There's Always Another Sale Thread -- Discussions Only Pt 2

Comments

• Hello.  I purchased the Egyptian towers Easter egg item, but the coupon code EASTER-EGG does not work.  I only purchased the one Easter egg item.

i know DAZ3D is not obligated to provide discounts, but when it does go through the trouble to advertise and promote them, it would be nice if they ACTUALLY WORKED.

• winmathwinmath Posts: 136

The easter egg % discount on the gift card seems to be working without the coupon. I guess the coupon is only for the $ discount. This would make getting the other easter eggs worth it.

• GoggerGogger Posts: 2,370

So I put a couple new items in my cart, then added an Easter Egg discount eligible item and applied the coupon to verify it worked. As expected, that new item showed as $0.00.  I went through the pages adding items until they started costing so I knew when I hit my $40 worth.  THEN I applied 8 Tokens to my cart and those items that started costing went back down to $0.00 so I kept adding more items until they hit $40 again.  I wasn't expecting the TOKENS DISCOUNT to affect the $40 value - WOW!  I SERIOUSLY loaded up tonight!  Thanks DAZ!

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,315

Is there anyone with a failed coupon and only one egg who did not purchase the Egyptian Towers as their only egg?

• joannajoanna Posts: 1,289

Curious. I got 4 eggs in the previous days. Considering buying the 5th for better discounts. I know the coupon is one time only and I don't have to use it, but the cart discount is automatically applied, so I can't buy the egg without it. Will it still be there after I make the egg only purchase?

• edited March 31

yungturk39_f129fc2610 said:

Hello.  I purchased the Egyptian towers Easter egg item, but the coupon code EASTER-EGG does not work.  I only purchased the one Easter egg item.

i know DAZ3D is not obligated to provide discounts, but when it does go through the trouble to advertise and promote them, it would be nice if they ACTUALLY WORKED.

Sorry.  Coupon code "GOLDEN-EGG" does not work, either.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • winmathwinmath Posts: 136

joanna said:

Curious. I got 4 eggs in the previous days. Considering buying the 5th for better discounts. I know the coupon is one time only and I don't have to use it, but the cart discount is automatically applied, so I can't buy the egg without it. Will it still be there after I make the egg only purchase?

I think the % discount works multiple times but the coupon only works once. I bought a 10$ gift card with my 3-egg discount. Then used it to by the other two eggs. Then I used the discount to buy a gift card at 18% off. I have not used the coupon yet, I'm trying to prune my cart. 

• timetwisttimetwist Posts: 52

Richard Haseltine said:

Is there anyone with a failed coupon and only one egg who did not purchase the Egyptian Towers as their only egg?

I bought FH Sci-Fi Meeting Room as my only egg and the code does not work for me.  The day is about to roll over and it still doesn't work.  No response to a ticket I filed 14 hours ago.

• GOLDEN-EGG voucher not working - and I have all 5 eggs.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,013

johnbuckeridge said:

GOLDEN-EGG voucher not working - and I have all 5 eggs.

The voucher is only for the $40 worth of free DO items

What do you have in your cart? 

• lachilachi Posts: 80
    edited March 31

If I understand the easter egg rewards correctly I could buy all 5 eggs now (for $24.74) to get a discount of 18% for everything I'll by later today.

Then I could buy a $140 giftcard which would be reduced to $114.80. 

So in total I would spend 139.54 and get a $140 giftcard, and therefore the 5 easter eggs would be for free.  

Now with this $140 gift card I could buy assets for $80 (withholding DO assets) to get up to 8 tokens.

Finally I could activate those 8 tokens and the voucher and get many, many DO assets for free.
    (Because 8 tokens will reduce DO assets by 45% on top of the existing discounts and the $40 voucher applies to the final price.) 

Post edited by lachi on

lachi said:

If I understand the easter egg rewards correctly I could buy all 5 eggs now (for $24.74) to get a discount of 18% for everything I'll by later today.

Then I could buy a $140 giftcard which would be reduced to $114.80. 

So in total I would spend 139.54 and get a $140 giftcard, and therefore the 5 easter eggs would be for free.  

Now with this $140 gift card I could buy assets for $80 (withholding DO assets) to get up to 8 tokens.

Finally I could activate those 8 tokens and the voucher and get many, many DO assets for free.
    (Because 8 tokens will reduce DO assets by 45% on top of the existing discounts and the $40 voucher applies to the final price.) 

Right.

