There's Always Another Sale Thread -- Discussions Only Pt 2

Comments

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,364

Venomisbeauty said:

Today's news: some "other" sites, completely ignoring G9 or so, are losing exclusive of their top sellers. Happy about it.

LOL - they will go back again or move elsewhere at some point no doubt - PAs have been chopping and changing for years. I'm not sure why you would be 'Happy about it' loss of competetion doesn't help a ,market grow. 

• KerseyKersey Posts: 56

Less competition is bad, so it's in a way not good. Don't want to talk about other stores here, but in this case I think it's just what they need. A kick in the butt that they need to improve. Hope they react to it.

• pctech4nypctech4ny Posts: 182
    edited April 10

I'm tempted to get one ofd the "Welcome New" items just because I see Decimator as one of the $10 bundles that would unlock... Is it still useful these days? For instance say the occasional clothing or prop object that has WAY too many polygons than are really needed?

I am still using G8 and honesly I don't need any of the G9 stuff among the "Welcome New" so that would leave my choice to be the Arabian Marketplace (I have several sort of North African/ Arab styled buildings sets already - do I need another one?), the Shark Beast for Dragon 3 (it's cool - not as cool to me as the giant bat for Dragon 3 from a few days ago - but I can't see any use for it now, although I do a bunch of sci-fi renders so "uplifted humanoid sharks on a rampage" is not out of the question), or the shader pack (I've got dozens of shader packs already and have hardly used them).

So for the chance I might need to use Decimator someday, should I plop down the $27 and change and get it on sale while I can?

Post edited by pctech4ny on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,316

pctech4ny said:

I'm tempted to get one ofd the "Welcome New" items just because I see Decimator as one of the $10 bundles that would unlock... Is it still useful these days? For instance say the occasional clothing or prop object that has WAY too many polygons than are really needed?

Too many for what? Generally it is texture sizes, not polygon count, that is limiting for Iray.

I am still using G8 and honesly I don't need any of the G9 stuff among the "Welcome New" so that would leave my choice to be the Arabian Marketplace (I have several sort of North African/ Arab styled buildings sets already - do I need another one?), the Shark Beast for Dragon 3 (it's cool - not as cool to me as the giant bat for Dragon 3 from a few days ago - but I can't see any use for it now, although I do a bunch of sci-fi renders so "uplifted humanoid sharks on a rampage" is not out of the question), or the shader pack (I've got dozens of shader packs already and have hardly used them).

So for the chance I might need to use Decimator someday, should I plop down the $27 and change and get it on sale while I can?

• pctech4nypctech4ny Posts: 182
    edited April 10

Richard Haseltine said:

pctech4ny said:

Too many for what? Generally it is texture sizes, not polygon count, that is limiting for Iray.

I am reminded of the situation with the first outfit for Victoria 9 and all the discussions about that. So yes it may be a rare case but if I really needed to optimize a scene to cram more stuff into my 12GB VRAM, that would be another tool I could use, I can already use Scene Optimizer to reduce texture sizes.

But there are other things I could probably use in the near-future, rather than a hypothetical case for Decimator. Maybe I'll just pass this time and keep checking the deals evey day and eventually the things on my wishlist can be finagled into a good deal.

Post edited by pctech4ny on
  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,910

pctech4ny said:

Richard Haseltine said:

pctech4ny said:

I am reminded of the situation with the first outfit for Victoria 9 and all the discussions about that. So yes it may be a rare case but if I really needed to optimize a scene to cram more stuff into my 12GB VRAM, that would be another tool I could use, I can already use Scene Optimizer to reduce texture sizes.

But there are other things I could probably use in the near-future, rather than a hypothetical case for Decimator. Maybe I'll just pass this time and keep checking the deals evey day and eventually the things on my wishlist can be finagled into a good deal.

That (cramming the scene) would be you RAM not GPU VRAM

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,636

I'm confused. How do I "Double My Avatars"? Yeh, I see two new bundles for sale but what does that have to do with avatars?

• joannajoanna Posts: 1,289

Charlie Judge said:

I'm confused. How do I "Double My Avatars"? Yeh, I see two new bundles for sale but what does that have to do with avatars?

It's a reference to two franchises: one refers to Avatar, the sci-fi movie with blue people and a planet with purple trees, and the other to Avatar: the Last Airbender with their different tribes and martial arts.

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,793

benniewoodell said:

britscriptwriter said:

lachi said:

Hylas said:

So... where are those $1 items? I'm confusion.

I also would like to know where those $1 Gateway Deals are.

I tried both links and put some assets in the cart and tried the coupon code but it always says: Coupon code is not valid

Sometimes I wonder if they do the promos as confusing as possible to keep us on those pages longer. Like the advertisement teams gets paid not for purchases but for items put in the cart.

