There's Always Another Sale Thread -- Discussions Only Pt 2

Comments

• FabianaFabiana Posts: 150

SilverGirl said:

Fabiana said:

Hello everyone!

The products released here today are the same,no changes made,so if you already have them, you´re on ther newest file and safe.

For thefuture, ifany changesare made, I will make sure that it is clear so nobody can confuse :D

Kind regards! 

Your art is beautiful! I haven't really gotten to the other sites yet (still new to 3D art and I have my hands full figuring out this one) but I tell you, I literally did a fist-pump in the air when I saw that round Celtic knot necklace... I've seen it on several promo images for characters but could never figure out where it came from. Your blankets and the shaders are awesome, too. I can't wait to include them in my renders. <3

HA! I can imagine the pose and the smile! So glad to know you found what you was wishing to have! There is more to come in the new future, so stay tuned!

Thank you for the support :D

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,851

Fabiana said:

caravelle said:

barbult said:

Watch out for the Fabiana products added to the store. At least some of them are/were for sale at Renderosity. I already own several, but the Daz Store does nto recognize that I own those products. I don't know if they are identical between the two stores, but I recognize the names and promo images as something i already own.

Right, to be on the safe side I also checked which Fabiana products I had already bought from Renderosity. Quite a large quantity; you can easily make a mistake laugh

Hello everyone!

The products released here today are the same,no changes made,so if you already have them, you´re on ther newest file and safe.

For the future, if any changes are made, I will make sure that it is clear so nobody can confuse :D

Kind regards! 

@Fabiana, thanks for the info. I suggest you modify the product description of Shader Plan Iray Lace and Linen to remove the statement "All brand new!", to avoid confusion. It implies this product may not be the same as the Renderosity version.

Right now I see the Fabiana products I am interested in, available at both Renderosity and Daz, but Daz has priced them considerably higher than Renderosity. With today's 50% discount at Daz they are less expensive here. If the products stay in both stores, shop around when they aren't on sale here.

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,689

jumbotron.nkna said:

Used the coupon today to get me much needed store credit. As the buy-ins, I picked Fabiana's Simplicity Ear Chains and Piercings for Genesis 8 and 8.1 Females and Castle Watchtowers 1, one of the cheapest (at the moment) still new releases.

Okay, so does this mean giftcards are working? Because over in the sales thread, Frank from DAZ said they might be broken, which is why I'm holding off buying one right now. Can anybody confirm that they're working? 

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,013

Some things are changing... The gift card no longer requires a coupon and the $1 selection has changed.

• JumbotronJumbotron Posts: 84
    edited April 8

tsroemi said:

Okay, so does this mean giftcards are working? Because over in the sales thread, Frank from DAZ said they might be broken, which is why I'm holding off buying one right now. Can anybody confirm that they're working? 

Well, I got mine some hours ago, just before my post. And back then, it all worked fine. As I said, I had one of Fabiana's new products on the store and one of the cheapest still mad releases (one Daz+ item) in my cart, plus a $500 gift card. Initially, the grand total did not reflect any discount on the gift card, as expected. But as soon as I applied the coupon code, I got the announced 20% discount on the gift card.

I'm gonna follow the report thread, now that you've mentioned it. It's good to be in the loop of these potential issues.

Post edited by Jumbotron on
  • TomhipTomhip Posts: 328

PerttiA said:

Some things are changing... The gift card no longer requires a coupon and the $1 selection has changed.

Whoa thanks for that!!

I did not check and because I was going after topping up my credit, I discarded the $1 selection since i had to use the GF code instead.

barbult said:

Right now I see the Fabiana products I am interested in, available at both Renderosity and Daz, but Daz has priced them considerably higher than Renderosity. With today's 50% discount at Daz they are less expensive here. If the products stay in both stores, shop around when they aren't on sale here.

Hello! Can you tell me which is that one? I checked them yesterday and all was fine. Please let me know!
    barbult said:

Fabiana said:

caravelle said:

barbult said:

Watch out for the Fabiana products added to the store. At least some of them are/were for sale at Renderosity. I already own several, but the Daz Store does nto recognize that I own those products. I don't know if they are identical between the two stores, but I recognize the names and promo images as something i already own.

