Fit Control for Genesis3 (Commercial)

Comments

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,046

It has, it's basically done, just haven't released it yet...The G2M version sold poorly so I am in no rush to get this out the window.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,226
    Zev0 said:

It has, it's basically done, just haven't released it yet...The G2M version sold poorly so I am in no rush to get this out the window.

The G2M version is in my cart right now, and I'd love to get the G3M version, too, so please don't let it die on the vine.

• ZarconDeeGrissomZarconDeeGrissom Posts: 5,412
    edited January 2016
    Zev0 said:

Forgive what sounds like 'Venting' as it is not. I'll venture a guess that the Generation 6 versions did not sell all that well as most generation 6 outfits actually fit those figures without grief for the most part. For the past six months generation 7 has been nothing but grief to get cloths that are supposed to be for generation 7 to actually fit the figures. I have not actually installed any of the G3M content yet, as I fear it will be another base figure that will require D-former origami just to get the stuff "Made for it" to actually fit.

The situation with G3F is vastly improved with the G3F version of Fit Control, even tho it would be much nicer if the outfits fit without fussing with a million things. It at least works, and is the ONLY functioning solution that Tech Support suggested.  I can only guess there still sending people to some Michael 4 thing to address any problems with G3M, lol.

Post edited by ZarconDeeGrissom on

It also might be that most people were anticipating the arrival of G3M and held off buying products for G2M.

edited January 2016

This is also true. The timing of the release was also a factor. Anyways I didn't say I am scrapping it, just that I have more urgent products to get out first. In my spare time I guess I can wrap it up and get it released.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714
    Zev0 said:

This is also true. The timing of the release was also a factor. Anyways I didn't say I am scrapping it, just that I have more urgent products to get out first. In my spare time I guess I can wrap it up and get it released.

Spare time?

Pfft!

• Zev0: I'm another one of your customers quietly waiting for G3M fit control. :)

• wgdjohnwgdjohn Posts: 2,634

+1

• So is there a way to transfer Fit Control only to selected items conforming to G3F? Or does it automatically transfer the morphs to all every time? I do a lot of tinkering with my outfits, so, if the pants and shoes are set, but not the shirt, I swap out various shirts. That means Fit Control propagates to all clothing, and I'm always deleting it from pants and shoes, 'cause I only want it on the shirt. Any ability to target where the Fit Control goes -- i.e., only into certain items?

--MW

edited February 2016

That is why there is a remove morphs option for when you select a specific clothing item. We could not tell the script to only select certain items when it was being applied. It will always apply to everything fitted to the figure. Once you have your choice, then you remove it from what you don't want it on. The other way to do it is only load on what you wanted it applied to and then load everything else afterwards.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,824
    Zev0 said:

That is why there is a remove morphs option for when you select a specific clothing item. We could not tell the script to only select certain items when it was being applied. It will always apply to everything fitted to the figure. Once you have your choice, then you remove it from what you don't want it on.

Discovering that was a very interesting moment, with the G2F version. I had put a few different types of hair on the character, making one invisible with the eye and going on to the next while I looked for one that worked for what I needed, and then I added clothes without deleting any of the hair, and then Fit Control. I didn't realize that the morphs went into ANYTHING fit to the character. The scene got very heavyweight very fast, and then I finally thought to check the hair. My first thought was, "She probably doesn't need bridging or crotch morphs there, exactly."

Also, another person waiting with bated keyboard for the G3M version. (Although, you know, if you feel the urge to work on Aging Morphs first, I entirely understand! Really! Absolutely!)

edited February 2016

Male version is essentially done..Just haven't had time to package it yet. Have so much going on now lol..Need to get this damn Glute and Bend control done and out....I will try and squeeze in other stuff while I'm busy on the next released items. Kinda have to multitask these days lol.

Post edited by Zev0 on

I'd rather wait longer for your best work, than have you rush to get something out. smiley

• barbult said:

I'd rather wait longer for your best work, than have you rush to get something out. smiley

Yeah, okay, I DO agree with that.  It is just SOOOOO hard waiting when we know the great stuff coming down the pike!  smiley

edited February 2016

Well I kind of do have to rush in a way to free up space to create new products that I haven't yet been able to do yet, new ideas..So the sooner I get the essentials out, the better:) But don't worry I won't sacrifice on quality. If I am not happy with something it won't go out.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • Yes, free up space!  New products are good.  Your store is empty right now if I go there!  Any hints about what might be coming up on the drawing board we might be excited about, but don't know we need yet?

• wgdjohnwgdjohn Posts: 2,634
    Zev0 said:

If I am not happy with something it won't go out.

Same as I. Too bad everyone doesn't have this standard.

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,739
    Zev0 said:

Male version is essentially done..Just haven't had time to package it yet. Have so much going on now lol..Need to get this damn Glute and Bend control done and out....I will try and squeeze in other stuff while I'm busy on the next released items. Kinda have to multitask these days lol.

Adding one more voice to the G3M Fit Control waiters. The bulges for the G2M Fit Control save many poorly made pants from the scrap heap.

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,899

For what it's worth, I have and enjoy Fit Control for Genesis and G2M/G2F. And I just finally bought Growing Up for the same.

Woot!

• Zev0 said:
    vwrangler said:

Will we still need to save modified assets or save figure/prop to prevent the file bloat that happens otherwise? The G2 versions also had a utility to remove unused morphs as well, I know.

