There's Always Another Sale Thread -- Discussions Only Pt 2

Comments

• theflarftheflarf Posts: 137

As a non Daz+ it''s a much higher bar to meet the buy-in there's 3 products just under $10, and basically everything under $12 is pretty much a texture set.

Suddenly becomes a lot harder to justify, and basically means I don't even bother putting stuff in the cart. 

• joannajoanna Posts: 1,289

My thought about today's sale is: "If only the wishlist sale stacked with anything, even just Daz+ coupons and tokens..."

I have 2 wishlist items in my cart that are at 50% alone. Adding a cheap new release (Daz+, so $4.99) brings them down to 70%, but well, with the price of the new release all I'm saving is a couple of dollars, so I don't even feel like adding 3 more items. If I could use any of my coupons (tokens expired yesterday, but that's on me, so it would be nice if they applied for others), I'd be probably checking out right now. But since the wishlist discount doesn't stack, I'll probably dump the cart and wait for something better.

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,776

the non-stacking is troubling to me, especially when the DAZ+ coupons dont work either. I never have tokens, but that's not right either. 

• TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 3,156
    edited April 6

I'm giving it a pass. angel My tokens expired anyway and it's still early April. Coupon can wait.

Post edited by Torquinox on
  • TesseractSpaceTesseractSpace Posts: 1,213

Had six tokens and getting my daz original wishlist items was cheaper using the tokens than the wishlist sale

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,636

daveso said:

the non-stacking is troubling to me, especially when the DAZ+ coupons dont work either. I never have tokens, but that's not right either. 

Because it doesn't include new items and is non-stacking the wislist sale is useless to me. All the non-new wishlist items that I have are already on sale and with 8 tokens I could get them at a greater discount if they weren't in my wishlist.. The price of my eligible items actually increases when I include a new release in my cart. So, Daz loses out on a sale to me and I save some money for another day. 

• New items, mostly G9, I have no interest in, to trigger G3 discounts. If this is some silly marketing plot to convince me to buy in to G9, it's not working - and wouldn't work if it was G8 on discount. Just like yesterday's (still available) wishlist promo didn't work.

• TesseractSpaceTesseractSpace Posts: 1,213

miladyderyni_173d399f47 said:

New items, mostly G9, I have no interest in, to trigger G3 discounts. If this is some silly marketing plot to convince me to buy in to G9, it's not working - and wouldn't work if it was G8 on discount. Just like yesterday's (still available) wishlist promo didn't work.

Meanwhile I find it underwhelming because I have little interest in G3 products or most g8 now.

• I have a bunch of tokens dying at midnight ... what to do?

• So many posts here & in other threads about token issues. Tokens not working on X deal, tokens expiring early, checkout software taking tokens that expire later before tokens that are nearer expiration, & how easy it is to spend tokens accidentally.

They all confirm my decision, made when tokens were first announced, to not worry about them. If I got an additional 5-10% discount once in a while, that was cool, but otherwise I would just ignore the things.

• JumbotronJumbotron Posts: 84

paulawp (marahzen) said:

I have a bunch of tokens dying at midnight ... what to do?

I had 52 of them (no kidding), if my memory serves me well, expiring not long ago. It's the consequence of one day of absolute crazy spending during March Madness together with lacking experience as a customer of the store. If only we had the option to gift them when we are certain we aren't going to use them for whatever reason(s).

• Well, there's nothing wrong with my tokens - I waited several days, hoping for the right new stuff and/or promotion to use them, but things just didn't come together. I'll probably make a small token purchase before midnight so at least 8 of them don't die in vain.

• Cam FoxCam Fox Posts: 31

paulawp (marahzen) said:

Well, there's nothing wrong with my tokens - I waited several days, hoping for the right new stuff and/or promotion to use them, but things just didn't come together. I'll probably make a small token purchase before midnight so at least 8 of them don't die in vain.

That's how they're designed to work. The pressure of a timer running out triggers a sale, or not wanting to waste them triggers a sale. Tokens or not, what ultimately matters is whether the cart price is agreeable for things you will use - if so go for it, if not there'll always be another sale.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,851

Watch out for the Fabiana products added to the store. At least some of them are/were for sale at Renderosity. I already own several, but the Daz Store does nto recognize that I own those products. I don't know if they are identical between the two stores, but I recognize the names and promo images as something i already own.

