There's Always Another Sale Thread -- Discussions Only Pt 2

Comments

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,898

Hylas said:

Kay, will add some more eligible items today. I'm also un-wishlisting and re-wishlisting all eligible items that are currently on my wishlist, maybe that will help.

Update: adding new eligible items to the wishlist did help, two wishlisted items in my calendar today :)

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,323

yes

• Sooo... do we think the PC membership will be back on sale again before June? I can't really afford it right now and I can't justify full price (minimum wage worker over here!) - but I stiiiil have until June...

• lou_harperlou_harper Posts: 1,158

doubledeviant said:

Dartanbeck said:

Emptying your wish list isn't hurting Daz 3D in any way, It just keep you from having any say in what they pick out for you. Looking in your wish list is Daz 3D being loving, friendly providers. Nothing more. Nothing sinister.

They want us to be happy!

If the algorithm is choosing from wishlisted regular DOs and wishlisted Daz+ items at random, then removing Daz+ items from your wishlist should help insure you aren't given cheap Daz+ items in place of something worth the investment. Even $2 a day adds up over the course of weeks, and it's not wrong to want good value for participating. Unfortunate that the incentives seem to be structured this way, but it could have been avoided by programming the offer to favor higher cost, non-Daz+ items for members.

I have a huge wishlist but none of the advent calendar items I've been getting for the past week came from it. Just a bunch of random stuff I have zero interest in. As if I wanted a towel for Aiko 3.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,012

Nerevarine said:

Sooo... do we think the PC membership will be back on sale again before June? I can't really afford it right now and I can't justify full price (minimum wage worker over here!) - but I stiiiil have until June...

Most likely at least during March Madness 

• Thanks @PerttiA - makes me feel better about having to dump it from my cart :')

Can also confirm my wishlist has been consistently used for the advent. It ran out of items on one of the days, so the freebie was some old M3 outfit. I added more Daz Originals stuff for G8 and 8.1, and bam! Got a great G8.1M outfit today for 2.99 - my other choice was some wonderful shaders, but I could make those myself. :D Checking the advent is the first thing I do each morning :)

lou_harper said:

doubledeviant said:

Dartanbeck said:

Emptying your wish list isn't hurting Daz 3D in any way, It just keep you from having any say in what they pick out for you. Looking in your wish list is Daz 3D being loving, friendly providers. Nothing more. Nothing sinister.

If the algorithm is choosing from wishlisted regular DOs and wishlisted Daz+ items at random, then removing Daz+ items from your wishlist should help insure you aren't given cheap Daz+ items in place of something worth the investment. Even $2 a day adds up over the course of weeks, and it's not wrong to want good value for participating. Unfortunate that the incentives seem to be structured this way, but it could have been avoided by programming the offer to favor higher cost, non-Daz+ items for members.

I have a huge wishlist but none of the advent calendar items I've been getting for the past week came from it. Just a bunch of random stuff I have zero interest in. As if I wanted a towel for Aiko 3.

Does your wish list have a bunch of Daz Originals in there?

I think mine are hitting every time because most of them got there from browsing the Daz + Sales events - add them to the wish list so I can make up my mind. Sometimes those things have a hundred or more pages to go through.

So far I got three Josh Crocket monsters, some cars, a motorcycle, weapons and some pretty nice outfits. 

But I have to admit, I'd probably grab the towel! I'm a legacy Nut!

• Dartanbeck said:

lou_harper said:

doubledeviant said:

Dartanbeck said:

I think mine are hitting every time because most of them got there from browsing the Daz + Sales events - add them to the wish list so I can make up my mind. Sometimes those things have a hundred or more pages to go through.

So far I got three Josh Crocket monsters, some cars, a motorcycle, weapons and some pretty nice outfits. 

At least you'd know where your towel is. laugh 

• daveso said:

what is the lowest priced item that can count for the $1 to keep the punch cards going? Can you use anything in the store or does it have to be from the xmas banner area? 

I've used some very old  - as in V4/M4 heyday old - items that were on sale for $2-3 (before any punch discounts) to keep up my punches  -Examples: https://www.daz3d.com/angeloi-the-flamesword & https://www.daz3d.com/the-art-of-dance-ballet-v4-leotard2

• Dartanbeck said:

lou_harper said:

doubledeviant said:

Dartanbeck said:

The Advent algorithm is doing much better than the Lightning Deals algorithm, for me. 

