There's Always Another Sale Thread -- Discussions Only Pt 2

Comments

• theflarftheflarf Posts: 137

An unexpected but greatly apprciated offer today.

And fortunately an item that whilst I wouldn't have bought for the price it was going as a 'new' thing, but was more than worth it as the makeweight to enable the $50 picked up a bunch of things that i'd ummed over previously that became no brainers. 

Happy days

• SilverGirlSilverGirl Posts: 722

chrom said:

POT-OF-GOLD doesn't work

I agree. Tried several items on linked page. Can't estimate , if / what would work. 

really bad work

Looks like some folk over on the reporting thread are having the same problem and it's been brought to the attention of the appropriate people.

Works fine for me on all the (non D+) DO's on my wishlist that I tried, but I have no idea how that relates to what's on the linked page. When I click something and the available offerings are over 500ish, there's no way I'm scrolling through all that.

theflarf said:

An unexpected but greatly apprciated offer today.

And fortunately an item that whilst I wouldn't have bought for the price it was going as a 'new' thing, but was more than worth it as the makeweight to enable the $50 picked up a bunch of things that i'd ummed over previously that became no brainers. 

Happy days

Yeah, I'd wishlisted the Sublime & Grime makeup system for the grime part and had been debating on it since the grime seemed pretty limited compared to some of the other mess-it-up offerings, but when it gave me a whole cart for under $8 with tax (on a 30% off gift card), and knocked 11 other things off my wishlist that were either lower than recent best or within $1 higher... sold!

I am a very happy camper!

• PedroCPedroC Posts: 194

chrom said:

POT-OF-GOLD doesn't work

I agree. Tried several items on linked page. Can't estimate , if / what would work. 

really bad work

** Note below banner: Discount excludes New Releases, Daz+ Items, Licenses, Memberships, and Gift Cards.
    Cannot be used to discount items already owned.

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,688

Wow DAZ, thanks so much for the Pot of Gold voucher! Very nice surprise, very generous. Wishing everyone a happy St Paddy's Day!

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,898

ainm.sloinneadh said:

$50 worth of DO with POT-OF-GOLD voucher and a Newly or Still Mad item. Not too shabby!

I've been a bit grumbly lately, but this is great. No complaints! laugh

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,037

Oversized Props and Poses for Mister Bobble $6.75 (I don't own Mr Bobble BTW but am sure I can use the props)
    XI Troll Cave
    XI Abandoned Indian Temple
    XI Galleon Pirate Ship
    all free laugh

• Lost_UtopianLost_Utopian Posts: 107

frank0314 said:

Lost_Utopian said:

Is the token system working?

I have a cart of $57.56  I applied 8 tokens for 45% off and the price only dropped to $40 and change. My math says it should be $31.57 and that's with the tax added in, remove that and my cart should be 30$ and change.

Am I missing something here?

Without knowing what's in your cart here is how it applies.

"Extra Savings on Your Entire Cart with Daz Tokens
    You'll get 1 token for every $10 you spend in a single transaction!

Apply your tokens at checkout to get up to 30% extra off your entire cart or up to 45% extra off Daz Originals in your cart."

I dumped my entire cart that day and let my 8 tokens go down the drain. My purchases have since reflected my lack of tokens.

Now can you explain todays sale?

In the fine print it says "Discount excludes New Releases, Daz+ Items, Licenses, Memberships, and Gift Cards." Yet the first 1 1/2 pages of the page linked right at the bottom of the sale add, are filled with new and DAZ+ items. Why??? And no, I didn't back search the forum to see if this had been asked before as that would take time and that time is needed to figure out what is on sale and what is just there to fill the pages. yippie

But on a good note, I did manage to go back a few pages and find 50$ worth of nice items for free. So Thanks for that.

edited March 17

Lost_Utopian said:

Now can you explain todays sale?

In the fine print it says "Discount excludes New Releases, Daz+ Items, Licenses, Memberships, and Gift Cards." Yet the first 1 1/2 pages of the page linked right at the bottom of the sale add, are filled with new and DAZ+ items. Why??? And no, I didn't back search the forum to see if this had been asked before as that would take time and that time is needed to figure out what is on sale and what is just there to fill the pages. yippie

But on a good note, I did manage to go back a few pages and find 50$ worth of nice items for free. So Thanks for that.

It looks like a coding error/oversight where it linked to a page of all daz originals without the exceptions filtered out; it's been reported on the sale reporting thread.  

Post edited by SilverGirl on
  • britscriptwriterbritscriptwriter Posts: 57
    edited March 17

Thank you, DAZ! Now this $50 DO free spend is worthy of the title March Madness! Very happy today with my purchases! Hope everyone's having a fun time shopping smiley

Post edited by britscriptwriter on
  • NerevarineNerevarine Posts: 168

Woah! Pot of Gold is awesome! Couldn't decide if I should go for lots of cheaper things, or a handful of more expensive things. Wound up getting one of the Vicky bundles, a horse bundle, and an environment (and then noticed one of my wishlist items on the 4.99 sale, and THEN noticed the bundle for it was only 5 dollars more... so...). Too many goodies to play with now!

