There's Always Another Sale Thread -- Discussions Only Pt 3

Comments

• rokkrrokkr Posts: 135
    edited October 10

joanna said:

rokkr said:

daveso said:

the prices with this current "sale" aren't very good, that's for sure. Some for a day items, none of which I am buying, I already have the door buster today, and the debut and even featured are not discounted much, even with the DAZ+ pricing discounts, etc

Today is even worse, I guess. If I'm not mistaken, yesterday, there was a Daz+/Premier bonus rebate for featured artists; today, nada.

Not that I remember. Only for buying new release, and it's still there. 

But there was because I made a purchase, and the other day, the prices of items I didn't buy were almost doubled. You had to buy a new item though... It wasn't "free."

EDIT: and, today, it's back, but compared to what prices were during the PA sale, it's like "yeah... whatever..." It's only good to buy cheaper some Daz+ items.

EDIT 2: I just don't get why it works with some items and, with others, it doesn't... For instance, I've added this Ruffle Swimsuit for Genesis 9 Ruffle Swimsuit for Genesis 9 -- listed as a new item. Then, I go to the Featured Artists page ("All Kingdom of Artirst") and filter it to show only Daz+ items (just because I'm interested in them, but the same would apply to any other item). If I add, for instance, this Tubo Hotel, listed at $0.81, it goes to my cart costing $0.41 (kinda weird, because it's more than the 40% rebate), but, if I add this  KOO Clyde HD for Genesis 9, listed at $3.60, it goes to my cart costing the same $3.60, that is, no rebate at all... Is it a bug or am I missing something? Weird, weird...

Post edited by rokkr on
  • rokkr said:

joanna said:

rokkr said:

daveso said:

the prices with this current "sale" aren't very good, that's for sure. Some for a day items, none of which I am buying, I already have the door buster today, and the debut and even featured are not discounted much, even with the DAZ+ pricing discounts, etc

Today is even worse, I guess. If I'm not mistaken, yesterday, there was a Daz+/Premier bonus rebate for featured artists; today, nada.

Not that I remember. Only for buying new release, and it's still there. 

But there was because I made a purchase, and the other day, the prices of items I didn't buy were almost doubled. You had to buy a new item though... It wasn't "free."

EDIT: and, today, it's back, but compared to what prices were during the PA sale, it's like "yeah... whatever..." It's only good to buy cheaper some Daz+ items.

EDIT 2: I just don't get why it works with some items and, with others, it doesn't... For instance, I've added this Ruffle Swimsuit for Genesis 9 Ruffle Swimsuit for Genesis 9 -- listed as a new item. Then, I go to the Featured Artists page ("All Kingdom of Artirst") and filter it to show only Daz+ items (just because I'm interested in them, but the same would apply to any other item). If I add, for instance, this Tubo Hotel, listed at $0.81, it goes to my cart costing $0.41 (kinda weird, because it's more than the 40% rebate), but, if I add this  KOO Clyde HD for Genesis 9, listed at $3.60, it goes to my cart costing the same $3.60, that is, no rebate at all... Is it a bug or am I missing something? Weird, weird...

Yeah it's broken since day 1 of the sale. 
    For + members only best of Daz and classics categories work. 

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 100,099

What exactly is broken?

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 9,023

This has been the slowest start of a PC/PC+/DAZ+/Premier sale that I can remember, and that would be true even with NOT including the disastrous mess that is the Premier roll out.  I've already owned all but one of the doorbusters and the prices on new items have been consistantly higher than comparable items in the PA sale... even on DAZ Originals with a full load of tokens.  If it wasn't for the DAZ+ for a day items I'm not sure if I'd have bought nothing, but at least there have been at least two or three of those a day that have been worth buying whatever the cheapest new DAZ original to get those.     

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,994
    edited October 12

...the only items I purchased so far this sale have been the weekly freebie and Monday's Daz+ offering (an environment). 

All the Door Buster items so far have been, G9 human related as well as the subsequent daily Daz+ items (all a "no sale" for me).  The items in Premiere for a Day sale (formerly Daz+FaD) have been rather uninteresting and to get a deeper discount on anything requires a Debut Release buy-in (correct me if I am wrong, but I remember in the recent past, "Still New" releases also unlocked additional discounts and deals).

For many years this used to be my favourite sale of the year, howeverit now pales to the Annual PA sale as it's pretty much become like any other "run of the mill" Daz sale (save for the fact a "Debut" Daz+ item is also valid for unlocking discounts).

My current Daz+ annual membership  expires next July and I simply can't justify 120$ a year to continue it on my meagre income, particularly as it offers no new benefits or specials for the steep markup per year.(and becausr it is now a monthly month to month subscription, no more discounts as stated in the FAQ thread).

I figured Daz would be the last place I would ever see something like this implemented.  I was proven wrong. 

