Post Your Renders like it's the year 2020!!!

Comments

• VyusurVyusur Posts: 2,235

3DAGE, great work! I especially like your belly dancing animation. It is very realistic and amazing!

• UnifiedBrainUnifiedBrain Posts: 3,588
    3DAGE said:

another explosion test#

Looking great, 3DAGE!  Tempting me to start Phil's animation course earlier than planned. smiley

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311

Thanks all :)

Most of this is a mix of animation and physics simulation (dynamic motion synthesis) , done in another program (endorphin),. then exported as BVH for M4,..and rendered in carrara.

The belly dancer was all aniblocks from DS, transfered to carrara to test the VWD Cloth sim,. versus the dynamic cloth thing in DS

but please don't let that put anyone off learning animation.,.. or physics :)

here's a free set of animations from an earlier test

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/7907045/Squad_2_anims.zip

they're in PZ2 (poser pose format),. so you can unzip them into either Poser or DS : ....or just a folder you can locate with carrara

Runtime\Libraries\ Pose (your folder)  all for M4,. but should work on V4, S4, F4 etc.

3DAGE said:
    here's a free set of animations from an earlier test

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/7907045/Squad_2_anims.zip

they're in PZ2 (poser pose format),. so you can unzip them into either Poser or DS : ....or just a folder you can locate with carrara

Runtime\Libraries\ Pose (your folder)  all for M4,. but should work on V4, S4, F4 etc.

I suspect that you are being very generous, but I have no idea what these are, sorry.

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311

HI UB :)

They're Pose files,.  and icon image files (so they show up in DS or Poser or Carrara)

but instead of  a single "Pose" ,.. these are animated pose files (multiple frames)

load Michael 4 (or any generation 4 figure) into carrara,. browse to where those pose files are,. and load one onto the figure.

that will load the animation.

Here's a simpler method, ...

Carrara NLA clips

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/7907045/Squad_2_.zip

Extract these into your "My Clips" folder,. then you should be able to load them into any scene from your browser.

Your own folders will be in ,. My documents \ Daz3D \ Cararra \ My presets \ My Clips

hope it helps :)

Thanks for trying, 3DAGE.  But it will need to get even more basic than that for me to follow you.  That's why I bought Phil's course, and I will get to it soon.  Many things yet to learn, but I need to balance study with production.  There are tomatoes that still need rendering!

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 8,334
    edited June 2017

Doggie & puppy

Puppies 1 Topaz 800.jpg
    800 x 650 - 1020K
    Post edited by Bunyip02 on
  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125

Love this.  Is that background Jackson Field?  If not, which or how?  Also, did you render the background out first and add a shadow catcher?  Or, did you add the dogs to the set.  In any case, put me in a good mood this morning.  yes

Bunyip02 said:

Doggie & puppy

Diomede said:

Love this.  Is that background Jackson Field?  If not, which or how?  Also, did you render the background out first and add a shadow catcher?  Or, did you add the dogs to the set.  In any case, put me in a good mood this morning.  yes

Bunyip02 said:

Doggie & puppy

Hello Diomede, glad you liked it.

It is Howie Farkes Country Lane Autumn. Dogs were added to the scene.

https://www.daz3d.com/country-lane-super-bundle

https://www.daz3d.com/millennium-dog-bundle

https://www.daz3d.com/millennium-puppy

Regards Bunyip

Experimenting with Lens Flare

edited June 2017

Temple

Temple 1 Topaz 800.jpg
    800 x 450 - 478K
  • PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,144
    3DAGE said:

another explosion test#

Wonderful work!

Stezza said:
    head wax said:

superb Stezza (did you model the spit?) or are you going to tell me it's a morphed hurricane :) small joke

of the many fighter planes  me dad flew the spitfire wasn't one of them.. he was a dedicated Hurricane fighter pilot and then for light entertainment flew the Vultee Vengeance...

He also flew the Lysander dropping & picking up the ( top secret ) spies from behind the lines.. not to mention the Mosquito.. he wasn't one that liked to conform however and as many times as he reached flight sergeant he would get demoted again for telling pen pushing officers where to stick it. devil

I think I picked up that Hurricane model from VP or maybe it was Schell... I have both of them.

I modelled the Vultee Vengeance as I can't find one anywhere. smiley

The 20mm shells I modelled from memory, dad had two of them on display in the house from his Hurricane and when he passed away I couldn't find them anywhere and no one knows where they went.. very strange!

That's quite a range of classic aircraft - you must be very proud of him.

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964
    Bunyip02 said:

Doggie & puppy

terrific !

