New Daz 3D Gallery Launches!

Comments

• DAZ_ann0314DAZ_ann0314 Posts: 2,817
    edited February 2021

Summerhorse said:

DAZ_ann0314 said:

Tutorials on all the new features will be coming soon!

(Check back to this post in the next day or two heart)

Many of us are having issues, when you post your tutorial, please post the size images allowed!

I will. The first tutorial covers general browsing and base features and will be up shortly here (like in 15 min) That said, there will be another on uploading images and using your personal gallery. I was just waiting while they got more of the fixes through. 

I am not sure on size restrictions. I do know it will only take specific file types which are: 
    .jpg, .jpeg or .png

Dimensions wise up to 6000x6000 seems to work. 

What is the MB of the image in question?

Post edited by DAZ_ann0314 on

Daventaki said:

I was able to publish an image but as you add products it starts cutting off areas of the screen. 

Firefox 85.0.1

Can you try hitting the left and right arrow keys on your keyboard when it happens and see if that allows you to move to see those areas? (I'll see if I can reproduce and report I just want to see if the arrows would work for now) 

junk said:

DAZ_ann0314 said:

junk said:

On #4: Do you mean albums within albums? I just want to be sure I understand. 

Yes sir!  That's exactly what I meant to say and should have taken a little more time in my thoughts. 

I've passed the suggestion along.  

• DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,621

DAZ_ann0314 said:

sueya said:

I've just realised one of the items in my "Daz items used" is wrong How do I delete it?

At the moment, you could flag your own image to the Gallery Moderation Staff and under reason request that store item be removed. That said, I will report that since I just went and looked and since its not visible to you if you purchased it, it also seems to mean you can't see it in edit. For the time being though feel free to flag it and add a note. If you want you can put For Ann: Please remove xyz product on the image "report" in the additional info box and I'll take care of it heart

You can delete items that have been added by clicking the box then hitting the backspace key. BEWARE it will remove all if you hit it too times and also theres no way to remove say one in the middle without deleting the ones on the end. 

• DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,621

DAZ_ann0314 said:

Daventaki said:

I was able to publish an image but as you add products it starts cutting off areas of the screen. 

Firefox 85.0.1

Can you try hitting the left and right arrow keys on your keyboard when it happens and see if that allows you to move to see those areas? (I'll see if I can reproduce and report I just want to see if the arrows would work for now) 

Does not work.

Daventaki said:

DAZ_ann0314 said:

Daventaki said:

Firefox 85.0.1

Does not work.

Thanks for checking that for me. I'll get this reported smileyheart 

• CricketCricket Posts: 437

I didn't read through this whole thread, so appologizes if this has already been answered but is there no way to view images we've "favorited" anymore?

I've added a video tutorial to the first page of the thread now. There will be more but this is just to get you started smiley Of note, the video is indexed so if you want to skip sections, just hover over the play bar at the bottom (red bar) and you can see the different sections of the video. There is also an index in the video description as well.

Criket said:

I didn't read through this whole thread, so appologizes if this has already been answered but is there no way to view images we've "favorited" anymore?

Not at the moment (unless I have somehow overlooked it) We can put in a feature request on it though.  

• akmerlowakmerlow Posts: 1,124
    edited February 2021

Wow, didn't expect that! Interesting, will look into how galleries are now. They look cool. Thank you and congratulations.

Though, from a quick glance - i really hope very hard that you can list all images that you "liked", because i "favorited" hundreds, if not thousands of other peoples' works and will not be able to find them again without ability to browse my favs.

edit:

"Links to store products" also hopefully would return, together with descriptions. I see how linked products look now, nice.

Same with "search in name" / "search in authors" etc.  Search is important, so hopes are high. Often i looked into galleries to see what people do with products and they often convinced me to purchase in the end.

Edit 2:

Also have to note, that it loads slower on no-so-fast internet. Or maybe server load is hight currently.

Edit 3:

On item's page you don't see the date it was published?

Post edited by akmerlow on
  • sueyasueya Posts: 826

DAZ_ann0314 said:

sueya said:

I've just realised one of the items in my "Daz items used" is wrong How do I delete it?

At the moment, you could flag your own image to the Gallery Moderation Staff and under reason request that store item be removed. That said, I will report that since I just went and looked and since its not visible to you if you purchased it, it also seems to mean you can't see it in edit. For the time being though feel free to flag it and add a note. If you want you can put For Ann: Please remove xyz product on the image "report" in the additional info box and I'll take care of it heart

I have done as you suggested. Please can you also remove my comment. My image is called "Relaxing in the Brooklyn Apartment " I have noticed that when I view the image the only "item used" I see is the one I don't own. Is this correct?

• sueya said:

DAZ_ann0314 said:

sueya said:

I have done as you suggested. Please can you also remove my comment. My image is called "Relaxing in the Brooklyn Apartment " I have noticed that when I view the image the only "item used" I see is the one I don't own. Is this correct?

Yes, currently - we have pointed out some reasons that it may not be desirable as a feature request for being able to see all items.

• SorelSorel Posts: 1,390

I wonder if there is maybe a file size limit. I was trying to post an image that was 1.9mb and it would not publish for a few days, well I lowered it to 1.1mb and suddenly it just worked.

• RichardCRichardC Posts: 17
    edited February 2021

Geffe said:

Kind of disappointed that there is no option to follow artists you like. Seems like an odd omission.

Totally agree! 

https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/user/5364928772833280#gallery=popular&page=1

Post edited by RichardC on
    edited February 2021

Alias52 said:

junk said:

3) I was hoping that there would be a limit on how many images one person could upload at one time.  Not really a glitch but I see one person has already done 13 images in one sitting making it unfair for everyone to get a fair shake at being seen.

