There's Always Another Sale Thread -- Discussions Only Pt 2

Comments

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,884

An extra 10% off bundles with the purchase of two new items is really stretching the definition of a "blowout".

• James_HJames_H Posts: 1,020

Gordig said:

An extra 10% off bundles with the purchase of two new items is really stretching the definition of a "blowout".

The button leads me nowhere: so unlike today's candle it's been blown out.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,037

more a snuff

• Rod Wise DriggoRod Wise Driggo Posts: 2,182

Gordig said:

Yep. Mostly not that attractive. Also don't understand why it is not possible to combine such sales with an option to just use the prices of items one does not already own. If that would have been considered I might have used the "blowout" to finally get the bundles where I own all but one or two products.

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,898

"Prices shown reflect the purchase of all four items, prices of individual items may differ depending on cart content."

Was this line always there? I don't think so... cool

Bildschirmfoto 2024-03-12 um 20.20.19.png
    1452 x 1262 - 1M
  • JumbotronJumbotron Posts: 84
    edited March 12

Hylas said:

"Prices shown reflect the purchase of all four items, prices of individual items may differ depending on cart content."

I also think that's a recent addition. I frequently bought lightning deals and I also frequently opened tickets to ask for partial refunds when I found that the price of the offered product in cart was higher than what the sale announced. I can imagine they are a bit tired of dealing with protesting customers like me. Haha! Well, now that I'm a little bit more experienced, I rely more on store credit, stacking discounts and big sales than on the lightning deals. :)

Post edited by Jumbotron on

jumbotron.nkna said:

Hylas said:

I also think that's a recent addition. I frequently bought lightning deals and I also frequently opened tickets to ask for partial refunds when I found that the price of the offered product in cart was higher than what the sale announced. I can imagine they are a bit tired of dealing with protesting customers like me.

That was also my first thought...

Why not just make the Lightning Discounts, you know... work properly?

*grumble grumble*

• Hylas said:

jumbotron.nkna said:

Hylas said:

I also think that's a recent addition. I frequently bought lightning deals and I also frequently opened tickets to ask for partial refunds when I found that the price of the offered product in cart was higher than what the sale announced. I can imagine they are a bit tired of dealing with protesting customers like me.

*grumble grumble*

Yes, it's new. Showed up late last weekend. Yes it would be better to fix it, but it might be difficult to do (not sure since I know nothing about coding or maintaining websites/stores), given all the variables in this store. I hope this is a stopgap, so they don't have to make fixes to a bunch of orders, while the store team sorts it out permanently.

• TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 3,156

If they "fix" lightning deals, they might make it worse. As it is, stacking sometimes reduces the price below the stated lightning deal price and daz+ coupons apply. I've got a few really good bargains that way, and I like it. 

Boy, the MM-key item/day1/day2-scheme plus Tokens make spontaneous purchases no fun at all.

Have currently the skinny jeans (key) and Zev0's AutoLife in cart. Want to preserve my 8 tokens for Thursdays potential Pro Bundle drop so I applied just 1 token which I would get back from the purchase.

Cart says:
    - Skinny Jeans for 74% off
    - Auto Life for 62% off

Both will be 68% off tomorrow with full tokens IMO. So I will probably empty todays cart once again and maybe get only AutoLife tomorrow. DAZ would definitively get more money from me with a better sale logic.

Rod Wise Driggo said:

DAZ would definitively get more money from me with a better sale logic.

The way I see it, Daz already got my money. I'm on store credit due to a GC. So, I'm not under any pressure to do anything. I can wait 'til I like what I see. I'm mostly waiting for the times to use my Daz+ coupons. Maybe something good will happen in the next 2-1/2 weeks.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,909

miladyderyni_173d399f47 said:

Hylas said:

jumbotron.nkna said:

Hylas said:

*grumble grumble*

Yes, it's new. Showed up late last weekend. Yes it would be better to fix it, but it might be difficult to do (not sure since I know nothing about coding or maintaining websites/stores), given all the variables in this store. I hope this is a stopgap, so they don't have to make fixes to a bunch of orders, while the store team sorts it out permanently.

I believe it's been there since the beginning of MM depending on the offer of the day.

G8/8.1 core characters and HD add-ons for $4 each... yes please, and thank you!

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,793
    edited March 14

Sophia 9 looks pretty much the same as all the Daz originals. A 30-something average looking woman with the same skin tone and same average boring body. They should at least do a new Girl 9 or Aiko 9 or SOMETHING a little creative and different, The PA characters are always so much better than the Daz ones and priced much better. I have no interest in this bundle at all. 

