virtual penny 4 yor carrara thoughts ?

Comments

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

i'm sidetracked from the challenge, reading car files in notepad, looking for clues for a morph inj syntax.
    started with the basic modifiers, theyz short ones. smiley

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326
    Vyusur said:

MistyMist, my Dino, which I modeled from scratch, fully rigged and weight mapped in Carrara. I found it more comfortable than, for example, in DS.

Fantastic Dino figure, and it looks like you've done a beautiful job on the rigging - I bet it works great!

MistyMist said:

i'm sidetracked from the challenge, reading car files in notepad, looking for clues for a morph inj syntax.

Not car files, Poser PZ2 INJ files.

MistyMist said:

Not car files, Poser PZ2 INJ files.

.car files

When it applys INJ PZ2 files, it's using Poser format. To create the INJ file we'd need to build a Poser file - a PZ2.

edited January 2017

tested, poserpro 12 cant read a car file.  cant make a pz2 inj file for carrara figure 

brow, maja

Post edited by Mistara on
  • VyusurVyusur Posts: 2,235

Thank you, MistyMist, so much! Allas, I'm not a vendor. And if my Dino is in the store it would be only for Carrara use.

Vyusur said:

Thank you, MistyMist, so much! Allas, I'm not a vendor. And if my Dino is in the store it would be only for Carrara use.

but ... but ... thats the point!  carrara figure for carrara!!  heart

delusions of granduer, doan hafta be delusions!!!

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,144

You are only not a vendor until you start selling something...

CARRARA GOT THE POWERheart

mann wish daz site would give us video clip gallery

on a side note:  
    pepperoni pizza is the nomms  but pizza not an energy food for all night rara playing.
    too much spinach salad can lead to ibs

dunno what else to snack on during an all nighter.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,038
    MistyMist said:

on a side note:  
    pepperoni pizza is the nomms  but pizza not an energy food for all night rara playing.

air popped corn

carrot sticks

nuts

MistyMist said:

on a side note:  

air popped corn

carrot sticks

nuts

got some carrot sticks from starbucks smiley

why do my bones hurt so much when it rains?  owwwwww

hurty hurty hurty hurty bones

oww

curly braces smiley some syntax of a morph target

MrpA {
    Name "head"Tgts {
    MrpT {
    Name "BrowUpR"Coef 0
    minC 0
    maxC 1
    parm 0000
    }
    MrpT {
    Name "Smile"Coef 0
    minC 0
    maxC 1
    parm 000A
    }

next to find the section that lists the vertexes to push around,
    then to figure out how to inject it into a figure loaded in scene.

Kind of a cool story, I think:

During the Christmas give-away sales, I bought (for a very low price) some Genesis 3 Male hair that looks a lot like mine did when I was younger, so that I could grab Belle 6 for free. I thought that, maybe I could bring the obj into Daz Studio and create a new figure for Genesis 2 Males.

Well... it doesn't have an obj, just a dsf, and those aren't included in the Import formats.

So I just loaded the hair into a scene, but didn't Fit-To Genesis 2 Male just yet. The hair does have a 'Enlarge Head' morph which, when dialed backwards, shrinks it down to fit G2M just fine. So now I used the Transfer Utility to fit it to Genesis 2 Male, and then saved it back to my Genesis 2 Male > Hair library and, low and behold... it works!!!

Here 'tis!

Dart Face.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 357K
    edited January 2017

When I got the Belle 6 character, I was prompted that she has an add-on, Elize, by Sabby and Seven, so I added that to my wishlist and just (finally) got it!

They still need a lot of work before they can play the parts of Dartan and his Rose, but they look pretty cool even not finished, I think

DR_6.jpg
    539 x 493 - 151K
    Post edited by Dartanbeck on

I looked at that hair a few times when on sale as it resembled several of my favourite 80's rockstars coiffs 

seeing it on young Dart wish I'd grabbed.

edited January 2017

I went clone creating crazy using genX now all my figures Genesis, G2M&F, G3M&F can wear each others clothes in autofit and V4 & M4, still having issues with V3, M3 and D3 clones but will get there with some manual tweaking eventually.

sadly the autofit dialogue for my clones only comes up in D|S not carrara but save as support asset works.

