There's Always Another Sale Thread -- Discussions Only Pt 2

Comments

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,013

beregar said:

Huh. Weird. I received the St. Patricks coupon mail 23 hours ago but when I clicked the linkys it didn't say anything about coupon anywhere except like hour ago when I clicked the link from my phone. Now it's gone again from both phone and the shop though normally the store rolls over at 9 am my time so one hour from now (and it doesn't look like it has rolled over). Oh well.

Utah has moved to DST already, which means the time difference is now 8 hours instead of the normal 9 until europe moves to DST as well.

The Coupon was on yesterdays promo page

• beregarberegar Posts: 269

PerttiA said:

beregar said:

Huh. Weird. I received the St. Patricks coupon mail 23 hours ago but when I clicked the linkys it didn't say anything about coupon anywhere except like hour ago when I clicked the link from my phone. Now it's gone again from both phone and the shop though normally the store rolls over at 9 am my time so one hour from now (and it doesn't look like it has rolled over). Oh well.

Utah has moved to DST already, which means the time difference is now 8 hours instead of the normal 9 until europe moves to DST as well.

The Coupon was on yesterdays promo page

Aaa. I see. That explains it. Weird that I always fail to check this on the day there's actually some interesting discount because I usually check every day. I even wrote to forums yesterday but somehow missed the whole pot-of-gold dealy! I guess I'm subconsciously protecting my wallet. laugh

• lou_harperlou_harper Posts: 1,159

I bought a $50 gift card yesterday and got a $5 discount. No idea why.

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,309

lou_harper said:

DAZ+ Members get 10% off the entire cart (see the top of the March Madness sale page) 

MelanieL said:

lou_harper said:

DAZ+ Members get 10% off the entire cart (see the top of the March Madness sale page) 

Ah, didn't realize it applied to gift cards.

• DarkS474DarkS474 Posts: 151

Still no deep discount on Interactive Licenses.. meaning at $5 , $8 or $10 like it was many times in the last few years. All of a sudden there have been no deep discounts on those for many months already.

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,793

OK now I understand why there's an adult content warning lol, but then you'd think they could show things textured. And full nudity since those who don't want to see it can block it. I'm sick of all the untextured promos or too much clothes covering bodies of characters now. https://www.daz3d.com/cgi-secret-details-for-genesis-9-masculine-and-merchant-recourses

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,848

Wonderland said:

OK now I understand why there's an adult content warning lol, but then you'd think they could show things textured. And full nudity since those who don't want to see it can block it. I'm sick of all the untextured promos or too much clothes covering bodies of characters now. https://www.daz3d.com/cgi-secret-details-for-genesis-9-masculine-and-merchant-recourses

Yikes, this does not feel like the Daz store. 

• NathNath Posts: 2,770

Wonderland said:

The product has no textures, it says so in the description. Apart from that, I agree with you. 

• PedroCPedroC Posts: 194

Wonderland said:

yes yesyes

For those who do not want to see these types of images and products, there is the option, which is also deactivated by default and must be marked on purpose. Account > Info Account > Edit > Show Mature Images.

So those who have decided to see them see these types of images.

I don't know if I will buy this product in the future, but thanks to this type of details and images I have marked it for my wish list. Personally, I appreciate these types of images of details in the product that help me value it much better.

• TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 3,156

barbult said:

Excellent, about time and color galleria is here now. Good! 

As for textures on the product indicated above, they're morphs. Skin would be example only

• ElorElor Posts: 1,099

PedroC said:

If the mature setting was introduced just for this product, I would agree, but it's also hidding so much more.

edited March 19

Other stores have been showing more all along. This is catch up and about time. Hopefully this will lead to a more informed shopping experience

Post edited by Torquinox on

Elor said:

PedroC said:

If the mature setting was introduced just for this product, I would agree, but it's also hidding so much more.

I suspect they're working out the bugs. This is a big shift in position for daz store. They already have a huge product inventory to check.

• SilverGirlSilverGirl Posts: 722

Today is the sort of sale I love... no complex math or brain-breaking strategy of if this then that when this other thing but only if such and such.

Nope. I pulled up my wish list, went "wow, a bunch of stuff I want is on a really good discount!" and put it in my cart and bought it.

Thanks, Daz!

• Rod Wise DriggoRod Wise Driggo Posts: 2,182

If the mature filter was integrated to finally depict products for what they contain then it was well worth it! Hope that PAs like Zev0 or Soto will use this as well.

• jjmainorjjmainor Posts: 482

Torquinox said:

Other stores have been showing more all along. This is catch up and about time. Hopefully this will lead to a more informed shopping experience

Maybe polygon counts and wireframe images will be next.

barbult said:

Wonderland said:

It's kinda said, but money talks.

edited March 19

jjmainor said:

Torquinox said:

And download size! Probably not much demand for 1Gb pillow sets, but such a thing exists. It was a freebie, and not really worth the storage space.

