virtual penny 4 yor carrara thoughts ?

Comments

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326
    edited January 2017

Wow, Vyusur, Very nice work!

Post edited by Dartanbeck on
    MistyMist said:

enlightened thinking, use particle emitter with a waterfall, to show cascading.    planes or metaballs?   hafta watch cripeman tutts again.

McGuyver showed us an example of metaball particle waterfalls, so I tried it and I love it! 

The smaller you make the metaballs in the emitter, the more you have to emit, which is harder on the system and longer to render, but looks more and more real.

I made mine with fairly large metaballs since I was just testing to see how it works, and I like fast and simple. I've never used metaballs particles before. I was amazed!!! It works really good!

I just (again, being fast and simple) used one of the water shaders from the browser. Looked great!

If the scene is simple, try using a spherical map in the Background channel. If not, at least try a bi gradient. If you want the background to be black, just add a color in the backdrop and make the color black! ;)  Works like a charm. Still get cool look on the shaders, and still have the stark black background! :)

Waterfall_Still_Cave.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 600K
    edited January 2017

Yeah... seeing the image again... they were Huge metaballs! So then I could run the simulation without running a whole lot of them - they just stick together and... well... they metaball! LOL

Post edited by Dartanbeck on

McGuyver's looked freaking REAL though. He had water flowing over a table and was using nice tiny metaballs, like we're supposed to when trying to make a shallow film of running water like that.

In mine, it looked amazingly better in an animation than in the above still. Especially when just messing around.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    diomede said:

not sure about animating, but there is a freebie for liquids that might help, at least as a starting point

http://www.sharecg.com/v/25522/related/5/3D-Model/Liquid

tysmiley

the mystic gorge is a lovely set with waterfalls http://www.daz3d.com/carraras-mystic-gorge
    just need a lil dynamics 

I just got something that would work perfectly for that from ShareCG!!!

It's in the Carrara files section, it's waterfall effect using Carrara fire primitive and it's beautiful in animations! 

The user has one for a waterfall and another for rising smoke - and they're both fantastic!

i luvheart  the steampunkiness air travel in ffxii

BTW, I love the Mystic Gorge! But you probably know that already.

When I was new to Carrara and was using X-Frog billboards for trees, thinking that Carrara trees are too slow to render (another misconception gained from reading negative posts, made out of frustration), I went back into my animated scene file I made of the Mystic Gorge, because it has a bunch of trees and I had this thing rendering like lightning!

So I checked out how he made his trees and found that he also made shrubs and stuff too. 

Turns out Carrara trees render lightning fast unless we go too nuts with the shaders and lighting, like anything else.

Oh, how I love Carrara!

I just got something that would work perfectly for that from ShareCG!!!

It's in the Carrara files section, it's waterfall effect using Carrara fire primitive and it's beautiful in animations! 

The user has one for a waterfall and another for rising smoke - and they're both fantastic!

Found it for you!

Carrara Waterfall using Fire - by Charlesky1

You'll love it!

Fast, Beautiful!

edited January 2017

watching for it's ideas on lush landscapes

Post edited by Mistara on

Kewl!!! yes

Haven't played Skyrim yet. Just got Mass Effect 2 for free... I rarely play games, if ever. This one, I must say, is refreshingly fun!

• VyusurVyusur Posts: 2,235

Wow, Vyusur, Very nice work!

Thank you very much!

edited January 2017

rael horns uvmaps seem okay without any file hacks smiley

needs his own skin shader setup,  
    i guess
    1st step, put his disp map in the bump channel, 

rael horns.JPG
    1448 x 709 - 166K
    trying sss demonics.JPG
    1328 x 734 - 162K
    Post edited by Mistara on
  • PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,144

Areas of solid curtain waterfall could be done with an animated texture on a plane, maybe bent a little to give a trajectory. This could be supplemented with particles with metaballs, that should look pretty good. It depends to an extent how featured it will be or if it is just a background effect.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,038

the Nerd Waterfall tool Poser version works in Carrara too, is on that other site 

PhilW said:

Areas of solid curtain waterfall could be done with an animated texture on a plane, maybe bent a little to give a trajectory. This could be supplemented with particles with metaballs, that should look pretty good. It depends to an extent how featured it will be or if it is just a background effect.

the Nerd Waterfall tool Poser version works in Carrara too, is on that other site 

Both fantastic ideas, which I have also had experience with - the exception being supplementing the video-on-plane being supplemented with particles. But the thought was there. 