• MazhMazh Posts: 485
    edited March 17

weird - "pot of gold" works for my with a DO from my wishlist but not with a random non-new DO (as a non PC+ member)

edit: some random DO seem to work, others not (discounted or non- discounted)

Post edited by Mazh on
  • TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 3,156

Thanks for the Pot o' Gold laugh

• JumbotronJumbotron Posts: 84
    edited March 17

Good gift. Thanks. Managed to get a good number of items plus one of the two hairs bundled with Sophia 9 for only the price of the hair item. smiley

Post edited by Jumbotron on
  • davesodaveso Posts: 6,776

i knocked off 3 items from my WL but it stilll cost me $8 ... but that's $50 less than it would have. No complaints. 

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,776

What's interesting, to me at least, is the prices with the huge discounts, 80+%, are more in line to what I can afford to pay for content at this time. Its unfortunate that I cannot pay higher, at least for the creators of this fine 3D work, but reality is just that. Thank the graphics gods that there's always another sale. 

• GreybroGreybro Posts: 2,493
    edited March 17

POT-OF-GOLD not working for me either.

I am getting Coupon not valid and I definitely have required new or still new items in the cart so...something is definitely amiss.

Post edited by Greybro on
  • This promotion was a surprise to be sure, but a welcomed one.  I was able to get it to work-looks like as long as it isn't labeled as New, it will be discounted.  You can sort it by New Arrivals and then just scroll through the store after that disappears.  I've splurged a lot this month, but it was worth it.  I'm hoping for a fantasy themed character bundle to come out soon.  Give us some special effects!

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,312

Greybro said:

POT-OF-GOLD not working for me either.

I am getting Coupon not valid and I definitely have required new or still new items in the cart so...something is definitely amiss.

You are using it on non-new, non-Daz+ Daz Originals?

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,898

Nerevarine said:

Woah! Pot of Gold is awesome! Couldn't decide if I should go for lots of cheaper things, or a handful of more expensive things.

My dilemma as well, as the DO's I wanted the most were not discounted at all today. I could have gotten two, which would have been awesome as well. Instead I went for 9 items that were all a little older and not exactly must-have's but nice-to-have's.

I got 14 items from my WL plus my buy-in, all a bit older. It would have been 16, but I swapped some smaller items for a couple bigger pieces. In all, a wonderful gift!

• joannajoanna Posts: 1,289

I decided to go for a mix of new things I wanted and older things that were never picked because there was always something else. With a new mad in the cart, some DOs in the featured artists selection became even cheaper, so in the end I got: Mysterious Ice Crystals, XI Troll Cave, Streets of Mediterranian Redux, and Streets of Asia 4. And I threw in two more grab bags. (Too bad that yesterday's grab bags weren't included in "all grab bags return" selection; I'd have probably gotten a few more.)

Thank you DAZ Team for this generous gift!

• I just get  "Coupon code is not valid" with every combination. I've tried everything to get it to work.  Very frustrating. 

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,312

jezjones29_1c83d4ac73 said:

I just get  "Coupon code is not valid" with every combination. I've tried everything to get it to work.  Very frustrating. 

And you had a qualifying new item (to earn the coupon) and Daz Originals that were neither new nor + in the cart?

• GreybroGreybro Posts: 2,493

I literally cannot find a single DAZ product that doesn't show the + after I put it in the cart.

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,793

Greybro said:

I literally cannot find a single DAZ product that doesn't show the + after I put it in the cart.

You should see the + before you put it in your cart. Do you actually own every single DAZ Original in the store? Seems unlikely. 

edited March 17

Wonderland said:

Greybro said:

You should see the + before you put it in your cart. Do you actually own every single DAZ Original in the store? Seems unlikely. 

I'm thinking, Greybro maybe has "only show +" selected. I've done that sometimes.

Post edited by Torquinox on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,848

Greybro said:

I see 15236 Daz Originals in that linked product selection that are not New and not Daz+.

• beregarberegar Posts: 269

Huh. Weird. I received the St. Patricks coupon mail 23 hours ago but when I clicked the linkys it didn't say anything about coupon anywhere except like hour ago when I clicked the link from my phone. Now it's gone again from both phone and the shop though normally the store rolls over at 9 am my time so one hour from now (and it doesn't look like it has rolled over). Oh well.

• AlmightyQUESTAlmightyQUEST Posts: 1,998
    The store has rolled over, depending on where you are if you aren't affected by daylight savings time yet you are going to have the store change over at a different time than usual.
This discussion has been closed.