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964
    PhilW said:
    Stezza said:
    head wax said:

superb Stezza (did you model the spit?) or are you going to tell me it's a morphed hurricane :) small joke

of the many fighter planes  me dad flew the spitfire wasn't one of them.. he was a dedicated Hurricane fighter pilot and then for light entertainment flew the Vultee Vengeance...

He also flew the Lysander dropping & picking up the ( top secret ) spies from behind the lines.. not to mention the Mosquito.. he wasn't one that liked to conform however and as many times as he reached flight sergeant he would get demoted again for telling pen pushing officers where to stick it. devil

I think I picked up that Hurricane model from VP or maybe it was Schell... I have both of them.

I modelled the Vultee Vengeance as I can't find one anywhere. smiley

The 20mm shells I modelled from memory, dad had two of them on display in the house from his Hurricane and when he passed away I couldn't find them anywhere and no one knows where they went.. very strange!

That's quite a range of classic aircraft - you must be very proud of him.

wow, I am in awe ! I had a chap in the other day exwingcommander, used to fly Vampires? missed out on training in Mustangs by 'that much'

• magaremotomagaremoto Posts: 1,226

testing the layers list shader function on G3F skin

normalization and desaturation in post

16.jpg
    720 x 960 - 62K
  • magaremotomagaremoto Posts: 1,226

final shot with a little more sebum layer

337.jpg
    2700 x 3600 - 1010K
  • stringtheory9stringtheory9 Posts: 411
    edited June 2017

WIP on dynamic hair brows and beard (M4).

Rendered with the Carrara Photorealistic renderer. 

The ZIP file below contains 2 car files that can be dropped onto M4 to add brows or beard.

zip
    zip
    M4BrowsAndBeard.zip
    3M
    render3.jpg
    1600 x 1133 - 740K
    Post edited by Chohole on
  • DUDUDUDU Posts: 1,945

Excellent! Thank you!

The skin is very realistic too...

• wgdjohnwgdjohn Posts: 2,634

yes  Thanks... look great stringtheory.

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125

Love the eyebrows, stringtheory.

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,988

sweet ... thanks for this yes

Very nice beard and brows, thank you!  For some reason, when I put the brows or beard in the scene, Carrara wants to open an HDRI called "Trainstation."  But I just cancel it, and everything works fine.

• You're welcome guys. 

UnifiedBrain, thats interesting. That's the HDRI file I had in my scene when I dragged the beard and brows into object browser. Who knew it would include a path to the HDRI file being used in the overall scene. It's not needed for anything to work so canceling out is fine. 

On a side note I have realized something about vendor face bump maps. It seems that they invert the image from the eyes up. This I'm sure is to make the eyebrows bump out rather than in but the side effect of that is that the bumps and wrinkles on the forehead are not correct. In the render above I inverted the map above the eyes in Photoshop and match the tone to the lower part of the face along with some cloning to smooth the transition. The results are a much more realistic forehead bump!

• DaleHardmanDaleHardman Posts: 27
    edited June 2017

I have been with out a computer capable of running Carrara for a few years so this is my first image now that I am back. It is Lighting Challenge #4 from Jeremy Birn's 3drender.com. I created the glass in the window, the clouds, the 2 wallpaper objects pealing away from the wall and used a Carrara Terain and the Plant Generator to make the trees. All shaders were created in Carrara. Carrara Native Render with no post work except for the Signature.

Lighting Challenge #0004-Final.png
    2560 x 1080 - 2M

A very atmospheric image.

edited June 2017

Posted this image in the commons and then before I knew it.... pooooof!.... the whole thread was gonnnne!

spooky stuff that.. surprise

Can Be Removed.jpg
    800 x 600 - 350K
    Post edited by Stezza on
    Stezza said:

Posted this image in the commons and then before I knew it.... pooooof!.... the whole thread was gonnnne!

spooky stuff that.. surprise

Nice render Stezza.

Might be a case for Scooby-Doo and the Mystery Van in looking for the dreaded missing posts again.

edited June 2017

Spikey Dragon

Dragon Spikey 1 Topaz 800.png
    800 x 600 - 593K
    edited June 2017

Been fiddling with this... really like it... can you make it available for G & G2 as a product to buy?

@stringtheory9 I would purchase this as I think a lot of Carrara users woud. yes

WIP on dynamic hair brows and beard (M4).

Rendered with the Carrara Photorealistic renderer. 

The ZIP file below contains 2 car files that can be dropped onto M4 to add brows or beard.

This discussion has been closed.