Right, to be on the safe side I also checked which Fabiana products I had already bought from Renderosity. Quite a large quantity; you can easily make a mistake laugh

Hello everyone!

For the future, if any changes are made, I will make sure that it is clear so nobody can confuse :D

Kind regards! 

@Fabiana, thanks for the info. I suggest you modify the product description of Shader Plan Iray Lace and Linen to remove the statement "All brand new!", to avoid confusion. It implies this product may not be the same as the Renderosity version.

I will notice the administrators. I didn't set the page so wasn't aware of it. Thank you for letting me know!

Tomhip said:

PerttiA said:

Whoa thanks for that!!

I did not check and because I was going after topping up my credit, I discarded the $1 selection since i had to use the GF code instead.

Well nevermind all that that coupon does not work with at least some items in gateway deals anyway.

Was kind of suspicious as a whole bunch of Genesis 2/3 Pro bundles was listed in that.

Fabiana said:

barbult said:

Hello! Can you tell me which is that one? I checked them yesterday and all was fine. Please let me know!

I can no longer find any of your Daz products on Renderosity, where I could earlier today. Were the products that you moved to Daz removed from Renderosity? Perhaps it was a browser caching issue on my end. I apologize for alarming you.

barbult said:

Fabiana said:

barbult said:

I can no longer find any of your Daz products on Renderosity, where I could earlier today. Were the products that you moved to Daz removed from Renderosity? Perhaps it was a browser caching issue on my end. I apologize for alarming you.

No worries, don´t apologize! I was wondering if something got pear shaped, onenever knows what ghosts do odd things in Internet! LOL
    Yes, products that are here now were removed from my other store.

• ArtAngelArtAngel Posts: 1,641

I bought a gift card for 248.00 dicounted by 20% for $198.40 by purchasing 2 PC+ items for 3.49 each. The total cart was $205.38. Now after investing $7.98 in items I don't want or need, I have 50.00 in free money for Fabiana or other PA's products I do want.

• doubledeviantdoubledeviant Posts: 1,114
    edited April 9
    Fabiana said:

barbult said:

Fabiana said:

barbult said:

No worries, don´t apologize! I was wondering if something got pear shaped, onenever knows what ghosts do odd things in Internet! LOL
    Yes, products that are here now were removed from my other store.

EDIT: I might have been confused here - the sale page was leading me to think the "Gateway Artist Store" items were newly arrived transfers from other stores - but I realized today that at least some and possibly all "Gateway" items have been here for a while (and would usually be called "Featured Artist" items/store). Sorry for the trouble.

Speaking of possible errors: The items transferred from your other store lack the option for 3D-printing licenses. Is that intentional? Asking because you seem to be offering it for your new releases here, so the omission seemed like a potential issue with the listings.
    Post edited by doubledeviant on
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,013

tsroemi said:

jumbotron.nkna said:

Used the coupon today to get me much needed store credit. As the buy-ins, I picked Fabiana's Simplicity Ear Chains and Piercings for Genesis 8 and 8.1 Females and Castle Watchtowers 1, one of the cheapest (at the moment) still new releases.

Gift cards were fixed while I was sleeping smiley

• doubledeviantdoubledeviant Posts: 1,114
    edited April 9
    Maybe I'm just losing patience for deciphering them and have been skimming too fast these days, but the sale pages lately have seemed less intuitive to me. I realized just now that "Gateway Artist Store" seems to more-or-less mean "Featured Artist Store" for the day's highlighted artist - whereas I had been thinking the items were newly arrived transfers from other stores.
    Post edited by doubledeviant on
  • AlmightyQUESTAlmightyQUEST Posts: 1,998
    It took me a minute to understand the table they had yesterday, but I got it. Then today they do another table, only they format it differently! If they're testing different formats to see what version works best for customers... Why aren't they asking for feedback?
  • mtl1mtl1 Posts: 1,506

Venomisbeauty said:

Today's news: some "other" sites, completely ignoring G9 or so, are losing exclusive of their top sellers. Happy about it.

So in other words, my wallet is about to become deflated? :D I'd hate to ask for additional reasons as to why they're leaving and coming here, but I'm not going to ask too many questions...

