Post Your Renders like it's the year 2020!!!

Comments

• wgdjohnwgdjohn Posts: 2,634

Kewl... Thanks!  Will have to go learn the curve filter.

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,144

Johnathon's face skin almost done; G3 maps look workable within carrara to get subtle realism

a little bit more contrast in post

Looks great - the stubble looks particularly good!

• stu sutcliffestu sutcliffe Posts: 274

I've not visited the forums for a good while.Been trying other rendering solutions ,came full circle and back on Carrara again!

Space Girl...

Barb002a60 copy.jpg
    720 x 960 - 197K
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,037

she looks like she means business and thats a creepy new Avatar you have Stu surprise

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125

You've got the best aliens, and alien fighters.  Love these characters, Stu.  Perused your portfolio at artstation. Great stuff.  Welcome back yes

I've not visited the forums for a good while.Been trying other rendering solutions ,came full circle and back on Carrara again!

Space Girl...

stu, Ach du lieber Gott!  great to see you posting... the round trip was worth it.

• UnifiedBrainUnifiedBrain Posts: 3,588

Stu, count me as another great admirer of your artistry.  I researched those early Carrara Challenges, and was introduced to your fine work there.

Hope you can find time to enter the next one.  I'm a new guy, but many old hands are still around and cooking.  For example, Stezza is the next host.

• stu sutcliffestu sutcliffe Posts: 274

Thanks guys.

I stopped doing the challenges , mainly because I could never fullfill all the rules and regulations! I dont like being told what part of my hobby I should do.

I will take a look at the latest one....out of curiosity.

I hosted one once. It was a nightmare of bureaucracy( for me)....it was supposed to be fun.

End gripe. over and out.

• UnifiedBrainUnifiedBrain Posts: 3,588

Stu, not everyone is cut out to do all the left-brained host paperwork.  I did enjoy it, but then again, my art pales in comparison to yours.smiley

There are now rules in place where you don't have to host if you win.  Glad you are taking a look.  Stezza will come up with something special.  He would probably also like a chance at revenge after he finished 2nd to you in Challenge #5.smiley

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,988

Thanks guys.

I stopped doing the challenges , mainly because I could never fullfill all the rules and regulations! I dont like being told what part of my hobby I should do.

I hosted one once. It was a nightmare of bureaucracy( for me)....it was supposed to be fun.

End gripe. over and out.

The next challenge ... number 33 will be so friendly you won't believe it.... anyone with Carrara can join in the festivities ... and have fun doing it

I'm still in the planning stages as it is hard to get it all together but hang in there it will be here dare I say it ... SOON!

Thanks guys.

End gripe. over and out.

I know the feeling.

I stress out over rules and hate filling out forms or any sort of work that involves listing sources, links or using a particular thing one way etc, life means one has to do such things but 3D for me is fun and escape from that.

Monetising on Youtube was a big enough stress that I ended up unmonetising nearly all my videos just about 5 I hate that are viral still are, bring in a dollar a month if lucky and if Youtube ever sends  out one of those grilling proof of it being my work emails again that ask the wrong questions such as which game are you showing in your video and ignore my answers that its 3D models from DAZ with EULA links invoices etc  they will go too.

I'd love it Wendy if you can do one of your dancing videos of the challenge when I post it wink

• magaremotomagaremoto Posts: 1,226
    PhilW said:

Johnathon's face skin almost done; G3 maps look workable within carrara to get subtle realism

a little bit more contrast in post

Looks great - the stubble looks particularly good!

thanks Phil, very good map from Anain

another try to test transmap hair

erik hdr.jpg
    1440 x 1920 - 348K
    edited May 2017

Just a simple model I've whipped up for all us CarrarArtists.  Shown below using a DCG shader, kewl,... currently tweeking Carrara shader for all to use in Carrara.

Post edited by wgdjohn on
  • DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326

That is Really nice work, wgdjohn! Very cool!

That shader is very nice. Eric W (DCG) is an amazing Master!

wgdjohn said:

... I've whipped up for all us CarrarArtists. 

Thank you! Quite an honor, my friend! yes

I dug out the native renderer for this

uhm slideshow

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,144

Looks like an impressive set - and great rendering!

Awesome, Wendy! yes

That is Really nice work, wgdjohn! Very cool!

That shader is very nice. Eric W (DCG) is an amazing Master!

wgdjohn said:

... I've whipped up for all us CarrarArtists. 

Thank you! Quite an honor, my friend! yes

The honor is all mine... I've gotton such great help from all Carrara Folks, yourself included :)... not to mention all the great modeling advice...  I'd not be where I am today if not all the help, advice and tutorials of all sorts.  Oh... Thanks for the compliment. blush

edited May 2017

Octane PMC Kernel ani of same camera shots but very rough only 30 samples, 'if I repost the previous Carrara one below you can play both at once and compare, the Octane one was a 30 min quickie

IMO the Carrara one kicks butt

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on

360 Octane direct lightning 

Awesome yes

That 360 stuff is pretty cool! ;)

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964
    edited June 2017

superb Stezza (did you model the spit?) or are you going to tell me it's a morphed hurricane :) small joke

Post edited by Headwax on
  • TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584

Looks like a Hurricane to me :)

Aye Matey there be a storm a'brewin.

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 8,334
    edited June 2017

Creech and Water Dragon

Creech 2 Topaz 800.png
    800 x 600 - 914K
    Post edited by Bunyip02 on
    edited June 2017
    head wax said:

superb Stezza (did you model the spit?) or are you going to tell me it's a morphed hurricane :) small joke

of the many fighter planes  me dad flew the spitfire wasn't one of them.. he was a dedicated Hurricane fighter pilot and then for light entertainment flew the Vultee Vengeance...

He also flew the Lysander dropping & picking up the ( top secret ) spies from behind the lines.. not to mention the Mosquito.. he wasn't one that liked to conform however and as many times as he reached flight sergeant he would get demoted again for telling pen pushing officers where to stick it. devil

I think I picked up that Hurricane model from VP or maybe it was Schell... I have both of them.

I modelled the Vultee Vengeance as I can't find one anywhere. smiley

The 20mm shells I modelled from memory, dad had two of them on display in the house from his Hurricane and when he passed away I couldn't find them anywhere and no one knows where they went.. very strange!

Post edited by Stezza on
  • 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311

another explosion test#

awesome animation....

now, if they were exploding tomatoes.... hmmmmm yes

This discussion has been closed.