There's Always Another Sale Thread -- Discussions Only Pt 2

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,579

doubledeviant said:

Daz seems to have changed the advent calendar for the worse - yesterday it was a Daz+ item for the first time, and today a G2 item for the first time. Before it had always been a G8-era item. Barely worth the daily purchase at this point. Maybe not worth it anymore.

And yes, I have plenty of G8 Daz Originals left on my wishlist. The offer seems to default to the oldest or cheapest items now.

Not for me -- I don't use G8, and I'm still getting them.  Both the items today were newer than most of my wishlist items, and I've seen Daz+ items from near the beginning.  I don't think the algorithm has changed. 

• ElorElor Posts: 1,095

Hylas said:

I haven't been paying attention to the calendar for a hot minute because I wasn't buying anything and I was out of punches. Now I have access to the calendar again but neither item is from my wishlist. The last 3 times I did have access only the 2.99 item was from my wishlist, the free item was not. Just coincidence, or did we stop getting wishlist items regularly? I had put plenty of older DAZ originals under $30 and under $20 on my list.

Yesterday, I had a $2.99 item not in my wishlist and looking at it, I was low on eligible items who were not already drafted for either position (free or $2.99) so I added a bunch and today, the two items are from my wishlist again, and the free one is a Daz+ item (it's not the first time a Daz+ item was selected).

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,012

Elor said:

Hylas said:

I haven't been paying attention to the calendar for a hot minute because I wasn't buying anything and I was out of punches. Now I have access to the calendar again but neither item is from my wishlist. The last 3 times I did have access only the 2.99 item was from my wishlist, the free item was not. Just coincidence, or did we stop getting wishlist items regularly? I had put plenty of older DAZ originals under $30 and under $20 on my list.

Yesterday, I had a $2.99 item not in my wishlist and looking at it, I was low on eligible items who were not already drafted for either position (free or $2.99) so I added a bunch and today, the two items are from my wishlist again, and the free one is a Daz+ item (it's not the first time a Daz+ item was selected).

All the Advent Calendar items have been from my wishlist, but I have some 1800 items on it, out of which 550 items are DO

• doubledeviantdoubledeviant Posts: 1,114
    edited December 2023

doubledeviant said:

Daz seems to have changed the advent calendar for the worse - yesterday it was a Daz+ item for the first time, and today a G2 item for the first time. Before it had always been a G8-era item. Barely worth the daily purchase at this point. Maybe not worth it anymore.

And yes, I have plenty of G8 Daz Originals left on my wishlist. The offer seems to default to the oldest or cheapest items now.

Not for me -- I don't use G8, and I'm still getting them.  Both the items today were newer than most of my wishlist items, and I've seen Daz+ items from near the beginning.  I don't think the algorithm has changed. 

Huh. Well, the joke's on Daz - I just removed all of the Daz+ items from my wishlist except for three newer releases, and that's lost sales potential since I'm likely to forget the removed items exist. Probably do the same for older DOs.
    Post edited by doubledeviant on
  • HylasHylas Posts: 4,898
    Kay, will add some more eligible items today. I'm also un-wishlisting and re-wishlisting all eligible items that are currently on my wishlist, maybe that will help.
  • manekiNekomanekiNeko Posts: 1,405

i must be very stupid and dense and challenged, but i really don't get this part of today's sales page, one of those promo squares:

Up to 80% off - Countdown to Christmas
    Each day several 2023 top selling items will be on a 24 hour amazing deal

and then when i click on the button VIEW TOP SELLERS , i land a few scrolls lower on a big title Top Selling Items on Sale for 24 Hours Each Day

but what's below it are 4 other squares again, one is membership 50% off, next is Mira 9 HD 60% off, then Olympia 9 and Breast Control 9.
    are those the mentioned top selling items??

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,387

manekiNeko said:

next is Mira 9 HD 60% off, then Olympia 9 and Breast Control 9.

I think so.

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,776

what is the lowest priced item that can count for the $1 to keep the punch cards going? Can you use anything in the store or does it have to be from the xmas banner area? 

i thought you could go back and buy the advent items for 2.99 , they're listed that way, but it doesn;t work. Seems it has to be the current day's item? 

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,579
    edited December 2023

daveso said:

what is the lowest priced item that can count for the $1 to keep the punch cards going? Can you use anything in the store or does it have to be from the xmas banner area? 

It's been any item for me

Post edited by fixmypcmike on

daveso said:

It can be any item including Lightning Deals (whose prices are already taking into account your punch card discount), so, just sort prices from low to high and looks if you find something interesting among the cheapest item.

