Darwins' Schtuff

Comments

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770
    edited September 2017

Yeah. Thanks for that. Now I have to go take a cold shower. Hot, hot, hot!

PS The veins and musculature are awesome on him. *fans self*

Post edited by Llynara on
  • Ha.  Thank you! ;)  Ball ping is coming- gotta find it in the library.  This is his 3/4 Body Shot.

Wow...

Your girl looks awesome can't wait to see her when she is finished!

You've been very busy lately!

• Always! Thank you!

I will be creating Sal's skin; he's wearing Alexander's atm.  At least I know the tone I'm going for-that's it. lol

• Per Dar's request- a humble sample of my attempt at  writing:

There was a twisting sensation in his gut; something ill defined though the meaning was not lost to him. For the first time in months he would leave the house late in the night, wearing the shadows like a demon being. Intent, purpose and design all fell to the destruction of his soul, and the end of another’s life. 

‘You do what you must, you do not enjoy it. You spared an innocent soul of having to do the same. Do you not think He will forgive you?’ Eventually he had gone silent during the conversation with Alistair. Many of their talks ended much the same. No. There is no redemption for his soul, not unless all he has been taught to believe is a lie. 

His heart should be pounding, staggering out a loud staccato that would wring his nerves and blind his judgement. His hands should be shaking, tension filling his frame to the point of pain. His mind should be a jumble of incoherent thoughts and misgivings. His Christianity should impugn the decision being tucked in a black pack. 

So many things that should be will never be.

A hand ducked to the selection of clothing to the right side of his walk in closet. The black cargoes had been folded with such care one might think they were cherished. Taken from the hanger, the pants slid over his arm. Seductive material, urging him onward into the blight. 

He bends, head caressed by so many fingers of material. A sensual sensation suddenly swims through his bloodstream. Irish blues do not look up; heedless of the touches begging him to chose another. Black boots are found muted eye sockets and toe sporting dulled metal. Duplicate pairs wait in the same area, screaming their derision at not being chosen the favorite.

Subtle motion turns him on a leg not long ago having lost its worth. The route taken so many times now fulfills a destiny he cannot deny. Second drawer from the bottom of his dresser is opened; the sheen polish of the wood gives him back his reflection; ignored. Long, black sleeve cotton is withdrawn, added to the growing pile. 

He will don his armor when the time comes.

The reflection in the mirror is no longer himself. A warrior of old whose time and place has long since past subtly shifts to curl his lips. The face is mutilated, scared and harried. Its knowledge surpasses any of that the young one can claim. They will succeed. There can be no failure or denial of the secret past currently haunting. 

Details whir in a blur through a mightily trained mind. Calculations, movements, schedules and habits have all been recorded. The battle plan readied; there is only the moment to ride to consider. 

Dulled Glock is taken from the lockbox hidden in a panel to the side of his bed. No slumber or rest will be his this night. Fingers sweep their blind expectations over the weapon before it is added to the cache in waiting. A longer arm must be made to extract the next combatant. 

Any possible reflection from the long blade has long since been worn away. Its sheathe is lifted as arms curl back for an expert lacing behind strong neck. Palpable, the raise of pulse if for a moment. A lover returned home as the leather fits itself to his spine. 

One last reach into the sanctuary of destruction pulls free varying lengths of deadly silver wire. Loops at the ends are tested before being dropped, added to the pile with its promising vengeance. They will be slipped beneath his collar when the time comes. 

So young a man to know of such weapons of death.

Silence is the chosen battle cry. For too long the verses have been ignored. The call comes in a rush of undeniable pleasure. Anticipation quivers the corners of his sensual mouth. 

Arms lift once more, removing the proof of his claimed beliefs. Crucified, he will not carry the emblem into this war zone. Lips press to cold metal, staring at the greatest of soldiers before the bauble is slipped into a box at bedside. 

Is not He the only to be resurrected? Is not He the only to pass judgement? Neither cruel nor harsh, the greatest battlemaster of all time. It is not in His name this crusade is taken up. All talk of redemption sloughs from his soul as if never mentioned. 

He will pay for his sins in time. 

A sound jolts him from his preparations. The vibrating over the collection of tools brings him to the now. Cold, dead eyes shift as the phone is lifted. Joyful, innocent and bright comes the voice from the other end. In an instant his voice once more finds the tremor of true life. “Hey baby sister, you calling for your good night?” 

He is spared a moment from the icy cold, sliding to skin if only for a moment. 

Destruction will wait though will not be denied. 

Respite.

• Thank you- I still love reading this.  Never dulls.

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770

Ooh, that is creepy! Is he a killer for the mob or a ninja guy? Sounds like he's either Italian or Japanese. Maybe a Vatican ninja!

• I had chills just reading that.  Sounds kind of like reading about a hired assassin, but the whole thing had a very seductive feel to it.