Edit:

https://www.daz3d.com/decorative-pillows - 800mb, not a full Gb. Still download size would be good to know in advance!

Post edited by Torquinox on
  • I used my Pot of Gold on several things in my wishlist plus 1 or 2 inexpensive things I've considered off & on in the past but didn't wishlist for some reason. Used the new bi-plane as the trigger. Add in Drutherson 8 for the $3.99 coupon and a good price on the LORez Horse 2 last week and I am happy with what I spent (part of) my birthday money on.

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,793

Torquinox said:

jjmainor said:

Torquinox said:

And download size! Probably not much demand for 1Gb pillow sets, but such a thing exists. It was a freebie, and not really worth the storage space.

Edit:

https://www.daz3d.com/decorative-pillows - 800mb, not a full Gb. Still download size would be good to know in advance!

And material zones! I really appreciate it when promos show the material zones because I like using my own textures. 

• ArtAngelArtAngel Posts: 1,641
    edited March 20

PedroC said:

Wonderland said:

yes yesyes

For those who do not want to see these types of images and products, there is the option, which is also deactivated by default and must be marked on purpose. Account > Info Account > Edit > Show Mature Images.

I don't know if I will buy this product in the future, but thanks to this type of details and images I have marked it for my wish list. Personally, I appreciate these types of images of details in the product that help me value it much better.

Up until now it has been characters in robes and briefs and to see a RAW ART clothed in a robe character, I had to turn it on and wondered why did they start this. Every mature render had clothing on. So no, this is not okay. in my mind. I have seen posted images, less vulgar banned from DAZ. It's like I can't post a textured issue with a render showing an issue with seams that would be hidden by clothing, but a PA can post on the catalogue public page a close up of genetils? Bull droppings! This is a true example of the saying, 'the pot calls the kettle black'.

Post edited by ArtAngel on
  • PedroCPedroC Posts: 194

ArtAngel said:

PedroC said:

Wonderland said:

yes yesyes

Up until now it has been characters in robes and briefs and to see a RAW ART clothed in a robe character, I had to turn it on and wondered why did they start this. Every mature render had clothing on. So no, this is not okay. in my mind. I have seen posted images, less vulgar banned from DAZ. It's like I can't post a textured issue with a render showing an issue with seams that would be hidden by clothing, but a PA can post on the catalogue public page a close up of genetils? Bull droppings! This is a true example of the saying, 'the pot calls the kettle black'.

From my point of view it is not contradictory. What there were were two problems:

1) A Mature filter image was needed.

2) That DAZ would one day learn what is and what is not applicable to the "Show Mature Images" filter.

Point 1 seems to be resolved in DAZ. Now they just need to solve point 2.

• JumbotronJumbotron Posts: 84
    edited March 20

Hi,

I wonder, would this new coupon code (WISH-LUV) for an extra 20% discount for up to three wishlisted items work on a gift card? I think it wouldn't, but its conditions do not specify anything about gift cards. And you can move a gift card from your cart to your wish list. Not that I've tried it, since I had no gift card wishlisted prior to this day. But my doubt stll exists.

Post edited by Jumbotron on

jumbotron.nkna said:

Hi,

I wonder, would this new coupon code (WISH-LUV) for an extra 20% discount for up to three wishlisted items work on a gift card? I think it wouldn't, but its conditions do not specify anything about gift cards. And you can move a gift card from your cart to your wish list. Not that I've tried it, since I had no gift card wishlisted prior to this day. But my doubt stll exists.

Probably not.

Is it an  orange banner? Because I didn't recieve any such coupon code.

• SilverGirlSilverGirl Posts: 722

lou_harper said:

jumbotron.nkna said:

Hi,

Probably not.

It's on the main sale page for today, near the top: the full-width tile under the 10% off entire cart and 30% off membership tiles. 

• JumbotronJumbotron Posts: 84
    edited March 20

lou_harper said:

Probably not.

Hi,

I see it on today's sale page, here: https://www.daz3d.com/march-madness-2024

It says that it is for Daz+ members only. I'm attaching a screenshot of the banner as I see it.

ss3.jpg
    2657 x 823 - 300K
    Post edited by Jumbotron on

I totally missed that. These sales are getting overcomplicated.

• doubledeviantdoubledeviant Posts: 1,114
    It's getting annoying having the "big bundle(s) of the week" randomly filled with editorial content. The system Daz has chosen - tokens - favors finding a good deal on Monday or Tuesday to earn double tokens to use for a good deal on the new bundle on Thursday. It works out halfway okay if you're usually interested in the bundles, but it falls apart if there's a good chance that editorial junk will kill your interest in any given week's offering.

The bundles are too expensive without tokens, and the inclusion of editorial content makes it (even more of) a coin flip whether or not they'll be interesting. It's a real shame since many of the non-editorial bundles such as Tara and Mercilus have been great lately. But with no way to know whether or not Daz will be pushing editorial content each week, the hassle is increasingly not worthwhile.
This discussion has been closed.