The saddest thing is, since I got into Daz, the excitement of a new day, new releases, etc, has actually given me a reason to wake up early every day. But that excitement has gone lately, and I'm not spending anything in between the big sales. 

For years, I'd stay up until 1am (midnight Daz time) just to see what the new items were every night and what sales there'd be because it really was exciting. But the past few months, I've been going to lay down at 11:30, 12 o'clock and just watch Family Guy or something until I fall asleep and not even think about checking the store. When I get up in the morning I go and see what was released and all, but I agree that that excitement has gone and a lot has to do with these heavily worded and confusing sales pages. And today's sale, I looked at the chart thing with all the colored checkmark things and was like nope, I'm not even going to try and decipher this, it's too early in the morning. 

We're in different time zones, Daz midnight is 11PM for me but you literally wrote EXACTLY how I feel including the part about Family Guy! I often watch it before sleep lol. During this whole Welcome sale, I look at the sale page and my eyes glaze over and it's so complicated it just gives me a headache. I gave up a bunch of tokens because I just didn't feel like spending hours juggling my cart trying to figure out the rules of this new Daz game. I mean sale. If I want to play a puzzle game, I'll play something from the App Store. I come here to shop, not play puzzles. 

• JumbotronJumbotron Posts: 84

It's also my impression that the sales are getting more confusing by the day. I'm having a hard time figuring out how that can help sales.

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,636

joanna said:

Charlie Judge said:

It's a reference to two franchises: one refers to Avatar, the sci-fi movie with blue people and a planet with purple trees, and the other to Avatar: the Last Airbender with their different tribes and martial arts.

Thanks. I didn't think about the Avatar movies. My brain was trying to associate the offer with DAZ selling avatars (and NFTs). 

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,793

I'm wondering if the mods ever report to Daz marketing things like "Everyone in the forums is complaing about the complicated and confusing sales" so that maybe they could make major improvements. They say forumites are only a very small portion of their customers but many of us have been here for ages and spend a lot of money here and if WE, the long time customers who have figured out how to navigate the crazy marketing up till now can't figure these out and closing the sales page as our eyes glaze over, how are new customers going to deal with it? I know they've lost money from me because I just didn't have the time or patience to figure out these new convoluted sales and obviously I'm not alone. I feel like someone has to tell them what they're doing wrong and that they are losing money by not having sales that are easy to understand. 

• ElorElor Posts: 1,099
    edited April 11

Wonderland said:

I'm wondering if the mods ever report to Daz marketing things like "Everyone in the forums is complaing about the complicated and confusing sales" so that maybe they could make major improvements.

The Gateway discount table was changed multiples times since the event started, trying to make the way it worked cleared (today's version is easier: just buying a Gateway, a new or still new item activate all the discounts): I would say mods are likely sending this kind of feedback too alongside feedbacks about bugs.

Post edited by Elor on
  • davesodaveso Posts: 6,776

Wonderland said:

I'm wondering if the mods ever report to Daz marketing things like "Everyone in the forums is complaing about the complicated and confusing sales" so that maybe they could make major improvements. They say forumites are only a very small portion of their customers but many of us have been here for ages and spend a lot of money here and if WE, the long time customers who have figured out how to navigate the crazy marketing up till now can't figure these out and closing the sales page as our eyes glaze over, how are new customers going to deal with it? I know they've lost money from me because I just didn't have the time or patience to figure out these new convoluted sales and obviously I'm not alone. I feel like someone has to tell them what they're doing wrong and that they are losing money by not having sales that are easy to understand. 

I'm at the point of looking at the page, if I see something meets my price point, I'll look farther. I'm not going to waste my time anymore trying to figure out the sales. Maybe if I see a coupon, take another whatever percent off, I might be in 

• GoggerGogger Posts: 2,370

I'm not a "Lazy Shopper" by any means, and I've spent enough here over the years to have bought a new car instead, but WOW!  This week's sales leave me daydreaming about what could have been - going for a drive in my new car.

At the end of the day though, the numbers don't lie.  If this sales week doesn't hold up to other sales results, I am confident DAZ will dial it back.

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,387

Wonderland said:

I'm wondering if the mods ever report to Daz marketing things like "Everyone in the forums is complaing about the complicated and confusing sales" so that maybe they could make major improvements.

They do provide feedback to Daz, not only bug reports.

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 4,032

joanna said:

Charlie Judge said:

Thank you, I was also left wondering what in the world they were referring to! I had seen the first Avatar movie, but that was years ago. I had no clue about the other package. Two pose sets (ok) and make-up/tats I would not use (not because they might not be good, just not my thing). I still bought both, used parts of the purple package with the Spirit wolf, love the critter and VDB FX effects. The set, well my RTX 4090 cramped up, so I deleted it and found the Jungle Redux set. I did try to figure out the sales stuff. Got a chevybabe25 hair for G8F/G8.1F that was just updated for Omni shaders for $1.00. I was tempted by a lot of other things, but I want my credit to last more than two weeks.