Oh dear lord, yes please. I understand that people have a backlog of lovely art that they want to share but, since some people are so excited about it that they want to share an entire gallery page at once, perhaps a hard limit is a good idea. Or maybe it will calm down in a few days...

Another "totally agree". And these two posters -- junk and Alias52 -- are two of the artists I want to follow. It's distressing that there's no way to do that.

• Richard Haseltine said:

sueya said:

DAZ_ann0314 said:

sueya said:

Yes, currently - we have pointed out some reasons that it may not be desirable as a feature request for being able to see all items.

So does that mean that there is no plans to show all the items listed? Or that this is the preferred way going forward?

Sorry, your reply was a bit cryptive and if the "Products Used" is functioning as intended then I probably won't be using the Gallery much. Seeing how other artists have used products I already own was a fundamental reason why I would browse.

edited February 2021

Jason Galterio said:

Richard Haseltine said:

sueya said:

DAZ_ann0314 said:

sueya said:

So does that mean that there is no plans to show all the items listed? Or that this is the preferred way going forward?

Sorry, your reply was a bit cryptive and if the "Products Used" is functioning as intended then I probably won't be using the Gallery much. Seeing how other artists have used products I already own was a fundamental reason why I would browse.

Sorry for the multiple posts tonight, but this is another really important issue that I feel strongly about. We need to be able to see all of the products that an artist says they've used in an image, whether or not we already own them.

https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/user/5364928772833280#gallery=popular&page=1 ;

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,164

I've been informed that all the fourm links to gallery images will remain broken. Boy, that is bad news. no Neither the forum nor the gallery were supposed to be affected by the store change. crying 

• Jason Galterio said:

Richard Haseltine said:

sueya said:

DAZ_ann0314 said:

sueya said:

We have passed the suggestion on, we don't know if it will be adopted.

• Jason GalterioJason Galterio Posts: 2,562
    edited February 2021

Richard Haseltine said:

Jason Galterio said:

Richard Haseltine said:

sueya said:

DAZ_ann0314 said:

sueya said:

We have passed the suggestion on, we don't know if it will be adopted.

I aprreciate that. I don't want to sound overly dramatic, but the lack of this makes the gallery absolutely useless to me. I've made it a point to keep detailed lists of the items I use just for this site...  As a way to "pay it forward" for both the asset creator and other artists.

Hiding things makes the gallery just a poor substitute for the store. Makes it feel like no more than a marketing ploy.

Post edited by Jason Galterio on
  • barbult said:

I've been informed that all the fourm links to gallery images will remain broken. Boy, that is bad news. no Neither the forum nor the gallery were supposed to be affected by the store change. crying 

A link to your "Popular Page" works, though... which seems like an ideal way to close any forum comment. Just go to your gallery and copy the hyperlink, like I've done below.

• And it's been mentioned before but bears repeating: When you click on "My Gallery" under "My Account", it takes you to the Trending page of the General Gallery. The only way to get to your personal gallery is by clicking on "Galleries" and then clicking on "My Albums".

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,164
    edited February 2021

RichardC said:

barbult said:

A link to your "Popular Page" works, though... which seems like an ideal way to close any forum comment. Just go to your gallery and copy the hyperlink, like I've done below.

I don't understand how that addresses the problem at all. The problem is that people have linked specific gallery images in forum messages, to illustrate a point or show off a product in use. All of those forum message now have empty broken image icons instead of the formerly linked image. Here is an example. The linked gallery image is no longer visible in the forum message, and Daz does not plan to fix the problem that they created.

Gallery broken links in forum.jpg
    927 x 644 - 27K
    Post edited by barbult on
  • Seems like a lot of short sighted decisions are being made... DAZ seems to be forgetting how the images in the forum drive sales. And that the gallery itself, helps customer engagement.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,586

..is there or will there be a way to shuffle images around, such as in order when they were done? 

• Jason Galterio said:

Seems like a lot of short sighted decisions are being made... DAZ seems to be forgetting how the images in the forum drive sales. And that the gallery itself, helps customer engagement.

Agreed.

• Roman_K2Roman_K2 Posts: 1,206

Richard Haseltine said:

...I seem to be able to start typing a product name and it offers auto-complete options.

????

I don't see any place to start typing.

Not sure if I am thrilled about the "categories" eg. Female, Gothic, Horror etc.

Surely it is of use to Daz if there are product names eg. you see something like a fashion image, you are very likely to want to know what hair or what makeup that is.

Just sayin'

• Fae3DFae3D Posts: 2,425

Well, I just uploaded a few images, and I must say, it wasn't hard!  I like the submission page, it seems clear to me and easy to use.  And once again, I LOVE the dark page look, so much easier on the eyes.  Well done, everyone!

• Alias52Alias52 Posts: 284

RichardC said:

Jason Galterio said:

Richard Haseltine said:

sueya said:

DAZ_ann0314 said:

sueya said:

Sorry for the multiple posts tonight, but this is another really important issue that I feel strongly about. We need to be able to see all of the products that an artist says they've used in an image, whether or not we already own them.

Completely agree here. The issues with editing items you have added is silly. So many are very similarly named that it is no surprise that we accidentally pick the wrong one, so we should be allowed to just remove at will. As for not seeing the items we own. That is ridiculous. Whilst seeing great images can inspire me to buy items, seeeing items I own used in new and interesting ways also inspires me to make things and often leads to more purchases, as I buy things to tweak what I have already made.

• O.K. after some minor Problems, i managed to use the galleries now! It is not a miracle anymore! But my Artistname is my old one and I cannot find a way to report this to the staff! So please ist there an admin who could force the change of my name from Allibaba to AlfRaMusic?

Thanks in advance!smiley