Who is the character with this hair? This is a much more interesting character that would add a bit of something to the gene pool. I wish she was Sophia 9. 

it's not letting me upload an image. I was referring to the character here. The hair is cute too. https://www.daz3d.com/hs-riley-shades-hair-for-genesis-9-8-and-81-female

Post edited by Wonderland on
  • I don't mind Sophia, but I'm a bit underwhelmed by the bundling strategy. More space stuff, which is completely fine as they tend to do runs of genres, but those who want the characters - base and textures, HD, shape and possibly the makeup - don't get a bundle. I think there should be a base character bundle, a genre-themed bundle and a pro bundle that includes everything. That way, folk into the genre can pick up the themed stuff, folk into the character can pick up all that related stuff, and on those weeks where someone want everythings then the pro bundle is there.

For me, the pricing is wrong when I can't pick up what I consider the core cheaper or the same as the starter bundle. That has stopped me buying the majority of the recent releases. But I do like the character and her shapes, just unsure if I'll be picking her up right now (again). The pro bundle looks excellent for those into their sci-fi though.

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,688

ainm.sloinneadh said:

I don't mind Sophia, but I'm a bit underwhelmed by the bundling strategy. More space stuff, which is completely fine as they tend to do runs of genres, but those who want the characters - base and textures, HD, shape and possibly the makeup - don't get a bundle. I think there should be a base character bundle, a genre-themed bundle and a pro bundle that includes everything. That way, folk into the genre can pick up the themed stuff, folk into the character can pick up all that related stuff, and on those weeks where someone want everythings then the pro bundle is there.

For me, the pricing is wrong when I can't pick up what I consider the core cheaper or the same as the starter bundle. That has stopped me buying the majority of the recent releases. But I do like the character and her shapes, just unsure if I'll be picking her up right now (again). The pro bundle looks excellent for those into their sci-fi though.

I really like your idea of a new bundles tier system, that would make so much sense! But nah, we must ALWAYS be enticed to buy stuff that we really don't want along with what we actually want ... devil 

• caravellecaravelle Posts: 2,418

ainm.sloinneadh said:

I don't mind Sophia, but I'm a bit underwhelmed by the bundling strategy. More space stuff, which is completely fine as they tend to do runs of genres, but those who want the characters - base and textures, HD, shape and possibly the makeup - don't get a bundle. I think there should be a base character bundle, a genre-themed bundle and a pro bundle that includes everything. That way, folk into the genre can pick up the themed stuff, folk into the character can pick up all that related stuff, and on those weeks where someone want everythings then the pro bundle is there.

A bundle with the character, HD, expressions and possibly make-up would actually be a good idea. I put it together myself (Sophia 9, HD, Makeup System, Salvage Tech Outfit) and - with 6 tokens - only paid $9.92 for the character. 

I like Sophia, but I'm really not interested in the sci-fi theme of the bundles anymore. There's just too much of it, and I own a lot of it. But luckily there are always individual interesting items: The Tech Outfit is versatile and not just usable in space and for female characters.

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 4,031

Could someone clarify if the key item today is the Sophia 9 Pro Bundle? Or items within it? If not, what is?

I think this maybe the most confusing key item layout sales page yet.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,013

memcneil70 said:

Could someone clarify if the key item today is the Sophia 9 Pro Bundle? Or items within it? If not, what is?

It says; "Your Key Item: Any Newly Mad Releases"

• RiverMissyRiverMissy Posts: 296

PerttiA said:

memcneil70 said:

I couldn't figure out what the "Key Item" was either. It is very confusing to say the least and kind of a drag. Won't get me to buy today. Thank you for clarifying this.

• I got the Sophia 9 bundle because A) I had a bunch of expiring tokens, B) I personally need more sci-fi stuff in general and C) I like the overall look of Sophia and what the bundle offers.

However, I agree that the recent releases are looking mostly the same.  It's very similar to the Kara 9 Bundle (which was pretty cool).  And when you add that plus the recent Star Trek bundles, it's a bit too much Sci-Fi in a short period.  If another comes along like this, I might just get the character and that's it.  I would have loved a Lady Luck bundle with Celtic fantasy assets and magical effects.  I'd love for it to include:

Character-A dainty, Celtic look to rival Victoria (way too many characters look the same, too).  Hair-A long flowing D-force with an addon that include magical effects.  Makeup-Colorful makeup and also a golden skin variant of the character(just like Snow Queen).  Outfits-Something trickster or magician themed.  Unicorn-an addon to the Daz horse 3 with pegasus wings.  Lucky special effects and magic weapons.

