There's Always Another Sale Thread -- Discussions Only Pt 2

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,579

Okay, took some juggling but got:

-- one Debut at 67% off,

-- 2 DO's from Still New at 96% after DazPlus coupon

-- 23 items from my wishlist at 87% off

-- $200 gift card at 28% off

In total, $210.99 paid, 26 items and $200 in store credit received.

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,323

Fixmypcmike said:

Okay, took some juggling but got:

-- one Debut at 67% off,

-- 2 DO's from Still New at 96% after DazPlus coupon

-- 23 items from my wishlist at 87% off

-- $200 gift card at 28% off

In total, $210.99 paid, 26 items and $200 in store credit received.

That is So Cool!!! I wish I had a pile of cash to spend!

Wow. This whole sale has really done fun things to my library! I never thought I'd be able to get my hands on the Space Battle Fleet Bundle. But with that wonderful punch card and special sales going on all over the place... um... Yes!!!

• Matt_CastleMatt_Castle Posts: 2,521

Looks at today's advent offerings, and sees that the $2.99 pick is the one $3.99 Daz+ item on my wishlist, and which is now actually now more expensive because advent items ignore punch card discounts.

... yeah, thanks.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,932
    edited December 2023

...bugger, was busy and forgot to make my purchases before 00:00 Daz time, So I lose punch and essentially have to start all over again (3 days of purchases to get it back to 3). Also lost my free calendar item as well as another purchase I had in the cart that went back to full price..

...and double  punches are only for Debut items again. Was hoping they'd at least also be offered on the Artists' stores like before.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • kyoto kid said:

...bugger, was busy and forgot to make my purchases before 00:00 Daz time, So I lose punch and essentially have to start all over again (3 days of purchases to get it back to 3). Also lost my free calendar item as well as another purchase I had in the cart that went back to full price..

...and double  punches are only for Debut items again. Was hoping they'd at least also be offered on the Artists' stores like before.

you might need to start setting yourself alarms 

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,012

WendyLuvsCatz said:

kyoto kid said:

you might need to start setting yourself alarms 

Moving over to this side of the pond would probably help also cheeky 

...or something..  I was working on questions for our weekly trivia contest tomorrow and completely lost track of time,  Where I live Daz "Zero Hour" also comes at 23:00 local time, not 00:00.

If the Double Punch value offer was extended to the Featured Artists sale, it would have taken some of the sting out of losing a punch.

• MouserMouser Posts: 675

murgatroyd314 said:

Mouser said:

PerttiA said:

Mouser said:

The gift card 10% discount for over 100$ is not working.

It is working, put something over $100 in your cart (the gift card is not counted) and you get 10% off 

No it clearly says 'Including Gift Cards" so it is not working as stated.

A little below the bottom of your screenshot, it says "Gift cards do not count towards $100 cart total". 

As I cannot access the page anymore I will assume I stand corrected;)

• ElorElor Posts: 1,095

Mouser said:

To be fair, it's was written in smaller characters, in light gray over a dark gray background and several ligns bellow the short text about the 10 % for a $100 cart. I don't get the need of being 'sneaky' like that: it's just a sales rules, not a stealth plane tasked with attacking an ennemy military installation.

• Elor said:

Mouser said:

To be fair, it's was written in smaller characters, in light gray over a dark gray background and several ligns bellow the short text about the 10 % for a $100 cart. I don't get the need of being 'sneaky' like that: it's just a sales rule, not a stealth plane tasked with attacking an enemy military installation.

I hurt myself laughing at that. That's golden. 

• Elor said:

Mouser said:

To be fair, it's was written in smaller characters, in light gray over a dark gray background and several ligns bellow the short text about the 10 % for a $100 cart. I don't get the need of being 'sneaky' like that: it's just a sales rule, not a stealth plane tasked with attacking an enemy military installation.

paulawp (marahzen) said:

Elor said:

Mouser said:

Rest assured, if Elor suddenly disappears it's not because of leaked military secrets.  Move along, nothing to see here. 

• TomhipTomhip Posts: 328
    edited December 2023

Elor said:

Mouser said:

To be fair, it's was written in smaller characters, in light gray over a dark gray background and several ligns bellow the short text about the 10 % for a $100 cart. I don't get the need of being 'sneaky' like that: it's just a sales rules, not a stealth plane tasked with attacking an ennemy military installation.

Actually the stealth plane attack was just a deviersion to hide movements the secret commando team of misfits, with mission of robbing your wallet.

The DAZerters!

Post edited by Tomhip on
  • kimhkimh Posts: 386

I am confused. I had three punches but missed on the 16th (a friend died that day so was not thinking of Daz). Anyway went down to two punches. Made a purchase yesterday so should have gone back up to three but still shows two punches and not three as I expected. Am I thinking incorrectly?

