There's Always Another Sale Thread -- Discussions Only Pt 2

Comments

• PerttiA said:

This weekend has really been what March Madness is about... Yesterday collected 45 free DO items and today I have 106 items in the cart for $70 at 96% off smiley
    (8 tokens is used)

Yup, had a huge cart yesterday. I seriously can't imagine that there's much in the way of legacy products left that I need ...

Off to test new stuff. I won't even mention how many new things are on my list to test.

• lachilachi Posts: 80

Torquinox said:

For clarity, if I have 5 easter eggs, I use the discount 18% off plus 8 tokens for an extra 45% off... If I add a newly mad item to the cart, do I get an extra 30% off on top of it all for DO mad artist items? Because if that's the case, might be wise to do it.

Yes, the $40 coupon code applies the the final price. Of course you have to pay for the newly mad item since it's not a DO item but you'll get more DO items for free.

• TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 3,156

lachi said:

Torquinox said:

For clarity, if I have 5 easter eggs, I use the discount 18% off plus 8 tokens for an extra 45% off... If I add a newly mad item to the cart, do I get an extra 30% off on top of it all for DO mad artist items? Because if that's the case, might be wise to do it.

Yes, the $40 coupon code applies the the final price. Of course you have to pay for the newly mad item since it's not a DO item but you'll get more DO items for free.

Thank you smiley

• murgatroyd314murgatroyd314 Posts: 1,490

SilverGirl said:

So out of curiosity, does anything interesting tend to happen in April? Or is June the next biggie?

There's usually a joke item released on April 1. The last few years, it's shown a ridiculous price on the store page, but been free in the cart. 

edited April 1

Easter Eggs. I did not install some of the egg items. Maybe some day? For folks who are interested in such things, I spent total $26.40 in store credit to get 57 items with a total msrp of $881.18. That's ~97% off and about 46 cents per item. That includes the 5 egg items bought today, a newly mad item, 10 tokens (got 8 from a Monday splurge on PA items, spent 2 on the egg items, got 2 from the egg items, put the remaining 8 in the Golden Eggs cart), and, of course, the Golden Egg promo.

Ok. That was insane! Thanks, Daz. Thanks, helpful folks here in the forum. heart

Post edited by Torquinox on
  • 3DmentiaNull3DmentiaNull Posts: 127

Hi, bought two eggs, spent a long time searching for Daz originals since I had the $10 present, but the GOLDEN-EGG code wasn't golden. broken heart Another sales ticket on the way. crying So sad. laugh / peace

• 3DmentiaNull3DmentiaNull Posts: 127

Update, I figured it out, the item I chose was listed in Daz originals, but is not a Daz original! So not so easy come, but easy go, I wont dispute it, it wouldn't be fair to the PA. angel/ peace

• johnbuckeridgejohnbuckeridge Posts: 273

Richard Haseltine said:

johnbuckeridge said:

MelanieL said:

No it was "GOLDEN-EGG" yesterday too - there's just the one coupon code for the weekend.

Ah, thank you Melanie - I misremembered, in that case.  Mystery solved!  smiley 

Some people did get confused and refer to it as EASTER-EGG here, though, so you may have seen that and had it stick in your memory.

Thank you, Richard, for sparing my blushes!  blush  Of course, a 62-year-old brain doesn't help, either! 

• johnbuckeridgejohnbuckeridge Posts: 273

3DmentiaNull said:

Update, I figured it out, the item I chose was listed in Daz originals, but is not a Daz original! So not so easy come, but easy go, I wont dispute it, it wouldn't be fair to the PA. angel/ peace

You're a good man, Charlie Brown.  smiley 

• beregarberegar Posts: 269

Hrm. I caved in and got some March Madness stuff but clearly I'm bad at this stacking discounts thing judging from how much some folks have gotten bang for their buck. I spent $67.99 including the $25 ($22.50) gift card I got at the beginning of March Madness and got (arguably) $363 worth stuff + the regular freebies.