I love Nerd 3D's Waterfall tool! For animations (at least when it was sold at Daz3D) it is required to go to his site to get the bonus files downloads. Well... unless one wanted to take the time to create the animations by hand. But he's got the animated poses for his waterfall tool as well as the water for his awesome Thunder Falls.

Kind of like Phil's suggestion, Nerd 3D's tool uses still texture maps on a plane in the shaoe of a belt that moves to create the effect. Quite ingenious how he did that.

In that same idea, I suppose we could also use Sparrowhawke's belt plugin to do the same thing.

Do try that fire one from Charlesky1 though. It's awesome and easy to work with/setup/render

MistyMist said:

rael horns uvmaps seem okay without any file hacks smiley

needs his own skin shader setup,  
    i guess
    1st step, put his disp map in the bump channel, 

Hmmm... I was having trouble with the horns somehow. I can't remember how I ended up getting them to work.

he put a fountain as a particle !!!

night set for old english village would be sweet, wink wink

I offer here a couple of particle effects which you are free to use:

- Waterfall is ten feet wide and produces a cascade of water - I am currently rendering an animation with it but it is pretty slow to render with the settings that I have, probably trying to be too ambitious! You would probably need to add a second emitter for the spray at the bottom.

- Fairy Dust can be attached to something (say the tip of a wand) and when moved around produces a trail of sparkles. Feel free to edit for different colours and effects.

Enjoy!

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4297440/FairyDust&Waterfall.zip

MistyMist said:

night set for old english village would be sweet, wink wink

The set is based on a real village (Linton) in Yorkshire around 30 mins drive from where I live. There are no street lights, pretty much just some floodlights on the pub, so you can probably do that yourself. It gets pretty dark (but the pub does some terrific food!).  You can use Google Streetview to see how accurate (or otherwise) I was.

ohhh production setbacks 

1 last thing to figure out on the duf side of things. (well, until the next quirk )
    the tilewrap thing like on the stonemason buildings.
    i know theres a text search and replace fix,
    but i'm saving my scene inventory to a tidy lil contentTime anyhows
    might as well learn to save in a way wont be messy in carrara.
    dont want anything with issues in my scene inventory library.

carrara shaders, cans save the textue map internally in the .cbr?

it converts jpgs to tif?

PhilW said:

I offer here a couple of particle effects which you are free to use:

- Waterfall is ten feet wide and produces a cascade of water - I am currently rendering an animation with it but it is pretty slow to render with the settings that I have, probably trying to be too ambitious! You would probably need to add a second emitter for the spray at the bottom.

- Fairy Dust can be attached to something (say the tip of a wand) and when moved around produces a trail of sparkles. Feel free to edit for different colours and effects.

Enjoy!

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4297440/FairyDust&Waterfall.zip

Very cool of you, Phil!!! Thanks!

MistyMist said:

he put a fountain as a particle !!!

Video on Particle Emitter by Cripeman

I'd just like to add to this:

When he's saying to slide the color gradient slider to get the red to show up... it could have also been changed by setting a different (shorter) time for the life of each particle, and Order in the particle shader refers to the order in which they are emitted. Just for a little clarification.

So cool... a fountain being emitted!!! Nice!

I have reposted the free particle effects to ShareCG here:

http://www.sharecg.com/v/87117/gallery/5/3D-Model/Carrara-Particle-Effects-Waterfall-and-Fairy-Dus

and put a demo on YouTube.

kewl!  tysmiley

is harder to think today, last several days suffering a weird insomnia, need some warmifying drambuie or something.  

i need some drum midi to make background music for a dragon chase scene.
    somethin liiiike, who made who-ac/dc, or, don't tread on me-metallica, or Of Wolf and Man heart

I made this one in Music Maker - this is a short cut from the whole theme, which I like about that sort of workflow (Music Maker), being able to reconstruct a song to any needed length.

edited January 2017
    MistyMist said:

is harder to think today, last several days suffering a weird insomnia, need some warmifying drambuie or something.  

i need some drum midi to make background music for a dragon chase scene.
    somethin liiiike, who made who-ac/dc, or, don't tread on me-metallica, or Of Wolf and Man heart

Yeah, if only we had a rock drummer on this thread... laugh

Post edited by PhilW on