The issue with one Easter Egg was fixed a few hours ago, you should now be able to get the discount/freebies as expected. Note that the coupon is one-use only, it isn't refreshed for buying extra Easter egg items later

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 4,031

I hadn't seen the coupon yesterday, but I went to look at the DO offers and with one more of the eggs, I am picking up 4 DOs from the Tara 9 Pro Bundle and new items today. No issue with the coupon code. I tried it on a Gift Card (thanks for pointing that out btw). But I decided to wait for a regular discount offer for that.

Sometimes looking at sales offers when you just woke up, haven't had a full cup of coffee, and can't see the screen easily on the best of days is not the best way to shop online.

• colcurvecolcurve Posts: 150

The egg discount is for the next purchase after purchasingnthe eggs?

• timetwisttimetwist Posts: 52

Richard Haseltine said:

The issue with one Easter Egg was fixed a few hours ago, you should now be able to get the discount/freebies as expected. Note that the coupon is one-use only, it isn't refreshed for buying extra Easter egg items later

Thank you, Richard.  The code finally did work for me. 

colcurve said:

The egg discount is for the next purchase after purchasingnthe eggs?

The egg discounts lasts until the sale ends (I'm guessing tonight). As: it'll apply to more than one purchase. The coupon is one off, though. 

Yesterday, I bought the missing fifth egg with the 4-egg discount applied to it, and then put Tara 9 Pro Bundle in my cart. I do get 30% off DOs as the premium member, and I had 3 tokens as well, so with the egg discount, DO discount, 3 tokens, and the "golden egg" coupon for $40, it went down to under $4. (yes, if we factor in the price of the 5 eggs I got, it's a little more expensive than that, but still crazy low.)

I was happy to end my purchasing for Easter at that. Crazy good deal, and I wanted that bundle badly but waited for a good discount. It was already great with 4 eggs (around $27), but 5 eggs made it, well, a crazy good deal.

But, to my surprise, I got 5 tokens for the purchase, suggesting the coupon's reduction of $40 didn't affect the coupon count. So now I have 5 tokens, and the extra 18% from the eggs is still active. I suppose I might go shopping again after all...

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,013
    edited March 31

This weekend has really been what March Madness is about... Yesterday collected 45 free DO items and today I have 106 items in the cart for $70 at 96% off smiley
    (8 tokens is used)

Post edited by PerttiA on
  • PerttiA said:

johnbuckeridge said:

GOLDEN-EGG voucher not working - and I have all 5 eggs.

The voucher is only for the $40 worth of free DO items

What do you have in your cart? 

Approximately $40 of DO. 

• GOLDEN-EGG still not working....

johnbuckeridge said:

GOLDEN-EGG still not working....

You have Daz Oriignals in cart, you are enterting the code correctly, you purchased one or more easter eggs before this cart?

• Richard Haseltine said:

johnbuckeridge said:

You have Daz Oriignals in cart, you are enterting the code correctly, you purchased one or more easter eggs before this cart?

Bought all 5 Easter Eggs, 3 Daz Original products totalling about $56 dollars, plus other items.

johnbuckeridge said:

Richard Haseltine said:

johnbuckeridge said:

Bought all 5 Easter Eggs, 3 Daz Original products totalling about $56 dollars, plus other items.

You didn't use it yesterday?

• Richard Haseltine said:

johnbuckeridge said:

Richard Haseltine said:

johnbuckeridge said:

You didn't use it yesterday?

It was a different code yesterday - something like EASTER-EGG, maybe? 

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,309

No it was "GOLDEN-EGG" yesterday too - there's just the one coupon code for the weekend.

• MelanieL said:

No it was "GOLDEN-EGG" yesterday too - there's just the one coupon code for the weekend.

Ah, thank you Melanie - I misremembered, in that case.  Mystery solved!  smiley 

• TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 3,156

For clarity, if I have 5 easter eggs, I use the discount 18% off plus 8 tokens for an extra 45% off... If I add a newly mad item to the cart, do I get an extra 30% off on top of it all for DO mad artist items? Because if that's the case, might be wise to do it.

• SilverGirlSilverGirl Posts: 722

So out of curiosity, does anything interesting tend to happen in April? Or is June the next biggie?

johnbuckeridge said:

MelanieL said:

Ah, thank you Melanie - I misremembered, in that case.  Mystery solved!  smiley 

Some people did get confused and refer to it as EASTER-EGG here, though, so you may have seen that and had it stick in your memory.

This discussion has been closed.