• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,905

Wonderland said:

Cybersox said:

barbult said:

Richard Haseltine said:

barbult said:

Cybersox said:

kyoto kid said:

...so still a bit confused on hat this "Build your own Daz+ for A Day" promo is all about as there are no details   I just see the usual D+FaD and the Featured Artist categories. 

It's pretty baffling.  Someone even started a thread on the subject and it was locked because "this issue was being discussed elsewhere"... which apparently meant this thread, even though there was never any response to any of the questions raised here.  

The only answer we ever got was from a forum admin (Cris) who said that as they understood it, it was just a sale title and not a special sale category or anything (I'm paraphrasing from memory). My follow-on question was ignored, as was every other question I ever saw asked about it. So my conclusion is that it is nothing real.

I thought I'd said we had pointed outt hat it was causing confusion, if not then we did. But we were told that there was no missing promotion, so it wasn't a hidden sale that was not listed. Sorry not to have been more helpful or product

You may have said something I missed or forgot. The answer is essentially the same, I think. There is no special sale category or offer assiciated with those words. They are just words. Thank you for informing Daz of customers' confusion.

Except they're not just words.  They're two different specific combinations of words that have always denoted very specific type of sales in the DAZ store, so the use of the phrases "Build Your Own" and "DAZ+ For A Day" together when not in conjunction with a sale that included both of those aspects showed a surprisingly poor awareness of the sales culture that DAZ itself has created.   

If you sort the entire store by lowest to highest you will see a ton of old Daz+ stuff for 80 cents and even cheaper in the cart, especially if you include a debut/still new item and use tokens so they can come out to as low as 24 cents each which is even better than the old 8 items for $2.99 and you have the whole store to choose from, not just select categories. So this is actually much better than the old way plus makes good fillers when you are just pennies away from getting your next token.

That may be, but keep in mind that: A. those prices are hardly unusual on that particular batch of old product, as it is, indeed, the exact same set of content that is tossed up every time they have one of those $2.99 "build your own bundle" promotions where the end net price per item which has recently been even cheaper now that tokens have been thrown in the mix... which is why many of us have already picked that category clean of anything that we might possibly want (in my own case there are a whopping 335 DAZ+ items left in the store that I don't already own, most of which is textures for V1/V2 and redundant expression sets.)  and B. while I'm not in any way disputing that that is indeed a good deal for those who haven't picked that category clean yet, the fact that it's all product that's already in DAZ+ makes it clear that it couldn't be what the ad verbiage could have been refering to.  Which, of course, is the issue that a lot of us had with the verbiage, as it seemed to imply the existence of a specific kind of sale that did not, in fact, exist:  DAZ PA products on sale at DAZ+ prices. 

• HavosHavos Posts: 5,348

Since the products under the flash sale code DAZ-PLUS-FG has a lot of DOs (4000+) then a lot will stack with your current lightning deals, so can give you some very cheaps DOs (less than $1), so it is worth keeping an eye on your lightning deals until the end of the day. 

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,832

I used my 1 token and saved 16 cents on my order today, due to all the stacking exclusions.

barbult said:

I used my 1 token and saved 16 cents on my order today, due to all the stacking exclusions.

My current cart price is $44, saving roughly $25 off a $70 cart using 8 tokens, and since it's a 2X Monday, that earns me back another 8 tokens (total "full" value of cart prior to any discounts is $290) so you can still get a decent deal if youre shopping around and buying in bulk.  Definitely not in the league of some of the PC+ sales of the past, of course, but it is what it is...

• PerttiA said:

I'm not arguing, but people complaining all the time that everything is so expensive, when one can't buy stuff at the other stores at even near the prices one can buy stuff here...
    I'm just saying one CAN get good bargains and low prices here.
    Current cart, 206 items for $80.08 at 97% off (Subtotal $3018.72) cheeky

This seems to be the trend for recent sales: spend lots of money to get lots and lots and lots of stuff. Not so great for people who don't want to spend lots of money.

(Case in point: tokens. Daz absolutely loves the people who use them to get a 40% discount on every order. They're spending at least $120 every week.)

