virtual penny 4 yor carrara thoughts ?

Comments

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326

Ah, Phil Tippett - a true movie legend. yes

Yes. I'm grateful to VICE for making this cool video. 

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,988
    edited December 2017

devil

Santarrara

Santarrara.jpg
    590 x 446 - 219K
    Post edited by Stezza on
  • HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964
    Stezza said:

devil

Santarrara

ha ha, you're killing me. Who's going to post that in the studio forum :)

Stezza, I love you even more now! That is so fraking cool!!!

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,144

But not if they've been naughty!  Great image!

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

thaz awesome Santarrara

edited December 2017

smiley ordered a terabyte drive to store my avi clips. prolly fill up pretty quikly though
    doh, last friday the 2tb version was twice what it's showing now 

remember tape drive backup?  had a 250mb tape drive in the 80s, thought i was flush with memorie back then.

remember reel to reel tape drives?

remember jonny quest?
    starblazers?

Post edited by Mistara on
  • TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584
    edited December 2017
    Mistara said:

In 2017, I looked into my wallet . . .

Seriously, the movie Interstellar reckoned they used the most up-to-date research in depicting their black hole, and it didn't look *too* dissimilar to what's presented in the link. I guess we shall see next year how right they are ...

Questions they should be asking: are there any usable wormholes, where do they go, and how can we use them?

Post edited by TangoAlpha on

remember the Heavy Metal animated movie?  was the 70s.  wonder if it stands the test of time.

forgot again where the u-unwrap tick box is.

the aboo23

forgot again which body part gets the ik-bootie

forgot again what to do to delete the thing after adding thickness., think was in mmoir tutorial.

Only shows when you have ONE mesh selected.

Screen Shot 2017-12-20 at 15.29.46.png
    625 x 574 - 75K

ohh thanks.  i was trying to check on a shirt, didn't understand why i couldn't find the tick box

cobwebs.  dustbunnies on brain.

does a volumetric cloud have a 'surface'?  can it emit, bounce, collision detect, receive shadows?

sleepy 

mars bar break !

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125

Reeses.  Mmmm.

Peanut Buttah cups heart

Mistara said:

remember the Heavy Metal animated movie?  was the 70s.  wonder if it stands the test of time.

Jonny Quest sure does - but I think that is the way of the well-made cartoon: They just stand up to time well.

Heavy Metal was done in 1981 by the makers (I think?) of the magazine of the same name. Being Adult-Only it likely has to stand up to more criticism than a Saturday Morning toon, but I think it will live forever for the artistic masterpiece it is. I haven't seen it in forever, but that goes for Jonny Quest too.

I wonder how TangoAlpha is getting on with The Clone Wars, which I still feel is some of the finest animation ever. Each episode has many nods to the art of Ralph McQuarrie as well as other greats from Star Wars and Movie history. The VFX are amazing - especially for a weekly series. The acting is really, really good as are the stories. It's also fun to see how heroic Anakin Skywalker was, even as he fell closer and closer to the Dark Side - largely due to the Jedi Council's own mistakes of taking advantage of The Chosen One's abilities, ignoring his potential, and refusing to heed their very own premonitions regarding the danger in his path... yeah... they really screwed up in their helping to create the greatest villain of ll times - Darth Vader!

I love this scene - Anakin is answering a plea for help from another Jedi and is outrageously heroic in saving as many as he can - getting himself blown up, almost to his own death, in the process

This is some incredible stuff. I'm learning to do this sort of thing (running in water) in Carrara.

edited December 2017

I've recently finished watching (second time through) the SciFi Channel's reimagined Battlestar Galactic - all four and a half seasons plus all webisodes and movies.

Besides being just an extraordinary piece of art, this series is also an excellent training grounds for me - just watching the crazy camera moves that are normally forbidden, VFX work which had to be accomplished in an immense hurry and a great story to drive it all. Behind all of that is some amazing music that I just love. This was only my second time watching the whole series of shows, but I listen to the soundtracks quite a lot.

No need to watch the whole concert (unless you're me), but you may just really want to.

This is Bear McCreary (composer/conductor) and his Battlestar Galactica Orchestra. A small band of musicians - each an amazing talent on their own. The female singer in this first song is Bear's lovely wife. Directly behind her, the bearded guitarist who is also an amazing singer, is Bear's brother, Brendan. The keen eyed musician follower may even notice the celloist is none other that the amazing Tina Guo, who does an amazing electric cello solo during this concert. Amazing performances!

Never heard of Tina Guo? You might recognize one of the most memorable electric cello sounds ever made - that of the theme song of the new Wonder Woman

Post edited by Dartanbeck on

I wonder how TangoAlpha is getting on with The Clone Wars, which I still feel is some of the finest animation ever. Each episode has many nods to the art of Ralph McQuarrie as well as other greats from Star Wars and Movie history. The VFX are amazing - especially for a weekly series. The acting is really, really good as are the stories. It's also fun to see how heroic Anakin Skywalker was, even as he fell closer and closer to the Dark Side - largely due to the Jedi Council's own mistakes of taking advantage of The Chosen One's abilities, ignoring his potential, and refusing to heed their very own premonitions regarding the danger in his path... yeah... they really screwed up in their helping to create the greatest villain of ll times - Darth Vader!

So far I've only watched the first couple of episodes, but they were awesome (I'm still working till gone 11:30 most nights & so I tend to fall asleep in front of whatever's on TV. Hoping to have a big viewing session over Christmas though!)

I'm really glad you like it. I'd hate to think that I've steered you wrong!

If you like the first episode or two... I know you'll love it more and more as you take in more. It just keeps getting better all the way through - unlike some things. In fact, us The Clone Wars fans are still rallying for more! LOL

I've recently finished watching (second time through) the SciFi Channel's reimagined Battlestar Galactic - all four and a half seasons plus all webisodes and movies.

Besides being just an extraordinary piece of art, this series is also an excellent training grounds for me - just watching the crazy camera moves that are normally forbidden, VFX work which had to be accomplished in an immense hurry and a great story to drive it all. Behind all of that is some amazing music that I just love. This was only my second time watching the whole series of shows, but I listen to the soundtracks quite a lot.

No need to watch the whole concert (unless you're me), but you may just really want to.

This is Bear McCreary (composer/conductor) and his Battlestar Galactica Orchestra. A small band of musicians - each an amazing talent on their own. The female singer in this first song is Bear's lovely wife. Directly behind her, the bearded guitarist who is also an amazing singer, is Bear's brother, Brendan. The keen eyed musician follower may even notice the celloist is none other that the amazing Tina Guo, who does an amazing electric cello solo during this concert. Amazing performances!

Never heard of Tina Guo? You might recognize one of the most memorable electric cello sounds ever made - that of the theme song of the new Wonder Woman

thaz the sexiest celloist i ever seen

Mistara said:

thaz the sexiest celloist i ever seen

Katarzyna Bromirska is another!

caution / cuidado imágenes engorde

these images may be fattening

carrara doesn't suffer the cross-talk poser does, right?

Mistara said:

carrara doesn't suffer the cross-talk poser does, right?

I'm not sure. Was that a Gen 3 issue, or 4? I don't remember. But I haven't used Gen 3 since I got Carrara, and also haven't heard of or been concerned with cross-talk. Hmmm.

Is cross-talk within the sound of silence?

• Merry Geraltmas

Misty