Of the days I've been Advent eligible so far I think there was just 1 thing that wasn't from my wishlist (& not appealing to me either). Compare that to the Lightning Deals, where I have been offered - as best I can recall - nothing from my wishlist. But I have gotten plenty for genres & generations I never buy (e.g., steampunk, fantasy Egyptian, G8.1)

Since I am not currently a member, the D+ items I have wishlisted aren't significantly cheaper than the DOs, so I don't care which I get. Yesterday, I did add some things to my wishlist to up my chances of getting something good these last few days since I lost a few punches earlier in the week.

• XiousDsXiousDs Posts: 317

Dartanbeck said:

lou_harper said:

doubledeviant said:

Dartanbeck said:

The Advent algorithm is doing much better than the Lightning Deals algorithm, for me. 

Of the days I've been Advent eligible so far I think there was just 1 thing that wasn't from my wishlist (& not appealing to me either). Compare that to the Lightning Deals, where I have been offered - as best I can recall - nothing from my wishlist. But I have gotten plenty for genres & generations I never buy (e.g., steampunk, fantasy Egyptian, G8.1)

Since I am not currently a member, the D+ items I have wishlisted aren't significantly cheaper than the DOs, so I don't care which I get. Yesterday, I did add some things to my wishlist to up my chances of getting something good these last few days since I lost a few punches earlier in the week.

Lightning deals are almost always useless to me. I have 1600 items on my wish list and lightning deals almost never include items on my wishlist. They usually include gen 2-3 or older stuff I have never put a like on. Every single item I have been offered via advent calendar has been from my wish list though.
  • TomhipTomhip Posts: 328

XiousDs said:

Lightning deals are almost always useless to me. I have 1600 items on my wish list and lightning deals almost never include items on my wishlist. They usually include gen 2-3 or older stuff I have never put a like on. Every single item I have been offered via advent calendar has been from my wish list though.

You can get super lucky with Lightning deals though, and it is defenitely worth checking out as long as you have the time, especially on big sales. It stacks with other sale discounts as opposite to Fast Grab which I dont even know why it exists at this point. I managed to get a G8 Pro bundle for $3 and anotehr for $8 before from Lightning deals and many more small deals here and there over time. 

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,932

...same sentiments here concerning the :Lightning Deals. I've yet to see anyy that relly cach my eye as either they are very old products or items I just have no interest in.  

I always thought that Daz+ items were also DOs however the DO icon is not on them (I let my membership expire earlier this month). . Bugger as I like some of those new architectural spaces 

kyoto kid said:

...same sentiments here concerning the :Lightning Deals. I've yet to see anyy that relly cach my eye as either they are very old products or items I just have no interest in.  

I always thought that Daz+ items were also DOs however the DO icon is not on them (I let my membership expire earlier this month). . Bugger as I like some of those new architectural spaces 

With discount it is around $35 for a year which with a weekly free item, monthly free item, and $6 coupon, you can get a lot of value from that.
    Anyone else having issues with the free Christmas puzzle not being free?
  • XiousDs said:

4¢ here

• JamieMJamieM Posts: 355

All freebies are $0.05 for me except for the Iden beard which is $4.19!

edited December 2023

...well it finally happened.  On the Advent calendar, I got a  G8 character that I have no interest in which was never on my wishlist, while the 2.99$ item is a geoshell makeup set for a G8 fantasy character, neither of which are on my wishlist either.  That's buggered as I have a number of DOs on my wishlist some of them  two years old or older and only one over 40$ MSRP.

I feel "Scrooged"

...and on my birthday yet. (I remember when Content Paradise gave registered customers a 4$ or 5$ coupon as a birthday prezzie).

JamieM said:

All freebies are $0.05 for me except for the Iden beard which is $4.19!

...yeah, noticed that as well while the 2.99$ HoliDaz Deals item is showing up with a price of 10.28$. 

Seems the Grinch  has taken over at Daz

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • ElorElor Posts: 1,095

XiousDs said:

I don't think Lightning Deals take Wishlist into account (but I did have some items from my wishlist appearing here), but they are definitely good deals to get with them, especially as @Tomhip said because other discounts do apply to them, including Daz+ coupons or Orange banner coupons.

If someone's has a minute to check them during big sales, they should and maybe they'll get lucky.

Another killer score! Sobek by JoeQuick was my Freebie choice! I love monsters!!!

So to celebrate, this fellow has been swimming around in my wish list for far too long, so I took him home to let him dive into my library! :)

edited December 2023

[Jimminy]! He just ate Loretta! I better call Predatron. He's not going to like this :(

Oh... whew! She's okay! Turns out they were just messing around - happy to see each other. Whew!

