virtual penny 4 yor carrara thoughts ?

Comments

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326

I was just thinking of VectorStyle for Carrara... coincidence maybe?

Nah... I prefer the "Great Minds" thing....

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited January 2018

smiley

no reason why are sff worlds cant look real,  like the Sydney Opera

mebbe with the luxrender plugin

archvis can apply to cars too?

https://archvis.com.au/

https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest/INT/Videos/

laugh

Post edited by Mistara on

tee hee battle of the bulges 

think i'se refreshed enough to have another go at the hair tools

sigh,

my inspiration doos, lovely

edited January 2018

bounding boxes ?

play a role in collision detection,

but what about in collision with softbodies?

forgot about this 1, forgot everything i put in stash  doh

poke thru troubles, but panda was the real star 

https://orig10.deviantart.net/464c/f/2017/063/2/5/panda2_qual_50_by_realmgal-db16oqt.mp4

movie night smiley

scorpian king.  and mummy returns  chick fight with fork thingies

Good flick

I don't think I've seen Scorpion King 4. I like 1, 2 and 3 though. The new SK in 3 (and 4) was a really cool lightning-wielding hero in a show I used to watch called Mutant-X

theres more scorpion kings?

i'se way behind on resident evil, only up to Extinction.

watched the latest Transformers, Anthony Hopkins is in it.  He's Welsh, i think.

Mistara said:

theres more scorpion kings?

Yup. 4 altogether. Second one is when Matias was young. Awesome!

Mistara said:

i'se way behind on resident evil, only up to Extinction.

Me too 

Mistara said:

watched the latest Transformers, Anthony Hopkins is in it.  He's Welsh, i think.

I haven't seen that one yet. 

Scorpion King 2 - Rise of a Warrior

Scorpion King 3 - Battle for Redemption

Scorpion King 4 - The Quest for Power

Mistara said:

thinkin of archvis 

Ooops. I thought you meant Inagoni's ArchiTools! LOL

nnew netbook on the way smiley  hp amd-quad core.  1.8ghz >.<

will be my first experience with win10.  scared, lol

should be able to set these up in carrara  http://www.hdrlabs.com/sibl/archive.html

milkyway looks extra interesting

Mistara said:

should be able to set these up in carrara  http://www.hdrlabs.com/sibl/archive.html

milkyway looks extra interesting

Cool! Thanks for the linky! 

Mistara said:

nnew netbook on the way smiley  hp amd-quad core.  1.8ghz >.<

will be my first experience with win10.  scared, lol

The little laptop I'm always whining about has an AMD quad at 1.5GHz and 4GB RAM

Windows 7 would have loved it, but Windows 10 like to just use it all up. When I say crap like that, take it with the grain of salt (if even that) that it deserves. Win10 really rocks. It just requires more juice is all. Every person I've had communications with from Microsoft have been some really nice people. The kind of folks you want to share your single-malt with! 

Also, my little draptop is a LOT happier and snappier now that I'm running Carrara o my other machine - even when I'm on this one - via TeamViewer. Life has truly got better with that! ;)

lil netbook is just for online stuff.  my current netbook is winxp.  still perfectly good, but i cant see skype mojis. convos blah without the moji

my work horsies arent allowed on the innernet.  is convenient with s/w these days wanting online activations. 

I might whine, but I really like this little thing. Mine isn't a netbook. My netbook has a dual core Atom cpu. It got to a point where it would barely work anymore. I turned off the WiFi and it runs like a top now! 

I used to prevent my Carrara box from accessing the internet. Got tired fast though - moving all of those files from one to the other. I had two wallet-sized 250GB HDD (or are they 500?) whose sole purpose was for moving files to and from that machine. 

woot  filed my tax return. 

still spec'ing m/b and power supplies.

5.2 slot for that 1tb ssd. doant want wifi on m/b. i rather plug usb rabbit ears if i connect it, if ever 

i'm hating on winX atmo. yuck. gathering data, and some harlot on it wants to get to know me better. the floozie

edited January 2018

I might whine, but I really like this little thing. Mine isn't a netbook. My netbook has a dual core Atom cpu. It got to a point where it would barely work anymore. I turned off the WiFi and it runs like a top now! 

I used to prevent my Carrara box from accessing the internet. Got tired fast though - moving all of those files from one to the other. I had two wallet-sized 250GB HDD (or are they 500?) whose sole purpose was for moving files to and from that machine. 

direct wire through the ethernet jacks, as fast as usb 3.  can't remember if is a straight thru cable or crossover wired.

saw this and thought  Transporter  lol

Mistara said:

i'm hating on winX atmo. yuck. gathering data, and some harlot on it wants to get to know me better. the floozie

Just a warning: If you're NOT going to go Windows 10 you better do homework. A lot of the more modern hardware won't have drivers available for anything newer. I don't know anything about Linux....  Just be mindful, is all. Search for drivers for the OS you want to use for the components you want. 

edited January 2018

This isn't stuff I "know", but rather stuff I've 'heard' ;)

Post edited by Dartanbeck on
  • HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964
    PhilW said:

Set the hair scale to medium and 1, and I usually then play with the thickness settings in the shader - something like root 60%, tip 30%, that should make the hair fairly fine without being so fine that it is see-through.

nice advice thanks

Mistara said:

dreamed about target helpers last night, crazy dream, can't sprout hairs from target helpers 

mebbe a hair comb system? parent the combs to a target helper?  sprouts the direction of the normals!

huh, forgot to try and sprout hairs on splines

I like how you are thinking

head wax said:
    PhilW said:

Set the hair scale to medium and 1, and I usually then play with the thickness settings in the shader - something like root 60%, tip 30%, that should make the hair fairly fine without being so fine that it is see-through.

nice advice thanks

Mistara said:

dreamed about target helpers last night, crazy dream, can't sprout hairs from target helpers 

mebbe a hair comb system? parent the combs to a target helper?  sprouts the direction of the normals!

huh, forgot to try and sprout hairs on splines

I like how you are thinking

fun stuff, lots to test out smiley

edited January 2018

tee hee

this posrer for pink floyd looks like a fun project.

would need some flattening morphs  lol  it's called pink floyd back catalogue. 
    serious wedgies 

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,144
    Mistara said:

tee hee

serious wedgies 

I always loved that poster, such a clever title. And I love Pink Floyd's music too.

PhilW said:
    Mistara said:

tee hee

serious wedgies 

I always loved that poster, such a clever title. And I love Pink Floyd's music too.

painting across the seams >.<    ooo boy

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,037
    Mistara said:
    PhilW said:
    Mistara said:

tee hee

serious wedgies 

painting across the seams >.<    ooo boy

triplaner plugin

• VyusurVyusur Posts: 2,235

I don't think any plugin would ever allow you to get a good skin without painting across seams.

or a nice box projection uvs map smiley

has 4.5 seasons of Battlestar Galactica plus mini series to watch.

i hope is not all lady cylons.  wants hot dude cylons !!