Only way to remove bloatedness is to click on the remove unused morphs. You can load the others back on a saved scene or file and dial what you need, and then remove the rest again. It is the only way this can be done. The script has to copy all morphs over everytime the script is activated. I don't know if that answers your question.

Glad I found this thread again. My files were going from a few hundred K to a few hundred megs, sometimes over a GB. I just wish the remove morph tool would work on multiple items at once. Still, it's a great product that's invaluable.

• DavidGBDavidGB Posts: 565

Great product, as with the G2F/M versions ...

... except ...

The one thing I wish it had was a set of smoothers for Gia 7, Raw Massive and Bodybuilder, especially as you did smoothers for Gianni 6, Raw Massive and Bodybuilder (along with other muscular shapes) for G2M, Have one character that uses (with a bunch of other things) a lot of Gia 7, and another that uses some Gia 7 and Raw Massive - and the muscle projection into clothing is hideous. (All the G3F clothing released up to the other week doesn't come with its own Gia7 morphs, nothing has Raw Massive support, and clothing converted from other figures doesn't have either, of course.) The way I work it's going to take me forever throwing each clothing item backwards and forwards between DS, Hexagon and Poser (for the morph brush) to smooth them out.

I was going to search out the thread for the G2F version of Fit Control, but might as well just add here: same for the G2F version - really wish it had Gia 6, Raw Massive and Bodybuilder smoothers. (In both cases I've never used and will probably never use the Raw Massive at 100%, but it is handy at lower percentages as part of replicating the body types of a number of types of athete.)

edited February 2016

I'll see what I can do, some smoothers are very complicated to make. Need to allocate time to update older products.. It takes out of current production time, which isn't much these days lol.

Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited February 2016
    Zev0 said:

I'll see what I can do, some smoothers are very complicated to make. Need to allocate time to update older products.. It takes out of current production time, which isn't much these days lol.

Even just setting up D-formers to make some G3F outfits actually fit G3F figures, I know tha pain oh so well. And it is always the same exact locations, that give me grief. (shakes head in disbelief). As for exporting the outfits, remaking them in Marvelous-Z-bruhs-whatever, and then re rigging them, is way beyond my abilities, and budget. Besides, if I'm going threw that much trouble to make some G3F outfits actually fit G3F figures, why bother paying for an outfit I essentially need to make again from scratch, lol.

Thank you Zev0 for your efforts, this has saved me some grief on G3F already. I'm still learning what most of the Fit Control dials do.

B.T.W. Some time ago, I had noticed that the G3F equivalent of "UAbdomen Size" (from Shape Shift) and something else put a nasty indent on the lower ribcage on G3F. I think it was Growing up "Not-So-Planet-size-chest" and "Abdomen Size", tho I can't remember whom the G3F figure was. It may have only been that one combination including the figure, as I have not noticed it recently with others.

Send me a screenshot and the morph combo so I can have a look.

edited February 2016

Bad combo, and not your fault, it works perfectly on everybody else. Forget about the Youth chest dial (Growing up 3), that dial had nothing to do with it.

As said, it is fine on everyone else.  works perfectly.

Alexis, has a vey different shape. a rather extreme shape in terms of G3F shaping.

And compounded by the "Abdomen Size" dial (Shape Shift for G3F), well, there is a better way. Just back off on the Alexis body dial, and the lower ribcage becomes a tad more manageable at levels under 50%. Again, the "Abdomen Size" dial is perfectly fine as is on everyone else.

P.S. In Lyoness's defense, I think Alexis is the most accurate thin figure I've seen around, lol. Something to do with never having seen anyone with a tummy that small, that was not excessively thin for there size (skin and bones).

BellySize_Vs_G3F_Good_001.png
    1215 x 441 - 152K
    BellySize_Vs_Elexis_1_001.png
    1441 x 914 - 388K
    BellySize_Vs_Elexis_2_001.png
    1210 x 523 - 191K
    OthersAreGoodAsIs_001.png
    1329 x 695 - 219K

Ah thanks for the examples.

• Well, if there is a Fit Control for Genesis 3 Male, you can count on me to buy it, Zev0. I went to use it the other day and I couldn't find it. I found the one for Genesis 2 Male. But no G3M. I thought "I can't believe I didn't buy it." Then I went to the store and couldn't find it. Then I came to this thread and read all the comments.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,944

I'm not sure of the difference between these Fit Control products and DAZ Studio 'AutoFit'? And if I buy the Genesis 3 Cross Figure product and the G3F Fit Control product does that essentially give me a G3M Fit Control product for free via the genesis 3 Cross Figure product?

edited April 2016
    Fit Control enhances autofit results and adds in more customization to clothing. And the male version has not been released yet. So no there is no free male version that comes with cross figure. As of now only the female version has been released.
    Post edited by Zev0 on
  • I'm not sure of the difference between these Fit Control products and DAZ Studio 'AutoFit'? And if I buy the Genesis 3 Cross Figure product and the G3F Fit Control product does that essentially give me a G3M Fit Control product for free via the genesis 3 Cross Figure product?

Auto-fit often leaves clothing that doesn't have "proper" support for the body shape used clinging to certain parts 9f the body; for example, use Victoria 7 then enlarge her breasts. The shirt that used to fit properly will start to cling    to the umdeeside of them and follow the contours of the body instead of hanging more loosely if it has been designed that way. While this actually is how real clothing will behave, despite some claims to the contrary, it's not desirable for a lot of users, which is where a product like Fit Control comes in.