There's Always Another Sale Thread -- Discussions Only Pt 2

Comments

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,013

columbine said:

Robert Freise said:

daveso said:

$122 for the pro bundle? not happening. How low has anyone gotten it for - without coupons as I have none. 

I got it down to $33.69 with some items from the Featured Artist Stores.

Total cart was $39.83

One of the things about recent exorbitant pricing is that the initial prices piss me off so much that I am not inclined to go hunt for bargains; I just walk away from the site and compose hatemail to Daz in my head. Today I didn't even bother to go see whether there were some cheap items in the featured artist stores I could combine with one of the overpriced new releases to get everything down to what I consider a sane level. So thanks, Robert, for reminding me of that.

With three "flashback" items in the cart (I love the "flashback" and "legacy" categories because they tend to contain stuff I actually use at price points I'll actually pay), the cost of the Hanako starter bundle in cart (which happens to, for once, be all the parts I actually want and none of the stuff I don't) falls to $34.30 ... which is still not fabulous, but it's worlds better than the $68.59 it currently shows on page. I'll throw six tokens at my cart and see what happens.

Mind you, I still think this is appalling practice: Price your new items so high that people have to buy more stuff in order to get those prices down to what they should have been in the first place.

Two 'Jungle' New Releases in the cart will give additional 10% off the whole cart.

• Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,390

Yeah the prices are getting to a point that I may have to stop buying for the most part.

It doesn't help that in some cases there have been quality issues and that very few items have F/x morphs anymore

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,776

Robert Freise said:

daveso said:

$122 for the pro bundle? not happening. How low has anyone gotten it for - without coupons as I have none. 

Total cart was $39.83

for the Pro bundle? I haven't broken 100 

• columbinecolumbine Posts: 387

PerttiA said:

Two 'Jungle' New Releases in the cart will give additional 10% off the whole cart.

Yeah ... there isn't anything else in new releases I want, but thanks.

The thing is, I feel like it would be better policy to just make everything a lot cheaper and not force people to rely on their bargain-hunting skills to get reasonable prices. When I go into a marketplace and I see "wow, those prices are utterly unreasonable" and someone whispers in my ear "nobody really pays those prices, only the people who don't know any better," that makes me even MORE inclined to just walk away and not come back. I don't like that game.

PerttiA said:

columbine said:

Robert Freise said:

daveso said:

Total cart was $39.83

One of the things about recent exorbitant pricing is that the initial prices piss me off so much that I am not inclined to go hunt for bargains; I just walk away from the site and compose hatemail to Daz in my head. Today I didn't even bother to go see whether there were some cheap items in the featured artist stores I could combine with one of the overpriced new releases to get everything down to what I consider a sane level. So thanks, Robert, for reminding me of that.

With three "flashback" items in the cart (I love the "flashback" and "legacy" categories because they tend to contain stuff I actually use at price points I'll actually pay), the cost of the Hanako starter bundle in cart (which happens to, for once, be all the parts I actually want and none of the stuff I don't) falls to $34.30 ... which is still not fabulous, but it's worlds better than the $68.59 it currently shows on page. I'll throw six tokens at my cart and see what happens.

Mind you, I still think this is appalling practice: Price your new items so high that people have to buy more stuff in order to get those prices down to what they should have been in the first place.

but the jungle releases are $15 each, other than 1 thats 10 ... I'm seeing diminishing return here. If my cart is currently 38, and I buy 30 more...thats 68 and get 10% off, I'm at  61.20 ... i've lost 23.20. Yeah, you have to be spending a lot more than I'm going to do to take advantage of most of these sales anymore. The bundles are ridiculous priced, as is most of the items in the store. It would have been OK if DAZ didn;t raise the prices on the entire store, but no.  

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,636

daveso said:

Robert Freise said:

daveso said:

Total cart was $39.83

Try adding two of the cheapest Featured Artist items to bring it down to $61.25. Then with 8 tokens it goes down to $33.69.

• Rod Wise DriggoRod Wise Driggo Posts: 2,182

I need a 20% off cart or 30% off 3 wishlisted products to get that Stonemason, GHJellyfish & the Pro Bundle ;-)

• doubledeviantdoubledeviant Posts: 1,114
    edited April 4
    daveso said:

Robert Freise said:

daveso said:

Total cart was $39.83

Attached is what I'm seeing with 8 tokens applied. $33.69 for the bundle, $2.29 for the Ranja textures, $1.08 for Oh My Stars! (I like Star! so it's a good choice for me - substitute another FA item if you'd prefer or if you already have this one).
    Hanako_cart.png
    1080 x 2400 - 493K
    Post edited by doubledeviant on

Charlie Judge said:

daveso said:

Robert Freise said:

daveso said:

Total cart was $39.83

Try adding two of the cheapest Featured Artist items to bring it down to $61.25. Then with 8 tokens it goes down to $33.69.

aha.. i can get it to $55 but I haver no tokens. thats about 25-30 higher than I will pay anyway.  

• TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 3,156

I believe that if a deal requires too much mental gymnastics, it's probably not the deal you're looking for. The stars have to align and You know it's the good deal. Then you do it, if you can. Cause if you don't, you might feel annoyed that you missed it. 

• TomhipTomhip Posts: 328

daveso said:

aha.. i can get it to $55 but I haver no tokens. thats about 25-30 higher than I will pay anyway.  

No tokens here either....  sad times.