• manekiNekomanekiNeko Posts: 1,405

Leana said:

manekiNeko said:

next is Mira 9 HD 60% off, then Olympia 9 and Breast Control 9.

I think so.

i see.. not what i imagined for this sale batch. picked Noggin's Fantasy Rats instead, has been sitting on my wishlist for years, literally... thanks for the reply ^^

• Hello. The search was being a little uncooperative so I'm gonna try here.

Let's say I put a Lightning Deal item into my cart, but the timer refreshes before I'm able to finalize my purchase. What happens to the price: does it reset to the original price or is the Lightning Deal price "snapshotted" once the item is in my cart?

I don't know what happen if you are in the process of paying an item when Lightning Deals are refreshed, but outside of that situation, prices are updated 'in real time', wether items are in your cart or not, so you should lose the 60% Lightning Deals discount if you fail to pay for one before the end of the three hours.

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,323

SageWindu said:

Hello. The search was being a little uncooperative so I'm gonna try here.

Let's say I put a Lightning Deal item into my cart, but the timer refreshes before I'm able to finalize my purchase. What happens to the price: does it reset to the original price or is the Lightning Deal price "snapshotted" once the item is in my cart?

Yes. If you don't check out by the time the deal expires, when you check out you'll see the non-Lightning price reflected.

• Hmm. I guess an experiment is in order. AFTER I grab the stuff I want.

I guess I'm just glad that I'm a DO fan. I love a lot of the outfits, monsters, and those amazing environments that might look kind of empty, yet well-textured... those things are Amazing! They take up very little resources and render really well. Easy to work with and there are plenty of props to doll them up with.

I also love the shader collections.

I pack that stuff into my wish list every time there's a major sale going on and I'm trying to decide what to get. Since they caught my eye then, those remaining just stay in there so I can watch them for the excellent prices they reflect throughout the year.

This Advent thing though... Man! They're really just giving this stuff away! Even if $2.99 isn't a huge discount from another Daz + sale, it's still an Awesome deal and counts toward punches. It's all just a big win!

Empying your wish list isn't hurting Daz 3D in any way, It just keep you from having any say in what they pick out for you. Looking in your wish list is Daz 3D being loving, friendly providers. Nothing more. Nothing sinister.

They want us to be happy!

• Dartanbeck said:

I guess I'm just glad that I'm a DO fan. I love a lot of the outfits, monsters, and those amazing environments that might look kind of empty, yet well-textured... those things are Amazing! They take up very little resources and render really well. Easy to work with and there are plenty of props to doll them up with.

I pack that stuff into my wish list every time there's a major sale going on and I'm trying to decide what to get. Since they caught my eye then, those remaining just stay in there so I can watch them for the excellent prices they reflect throughout the year.

This Advent thing though... Man! They're really just giving this stuff away! Even if $2.99 isn't a huge discount from another Daz + sale, it's still an Awesome deal and counts toward punches. It's all just a big win!

Empying your wish list isn't hurting Daz 3D in any way, It just keep you from having any say in what they pick out for you. Looking in your wish list is Daz 3D being loving, friendly providers. Nothing more. Nothing sinister.

It's been a few weeks since there was a new stuff + stacking sale that really ignited my interest, but the little daily stuff this month has been small but satisfying. Every day has had an Advent item that was on my wishlist, and there have been good daily freebie offerings.

Dartanbeck said:

There was a hair yesterday for 2.99 that I've looked at for a long time...then I passed on it, not I try to buy it and it is full price, even though its still sitting there in the calendar. Yeah, with a full 35% off punchcard it brings it down to $1.94, so its a great deal. I'm having trouble finding something under $2.00 today. Hopefully something will pop up in the lighning deals.  I dont buy too many shaders just as I dont use them often. The ones in there tday I for sure won;t use. Seems like a waste of money just to maintain the punchcard.  

• Dartanbeck said:

SageWindu said:

Hello. The search was being a little uncooperative so I'm gonna try here.

Yes. If you don't check out by the time the deal expires, when you check out you'll see the non-Lightning price reflected.

Ah, I didn't see this earlier. I just verified this myself (right before seeing this to boot)

Either way, thanks. That's another thing to remember.

daveso said:

Dartanbeck said:

~snip~

There was a hair yesterday for 2.99 that I've looked at for a long time...then I passed on it, not I try to buy it and it is full price, even though its still sitting there in the calendar. Yeah, with a full 35% off punchcard it brings it down to $1.94, so its a great deal. I'm having trouble finding something under $2.00 today. Hopefully something will pop up in the lighning deals.  I dont buy too many shaders just as I dont use them often. The ones in there tday I for sure won;t use. Seems like a waste of money just to maintain the punchcard.  