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on

Wow! So cool! That's a lot of work, but not nearly as much as it would have been to remake all of those clothes!!! :)

Oh... you used GenX. I don't have that. That made the clone morphs for you?

edited January 2017

Yeah, that hair is pretty cool and has many really useful morphs - I like that!

Here's what it reminds me of, back when I was a teenager

EDIT:

I was 14 then, which was my first year as a paid Rock drummer

Never stopped - still playing strong!

dB_14.jpg
    292 x 428 - 98K

Wow! So cool! That's a lot of work, but not nearly as much as it would have been to remake all of those clothes!!! :)

well a few more steps but yes makes it easy

this thread helps

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/138896/kids-4-clothing-on-genesis-3/p1

basically you need to be able to morph your figure to the shape of the clone

export an obj at base resolution to load in morphloader then save the morph asset as described

you look so sweet and innoccent in that photo heart

Vyusur said:

MistyMist, my Dino, which I modeled from scratch, fully rigged and weight mapped in Carrara. I found it more comfortable than, for example, in DS.

Fantastic Dino figure, and it looks like you've done a beautiful job on the rigging - I bet it works great!

Dartanbeck, I've just noticed your comment. Thank you so much! Dino works good, but somewhere I feel difficulties on constraints panel, when I want to change limit values. I have always to struggle with round sliders.

edited January 2017

You look very handsome and cinematic on this picture.

Post edited by Vyusur on
    PhilW said:

You are only not a vendor until you start selling something...

I agree...

edited January 2017

When I got the Belle 6 character, I was prompted that she has an add-on, Elize, by Sabby and Seven, so I added that to my wishlist and just (finally) got it!

They still need a lot of work before they can play the parts of Dartan and his Rose, but they look pretty cool even not finished, I think

Beautiful couple! If she is 162 cm tall, he must be 190 cm?

Post edited by Vyusur on
    edited January 2017

The first image is my self portrait painted when I was 17. The second one is kind of self portrait made in Blender on G3 female base. Then figure was exported to Collada and imported to Carrara.

selfhi.jpg
    329 x 450 - 106K
    G3f17.jpg
    640 x 840 - 293K
    Post edited by Vyusur on

Wow! Very cool G3 portrait job!

..and in Blender of all things!

edited January 2017

well a few more steps but yes makes it easy

this thread helps

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/138896/kids-4-clothing-on-genesis-3/p1

basically you need to be able to morph your figure to the shape of the clone

export an obj at base resolution to load in morphloader then save the morph asset as described

Something really cool:

We can load in any figure (into Carrara) and then the Base figure of what we want to make the clone onto and reshape the shape of the Base figure to match the original in the Assemble room, being careful to maintain decent topology, which isn't very difficult. 

If we're just making the clone for fitting clothing, we really only need to concern ourselves with a general, basic shape - not being too specific. 

When done, export the reshaped Base figure as an OBJ and use that in Daz Studio as our Clone mesh/morph

It's actually a pretty quick and easy process - the modeling part - using soft select. I've never done the actual Clone part, but I think that's easy too. I saw the instructions explaining how it's done which, as I recall, is as simple as having the new obj in the right folder, and referencing it within the Genesis (1 or 2 (or 3)) system - one of the things I just love about this new technology. Gotta Love Daz3d!!!

edited January 2017

you look so sweet and innoccent in that photo heart

Thanks! ;)

Vyusur said:

You look very handsome and cinematic on this picture.

LOL! Yeah, the cinematic part probaby come from it being scanned in from an old beaten-up photo from my old KodakChrome! ;)

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125

@vyusur - impressive work!  and beautiful image

@ Dart - if you recall the tutorial or instructions, I'd love to go through it.    RE: ""I've never done the actual Clone part, but I think that's easy too."