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,793

I got the starter bundle down to $18 and change with featured artist items in my cart and 8 tokens. It lbrings Daz Os in the featured artist section down to 90% off too.

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,689

Sorry, have to do a quick rant here: Can't believe that there're AGAIN DAZ+ items included directly on the promo page but not giving the promised discounts. This is so, so maddening! angry How hard can it really be? Either don't put them there or properly include them, for F's sake!

• That's what I said. Then I emptied my cart.

I think my tokens will expire. I guess that's ok. indecision

the buyin today to get the 3.99 products is pretty steep, in my opinion. OK, I won't buy them. A premptive statement because someone is going to tell me I dont need to buy them. 

daveso said:

the buyin today to get the 3.99 products is pretty steep, in my opinion. OK, I won't buy them. A premptive statement because someone is going to tell me I dont need to buy them. 

Yes. Ok. I won't either. No one has to tell you. You already knew that. laugh

Torquinox said:

daveso said:

i tell my son about all the crazy that goes on here with this store, etc, and he asked me why I haven't left this place a long time ago. I told him of having so much invested. He goes, its in the past. Move on. Yeah ...  

• daveso said:

Torquinox said:

daveso said:

i tell my son about all the crazy that goes on here with this store, etc, and he asked me why I haven't left this place a long time ago. I told him of having so much invested. He goes, its in the past. Move on. Yeah ...  

I figure, do you like using the product? If so, then keep using it. Do you like - or at least find value in - hanging out with the forum regulars? If so, then do. I am irked more than I say about these BS ads that are, week by week, making it almost impossible to navigate the site even on a desktop computer with a huge monitor (used for production page design). But gawd help me, I like hanging around here, so I put up with it. For now.

There's a lot of garbage going on in the tech sphere in general, sucking the joy out of everything.  

paulawp (marahzen) said:

daveso said:

Torquinox said:

daveso said:

I figure, do you like using the product? If so, then keep using it. Do you like - or at least find value in - hanging out with the forum regulars? If so, then do. I am irked more than I say about these BS ads that are, week by week, making it almost impossible to navigate the site even on a desktop computer with a huge monitor (used for production page design). But gawd help me, I like hanging around here, so I put up with it. For now.

There's a lot of garbage going on in the tech sphere in general, sucking the joy out of everything.  

I fully agree on the tech suckiness happening. The internet is just one huge marketing empire. Can't even do a search for infomation anymore without having to go through piles of ads and garbage. It used to be a lot of fun.  

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,916

Sigh... Today's promo page and email should really have been title "Empty Promises" instead of "We Aim To Please"  The email states that buying the two PC+ items in todays "Spring Releases" will give 30% off on new releases.  Instead, they appear to only give a discount on each other.  Meanwhile, the Promo Page states that buying any of today's new "spring releases" will activate the $3.99 pricing on the grab bag offers.  However, neither of the two aforementioned PC+ items will activate that price, even though both are clearly included in the "spring releases" category. Having one promo offer not working as advertised is bad, having two not working ought to be embarassing...  

paulawp (marahzen) said:

I do for both, even with some elements I won't mention. Thus I remain. You need an adblocker! Even FF browser by itself kills the bulk of ads on mobile. So that's what I recommend. Desktop is same with 3rd party plugins to grant even more defensive capabilities.

Seems that way, but there is still some joy to be found.

daveso said:

The store is a bit crazy, yes. That's a feature, not a bug. Though I have to admit, I've got some amazing bargains thanks to the occasional store bug.

• Rod Wise DriggoRod Wise Driggo Posts: 2,182

Boy, I was waiting for a wishlist sale to maybe get some products released this week. No it's here but it's also super-lame:

- Does not work with new releases it seems although not stated nowhere
    - Does not stack with tokens
    - Does not stack with other promos (like 10% off cart from Tuesday)

We had better discounts on all stuff for a month. Why should anyone bother. 

• Hurdy3DHurdy3D Posts: 1,041

Rod Wise Driggo said:

Boy, I was waiting for a wishlist sale to maybe get some products released this week. No it's here but it's also super-lame:

Yeah, that it does not stack with tokens saved me just a few bucks wink

• Boy, I was waiting for a wishlist sale to maybe get some products released this week. No it's here but it's also super-lame:

Yeah, and because of those things it's yet another day where Daz has missed out on a bunch of cash from a lot of people.
  • tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,689

britscriptwriter said:

Rod Wise Driggo said:

Yeah, and because of those things it's yet another day where Daz has missed out on a bunch of cash from a lot of people.

Also it seems one cannot use DAZ+ coupons on the discounted items, although, once again, a coupon is not an 'offer'. Sigh ... 

• mnpalamnpala Posts: 56

Hurdy3D said:

Rod Wise Driggo said:

Yeah, that it does not stack with tokens saved me just a few bucks wink

There seems to be something wrong with the tokens as they're not discounting a non-wishlist item by the amount corresponding to what I should get. 

• caravellecaravelle Posts: 2,418
    edited April 6

The Wishlist sale worked very well, and I'm not complaining about the double amount of tokens... devil I finally got esha's watch and bracelet bundle, and at a price that almost puts me to shame - considering everything this bundle has to offer (I paid 15 doubloons). Simply great.

Post edited by caravelle on

WL sale appears to be straight 70% off full price with $5+ buy-in. It can't be big sale all year long. Gotta have these little ones to better appreciate the big ones. 

This discussion has been closed.