The easter egg discount and coupon (2 items of which one I bought for 4,77) got me Serious Dungeon, Sci-fi Hanger A, Sci-Fi corridor, Fantasy Chamber Interior and Fantasy Room Interior for $14.40 but I think all items have sold for cheaper before, so maybe not the best deal. Especially if you count both easter eggs, so it's actually $23.6 spent on all seven items.

Earlier I splurged $10.07 on FG Mystic Alehouse which had just the regular 65% off which some minor discount added on top but hey, it's FG stuff which I like, so it's all good. Much better deal was $16.25 spent on the Church Bundle, FG Tavern and Egyptian Towers. Then there was the $10,13 I spent on the Egyptian Atrium, Lashes Utility and Jepe's Wonderplanz 3 but this was with the gift card.

I think the ones I'm most happy with is the $10.78 I spent on the Wise Wiz Bundle and the $3.99 I spent on the Hammerhead since a bit more was shaved off with the gift card discount.

Now I started April with a $50 gift card since the 6% discount from eggs seems to apply to it still so this month has so far cost me $47... seems like the April's Fool items count as new items for the $3.99 dealy but there isn't much there that I want.

• lachilachi Posts: 80

How do the tokens work during this madness?

If I remember correctly, I had 10 tokens and used 8 of them together with the golden-egg voucher to get free assets, the checkout price was 3.93 and the cart said "Earn This Order: +0".

Today I have 8 tokens, but where did they come from?

(Even the 10 tokens from yesterday were somewhat misterious because I only made payments of $24.74 and $82.19 and I always used all available tokens for these purchases.)

edited April 1

AFAIK, I had no tokens after my purchase. This morning I have 7. Thanks Daz!

edited April 1

beregar said:

Hrm. I caved in and got some March Madness stuff but clearly I'm bad at this stacking discounts thing judging from how much some folks have gotten bang for their buck.

Not necessarily. Depends what you bought, what you want, and most importantly what you can use! Newer stuff is more $$, older stuff and Daz+ items and bundles are generally a better deal. But older stuff is older, Daz+ requires a membership, and bundles only work out if you want the contents of the bundle. A lot of bundles, I only really want one or two items. So, the rest is kind of a waste. Yet, some bundles are great! It just depends. I suspect you did just fine! You probably know all that blush

A sweet lightning deal combined with other generous discounts convinced me to buy a bundle I would not have normally bought. March Madness has been mad for me, though I am sort of running low on items I especially want to buy. I guess that's a good thing. I should go back to cherry-picking. I added 4 pages to my library in the last week. surprise

So the whole selection of Newly Mad today was the freebies (they don;t count for discount) and a single 3-item bundle with the bundle items also listed as extra items? That's annoying. Oh well. Thanks Daz! I finally got to properly celebrate March Madness and it was glorious.

• So the free Newly Mad weren't triggering additional discounts and to Daz "fixes" the issue by adding a disclaimer that the  freebies don't trigger, instead of honoring the original promo wording. My interest in buying dropped to almost nothing with that fix. I had several things I was going to add to my cart if Daz had made the free Newly Mad work as triggers. Instead, the cart ended up being just the freebies I was most likely to use. Now that's a very successful sales tactic.

If the free items triggered the discount, there would have been a lot of grief from people who bought stuff over the weekend to sweeten their Golden Egg deals. THey still should have counted, I think. As it was, I bought the mini-bundle. It ended up $4 for me (or free depending on how I want to count the discounts and coupon). I'd have bought one more newly mad item to get one last deal because I still somehow magically have 6 tokens when I should only have 2. But there was no item to buy and I dumped the cart. So, perhaps 6 tokens and some future deal... Always another sale.

• SilverGirlSilverGirl Posts: 722

miladyderyni_173d399f47 said:

So the free Newly Mad weren't triggering additional discounts and to Daz "fixes" the issue by adding a disclaimer that the  freebies don't trigger, instead of honoring the original promo wording. My interest in buying dropped to almost nothing with that fix. I had several things I was going to add to my cart if Daz had made the free Newly Mad work as triggers. Instead, the cart ended up being just the freebies I was most likely to use. Now that's a very successful sales tactic.