It would be strange (eh, maybe not for DAZ) but at least different.  Come on, Daz, it's still March; It's not too late to make this kind of bundle!

• It has been a little sci fi heavy lately and this bundle is another one that I'll be skipping as I have no particular use for anything in it, but last year's "five days of orcs" (during which I almost lost my first accumulation of 8 tokens, IIRC) still stands for me as the most egregious episode of monomania in new releases during in my time of buying Daz stuff. That said, I had a stack of tokens expiring last night at midnight - because I haven't been buying stuff - and I used them to buy $80 of misc to get another 8 tokens for today and the weekend. Next time, I might just let them go.

• SilverGirlSilverGirl Posts: 722

NetherFalcon said:

Unicorn-an addon to the Daz horse 3 with pegasus wings.  Lucky special effects and magic weapons.

I like the idea of a modular fantasy add-on for horse 3... horn and wings as separate options so someone can have a unicorn, a pegasus, or an alicorn, as suits them. Options to make the legs more dainty and the hooves cloven for those who favor a more deer-like unicorn.

But yeah, with St. Pat's coming up, I really thought they'd take a breather from the endless sci-fi and go for something Irish-themed with the week's bundle... no such luck.

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 4,031

PerttiA said:

memcneil70 said:

Thanks PrettiA. I took a chance and bought the cart.

One item that was under the PA's back catalogs https://www.daz3d.com/reubens-poses-for-genesis-8-females I couldn't remember seeing. I looked at every pose and then thought that with RiverSoft Art's https://www.daz3d.com/bone-minion-for-genesis-8-and-81-poses-for-genesis-9 these would be great for me.

I also would like to say how much I appreciate the PAs who have been creating poses that are period appropriate for the historical clothing that also works well with simulations. I had been asking for them over the past number of years and now we have a great selection to pick from.

• lou_harperlou_harper Posts: 1,159

paulawp (marahzen) said:

It has been a little sci fi heavy lately and this bundle is another one that I'll be skipping as I have no particular use for anything in it, but last year's "five days of orcs" (during which I almost lost my first accumulation of 8 tokens, IIRC) still stands for me as the most egregious episode of monomania in new releases during in my time of buying Daz stuff. That said, I had a stack of tokens expiring last night at midnight - because I haven't been buying stuff - and I used them to buy $80 of misc to get another 8 tokens for today and the weekend. Next time, I might just let them go.

I'm the same with this bundle, but exactly the opposite with the orcs. I love orcs and bought a bunch of stuff then.

I would like a new base character with a bit of character, if you know what I mean. Another Dolb, Ollie, Mabel, Floyd, etc. And we are due for a G9 baby, not because I like babies, but then we could have a Babyfication for G9, which I would like very much.

lou_harper said:

I'm the same with this bundle, but exactly the opposite with the orcs. I love orcs and bought a bunch of stuff then.

Ironically, and to my dismay, the only orc from that lot that I would like to buy is not even available as a character. 

Kurdan_Hair_Genesis_9_main.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 1M
  • TomhipTomhip Posts: 328

So there is a new coupon for 20% off, but I also got a special coupon message for 30% off because I bough something earlier today.

I am so p*******, I can't tell.

Bought a $100 cart earlier today. That would have been $80 with the coupon just added.

And to compensate DAZ offers me 30% off if I spend even more...

- but only if I spend that money today

- and of course not on gift cards which would have been the only thing making sense

That is insulting beyond any believe!

• PancakePancake Posts: 57

Rod Wise Driggo said:

Bought a $100 cart earlier today. That would have been $80 with the coupon just added.

- and of course not on gift cards which would have been the only thing making sense

General rule to follow is that 7am is when the new daily begins, and 7pm is when they're likely to make a change/additional/flash sale/etc.

I never buy first thing in the morning, always wait that extra 12 hours. Worth keeping in mind.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,013

Pancake said:

Rod Wise Driggo said:

General rule to follow is that 7am is when the new daily begins, and 7pm is when they're likely to make a change/additional/flash sale/etc.

I never buy first thing in the morning, always wait that extra 12 hours. Worth keeping in mind.

Also... Making the purchase after 6PM Daztime, extends the validity of earned tokens by one day (=5 days) 

This discussion has been closed.