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • Prices are slightly higher for me today on the than at the beginning of the sale on the artist stores, but I haven't been keeping a particularly close eye on the sale so far so can't say what it is. If I calculate out my Daz+ discount and calculate in a Premier discount, prices are near to what I was seeing on day 1 and 2 of the sale (still a smidge higher, but within a percent). Still new discounts look broken, but that's probably for the other thread.

• theflarftheflarf Posts: 144

It's been a good sale for my wallet! After last month so i'm not too bothered.

As someone who has no interest in Gen9 anymore, any new character/outfit stuff for them is a no buy.

So all the door busters have been misses yet, always on the look out for a fun/interesting enviroment

First lesson for Premier members learned the hard way: never use your Free Character Bundle coupon at the beginning of the month...

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,914

rokkr said:

First lesson for Premier members learned the hard way: never use your Free Character Bundle coupon at the beginning of the month...

well, it appears useless to me. i dont need an anima cartoon character.-- especially when it appears some of the stuff will only work while a premier member, and it needs to be downloaded/installed through smart content. not happening for me. 

• NathNath Posts: 2,790

daveso said:

rokkr said:

well, it appears useless to me. i dont need an anima cartoon character.-- especially when it appears some of the stuff will only work while a premier member, and it needs to be downloaded/installed through smart content. not happening for me. 

As far as I can see only the Dark Elf character is exclusive to Premier. And the shaders should work in general not just on the character. Of course you're right, if you're not interested in anime/cartoon style renders, there is no point in buying any of it anyway. 

• rokkr said:

Yeah, although I have no particular interest in making anime characters right now, it would have been nice to let people at least know this was an option when Premier launched. It definitely wasn't clear that more character packs would be added throughout the month, so I and I'm sure many others went ahead and claimed one. Feels like the people who jumped on the promotion early are being punished a bit.

On the plus side it's nice that a free, quality toon shader finally exists! Looks pretty good imo.

• benniewoodellbenniewoodell Posts: 1,965

Scoremonger said:

rokkr said:

Yeah, although I have no particular interest in making anime characters right now, it would have been nice to let people at least know this was an option when Premier launched. It definitely wasn't clear that more character packs would be added throughout the month, so I and I'm sure many others went ahead and claimed one. Feels like the people who jumped on the promotion early are being punished a bit.

On the plus side it's nice that a free, quality toon shader finally exists! Looks pretty good imo.

In the thread for Premier on the first day, Daz_Steve said to hold onto your coupon because there was a character bundle coming this week that would be something completely different that the coupon would work for. I know it's daunting to see like 50 pages or whatever worth of comments, but he did say it once or twice. 

• XiousDsXiousDs Posts: 339

Scoremonger said:

rokkr said:

In the thread for Premier on the first day, Daz_Steve said to hold onto your coupon because there was a character bundle coming this week that would be something completely different that the coupon would work for. I know it's daunting to see like 50 pages or whatever worth of comments, but he did say it once or twice. 

Daz_Steve said it in this thread too, about 2 or 3 pages back.
  • TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 3,252

I guess vicky toon is what Daz_Steve was talking about.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 100,099

daveso said:

rokkr said:

Without any prior knowledge I would expect there to be at least one more bundle this month, though it might well be a Micky 9 to match Vicky 9

• Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,413

daveso said:

needs to be downloaded/installed through smart content. 

Don't like this either, Have never been able to get Smart Content to work on ant of my machines, maybe because I do not want and won't allow Studio to connect the web 

edited October 11

daveso said:

rokkr said:

Nah... You don't even need to be Daz+ member. It's all shipped in the Daz 4.23 (.1 also, I guess) and the Genesis 9 Starter Essentials update (for the G9 Base Anime characters and their add-ons, materials, etc., but the shaders are in the Default Resources).

EDIT: and there's also the new and improved Filament Draw Options Node in the create menu (which, of course, works not only for toon filamente renders, but for any filament render and, also, the preview).

Post edited by rokkr on
    edited October 11

benniewoodell said:

Scoremonger said:

rokkr said:

I think I oversaw this... Well... Living and learning... $13.47 will be the punishment for my stupidity... I like the Pixie 9 that I got too though I'd probably only get the character if it weren't for the coupon (since I already had the pants)...

EDIT: overlooked, I mean... I guess I overlooked my English too... :P

Post edited by rokkr on
  • rokkr said:

benniewoodell said:

Scoremonger said:

rokkr said:

I think I oversaw this... Well... Living and learning... $13.47 will be the punishment for my stupidity... I like the Pixie 9 that I got too though I'd probably only get the character if it weren't for the coupon (since I already had the pants)...

It's not your fault - it's not reasonable to expect people to sift through forum posts (in a thread that may or may not have information that affects them) just so they can understand what they're buying.

• CO3DRCO3DR Posts: 159

The fourth panel of today's scroll advertises Bundle Upgrades 60% off. I like "topping off" my bundles sometimes, but the "Shop Now" link doesn't help, and adding some of my favorited Bundles to my Cart don't show the discount.

What's the deal?

