There's Always Another Sale Thread -- Discussions Only Pt 2

Comments

• ElorElor Posts: 1,099

If the reward is too disapointing, it's still possible to ask for a refund for Easter eggs that you wouldn't have bought without the incentive of a mistery reward.

• TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 3,156

Doesn't matter what the yeast reward is. I don't want or need the buy-in item. Unless that changes, I'll be sitting out the promo. Besides, these mystery reward deals don't necessarily turn out well.

• To be fair, unless it's an awesome sale/discount, applicable to the item(s) of your choice, it would be impossible to please everyone.

• paulawp (marahzen) said:

To be fair, unless it's an awesome sale/discount, applicable to the item(s) of your choice, it would be impossible to please everyone.

It's too true.  I'm hoping for something better than the underwhelming cars collection.

• edited March 25

Torquinox said:

Doesn't matter what the yeast reward is. I don't want or need the buy-in item. Unless that changes, I'll be sitting out the promo. Besides, these mystery reward deals don't necessarily turn out well.

Anyone else recall the complaints about the Season Tickets?  So. Many. Folks unhappy with several/all of the mystery G8 characters they paid a nice sum to get sight unseen?

Post edited by miladyderyni_173d399f47 on
  • tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,688

miladyderyni_173d399f47 said:

Torquinox said:

Anyone else recall the complaints about the Season Tickets?  So. Many. Folks unhappy with several/all of the mystery G8 characters they paid a nice sum to get sight unseen?

I seem to only ever remember mystery deals like this where people were thoroughly disappointed afterwards with what they got (or didn't get - cue in ominous Horse 3 music ...). So I guess if one wants to participate, it should be done in a spirit of fun gambling where the reward is in the excitement of the 'hunt'. Personally, I'm not a gambling type though. Anyways, hope everyone enjoys!

• SilverGirlSilverGirl Posts: 722

I had fun with the Holiday freebies. Some of them were fun or super useful, some of them really weren't something I'd use. If it was an all free thing, or if the eggs were all something I'd use at a reasonable price I'd participate, but the way they're advertising it makes me think it'll be a lot like almost all of the weekly/monthly D+ free items: nicely created but nothing I'd ever use, after buying a bunch of other stuff I won't use to get it.

I mean really, if it's so great, why not tell us what we're working towards?

We could all be wrong. The reward could be fabulous. Past history is not a guarantee of future returns and all that. Even so, it's a gamble, and that's definitely a feature of the promo.

My problem is more immediate. There are items on sale today that I would like to buy. Unfortunately, the sale price isn't quite sweet enough to make the items a great buy. So, I'm stuck waiting. I say, it's Monday. End of month and Easter are both approaching. There will likely be flash sales and who knows what else. We'll see if I;m right. Meantime, I'm working with items I've already bought. So, it'll all be ok.

• benniewoodellbenniewoodell Posts: 1,950

If there's one thing I've learned the hard way over the last couple of years here at Daz, when it comes to surprise rewards for buying x, y, and z, only buy the items if they actually are something you want, don't buy anything in hopes of a good surprise because theres only been one time where I've been happy with the free surprise at the end. And that was the one time I only bought stuff I could use, which happened to be everything for that particular promotion and it was a pleasant surprise it worked out. But the times I did everything just for the freebie, or bought something like the season pass, I was so, so disappointed in what was "free". I'm going to pick up the character today because I genuinely could use her, but I'm not planning on getting everything this week just to take part and hope for the best come the end of the promotion, but I'll be happy to pick stuff up I can use.

I'm still waiting for them to take the season pass tag thing off my avatar here, I was so mad at that promotion I emailed customer service asking them to not advertise I bought into it and take it off my profile, they said they would and it's been, what, two or three years now? I'm still angry for buying that thing lol. 

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,776

its a toss up isn't it? Well, today is another G9Fem and there are already tons of them. Pass on this one. If I don't buy any, I'm sure the gifts, whatever, will be awesome. If I  buy them  what are the odds it will something I don;t need. Future discounting doesn;t seem to matter to me anymore, unless its free. 

• daveso said:

its a toss up isn't it? Well, today is another G9Fem and there are already tons of them. Pass on this one. If I don't buy any, I'm sure the gifts, whatever, will be awesome. If I  buy them  what are the odds it will something I don;t need. Future discounting doesn;t seem to matter to me anymore, unless its free. 

Yeah I wasn't really a fan of Carmel-but I'm playing the long game with the Easter Eggs.  She'll fall into my growing collection of sparingly-used Gen 9 females.  I'm making it a habit to not spend too much this week, but I would really love ANY kind of info on what this special promo/discount will be.

• DarkS474DarkS474 Posts: 151

Last year East eggs were free, weren't they ? Now no more then...

Still waiting to see if Interactive Licenses ever get discounted down to $5 like it happened many times in the past few years... but after this I wonder if there is still hope for huge discounts anymore on anything here at DAZ...

• joannajoanna Posts: 1,289

DarkS474 said:

Last year East eggs were free, weren't they ? Now no more then...