• Great writing Oliver, loved this phrase "wearing the shadows like a demon being" descriptive, and creepy and almost visual. 

Loving the new peeps Darwin, and the whole "she's a surprise" thing is killing me!!! 

• My s/o definitely has a talent for writing! XD

So- staring on Sal's skin.  This is the face so far- there's more things to fix, and I'm debating at leaving stubble on him (He IS Sicilian, after all) or using it as a secondary option. I dunno.  Anyway, it's just started on this first installment.  There's other little tweaks to do, and some fine lines to add to the ones I've already added.  His brother, Gio, will have more since Gio is the oldest of the second gen.

Main eye coloring is finished-need to tweak the lacs, however.

Stopped the render at 50% converged. Time to get ready for work.

• I love the stubble but the option to remove it will probably make him more versatile 

• Sounds like the beginning of a great story! I'm thinking he must be a demon hunter, or some type of supernatural hunter....

I like the stubble as well but I agree that having it as an option makes him more versatile

• Hi folks,

He is a mob enforcer and related to Salvatore.  In our writing- he is the head of the "3rd Generation".  He is my favorite character to write.  ::snicker:: He is also another challenge for Dar ::gauntlet tossed::

Thank you for the kind comments!

• O.o  Another one?  Ya killin' me.  

I just (I think) finished the base for Sal's body.  Gonna test that out now. >.>  Killin' meh.

• Torso materials- there are a few things to tweak, but those will wait until I get the arms/legs done and I will then work on those and the seams. XD Right now, he's 85% or so photo resources.

• Sal is comming along great Darwin.

I think he would look more gangsta if he were to have maybe a bullet wound or maybe a knife scar to show his toughness or to show ranking in the mob scene!!!

BTW: I think some tats are also in order (Say maybe some snake like or guns with skulls)

• DarwinsMishapDarwinsMishap Posts: 4,087
    edited September 2017

Thank you!  He has the one scar so far on his ribcage, there will be another along one collarbone eventually. XD  Sal doesn't have tats, but I may end up doing one or two simple ones for him for options.  I'm rendering the arms now. Let's see how well I matched the skin tone. lol

Post edited by DarwinsMishap on
  • DarwinsMishapDarwinsMishap Posts: 4,087
    edited September 2017

So-the arms.  Not bad.  Need to deseam his hands, and I haven't done the nails yet other than slap William's on him for now.  That'll be tomorrow night, along with the legs and gens and deseaming everything before moving onto scars, veins, eyes and such.

Post edited by DarwinsMishap on
  • And the back view- looks like I left a mask on the torso when I saved it.  That'll have to get fixed. lol  Another tweak to the list of "to dos"

• Very excited to see Jeroyn in the store today.  I'm looking forward to playing with him.  :)

• Yes, me too and thank you very much for the free character! Iain was one of the few I don't have yet so I was very happy!

Sal looks great so far! 

• Yes, me too and thank you very much for the free character! Iain was one of the few I don't have yet so I was very happy!

Sal looks great so far! 

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get a free character.  Already owned them all.  However, I do like the thought and I'm very happy that having a free character might have encouraged more people to try DM's guys.  Hopefully, that translates into more sales.  Fingers crossed.  :)

• Aw-thank you ladies!   I do appreciate your support, kind words and input a great deal.  I wanted to give back in a way that would benefit my customers.  I'm sorry, KM, that you couldn't use that bogo.

• Aw-thank you ladies!   I do appreciate your support, kind words and input a great deal.  I wanted to give back in a way that would benefit my customers.  I'm sorry, KM, that you couldn't use that bogo.

Hey, that's okay.  I still get a great character!  :)

• Glad you like him!~

• I don't buy characters much anymore and I've wanted an excuse to justify buying some more DM boys for a long time. This deal was so good I couldn't miss it.

• lol- well, thank you!  I do appreciate it.  Hope they come in handy.  

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479

I'd like to say thank you, as well. Jeroyn went into the cart moments after I opened the sales page. Took me a bit longer to decide on my bogo, (Damen!)

smiley yes heart

• You're very welcome- I'm glad you could get an extra!

Working on Sal still- the legs are done (finally) and I have deseamed his base.  Gotta get the gens, and onto scars..........and save the base morphs (head is custom, body is G3M body morphs) and add a few independant custom morphs to the body to add a bit more of the shape I want (that will work on G8 as well), like thicker knuckles, and smoothing out the dip along the top of the base of his ribcage under his pecs.  Then veins in the base skin (and his own vein displacements), then scars, MAYBE a tat or two (no make up for this guy) and eye colors.  

This is with one of DT's HDRI's (One of the park environment maps) and I am doing two more with different rigs that will be posted before going back to work. Sicilain SPAM.

• Studio 1 lighting:

QA Real World Sun/Sky lighting (I used Rome, Italy, at 2 PM, of course)

This discussion has been closed.