But I am getting more frustrated/depressed by the complexity/prices overall. And my carts are getting smaller every week.

• Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,390

memcneil70 said:But I am getting more frustrated/depressed by the complexity/prices overall. And my carts are getting smaller every week.

Same here.

I'm a long time customer, been buying here since they were owned by Zygote and you used Poser 3 because that was all that was available and your figures were the Dork and Possette,

I probably could have bought and retired to an Island with what I've spent over the years and yeah I'm a crothcety, grumpy, 70 year old man

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,689

I don't quite know where to post this, but I've noticed that Lully has almost emptied their Rendo store as of recently ... maybe another top vendor incoming?

• HoppittyHoppitty Posts: 473

Not really into Avatar -- I had my fingers crossed for some Fallout stuff to coincide with the Amazon show, today. =P 

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,776
    edited April 11

Hoppitty said:

Not really into Avatar -- I had my fingers crossed for some Fallout stuff to coincide with the Amazon show, today. =P 

I had forgotten about that. I'm on it laugh
    Thanks yes 

fallout.png
    1116 x 1143 - 393K
    Post edited by daveso on
  • Since March Madness ended, the sales have been strange but I got the bundles today with a special $5 one. The VDB effects look pretty cool. 

Leana said:

Wonderland said:

They do provide feedback to Daz, not only bug reports.

Yes, the mods do bring it up, and pass on concerns regularly.

• TomhipTomhip Posts: 328

Pretty gutted that Lilflame items are not considered "New" for Flash sales. Dont really want anything from Anagrod that much but sure intersted in a lot of good stuff from Lilflame =/

• caravellecaravelle Posts: 2,418

Did Daz actually only hire PAs offering white women and girls in his 'Welcome' campaign? I thought we already had more than enough of this category. Without wishing to diminish the skill and quality of the newcomers' work in the slightest, the only really interesting newcomer for me was Fabiana. 

Instead of piling on more and more female characters (some from ancient generations), they should have looked a bit more at environments, props and the like. Just my personal opinion.

• SilverGirlSilverGirl Posts: 723
    edited April 12

I'm more than a little relieved to come here and see everyone else also confused and/or overwhlemed by the sales and the design of the sales pages. I've navigated a few other stacking sales to good effect, but these... well, if my brain could do a blue screen of death looking at it, I think that's what it did. Thought it was just me. Guess not. Whew.

And today the sales page is advertising the fact that you can change colors from the surface pane? But without a link to a clear tutorial? I mean, *I* know how to do it after digging around and experimentation, but how many newbies are going to see today's sale page and wonder where the "Colorize" product is that goes with it? And then there's a link to color-related products (including "colorardo furniture" because the word "color" is in there, I guess?) which maybe implies those are the ones you can do it on, but not others? And it includes the Colorwerks hair shader, which is a completely separate thing you don't  "colorize" through the surface pane anyway? And then there's a seprate page for MORE items to colorize? WHY???

I swear I'd kill fewer braincells with a fifth of whiskey than I do trying to parse through these things and the logic behind them.

Post edited by SilverGirl on
  • TomhipTomhip Posts: 328

Valkyrie is a weird PA to add at this stage, most of their work seems to be "In Style" series of recolors, which do look amazing but they almost all seem to be for products you have to buy elswere.

Unless ofc the welcome series will run much longer :P

• SilverGirlSilverGirl Posts: 723

caravelle said:

Did Daz actually only hire PAs offering white women and girls in his 'Welcome' campaign? I thought we already had more than enough of this category. Without wishing to diminish the skill and quality of the newcomers' work in the slightest, the only really interesting newcomer for me was Fabiana. 

Instead of piling on more and more female characters (some from ancient generations), they should have looked a bit more at environments, props and the like. Just my personal opinion.

In general agreed, though in fairness I've seen some non-white women in there. The overall selection does seem pretty skewed, but... well, most of Daz seems skewed away from my tastes. Maybe there will be later welcomed artists more to our tastes. (My luck the next round will be all sci-fi and fandoms I'm not in, though.)

• jonlegerartjonlegerart Posts: 2
    edited April 12

Top 200 Genesis 8 & Top 100 Genesis 9 sales bugged ??

The discount applied is only 37% off instead of  the 60% to 75% off announced for Genesis 8.
    And the discount is supposed to expire in less than 24 hours  sad

Post edited by jonlegerart on

jonlegerart said:

Top 200 Genesis 8 & Top 100 Genesis 9 sales bugged ??

No discount is applied when you add to cart any of these items.
    And the discount is supposed to expire in less than 24 hours  sad

Yes it isn't working atm. I have reported it. The sale is 24 hrs Daz time. UTC -7

This discussion has been closed.