• nemesis10nemesis10 Posts: 3,378

barbult said:

Watch out for the Fabiana products added to the store. At least some of them are/were for sale at Renderosity. I already own several, but the Daz Store does nto recognize that I own those products. I don't know if they are identical between the two stores, but I recognize the names and promo images as something i already own.

I gather that they were the products that were in Renderosity.  Normally, stores don't recognize purchases from other stores i.e.  Macys doesn't recognize your Amazon purchase so this is a normal behavior.  Nonetheless, the products appears identical of uyou go to the readmes.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,851
    Yes, I didn't expect Daz to recognize Renderosity purchases. I just meant to point out that if you don't remember what you've purchased elsewhere, you might accidentally purchase the same thing again, because it won't show as purchased in this store.
  • HylasHylas Posts: 4,898

So... where are those $1 items? I'm confusion.

• caravellecaravelle Posts: 2,418

barbult said:

Right, to be on the safe side I also checked which Fabiana products I had already bought from Renderosity. Quite a large quantity; you can easily make a mistake laugh

• lachilachi Posts: 80

Hylas said:

I also would like to know where those $1 Gateway Deals are.

I tried both links and put some assets in the cart and tried the coupon code but it always says: Coupon code is not valid

Sometimes I wonder if they do the promos as confusing as possible to keep us on those pages longer. Like the advertisement teams gets paid not for purchases but for items put in the cart.

• britscriptwriterbritscriptwriter Posts: 57
    edited April 8

lachi said:

Hylas said:

I tried both links and put some assets in the cart and tried the coupon code but it always says: Coupon code is not valid

Sometimes I wonder if they do the promos as confusing as possible to keep us on those pages longer. Like the advertisement teams gets paid not for purchases but for items put in the cart.

I've tried to apply Vulcan logic to the Daz store lately, without any success. I just feel like there's been staffing changes and the new people aren't as good as whoever we had before. It's really gone downhill in terms of tempting me to buy in between the big sales. I'd usually buy things at least every other day, and now it's just been frustration after frustration. From my observations, Daz has been missing out on a lot of money from a lot of people, day after day. With today's frustration as a great example, they seem to easily tie themselves in knots. It gives the appearance of a great day for deals, but then they trip people up with links to nowhere, etc. They need to go back to basics and the tactics that made me buy a lot more often. I mean, Daz is addictive and most of us WANT to spend money every day. The saddest thing is, since I got into Daz, the excitement of a new day, new releases, etc, has actually given me a reason to wake up early every day. But that excitement has gone lately, and I'm not spending anything in between the big sales. And it's definitely not me screwing up this buyer/seller dynamic. There's also something about unlocking a gift card discount today, and the thing is, I don't want to buy another gift card. I'm struggling to spend the store credit I already have (only buying things at a reasonable price). For me to not want to buy another gift card on a discount - something is definitely wrong with their sales strategy! But on the plus side, if this continues, my Daz addiction will definitely be kicked and I can spend my money elsewhere. And I'm sorry for the rant but it's really been bothering me :(

Post edited by britscriptwriter on
  • benniewoodellbenniewoodell Posts: 1,950

britscriptwriter said:

lachi said:

Hylas said:

The saddest thing is, since I got into Daz, the excitement of a new day, new releases, etc, has actually given me a reason to wake up early every day. But that excitement has gone lately, and I'm not spending anything in between the big sales. 

For years, I'd stay up until 1am (midnight Daz time) just to see what the new items were every night and what sales there'd be because it really was exciting. But the past few months, I've been going to lay down at 11:30, 12 o'clock and just watch Family Guy or something until I fall asleep and not even think about checking the store. When I get up in the morning I go and see what was released and all, but I agree that that excitement has gone and a lot has to do with these heavily worded and confusing sales pages. And today's sale, I looked at the chart thing with all the colored checkmark things and was like nope, I'm not even going to try and decipher this, it's too early in the morning. 