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • Another killer score! Sobek by JoeQuick was my Freebie choice! I love monsters!!!

So to celebrate, this fellow has been swimming around in my wish list for far too long, so I took him home to let him dive into my library! :)

That's Sobek? Did you add other morphs to it to achieve that look? It looks nothing like the Sobek I have in my Content Library. Regardless, it's a cool image though. He looks frightening swimming in the dark abyss.
  • XiousDs said:

yes, showed up as $.06 but that actually worked out for me since I'm not a Daz+ member, so the weekly Daz+ items (bubble car and plant thing) were free for me since i now had a qualifying purchase.  

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,437

Not Sobek (that's a Crocodile-like beast for G8M), but Sea Beast.

• TomhipTomhip Posts: 328

FrankTheTank said:

XiousDs said:

yes, showed up as $.06 but that actually worked out for me since I'm not a Daz+ member, so the weekly Daz+ items (bubble car and plant thing) were free for me since i now had a qualifying purchase.  

Whne the system tried to cheat you so you cheat the system instead :D

• kyoto kid said:

...well it finally happened.  On the Advent calendar, I got a  G8 character that I have no interest in which was never on my wishlist, while the 2.99$ item is a geoshell makeup set for a G8 fantasy character, neither of which are on my wishlist either.  That's buggered as I have a number of DOs on my wishlist some of them  two years old or older and only one over 40$ MSRP.

I feel "Scrooged"

If it makes you feel any better, I've had horrible luck with the Advent calendar. It's mostly been super-old things, older even than the stuff that comes at me in Lightning Deals sometimes. I have been known to buy a Lightning Deal every so often (in fact, I picked up an old hangar for under two dollars there this morning), but I think I've taken ONE item out of the entire Advent offerings so far.

I suspect my lack of Advent success is because I don't keep a wishlist--bookmarks work much better for me for keeping track of things I want to eventually buy.

• columbine said:

kyoto kid said:

I feel "Scrooged"

If it makes you feel any better, I've had horrible luck with the Advent calendar. It's mostly been super-old things, older even than the stuff that comes at me in Lightning Deals sometimes. I have been known to buy a Lightning Deal every so often (in fact, I picked up an old hangar for under two dollars there this morning), but I think I've taken ONE item out of the entire Advent offerings so far.

I suspect my lack of Advent success is because I don't keep a wishlist--bookmarks work much better for me for keeping track of things I want to eventually buy.

Same here I haven't bought one advent calendar item because they have all been lacklustre. Even for free the items haven't interested me. I think if they do another punch sale type of promotion I definitely won't take part.

• Sad to hear a lot have had no luck with the advent calendar :( Speaking of lightning deals, I have never bought one before this month. This month I've picked up 3 or so, including a lovely Ironman13 bundle today and a coat for 8.1 males (I don't use 9, only 8.1 and below, so it's perfect for me!). Not sure what's going on with those, but I'm constantly checking the store and hanging tight on the lightning deals these days :)

XiousDs said:

kyoto kid said:

With discount it is around $35 for a year which with a weekly free item, monthly free item, and $6 coupon, you can get a lot of value from that.

...my purchasing has swindled since the introduction of G9 (don't have funds these days to adopt a new  generation) which is why I let it expire.  G9 items have been popping up more in DOs and even Daz+ items from time to time.  Also I was not pleased with the price increase on older Daz+ items (I come form the days when they were all 1.99$, not upwards of 8$ - 10$ or more, and thaat's when my membership was still active)  With how prices have gone up, 6$ doesn't go as far as it did even 5 years ago..  

kyoto kid said:

XiousDs said:

kyoto kid said:

...my purchasing has swindled since the introduction of G9 (don't have funds these days to adopt a new  generation) which is why I let it expire.  G9 items have been popping up more in DOs and even Daz+ items from time to time.  Also I was not pleased with the price increase on older Daz+ items (I come form the days when they were all 1.99$, not upwards of 8$ - 10$ or more, and thaat's when my membership was still active)  With how prices have gone up, 6$ doesn't go as far as it did even 5 years ago..  

I can always manage to find something with the $6 coupon. That means over the course of a year I will get like 76 items included in the annual membership. 52 weekly items, 12 monthly items, 12 $6 coupons. The membership has been giving a bunch of gen 9 stuff which is not helpful if you are not using it now, but later you would have gen 9 models, gen 9 clothes, and other gen 9 stuff. About half of the stuff is still useful even if you only use gen 8.1 and earlier. But to each their own. We both look at the same thing and analyze its value very differently.
This discussion has been closed.