There's Always Another Sale Thread -- Discussions Only Pt 2

Comments

• PancakePancake Posts: 57

PerttiA said:

Also... Making the purchase after 6PM Daztime, extends the validity of earned tokens by one day (=5 days) 

Didn't know that one, thanks!

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,636

Rod Wise Driggo said:

I am so p*******, I can't tell.

Bought a $100 cart earlier today. That would have been $80 with the coupon just added.

And to compensate DAZ offers me 30% off if I spend even more...

- but only if I spend that money today

- and of course not on gift cards which would have been the only thing making sense

That is insulting beyond any believe!

What coupon??? The only ones I see exclude gift cards. 

• joannajoanna Posts: 1,289

Charlie Judge said:

Rod Wise Driggo said:

Bought a $100 cart earlier today. That would have been $80 with the coupon just added.

- and of course not on gift cards which would have been the only thing making sense

I think Rod is talking about cart, not card. 

joanna said:

Charlie Judge said:

Rod Wise Driggo said:

I think Rod is talking about cart, not card. 

yeh, thanks, I misread his post. 

• GoggerGogger Posts: 2,370

New 20% off coupon just dropped - see store banner.  MAN! I'm glad I didn't purchase Sophia 9 this morning!!!!

• doubledeviantdoubledeviant Posts: 1,114
    PerttiA said:

Pancake said:

Rod Wise Driggo said:

snip

General rule to follow is that 7am is when the new daily begins, and 7pm is when they're likely to make a change/additional/flash sale/etc.

I never buy first thing in the morning, always wait that extra 12 hours. Worth keeping in mind.

Also... Making the purchase after 6PM Daztime, extends the validity of earned tokens by one day (=5 days) 

Agreed in general, but:

1. It's rather ridiculous that customers should have to expect the price might drop later that same day, or in the next day or two.

2. Sometimes prices increase, so if you happen to have a great cart for the amount you're comfortable spending, sometimes it's best to "get while the getting is good" and not worry about price adjustments, promotions ending early, etc - and to avoid the hassle of remembering to checkout later (or else potentially losing the day's offers).
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,037

it works on DAZ+ too 

along being by today's PAs

I got a couple nice dearer DAZ+ things cheap

• Rod Wise DriggoRod Wise Driggo Posts: 2,182

Well, I put in a ticket and asked for a full refund. With the extra 20% off I might have even added some stuff from my wishlist.

Won't touch that shabby Early Bird "Reward".

• I'm divided on it myself.  I was able to utilize the 30% off another purchase today, as I got Sophia 9's bundle early.  It's ridiculous they add those extra promotions later and it decentivizes purchasing the new bundles/products when they are first released.

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,898

The HEAT plug-in seems to no longer count as Newly Mad, bummer. Most of what I've purchased so far has been Grab Bag items for $4. But I guess that's now mostly over for me, unless some crazy good item shows up that I'm willing to get for $6.

• theflarftheflarf Posts: 137

With the ways sales have been of late on the store (March madness or not).

Only 30% for year membership is not tempting enough of a discount to make it worthwhile

• franky85franky85 Posts: 132
    edited March 16

Wonderland said:

Sophia 9 looks pretty much the same as all the Daz originals. A 30-something average looking woman with the same skin tone and same average boring body. They should at least do a new Girl 9 or Aiko 9 or SOMETHING a little creative and different, The PA characters are always so much better than the Daz ones and priced much better. I have no interest in this bundle at all. 

Who is the character with this hair? This is a much more interesting character that would add a bit of something to the gene pool. I wish she was Sophia 9. 

it's not letting me upload an image. I was referring to the character here. The hair is cute too. https://www.daz3d.com/hs-riley-shades-hair-for-genesis-9-8-and-81-female

It's quite literally Mira 9 with either some of her young adult morph dialed in or some nose bridge slope tweaks, bigger breasts, Mira 9 makeup collection, FPE Monochrome & Colorful Tattoos mix, Nocturne Outfit + texture expansion, and Schoolgirl Sexy Lingerie outfit for Genesis 9 (rendo). I'm still trying to figure out her chin piercing - can't find a heart shaped one for the life of me.. maybe it's an earring that's been relocated. I think it's joelegecko who made that render.

Post edited by franky85 on
  • HylasHylas Posts: 4,898

Hylas said:

The HEAT plug-in seems to no longer count as Newly Mad, bummer. Most of what I've purchased so far has been Grab Bag items for $4. But I guess that's now mostly over for me, unless some crazy good item shows up that I'm willing to get for $6.

... and we're back. thx!

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,866

Did adeilsonjc ever get their optimisation issues sorted? That new jacket is tempting.