• britscriptwriter said:

lachi said:

Hylas said:

I've tried to apply Vulcan logic to the Daz store lately, without any success. I just feel like there's been staffing changes and the new people aren't as good as whoever we had before. It's really gone downhill in terms of tempting me to buy in between the big sales. I'd usually buy things at least every other day, and now it's just been frustration after frustration. From my observations, Daz has been missing out on a lot of money from a lot of people, day after day. With today's frustration as a great example, they seem to easily tie themselves in knots. It gives the appearance of a great day for deals, but then they trip people up with links to nowhere, etc. They need to go back to basics and the tactics that made me buy a lot more often. I mean, Daz is addictive and most of us WANT to spend money every day. The saddest thing is, since I got into Daz, the excitement of a new day, new releases, etc, has actually given me a reason to wake up early every day. But that excitement has gone lately, and I'm not spending anything in between the big sales. And it's definitely not me screwing up this buyer/seller dynamic. There's also something about unlocking a gift card discount today, and the thing is, I don't want to buy another gift card. I'm struggling to spend the store credit I already have (only buying things at a reasonable price). For me to not want to buy another gift card on a discount - something is definitely wrong with their sales strategy! But on the plus side, if this continues, my Daz addiction will definitely be kicked and I can spend my money elsewhere. And I'm sorry for the rant but it's really been bothering me :(

I used to do the Times Crossword every morning to wake my brain up, now I try to decypher Daz SalesSpeak.

SalesSpeak is an interesting adaption of english, a naturally ambiguous language. The Daz Marketing Team had reached a level of finesse that provided minutes of pleasure as I decoded their real message; however, as you say, it appears that their new practitioners have yet to achieve an adequate meaure of proficiency and coupled with their perchant for omitting key elements and overcomplicating the clues they are forgetting to deliver their promise.

Consequently, as you are, I am disinclined to accept such paltry rewards as those on offer.

• James_HJames_H Posts: 1,020

I too am completely defeated by $1 Gateway Deals. I can't even get annoyed by it. Just something to ignore.

• VenomisbeautyVenomisbeauty Posts: 106

Today's news: some "other" sites, completely ignoring G9 or so, are losing exclusive of their top sellers. Happy about it.

• Triggers are things of no use to me &/or not at a good price, coupons not working, bad links...another day at Daz where I am not buying.

• JumbotronJumbotron Posts: 84
    edited April 8

Used the coupon today to get me much needed store credit. As the buy-ins, I picked Fabiana's Simplicity Ear Chains and Piercings for Genesis 8 and 8.1 Females and Castle Watchtowers 1, one of the cheapest (at the moment) still new releases.

Post edited by Jumbotron on
  • FabianaFabiana Posts: 150
    edited April 8

caravelle said:

barbult said:

Right, to be on the safe side I also checked which Fabiana products I had already bought from Renderosity. Quite a large quantity; you can easily make a mistake laugh

Hello everyone!

The products released here today are the same,no changes made,so if you already have them, you´re on ther newest file and safe.

For the future, if any changes are made, I will make sure that it is clear so nobody can confuse :D

Kind regards! 

Post edited by Fabiana on
  • SilverGirlSilverGirl Posts: 723

Fabiana said:

Hello everyone!

The products released here today are the same,no changes made,so if you already have them, you´re on ther newest file and safe.

For thefuture, ifany changesare made, I will make sure that it is clear so nobody can confuse :D

Kind regards! 

Your art is beautiful! I haven't really gotten to the other sites yet (still new to 3D art and I have my hands full figuring out this one) but I tell you, I literally did a fist-pump in the air when I saw that round Celtic knot necklace... I've seen it on several promo images for characters but could never figure out where it came from. Your blankets and the shaders are awesome, too. I can't wait to include them in my renders. <3

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,316

The correct link for the $1 items is now up, sorry it took so long to resolve https://www.daz3d.com/gateway-dollar-deals

• theflarftheflarf Posts: 137

It's a shame it's limited to 1 single item. 

$1 sounds great, until you realise that with a buy in it's $13.50 which is much harder to justify when it's for something I don't particularly need.

Whereas if it was up to 5 products, it'd be easier to justify in my head $17.50 spread across a bunch of things, than $13.50 for one set

This discussion has been closed.