• butterflyfishbutterflyfish Posts: 1,205
    edited December 2023

kimh said:

I am confused. I had three punches but missed on the 16th (a friend died that day so was not thinking of Daz). Anyway went down to two punches. Made a purchase yesterday so should have gone back up to three but still shows two punches and not three as I expected. Am I thinking incorrectly?

That's not how it works. It only counts the last 3 days. So the missed day has to cycle out before you get back to three punches.

Sorry for your loss.

Post edited by butterflyfish on
  • kimh said:

If you purchased on the 15th and 17th, but not the 16th, you should have two punches today. If you make a purchase today, you'll still have two punches tomorrow (from the 17th and 18th, but not the 16th). If you also make a purchase tomorrow, that'll put you back up to three on Wednesday (from the 17th, 18th, and 19th). 

• I spent $78 last December and $98 the year before that, but so far this year, only $13.

• MouserMouser Posts: 675

Elor said:

Mouser said:

What I do find strange is why they would say it is included in the first place and then say it isnt in the second?

Mouser said:

Elor said:

Mouser said:

What I do find strange is why they would say it is included in the first place and then say it isnt in the second?

It is included in that it receives the 10% discount, but it doesn't trigger the discount .

• XiousDsXiousDs Posts: 317
    Mouser said:

Elor said:

Mouser said:

Essentially it worked this way. Spend $100 on Daz stuff (not gift cards), then you get 10% extra off everything including giftcards. So folks with the money bought 3 new and still new items to stack a bonus 28% discount on top of other discounts and punch cards to bring the total price on a bunch of stuff down to just over $100, then they added a big gift card to cart for 28% less.
  • TomhipTomhip Posts: 328

Heads up: the "Arki and Luthbellina" Flash Sale banner gives some actual nice discounts on their stuff (80-86% with New Release over $5 buy-in)

Less than three hours until I can check my Advent again!

The wait is Killing Me!!!

That crazy little thing has been granting all manner of wishes for me! Well, I have to be very thrifty. So in my everyday shopping experience at Daz 3D, I'm always looking at the lower priced Daz Originals and wish listing the ones I really like. I like a lot of them! Well through this whole Advent/Punch Card thingy, I've been granted some really nice stuff.

But then there's that darned 24 hour wait!!!! LOL

Asside from Advent, I must say that this sale period has donned me with some pretty fun deals. 

Tomhip said:

Heads up: the "Arki and Luthbellina" Flash Sale banner gives some actual nice discounts on their stuff (80-86% with New Release over $5 buy-in)

...this was nice because there was an item I wanted.  Even without the "buy in", still a good deal.

Is it time yet?

Argh! 19 minutes!

@kyoto kid

I'm glad you still have that wonderful GIF of Brave playing in your sig

I really love that hair!!! I watched a full behind-the-scenes on that. That's no easy feat. I'd do it if I could.

I better go and watch Brave again. Good flick, great freaking Hair!!!

edited December 2023

...I actually tried to create her in Daz years ago   Don't remember all the character mixes I used as the parent file was lost in a drive crash.

For the hair I used two instances of Mairy's Bolina Hair.

I may take a stab at recreating her as I have Linday's Primavera Hair. and a freebie texture for the Morphing Fantasy Dress.

merida closeup.jpg
    900 x 900 - 438K
    Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • HylasHylas Posts: 4,898
    edited December 2023

I haven't been paying attention to the calendar for a hot minute because I wasn't buying anything and I was out of punches. Now I have access to the calendar again but neither item is from my wishlist. The last 3 times I did have access only the 2.99 item was from my wishlist, the free item was not. Just coincidence, or did we stop getting wishlist items regularly? I had put plenty of older DAZ originals under $30 and under $20 on my list.

Post edited by Hylas on
  • doubledeviantdoubledeviant Posts: 1,114
    edited December 2023
    Daz seems to have changed the advent calendar for the worse - yesterday it was a Daz+ item for the first time, and today a G2 item for the first time. Before it had always been a G8-era item. Barely worth the daily purchase at this point. Maybe not worth it anymore.

And yes, I have plenty of G8 Daz Originals left on my wishlist. The offer seems to default to the oldest or cheapest items now.
    Post edited by doubledeviant on

kyoto kid said:

...I actually tried to create her in Daz years ago   Don't remember all the character mixes I used as the parent file was lost in a drive crash.

For the hair I used two instances of Mairy's Bolina Hair.

I may take a stab at recreating her as I have Linday's Primavera Hair. and a freebie texture for the Morphing Fantasy Dress.

That looks Great! Do you have Classic Long Curly hair with dForce by Linday?

I haven't tried Primavera that much yet, but it doesn't seem nearly as lively as the Classic.

Man, she looks Great with the Bolina Hair!!! Bravo!

Man. And I scored again! Krampus HD for Free!

So I tossed in some fun Mely3D to celebrate! Genetic Cloning Lab. Fun!!!

This discussion has been closed.