Yes, they were free, but you had to collect 4 parts, and throughout the event a lot of people complained that they didn't check the shop because of life, forgot to check out, contact support about it etc. I'm not surprised that this year they aren't free. Nobody's going to complain about paid easter eggs. (Well, aside the fact that they're paid, but that doesn't create customer support backlog.)

Still waiting to see if Interactive Licenses ever get discounted down to $5 like it happened many times in the past few years... but after this I wonder if there is still hope for huge discounts anymore on anything here at DAZ...

Yeah, I don't recall an interactive license sale in a while, but all in all, there still are some huge discounts. Just recently, for St. Patrick's Day, there were $50 of Daz Originals free for a buy-in of about $8. Some items in the current MM were 90% without tokens... From my perspective, good discounts still happen.

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,636

Hmpf, I just got a nice lightning deal on a bundle. The only problem is that I already own all the items from having bought the larger megabundle. 

the 4 hour flash sale for 20% off a few PAs has been there all day

• daveso said:

the 4 hour flash sale for 20% off a few PAs has been there all day

It's 3 days til payday & the flash sale has the Wise Wizard bundle I've had wishlisted. Oh well, I will shrug and then resume trying out the stuff I got free on St. Patrick's Day while I wait for the next time it's on deep discount. The story of my (Daz) life

I think today's easter egg item is remarkably similar to the item they showed yesterday. This one seems more toon-like and with less believable proportions. I didn't want the first one, and I don't want this one, either. So, still no easter egg surprise for me. How long does a token last? How many days? I might end up with some, if I actually buy the stuff in my cart.

• Torquinox said:

I think today's easter egg item is remarkably similar to the item they showed yesterday. This one seems more toon-like and with less believable proportions. I didn't want the first one, and I don't want this one, either. So, still no easter egg surprise for me. How long does a token last? How many days? I might end up with some, if I actually buy the stuff in my cart.

I thought the same exact thing.  They're from the same vendor and look a lot alike.  And I find you have to load the materials after loading the figure, which is pretty strange.  I'm banking on the Easter Egg surprise being worth it-please make the daily eggs actually desirable!

@OrangeFalcon I hope the reward is worth it! I'm still abstaining.

That said, I actually bought the stuff in my cart. Glad I did, too. I stayed up way too late trying stuff out. And I now have tokens! They're good 'til end of Sunday. Something tells me I'll have the chance to put them to good use. laugh

It seems the sales Monday and Tuesday were far better than the sales today. At least that's what the prices in my WL tell me. I suspect Daz store is resting up for the weekend.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,013

Torquinox said:

It seems the sales Monday and Tuesday were far better than the sales today. At least that's what the prices in my WL tell me. I suspect Daz store is resting up for the weekend.

I don't see a big change if any, G3/G8-era Daz+ items for under a dollar at 94%-96% off even without using tokens. Using 8 tokens gets them under 50 cents at 97%-98% off.
    WL doesn't show you stacking discounts, you must put the items in your cart.

PerttiA said:

Torquinox said:

I don't see a big change if any, G3/G8-era Daz+ items for under a dollar at 94%-96% off even without using tokens. Using 8 tokens gets them under 50 cents at 97%-98% off.
    WL doesn't show you stacking discounts, you must put the items in your cart.

No doubt, you're correct. You seem to have these things well-scouted. But I'm not fishing for those now. I'll probably see what I want closer to the weekend.

• joannajoanna Posts: 1,289

For people doing shopping today, since it's easy to miss: if you're getting both the Easter egg and a new release, you'll get extra 20% off for 3 items on your wishlist, so keep that in mind (item order) when building your cart.

• murgatroyd314murgatroyd314 Posts: 1,490

joanna said:

For people doing shopping today, since it's easy to miss: if you're getting both the Easter egg and a new release, you'll get extra 20% off for 3 items on your wishlist, so keep that in mind (item order) when building your cart.

I'm seeing inconsistencies in the fine print on this one. Is it an extra 20% off, or does it "not stack with other offers"? 

• murgatroyd314murgatroyd314 Posts: 1,490

murgatroyd314 said:

joanna said:

I'm seeing inconsistencies in the fine print on this one. Is it an extra 20% off, or does it "not stack with other offers"? 

And to answer my own question, it stacks. Not only am I getting the 20%, and 30% because the items are from Mad Artists and I have a Key Item, but there's another 30% discount I can't account for. 

Good to know. Perhaps it's a good day to get some bigger items

murgatroyd314 said:

murgatroyd314 said:

joanna said:

And to answer my own question, it stacks. Not only am I getting the 20%, and 30% because the items are from Mad Artists and I have a Key Item, but there's another 30% discount I can't account for. 

how much of a discount in percent are you getting on those Mad Artist items. I see 80% and I have the easter egg thing and a mad new release in cart. The wishlist items that come in at 60% off are now 72% off.  

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,932
    edited March 28

..well I got one egg (Wednesday's) and today it's back to G9 stuff again.

Not enough yeast, this promo is pretty flat

Post edited by kyoto kid on

I crunched it around and found that today is not a day when I want to buy anything. There are a handful of items I still really want (vs the 1200+ in my wl), and the numbers on those few are not wooing me. I still have 8 tokens from a couple days ago. We'll see what the weekend brings! The tokens will not go to waste.

I got no eggs. surprise

This discussion has been closed.