• arks0ngarks0ng Posts: 272

Last week I ended up with, like, 16 tokens from the x2 Monday, and then the 'new' sale kicked in and I just... genuinely could not find anything to use them on, what with nothing stacking, the sales being (in my flawed opinion, anyway) significantly worse than the previous lot, and categories not really ever changing sale to sale. Add that to the realisation that, okay yeah it's an extra 40% off, but you're still having to spend money to actually use them... well, they ended up just expiring, and there's nothing that quite destroys your spending habit like losing that many tokens. (I would've just spend them on some daz+ for a days or something cheap just to use 'em, but again, nothing stacks currently).

I dunno, I feel like a bunch of tokens expiring (or any amount really) would be a great time to get some kind of automatic orange banner, or concilatory extra sale. Seems like it'd make sense from Daz's point of view to get people back in. Or, what I'd much rather prefer, that spending enough money to earn a token just resets expiry time on all of them. 'Cause it'd still encourage people to spend x more dollars to get another token, and have them spending at least $10 every four days, and when they actually use the tokens they're still going to be spending a bunch of money to get value out of it.

I dunno, with most sales pretty much requiring tokens these days, having them expire seems to be only harmful to a customer. I guess Daz is a master of fomo, but yeah

• So, for the honorary Daz+ member over the weekend, I only used it to get the weekly member freebie -- which shows that I found [ sarcasm ] so many things that fit in my budget  [ / sarcasm ]

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,034

miladyderyni_173d399f47 said:

So, for the honorary Daz+ member over the weekend, I only used it to get the weekly member freebie -- which shows that I found [ sarcasm ] so many things that fit in my budget  [ / sarcasm ]

yeah I felt the same way rejoining a few months ago

I have wasted a lot of money since for FOMO reasons on things I didn't need when I could have instead bought more storage which I do need as my DAZ external is full 

I won't be renewing and instead just buying stuff I actually really want wink

• maikdeckermaikdecker Posts: 2,750

I'm glad and happy that I have at least no problem at all with not being to use tokens, because I don't get any (usually) because I rarely spend enough money to hit the margin for getting one... Today again looks like a  $ 1.- day... meaning that due to being there a Door Buster for G8 I get to spend that sum once more, making it ~$ 10.- spent since October 15th

Never had a $ 25.- Gift Card last that long in a DAZ+ (semi) annual sale wink

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,633

Yikes, another new core character this week; that's one per week for at least the last 4 weeks. At that rate my budget can't sustain purchashing them all.sad

Charlie Judge said:

Yikes, another new core character this week; that's one per week for at least the last 4 weeks. At that rate my budget can't sustain purchashing them all.sad

The sad thing is, you know what this kind of speed up at DAZ has often meant historically - that they're starting to clear things out as they wind up towards a new generation of product.  That's purely a guess, of course, but given how many issues the current version has, I've been wondering if we were going to be seeing an upgraded Genesis 9.1 or even Genesis 10 on the horizon...  

To paraphrase THE PHANTOM: for those who came in late, here's a quick reference of the time span for each of the Genesis Generations from first release until the first propducts for the following Generation hit the market...  

Genesis 1 (unisex mesh) (G1) 2012
    Genesis 2 Female Release (G2F) 2013
    Genesis 3 Female Released (G3F) 2015
    Genesis 8 Female Released (G8F) 2017
    Genesis 8.1 Female Released (G8.1F) 2021
    Genesis 9 (unisex mesh) (G9) 2022

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,774

i sure hope not another generation already. let it ride like V4 until the year 2030 at least. 

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,384

Daz releasing one core character per week during big sale events happens pretty much every year. 

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,930

Charlie Judge said:

...that's one thing I don't need to be so concerned about given 1.) I am not interested in G9, and 2.) I prefer to develop custom characters of my own   

The only time I pick up a new character is if they are "unique" or add something special to what I call my "gene pool". I actually haven't bought Vicky or Mike since Gen4.  The only reason  I have newer versions them is through loyalty rewards, and in one case, upgrading to Carrara 8.5 Pro (Vicky and Mike 5 were included with the upgrade).

daveso said:

i sure hope not another generation already. let it ride like V4 until the year 2030 at least. 

