There's Always Another Sale Thread -- Discussions Only Pt 2

Comments

• TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 3,156
    edited March 21

As far as I can tell, every car in that new bundle should be editorial licensed. Skyline GTR, 80's Celica Supra, etc. Except for the VFX kit, nothing I'd buy there.

Post edited by Torquinox on
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,013

Today looks pretty good... Seven Newly Mad / Still Mad items at 77% to 89% off and 40 older items for 93% to 98% off => 47 items for $90.58 at 91% off (with 8 tokens)

• I was going to get the bundle and the inexpensive addons, but stopped when I saw the editorial licenses.  A shame-these cars look kind of cool.  I've already dropped enough money ever for editorial licenced assets for the Star Trek bundles, which I can't use outside of just making the renders on my computer.  ELs are terrible and I will not spend any more money on them.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,909

They have removed the EL on all the cars in the bundle. The only one that does have the EL now is the sci-fi-car

• NathNath Posts: 2,770

There are no download options for Z Villain and Victim Expressions for Genesis 9 | Daz 3D !

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,776

frank0314 said:

They have removed the EL on all the cars in the bundle. The only one that does have the EL now is the sci-fi-car

thats great, but now the price is higher. Can it be lowered to release pricing? 

• mverenmveren Posts: 0

Nath said:

There are no download options for Z Villain and Victim Expressions for Genesis 9 | Daz 3D 

I have the same issue - purchased the product, but it doesn't show up in Install Manager and a manual download also isn't available :(

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,311

mveren said:

Nath said:

There are no download options for Z Villain and Victim Expressions for Genesis 9 | Daz 3D 

I have the same issue - purchased the product, but it doesn't show up in Install Manager and a manual download also isn't available :(

We reported this yesterday, no response yet I am afraid.

edited March 22

Richard Haseltine said:

mveren said:

Nath said:

Well... anything that comes to mind would be moderated I suspect, so I'll not give my primary reaction... (thanks for reporting it though) 

Edit: the download is there now!

Post edited by Nath on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,311

Nath said:

Richard Haseltine said:

mveren said:

Nath said:

Well... anything that comes to mind would be moderated I suspect, so I'll not give my primary reaction... (thanks for reporting it though) 

Edit: the download is there now!

Thanks, I could see they had appeared on the product page and was coming to ask if they had also appeared for purchasers.

• doubledeviantdoubledeviant Posts: 1,114
    Does anyone remember how much Leather Romper Outfit G9 cost on release? Looking for something cheap but useful to round out a cart, but if it's much more expensive now ($3.90 after all discounts), I'll grab an older DO from the wishlist instead.
  • GordigGordig Posts: 9,884

doubledeviant said:

Does anyone remember how much Leather Romper Outfit G9 cost on release? Looking for something cheap but useful to round out a cart, but if it's much more expensive now ($3.90 after all discounts), I'll grab an older DO from the wishlist instead.

According to Daz Deals, it was $2.09.

• doubledeviantdoubledeviant Posts: 1,114
    Gordig said:

doubledeviant said:

snip

According to Daz Deals, it was $2.09.

Thanks! I'll round the cart out w/some Mousso characters I'd been putting off instead. Appreciated.
  • davesodaveso Posts: 6,776

whats with the ALL 2024 new releases back. is there a category for that, or what?

• joannajoanna Posts: 1,289

daveso said:

whats with the ALL 2024 new releases back. is there a category for that, or what?

From what I see, they're in the Still Mad section. Just hit the "shop all items" button. 

• JumbotronJumbotron Posts: 84

Today I'm setting a personal record. I'm spending more than ever since I became a customer of the store, thanks to the overall low prices, how the sale works and my collected tokens. I'm clearing a lot of pro bundles of genesis 8 figures and their HD add-ons that I had wishlisted. But that also means that I'll run out of store credit soon at this rate.

• "Yeaster year"? Seriously? I wonder what they thought would arise from that name...

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,932

...laugh

....and no beer or bakery releases in the store.

I'm a bit sour though that I missed the pun until it was pointed out.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,013

Daz Deals shows way lower prices for today than what is listed,..

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,037

Candida 9 should have been the Yeaster Egg

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,688

WendyLuvsCatz said:

laugh 

Kind of sad that we had free easter eggs last year, and this year are supposed to buy them. That's not the spirit, is it.  

tsroemi said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

laugh 

Kind of sad that we had free easter eggs last year, and this year are supposed to buy them. That's not the spirit, is it.  

Last year people complained a lot that they missed the eggs (mostly their own fault too from what I've seen) and contacted support about missing parts, etc., so I'm not surprised they didn't do the free route this year. Since eggs are paid, no one will complain if they miss one.

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 8,334

Nath said:

I'm a bit sour though that I missed the pun until it was pointed out.

Guess you'll just have to rise to the occasion ....

• Appreciate the Yeaster puns.

• joanna said:

tsroemi said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

laugh 

Last year people complained a lot that they missed the eggs (mostly their own fault too from what I've seen) and contacted support about missing parts, etc., so I'm not surprised they didn't do the free route this year. Since eggs are paid, no one will complain if they miss one.

What type of things did you get as Easter weekend rewards last year after collecting the Easter eggs? I'm more likely to buy things I'm on the fence about if I know the rewards might be decent :)
  • I didn't do the eggs last year (nothing I was interested in as it was mainly G9) and won't this year unless there are some props or multi  generation items I like. I do appreciate that this year the reward/s are scaled and not all or nothing. Last year IIRC, everything was part of something bigger so you probably couldn't use it if you missed an egg.

britscriptwriter said:

What type of things did you get as Easter weekend rewards last year after collecting the Easter eggs? I'm more likely to buy things I'm on the fence about if I know the rewards might be decent :)

Last year it was different. It ran longer and you collected 4 parts of a product (that weren't a product themselves) released daily to get the product—as far as I recall, there were shaders, hair, a dress, swimsuit, and a headdress. If you got all the products (so, collected 5 x 4 parts), you got a G9 female character. So you got a free item every 4 days, and if you collected all five—a sixth free item.

• joanna said:

britscriptwriter said:

Last year it was different. It ran longer and you collected 4 parts of a product (that weren't a product themselves) released daily to get the product—as far as I recall, there were shaders, hair, a dress, swimsuit, and a headdress. If you got all the products (so, collected 5 x 4 parts), you got a G9 female character. So you got a free item every 4 days, and if you collected all five—a sixth free item.

Oh wow ok, thanks for that. Sounds fun! Tbh on reflection I think the 'rewards' sound a bit too unknown for me to buy items I don't really need. They'd surely sell more easter eggs if they let us know what these amazing weekend rewards are beforehand. I'm not sufficiently enticed. If I miss out on something special this time around, there's always another sale :P
  • I agree, too, that it would be great if we had any idea of what the Easter Egg reward would be.  Let it be a silhouette of the product(s), or even better yet-a bundle.  The extra discounts should be multiplied based on how many eggs you have, and let it be a holiday themed bundle that is NOT sci-fi or have an editorial license(s).  I repeat-NOT sci-fi and no editorial license(s).

This discussion has been closed.