Post Your Renders like it's the year 2020!!!

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,037

click video

is too frigging hot here still so I render cooler climes

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

refractions are kewl too!

• MarkIsSleepyMarkIsSleepy Posts: 1,496

Made this for the weekly(?) PC forum challenge using the new Dragon Hunt product.  I think this is the most frequent result of a dragon hunt. laugh

"Be Honest, Is There Something Stuck In My Teeth?"

Carrara native render with surprisingly little adjustment in Photoshop - mostly just adding the DOF using the depth pass, adding a little extra glow to the eyes and some very minor tweaking of the shadows. 

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,323

Well... being honest, yes, there appears to be something in your teeth... but I don't think that's the most of your worries right now. Someone seems to be trying to kill you! Off to the left... back over there... it's a cave. Perhaps you could duck in there for a bit?

Cool Dragon! I like how you've used the Depth pass to assist with DOF, and then still kept it a subtle effect. 

Vyusur said:

Many thanks to Misty! Now my avatar morphing works in Carrara with pose controls. The main problem for me is very long saving. Maybe I must save all internally?

Looks a lot like you, doesn't it? So... do all of the shape dials we might buy for G3 work on those?

Wow!!! Lots of wonderful renders all!!! Damn!

In my absence, Rosie asked if I needed anything from Daz. Of course, I said, "Yes", and she gave me a small amount to work with. It was a very small number. I checked the Flash Sale area and couldn't believe my eyes... Faveral had some items that I've been wanting since he made them for just the right price for me to be able to get one - so I got the Lake Village.

Like I say in the gallery description, this scene is drag 'n drop. I deleted the lake water and stored the sky dome in my browser before deleting that, because I loaded it into the Woodlands base scene day, then got rid of the primary terrain and brought in some of the smaller terrain pieces along with the large one, which I duplicated three times into the distance. I selected all of the village buildings and duplicated them, then grouped the duplicates and pulled them back to deepen the village, then duplicated that group and sent it up stream which, with just those two duplications, made the village seem much more expansive.

The ships are really cool and it comes with two with their sails up, so I had to put them into the foreground, right? They still need some people... I ran out of time. I have many ideas for thos scene - it's far from finished.

I love the Carrara Pro Ocean primitive! I also love the light refraction we can get from Carrara. Well... Carrara... it rocks... I love it!

Could be a painting.  Great reflections!

Thanks for all the WIP details.  This may be an odd comment, but the ships were nicely posed as well.

Thank you. I had fun posing the ships! To do so I acually imagined their cargoes and speed and then moved them along and rotated them as if I was animating them. The larger merchant vessel in the left foreground is actually behaving a bit nose-heavy, which was intentional. 

head wax said:

Wow!!! Lots of wonderful renders all!!! Damn!

In my absence, Rosie asked if I needed anything from Daz. Of course, I said, "Yes", and she gave me a small amount to work with. It was a very small number. I checked the Flash Sale area and couldn't believe my eyes... Faveral had some items that I've been wanting since he made them for just the right price for me to be able to get one - so I got the Lake Village.

Like I say in the gallery description, this scene is drag 'n drop. I deleted the lake water and stored the sky dome in my browser before deleting that, because I loaded it into the Woodlands base scene day, then got rid of the primary terrain and brought in some of the smaller terrain pieces along with the large one, which I duplicated three times into the distance. I selected all of the village buildings and duplicated them, then grouped the duplicates and pulled them back to deepen the village, then duplicated that group and sent it up stream which, with just those two duplications, made the village seem much more expansive.

The ships are really cool and it comes with two with their sails up, so I had to put them into the foreground, right? They still need some people... I ran out of time. I have many ideas for thos scene - it's far from finished.

I love the Carrara Pro Ocean primitive! I also love the light refraction we can get from Carrara. Well... Carrara... it rocks... I love it!

that's a beaut render Dart, almost classic in the traditional sense, love the soft muted colours

it's good to see the diversity of your subject matter and the way you incoorporate atmosphere

Stezza said:

+1 on that yes

Thank you! I'm actually relying upon the atmosphere a lot now - mainly for those muted color effects. Blasting a lot of light through the atmosphere lights it up, while the sun light detrmines the colors at various angles. Plunk in the top 5% of a large volumetric cloud and we get that much more thickness of the air, and then Gamma Correct of 2.2 tends to bring out real-world illumination.

I also find that the reliability of these things makes scenes so much easier and faster to set up.

Wow, stringtheory, that really is cool! I have a feeling that the Hanger fits into the bays of the Antares... I'll find out eventually ;)

Being naught before bed, I decided to crank out a quick scene and render. Time to crash though.

This was my first experience with wrapping U, but not V, and only on the floors. Great kit (Castle Hallway) though... loaded and saved really fast. Easy to tweak shaders... I like it! :)

Thanks Dart!