Just FYI - between the two Advent offerings is a circle with the word "or" inside. You can get one of the deals OR the other. I'm also not sure if they stick around once that day passes. 

• Dartanbeck said:

daveso said:

Dartanbeck said:

~snip~

Just FYI - between the two Advent offerings is a circle with the word "or" inside. You can get one of the deals OR the other. I'm also not sure if they stick around once that day passes. 

They are oner-day only, though you can see what was offered the previous day from the open window.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,932

Dartanbeck said:

kyoto kid said:

...I actually tried to create her in Daz years ago   Don't remember all the character mixes I used as the parent file was lost in a drive crash.

For the hair I used two instances of Mairy's Bolina Hair.

I may take a stab at recreating her as I have Linday's Primavera Hair. and a freebie texture for the Morphing Fantasy Dress.

That looks Great! Do you have Classic Long Curly hair with dForce by Linday?

I haven't tried Primavera that much yet, but it doesn't seem nearly as lively as the Classic.

Man, she looks Great with the Bolina Hair!!! Bravo!

..yes I have that too,  On my old system it takes a while to run a sim for either one on more than a very simple standing .pose.

edited December 2023

kyoto kid said:

Dartanbeck said:

kyoto kid said:

...I actually tried to create her in Daz years ago   Don't remember all the character mixes I used as the parent file was lost in a drive crash.

For the hair I used two instances of Mairy's Bolina Hair.

I may take a stab at recreating her as I have Linday's Primavera Hair. and a freebie texture for the Morphing Fantasy Dress.

That looks Great! Do you have Classic Long Curly hair with dForce by Linday?

I haven't tried Primavera that much yet, but it doesn't seem nearly as lively as the Classic.

Man, she looks Great with the Bolina Hair!!! Bravo!

..yes I have that too,  On my old system it takes a while to run a sim for either one on more than a very simple standing .pose.

Yes. It takes at least an hour (often more) for me to simulate a 240 frame animation

Both Wet Style Curly and Primavera are a Lot faster to simulate.

Post edited by Dartanbeck on
    edited December 2023

...post sent seperatly to get back on track here.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • doubledeviantdoubledeviant Posts: 1,114
    edited December 2023

Emptying your wish list isn't hurting Daz 3D in any way, It just keep you from having any say in what they pick out for you. Looking in your wish list is Daz 3D being loving, friendly providers. Nothing more. Nothing sinister.

If the algorithm is choosing from wishlisted regular DOs and wishlisted Daz+ items at random, then removing Daz+ items from your wishlist should help insure you aren't given cheap Daz+ items in place of something worth the investment. Even $2 a day adds up over the course of weeks, and it's not wrong to want good value for participating. Unfortunate that the incentives seem to be structured this way, but it could have been avoided by programming the offer to favor higher cost, non-Daz+ items for members.
    Post edited by doubledeviant on

...no longer a Daz+ member here, and those items are now just normal products. so I left them in.

If the algorithm is choosing from wishlisted regular DOs and wishlisted Daz+ items at random, then removing Daz+ items from your wishlist should help insure you aren't given cheap Daz+ items in place of something worth the investment. Even $2 a day adds up over the course of weeks, and it's not wrong to want good value for participating. Unfortunate that the incentives seem to be structured this way, but it could have been avoided by programming the offer to favor higher cost, non-Daz+ items for members

To me, Daz + items in my wish list are a Very worthy investment. Especially at the price of Free or $2.99

I have cool stuff in my wish list, and this way I've been getting something from that selection of Cool stuff! :)

Not trying to argue - just trying to help you get what you wish for.

These sales at Daz 3D are doing a Lot better at saving me money at a much higher value than any of the other Holiday Offers flowing into my email inbox, that's for sure!

Case and Point. Another beautiful day that caters to my wishes! ;)

MOS Invasion may be legacy, but it's Awesome and is on sale right now for over $15

The armor is really cool, and I have the expansion that comes with the Warhammer supplement for Kibaretto's Commander. But this gun is worth the entire price of the product!

...and all of my Uzelite (authoring artist) stuff translates very nicely to Iray as well. Looks Fan-Freaking Tastic!

This discussion has been closed.