Except that V4 was only the "new" figure for 5 years, and that's counting V4.1 and V4.2 as the same creature.  V4.0 came out in December 2006 and Genesis launched in October of 2011 at which point V4 production at DAZ dried to a small trickle.   The only other figure to come close to that run was G8 at four years before G8.1's 1 year run, followed by V3 at three years til V4.  So, in the unlikely event that if they let G9 run as long as V4 the next new figure generation would be 2027...    

• WendyLuvsCatz said:

So, for the honorary Daz+ member over the weekend, I only used it to get the weekly member freebie -- which shows that I found [ sarcasm ] so many things that fit in my budget  [ / sarcasm ]

yeah I felt the same way rejoining a few months ago

I have wasted a lot of money since for FOMO reasons on things I didn't need when I could have instead bought more storage which I do need as my DAZ external is full 

I won't be renewing and instead just buying stuff I actually really want wink

It's highly unlikely I will rejoin. My plan was to rejoin on a 3 month subscription when the fall Daz+ sale started, after being on hiatus since January. It made sense as I've usually liked the October through December sales the best. But here it is the end of October and I haven't re-subscribed yet. Yes, partly due to a big unexpected expense but mostly because of the sale itself. I haven't found much I wanted this time around, first and foremost. Then there are all the negative changes to traditional features - D+FAD prices; BYOB revamped so that it is practically unrecognizable as well as costlier; the anniversary bundles disappearing completely. Finally, Daz deciding to redo the discount schemes mid-sale. During the 2022 fall D+ sale, I spent four times what I have spent this time around, and that sale was about half as long due to the G9 release. So looks like I will be right there with you, buying only what I really want.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,010

One year's Daz+ Membership can be bought at $25.22 today

PerttiA said:

how you get it that low? Mine comes to $42.  

daveso said:

PerttiA said:

MEMBER-40 coupon plus 8 tokens

• Charlie Judge said:

daveso said:

PerttiA said:

I am one of those people who doesn't spend $120+ a week here so not my deal. 

Charlie Judge said:

daveso said:

PerttiA said:

I am one of those people who doesn't spend $120+ a week here so not my deal. 

I'm freaking out because I spent almost $100 this MONTH.   I used to average about 60, over the ENTIRE time I've purchased here, since 2001, but since the prices have gotten higher, my monthly purchase price has gone up as well. 

• joannajoanna Posts: 1,282

I wish people here would report the best discounts/lowest prices before tokens. This way people could just adjust the price for however many tokens they have or do not have. Listing it after 8 tokens have been applied seems like assuming that everybody has them at any given time which is not the case.

The DAZ+ plus sale says 'Final 48 hours'. I wonder if tomorrow will really be the end or of on Wednesday we will see 'Sale Extended'  

Charlie Judge said:

The DAZ+ plus sale says 'Final 48 hours'. I wonder if tomorrow will really be the end or of on Wednesday we will see 'Sale Extended'  

When is Halloween in Utah? 

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,792

I ended up spending a lot more than planned but pretty much everything was under $3.00 in the cart, most under $2.00. When I can get 85%-95% off (combining deals, coupons and tokens) it's hard to resist loading up the cart. Usually the Daz+ for a day items were the most expensive things in my cart at $2.45 and I cut down on those after they changed the token rules. Next we have the Christmas sale and I'm actually hoping it's really bad because I'm tapped out lol. 

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,930

...Daz+ For A Day now 4.99$ (3.99$ with a debut or still new release) instead of 3.99$/2.49$..

figured as much.

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,435

Not really the "Four Horsemen" bundle, as there are no Horsemen included. Four Horses, maybe. *snort* Not interested in getting four previous bundles to make the set, if that is marketing's intention.

Nobody answered my question about when is Halloween (we had it last Saturday), but if it's today, the offerings are pretty slim so far...

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,832
    Halloween is October 31 in the US.
  • MimicMollyMimicMolly Posts: 2,145
    I don't think they're going to add that mini-comic as a .PDF inside the Four Horsemen Bundles. It's not going to be preserved in the Sales Page, so people who aren't around are going to miss out on which character is which (except for Death 9.)
This discussion has been closed.