Also, will the new incoming products share the original product names and same promos?

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,387

mtl1 said:

Also, will the new incoming products share the original product names and same promos?

So far they have used the same name, promo pics and description.

doubledeviant said:

Maybe I'm just losing patience for deciphering them and have been skimming too fast these days, but the sale pages lately have seemed less intuitive to me. I realized just now that "Gateway Artist Store" seems to more-or-less mean "Featured Artist Store" for the day's highlighted artist - whereas I had been thinking the items were newly arrived transfers from other stores.

Gateway artist store basically features non-new items from the "gateway artist", but that includes part of the newly transfered items as it seems they were tranfered with their original release date and aren't all considered "new".

edited April 9

Gotta love the fact that yesterday some Pro bundles were in Featured Artist "Legacy" category and you could get them as low as $20-ish, so now DAZ adds a  fantastic 50% off 1 bundle deal, and removing them all from other promotions, making the same bundles cost $50-ish with now this deal :D

Sometimes you win and sometimes you lose but I guess we won a few times too many and Deal Police is watching :P

Post edited by Tomhip on
  • TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 3,156

AlmightyQUEST said:

It took me a minute to understand the table they had yesterday, but I got it. Then today they do another table, only they format it differently! If they're testing different formats to see what version works best for customers... Why aren't they asking for feedback?

I think the design team changes stuff for the fun of it, just so it's not the exact same thing for more than a day. It's a theory to fit the facts, though I actually have no idea why they do it.

Tomhip said:

Gotta love the fact that yesterday some Pro bundles were in Featured Artist "Legacy" category and you could get them as low as $20-ish, so now DAZ adds a  fantastic 50% off 1 bundle deal, and removing them all from other promotions, making the same bundles cost $50-ish with now this deal :D

Sometimes you win and sometimes you lose but I guess we won a few times too many and Deal Police is watching :P

That's just the way Daz marketing rolls. There were a few Pro bundles in yesterday's $1 offer, too. 

Leana said:

Gateway artist store basically features non-new items from the "gateway artist", but that includes part of the newly transfered items as it seems they were tranfered with their original release date and aren't all considered "new".

The whole transferred products aspect is sort of maddening. Daz would happily sell us the exact same products again, if we already own them. No way of knowing who owns what, I guess. Also, some vendors updated their products for release here and others didn't. I think the move is good for the vendors and maybe not as good for the overall content market.

mtl1 said:

I'd hate to ask for additional reasons as to why they're leaving and coming here, but I'm not going to ask too many questions...

Why is likely not so surprising. Pay and promotion are likely far better here, possibly coupled with changes in policy on other sites. One well-known vendor has not been shy in saying the other site pays hobby money and Daz provides a real living.

• RagazzineRagazzine Posts: 99

Torquinox said:

mtl1 said:

I'd hate to ask for additional reasons as to why they're leaving and coming here, but I'm not going to ask too many questions...

Why is likely not so surprising. Pay and promotion are likely far better here, possibly coupled with changes in policy on other sites. One well-known vendor has not been shy in saying the other site pays hobby money and Daz provides a real living.

I think only PAs here have access to the G9 HD tools. One of the reasons there are so few characters on other sites. 

Ragazzine said:

I think only PAs here have access to the G9 HD tools. One of the reasons there are so few characters on other sites. 

And ironically this is also slowing down G9 adoption....

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,885

Tomhip said:

Ragazzine said:

And ironically this is also slowing down G9 adoption....

This isn't new or unique to G9, but has been the case for previous generations of Genesis as well.

• James_HJames_H Posts: 1,020

Can someone explain how today's table works?

James_H said:

Can someone explain how today's table works?

It works the same as previous days, only format is different (yesterday's was more readable IMO):

• If you buy a "gateway" item but no "welcome" or "still new" items, you get the discounts from first line
    • If you buy a "welcome" or "still new" item but no "gateway" items, you get the discounts from 2nd line
    • If you buy both a "gateway" and a "welcome" or "still new" item, you get the discounts from 3rd line
    • If you buy only a "featured artist store" item over $1 you can get a "gateway stealz" for $2.99
This discussion has been closed.