This so doesn't look like a "quick" scene and render! I love the mood and atmoshpere you capture in your renders. They certainly all have the very recognizable, cool and mysterious Dartanbeck signature. The lighting and mood in this one is stunning.. pure art Dart!

agreed with stringtheory, moreover the facial expression is stunning

Cool, Thank you both! I'm going for a bit of a unified look and feel and have set most of this up over the past few years to make it easier for me to  stay consistent. It really was very quickly thrown together. I had very little time, and some conversations I've been in have driven me to compare my Generation 4 heroes with my Genesis 2 heroes, and I've noticed some spectacular differences where the realism of the modern figures come with a massive 'time' hit. They seem to take forever to load and work with and save - whereas my Generation 4 heroes are very reliably fast to load, work with, save and render. This will not deter me from moving forward. I'll keep trying to find ways to work with the modern figures. But I'll always have to come back to my trusty Generation 4 when I'm in a hurry!

These LoRez folks from Predatron (the Ninja, in this case) are also considered Generation 4 and bring with them that added speed all around as well. 

Where the Realistic Sky has been providing me with atmosphere in my outdoors scenes, my new method of volumetric lighting takes over in my interiors - again... suoer fast to set up and use - especially now that I have a system worked out ;)

Fun!

Hey, thanks everyone for your kind words. Very inspiring to get such nice comments!

Oh... and in regards to the facial expressions, this is another thing that my Generation 4 figures have going for them, for me. I have a decent collection of expressions for them that I've really grown to enjoy using. I do have some nice expressions for my Genesis 2 figures, but in their case there are a lot more dials that I'll never use and less of those that I really want to rely upon, like those that I have for V4 especially. I'd like to have some more for M4, but the ones that I already have for him are very expressive and easier to use. 

Gets me to want to hurry up and get all of the Generation 4 content I really want ASAP before the day comes when I cannot find them at all! It's already impossible to find Awful Soul, Aery Soul, etc., V4 products... really a major bummer!

• UnifiedBrainUnifiedBrain Posts: 3,588
    I had very little time, and some conversations I've been in have driven me to compare my Generation 4 heroes with my Genesis 2 heroes, and I've noticed some spectacular differences where the realism of the modern figures come with a massive 'time' hit. They seem to take forever to load and work with and save - whereas my Generation 4 heroes are very reliably fast to load, work with, save and render. This will not deter me from moving forward. I'll keep trying to find ways to work with the modern figures. But I'll always have to come back to my trusty Generation 4 when I'm in a hurry!

Ha!  I was just going to congratulate you on the realism of your genesis 2 character!  Totally fooled me.  It just shows that M4 has a lot of life left, and in the right hands he can be pretty darn realistic (in animation too, as demonstrated by stringtheory9).

I have the same experience as you with genesis.  Really slows everything down.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,037

yes its all the unused morphs

I must look in my notepad if I can strip them out somehow for the notebook hack thread

• VyusurVyusur Posts: 2,235
    Vyusur said:

Many thanks to Misty! Now my avatar morphing works in Carrara with pose controls. The main problem for me is very long saving. Maybe I must save all internally?

Looks a lot like you, doesn't it? So... do all of the shape dials we might buy for G3 work on those?

It refers to the time when I had long hair. Now I am looking much more like on the image «after».

As for Janette and Johnathon, they support not only all those Kenji-Menji but all the morphs that I created for them at the moment.

go-bald.jpg
    1000 x 640 - 125K
    Vyusur said:
    Vyusur said:

It refers to the time when I had long hair. Now I am looking much more like on the image «after».

As for Janette and Johnathon, they support not only all those Kenji-Menji but all the morphs that I created for them at the moment.

she looks brilliant!  heart  chez chic

i been saving with the locally option.
    but, havent tried saving with hdri in scenes.

1 thing seems to speed up a little bit, copying the texture maps i'se using from ds,runtime,textures to my rara folders, saves rara a few seconds having to dig thru the ds folder.  my hdd noisy, can hear it scratching.

stiction, lol.  my fist hdd was 200mb, 5 1/4 floppy, 2400 baid modem. next closet purge, must let it go.  kept in case of wild urge to play ultima underworld

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964
    edited March 2017
    Vyusur said:
    Vyusur said:

Vyusur just found your Saatchiart page. nic e work in traditional mediums as well

Post edited by Headwax on

Misty, thank you a lot!

Thank you, Head wax! Now I am walking through the Carrara period, not blue or pink... And as for mediums, now I prefer to paint in Japanese style: sumi-e and etc.