• JumbotronJumbotron Posts: 84

I would love more sorting options, like sorting by type of asset (props, environments, figures, shaders, etc.). And the possibility of sorting by the discount percentage... Well, that would be amazing, really. This last would greatly reduce the amount of time spent in browsing the catalog.

• TomhipTomhip Posts: 328

jumbotron.nkna said:

I would love more sorting options, like sorting by type of asset (props, environments, figures, shaders, etc.). And the possibility of sorting by the discount percentage... Well, that would be amazing, really. This last would greatly reduce the amount of time spent in browsing the catalog.

Discount percentage is avalible thorough Daz Deals addon.

I saw them doing better sorting for manual searches (Characters, Props, Enviorments, etc.), but sadly so far this feature is still missing when viewing filtered deal offers.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,037

I could buy the Thimor bundle for $20 in Lightning Deals, only problem is I already own more than half the individual items crying

guess I am to greedy to buy the rest at that price including Thimor himself 

• joannajoanna Posts: 1,289

WendyLuvsCatz said:

I could buy the Thimor bundle for $20 in Lightning Deals, only problem is I already own more than half the individual items crying

I can relate. Yesterday, I had the Pixie 9 bundle in LD for $14, and I could get it down to $~9 with other things in the cart, but out of the whole bundle, I'm only really interested in the character, so I gave it a pass too.

On the other hand, I would loooove Daz to finally run the "get the bundle for the price of items you don't own" again along with some other incentive discount. I'd probably spend more than usual to clear out those "almost complete bundles" and the starter bundles I own the pro bundles for.

• JumbotronJumbotron Posts: 84
    edited March 16

Tomhip said:

Discount percentage is avalible thorough Daz Deals addon.

I saw them doing better sorting for manual searches (Characters, Props, Enviorments, etc.), but sadly so far this feature is still missing when viewing filtered deal offers.

Yes. I should have specified that it's in the sales pages where sorting by the type of product is not available. As for the Daz Deals add-on feature you mention, I don't see that option and I have the add-on. I guess it is only there if you support the add-on by becoming a member and paying the monthly fee, right? I might consider that option. Thanks.

Post edited by Jumbotron on
  • ElorElor Posts: 1,098

WendyLuvsCatz said:

At least, not owning half the items is better than owning all the items but not the bundle, which happened at least two times: I bought the Victoria 9 Mega Bundle during her birthday sale, since then I had one of her medieval bundle as a LD crying (possibly costlier than the price I paid for the Mega Bundle).

The current sale is advetised as a "Weekend" sale but I wonder whether or not if there will be anything special for St. Patricks Day tomorrow.

• Charlie Judge said:

The current sale is advetised as a "Weekend" sale but I wonder whether or not if there will be anything special for St. Patricks Day tomorrow.

$50 worth of DO with POT-OF-GOLD voucher and a Newly or Still Mad item. Not too shabby!

• SilverGirlSilverGirl Posts: 722

ainm.sloinneadh said:

Charlie Judge said:

$50 worth of DO with POT-OF-GOLD voucher and a Newly or Still Mad item. Not too shabby!

I literally cheered. And it seems to be $50 worth of whatever the current discount price is, not $50 worth of list price.

• MimicMollyMimicMolly Posts: 2,145
    I'm trying to decide if I should buy one G9 Pro Bundle and another random bundle. Both would be roughly $1 USD extra each, with the coupon and the biplane. I think I should, in case the prices adjust later.
  • Singular3DSingular3D Posts: 523

Charlie Judge said:

I don't get it. Put a new item to the cart and added other items as advertised,the cart just says that the Code POT-OF-GOLD is not valid.
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,846

Singular3D said:

ainm.sloinneadh said:

Charlie Judge said:

I don't get it. Put a new item to the cart and added other items as advertised,the cart just says that the Code POT-OF-GOLD is not valid.

Not all items on the linked page are eligible. You can't add new or Daz+ items, even though they are on the linked page.

• SilverGirlSilverGirl Posts: 722

I put a triggering item in with the code, filtered my wishlist by DO, and have just been putting things in to see what works. It won't show in the pop-up cart, though, you have to click through to the full page one (or have it on a separate tab and just keep hitting refresh).

• chromchrom Posts: 254

POT-OF-GOLD doesn't work

I agree. Tried several items on linked page. Can't estimate , if / what would work. 

really bad work

• caravellecaravelle Posts: 2,418

SilverGirl said:

ainm.sloinneadh said:

I literally cheered. And it seems to be $50 worth of whatever the current discount price is, not $50 worth of list price.

Yes, that's really great. I was able to clear my wishlist of some nice things. I was a few cents over $50 with my selection, but the system generously accepted that. Thank you, Daz!

• Mira 9 pro bundle plus a couple cheap goodies all fit into that. I'm quite happy.

This discussion has been closed.