Screenshot 2024-10-11 143314.png
    1540 x 782 - 2M
  • LeanaLeana Posts: 11,562

CO3DR said:

The fourth panel of today's scroll advertises Bundle Upgrades 60% off. I like "topping off" my bundles sometimes, but the "Shop Now" link doesn't help, and adding some of my favorited Bundles to my Cart don't show the discount.

What's the deal?

I don’t see that offer on the sale page today so I'm not sure it's still supposed to work, but the link to the bundle upgrades category was this yesterday: https://www.daz3d.com/bundle-upgrades

I've been messing with my cart today trying to get best bankg for the buck..and with my $10 Premier coupon, and 8 tokens I believe there is success. When I put today's DAZ+ item, the cart went from nearly $40 down to $14 ... Blew my mind. I added on more item, but that rasied the price to $25 ... I think $14 is the sweet spot for me... losing all my tokens but my goal is to grab the biggest bang while this Premier deal is active. 

love this cart.jpg
    1297 x 1217 - 258K
  • doubledeviantdoubledeviant Posts: 1,128
    CO3DR said:

What's the deal?

The upgrade offer only applies to characters from the selection of mini-bundles offered to Premier members:

https://www.daz3d.com/premier-characters

I, too, made the mistake of thinking the offer might be geared toward all of us. But hey, it's the Premier sale now - no longer the Daz+ sale. Really says it all right there in the name.
  • JumbotronJumbotron Posts: 100

daveso said:

I've been messing with my cart today trying to get best bankg for the buck..and with my $10 Premier coupon, and 8 tokens I believe there is success. When I put today's DAZ+ item, the cart went from nearly $40 down to $14 ... Blew my mind. I added on more item, but that rasied the price to $25 ... I think $14 is the sweet spot for me... losing all my tokens but my goal is to grab the biggest bang while this Premier deal is active. 

Very nice cart. That 99 percent discount on the Walter 9 Pro Bundle is impressive. 

Jumbotron said:

daveso said:

Very nice cart. That 99 percent discount on the Walter 9 Pro Bundle is impressive. 

that one really surprised me. Really hard to pass up. I won't laugh 

• NotAnArtistNotAnArtist Posts: 380

murgatroyd314 said:

"Welcome to the Platinum Club Anniversary PC+ Daz+ Premier Sale! To start things off this year, we're offering a 70% price increase to keep the same benefits you already have, or a 200% increase for slightly more benefits! Oh, and remember how this sale usually has a nice discount on annual membership renewals? That's not happening this year; in fact, we're getting rid of the annual membership entirely. You will pay full price every month going forward, and you will like it or else. And by the way, you know that useful plugin you've been patiently waiting to buy? It's going to be locked behind a monthly paywall forever."

I posted a somewhat naive comment here a couple of days ago, because I felt it was fair for these changes to come in a time of increasing economic problems.

I still feel that way, but you're right about these changes breaking some beloved features that we've enjoyed and looked forward to over time.

What I would say to the Daz3d bigwigs is, please don't behave as Photoshop did - please don't let this become a situation where fewer and fewer things are available to the average users, while a select group of more well-to-do professionals get the goodies, leaving the rest of us with the scraps. [I'm still using Photoshop 6! - and GIMP]. I don't play their games.

I think we need to wait it out and just watch the spectacle as it develops. It could smooth out and remain as I've assumed it was, mostly for low and average income hobbyists. They've been a spectacular partner for us in this area.

• benniewoodellbenniewoodell Posts: 1,965

rokkr said:

benniewoodell said:

Scoremonger said:

rokkr said:

I love the Pixie 9 character! That's a great toon style character to have as well, so the coupon was well spent :) Maybe the fillatoon shader would look great on her too, I'll have to try that! 

• XiousDsXiousDs Posts: 339
    edited October 12
    I am more curious how the shader would work on default characters like Victoria 9, Michael 9, Olympia, etc before any interest in Vicky 9. Vicky 9 looks like she would be good for folks who want to make Manga looking type stuff with the appropriate style eyes and stuff, but it seems like you could pretty easily be able to simulate the character with the toon essentials since Manga aesthetics are not that complex. It's not like the difficulty of trying to portray a believable real looking person which is where much of the HD and fancy high quality gen 9 skins come to play.
    Post edited by XiousDs on
  • XiousDs said:

I am more curious how the shader would work on default characters like Victoria 9, Michael 9, Olympia, etc before any interest in Vicky 9. Vicky 9 looks like she would be good for folks who want to make Manga looking type stuff with the appropriate style eyes and stuff, but it seems like you could pretty easily be able to simulate the character with the toon essentials since Manga anesthetics are not that complex. It's not like the difficulty of trying to portray a believable real looking person which is where much of the HD and fancy high quality gen 9 skins come to play.

Mada started a Q&A/tutorial thread in this forum that I believe has some posts about this topic. 

• I think folks would be happier with Daz if they'd started this sale with the Vicky 9 & FilaToon.