Same. Why not put them in a separate section if they weren't supposed to count? Add that to the off-putting language Daz added to cover their rears ("free item does not qualify you for extra discounts" -- when was the last time you saw the fine print address "you" specifically instead of "free items do not trigger discounts" or some such? It read as snitty to me)... nope. 

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,793

SilverGirl said:

miladyderyni_173d399f47 said:

So the free Newly Mad weren't triggering additional discounts and to Daz "fixes" the issue by adding a disclaimer that the  freebies don't trigger, instead of honoring the original promo wording. My interest in buying dropped to almost nothing with that fix. I had several things I was going to add to my cart if Daz had made the free Newly Mad work as triggers. Instead, the cart ended up being just the freebies I was most likely to use. Now that's a very successful sales tactic.

Same. Why not put them in a separate section if they weren't supposed to count? Add that to the off-putting language Daz added to cover their rears ("free item does not qualify you for extra discounts" -- when was the last time you saw the fine print address "you" specifically instead of "free items do not trigger discounts" or some such? It read as snitty to me)... nope. 

That just sounds like badly written marketing copy to me. I often wonder if Daz should re-evaluate the employees who do their marketing promos. 

• SilverGirlSilverGirl Posts: 722

Wonderland said:

SilverGirl said:

That just sounds like badly written marketing copy to me. I often wonder if Daz should re-evaluate the employees who do their marketing promos. 

It might be badly written marketing copy, but all the *other* fine print manages to avoid direct language, so whomever writes it knows how and chose not to this time. Tone (and consistency) is important, and whatever's on the company website reflects on the company.

(Full disclaimer: I've done technical and promotional writing as part of corporate jobs, so lack of quality & professionalism is very "nails on a chalkboard" for me.)

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,013

Ok, it's cold turkey time... sad

Product Library got seven pages bigger during Easter blush

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 8,334

PerttiA said:

Maybe do a few renders ?!!

PerttiA said:

At least until the next really good sale wink

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,776

regular pricing a kick in the teeth after a sale. Good thing is, there's always another sale. 

• PerttiA said:

Yeah. I bought a lot, too. 

• theflarftheflarf Posts: 137

Well the madness sale is over, in terms of getting me to re-sub to Daz+ it would be considered a failure.

Picked up the odd thing when a lightning sale aligned. 

But overall, my wallet remained safe so I guess that's not too bad ha 

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,636
    edited April 2

daveso said:

regular pricing a kick in the teeth after a sale. Good thing is, there's always another sale. 

Yeh, I'm a bit surprised that there hasn't been a flash sale today to let us down gently; so my wallet is safe for today. Anyway, after the Easter sale I have more tokens than I will ever use.

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
  • RasberriRasberri Posts: 298
    edited April 2

paulawp (marahzen) said:

PerttiA said:

Yeah. I bought a lot, too. 

I can relate.. 15 pages here since the animation plugin..it just seemed like every other day something on my list popped up on sale...surprise  The star trek stuff blew me away.. and I thought Easter was outstanding this year! Collecting the art is part of the fun for me.. but I guess I kinda feel like you do whenever you go back for seconds on Thanksgiving and sit back into the lounge chair with a tummy food baby....like that was a lot..cheeky but it was so fun and goodblush  is there such a thing as a DAZ hangover? blush

Post edited by Rasberri on
  • SilverGirl said:

Wonderland said:

SilverGirl said:

It might be badly written marketing copy, but all the *other* fine print manages to avoid direct language, so whomever writes it knows how and chose not to this time. Tone (and consistency) is important, and whatever's on the company website reflects on the company.

(Full disclaimer: I've done technical and promotional writing as part of corporate jobs, so lack of quality & professionalism is very "nails on a chalkboard" for me.)

It annoys me no end because I do copy editing and proofreading, for several fields. 

• doubledeviantdoubledeviant Posts: 1,114
    Some of the discounts today would be nice if they weren't tied to purchasing a specific new release. It's not a Daz Original being promoted, and two of the other releases are actually more expensive - why not at least give a choice between the three to activate the offers?
This discussion has been closed.