A not so long way from the city

An apple picking minute

Doc3.png
    1280 x 720 - 1M
    Doc1.png
    1280 x 720 - 1M
    Vyusur said:
    Vyusur said:

I thought so. She does look a lot like you! Hair or no hair... exception being that the real you looks much better  ;)

I agree with Head Wax, you do incredible art. Truly magnificent!

th3Digit said:

click video

is too frigging hot here still so I render cooler climes

Kick Ass video, Wendy! Love the Dolly Zoom! 

I had very little time, and some conversations I've been in have driven me to compare my Generation 4 heroes with my Genesis 2 heroes, and I've noticed some spectacular differences where the realism of the modern figures come with a massive 'time' hit. They seem to take forever to load and work with and save - whereas my Generation 4 heroes are very reliably fast to load, work with, save and render. This will not deter me from moving forward. I'll keep trying to find ways to work with the modern figures. But I'll always have to come back to my trusty Generation 4 when I'm in a hurry!

Ha!  I was just going to congratulate you on the realism of your genesis 2 character!  Totally fooled me.  It just shows that M4 has a lot of life left, and in the right hands he can be pretty darn realistic (in animation too, as demonstrated by stringtheory9).

I have the same experience as you with genesis.  Really slows everything down.

Thanks Man! Yeah... I like the whole 4th Gen line-up still. Agree that the new are better, but still like these too! ;)

th3Digit said:

yes its all the unused morphs

I must look in my notepad if I can strip them out somehow for the notebook hack thread

I was going to experiment:

Manually download certain Genesis (whatever version) shapes and install them into an individual library, and repeat for other shapes. For example, make a separate My Library for only the items I want to use the create and support my Genesis 2 Female Rosie character - only the shapes I need, only the clothing, hair, textures, etc., and then call it My Rosie 6 Library.

Each such library would also need at least the bare-bones Genesis figure of the correct version. But since the principle is to keep the overall morph dials to a minimum, we could go further with the same library and include specifics for a Genesis 2 Male character, Genesis 1 character, and a Genesis 3 of each gender. If that was the case I'd of course name the library different than the main example... but....

I'm just wondering if that would indeed limit the number of morph dials on the specific Genesis figure, or if CMS database would auto-add anything we had installed. Worth a try for those currently working toward making a specific Genesis character.

One of the things that I like better about Generation 4 is the INJ/REM system.

They say that the dials don't actually add weight to the character unless they're changed from 0.00, but they're still there, in the list. Sometimes my reasoning for being specific on which morphs I install has more to do with a tidy collection of dials rather than a RAM weight issue.

Anyway, I really think that my above experiment would work as a benefit.

Dartanbeck, thank you for kind words!blush

• wgdjohnwgdjohn Posts: 2,634

Was finally able to model my vertex "B" and keep it all Quads.  Not as great as the incredible renders I've see here... thought I'd show it off a bit.

Letter_B_10_Playtime.png
    1280 x 631 - 1M
  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125

Be-autiful.

Here is a quick render I did with my March budget.  TangoAlpha's product for City Hall.

Kewl!  Gotta love Tim's products... anything created to work natively in Carrara is a must buy!!

I agree!

I feel sorry for the guy though. Looks like he's having one helluva day :(

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584

Yeah, I've had days like that!

edited April 2017

Today, the urban sophisticates have invaded my neighborhood.  These days, that means a celebration of craft beer, defined as brewed by anyone but Imbev.  Couldn't help getting a little nostalgic for the urban sophisticates of the 1960s, or at least at how they were portrayed. 

Youtube inspiration.

My lighthearted render.

zz fosse 1.jpg
    1640 x 1230 - 72K
    Post edited by Diomede on

Diomede, I really enjoyed the video and you did a great illustration!

Thank you, Vyusur.

• Hermit CrabHermit Crab Posts: 839

Even though it's shockingly late, I decided to post these efforts which are done only in Carrara.

The figure is V4.

There is one bulb near the front and a spotlight with the 'light cone' option - which I know next to nothing about except it gave me some rays.

Regards to all and thanks for the amazing renders in this thread.

FinalVersion.jpg
    1280 x 960 - 977K
    FinalVersionB.jpg
    1280 x 960 - 944K
  • Hermit CrabHermit Crab Posts: 839

I decided to show an early version with less clutter and a brighter bulb.

Doc2b.jpg
    1280 x 960 - 890K
  • VarselVarsel Posts: 574
    edited April 2017

Trying to make some Space Scenes.

The rocks are Vertex objects that I created using cubes, surface-duplicated and boolean together. Then ad smooth... (some cleanup required)

The dust is Primvol Fog.

Then there is a invissible form to Surface-Replicate the astroids and dust on.

Doc1.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
    Post edited by Varsel on

Varsel,  Very good. Playing with Boolean ehh... that explains the cleanup... but it was well woth it.   I was going to ask what that egg was until I scrolled down to see the actual pic... lol.

This discussion has been closed.