Post Your Renders like it's the year 2020!!!

Comments

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 8,334
    edited May 2017
    ValleeAlpine2 Topaz 1000.png
    1000 x 722 - 2M
    Post edited by Bunyip02 on
  • yan716yan716 Posts: 4

All created in Carrara 8.5 Pro. With just a little bit post work in Photoshop

New shores.jpg
    2500 x 1000 - 1M
    Mountain view.jpg
    3500 x 1120 - 2M
  • StezzaStezza Posts: 7,988

Bunyip & Yan

Awesome renders smiley

100.png
    187 x 121 - 45K
  • DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326
    wgdjohn said:

yes  Dart, which EYEdeas 3+ are you using for your versions?   Would it perhaps be EYEdeas 3+ for Victoria 4 and Michael 4?  Hmm... should I also grab EYEdeas 3+ - Vol. 01 - Natural 1?  This is great that you are using the same eyes for 3 generations.  Keep up the great work... your hours of tweaking have paid off. :)

Yes, that's the one and the example above is using the Natural expansion textures.

These eyes in the Genesis figures are not the same as the ones in my V4 character. For V4 I'm using the figure which contains both eyes and it just conforms like clothing, plus she's got the version which is remapped to use V4 eye maps. EYEdeas 3+ comes with many options for that, so it's good to read the manual before starting, and then using it as a reference as you work.

If we're using the remapped version, we don't have a need for the Naturals expansion. I bought that because, well... I like to have a lot of options.

So when I built these eyes for Genesis, I decided to use the ones that use Arki's UV mapping which fits her textures, as well as to use individual eye figures, and parent them to the original eyes on the figure, which is a little more difficult to get right. I used Align to place the EYEdeas over each original eye, then scaled them to the right size (which is why it helps immensely to satisfy yourself on the character's final shape before starting this process) and then aligning a final time after resizing. It really wasn't hard.

Some notes to consider, EYEdeas eyes are spherical and Genesis eyes are not, so slight forward placement adjustments will be required after aligning. I didn't have any trouble, but I did play with this a bit to get them right. 

I'm working on an article with my advanced shader procedure, which really isn't very tricky. I just spemt a lot of time working out my own preferences, but as you know, we all have our own tastes ;)

Stezza said:

Bunyip & Yan

Awesome renders smiley

Absolutely! Love 'em! yes

• yan716yan716 Posts: 4

Cheers guys, i love enviroments, Bunyip's work reminded me i had a few renders in the galleries.

Gorgeous! I love them!

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584
    edited May 2017

https://www.daz3d.com/forest-drive
    Howie's Forest Drive, done really as a render speed test. 1920 x 1080. 3:24:02 (204 minutes)

ForestDrive.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
    Post edited by TangoAlpha on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,037

video

the first bit is DAZ studio iray (sorry)

the rest is Carrara a still using native engine then octane with the replication for the bullrushes messed up I must have accidentally moved it, is ok in original think moving my camera I messed it up oops!

was not watching render so only found out 8 hours later!!!

That's a LOT of rendering! Pretty cool, Wendy! yes

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125

+1  yes

That's a LOT of rendering! Pretty cool, Wendy! yes

• wgdjohnwgdjohn Posts: 2,634
    wgdjohn said:

yes  Dart, which EYEdeas 3+ are you using for your versions?   Would it perhaps be EYEdeas 3+ for Victoria 4 and Michael 4?  Hmm... should I also grab EYEdeas 3+ - Vol. 01 - Natural 1?  This is great that you are using the same eyes for 3 generations.  Keep up the great work... your hours of tweaking have paid off. :)

Yes, that's the one and the example above is using the Natural expansion textures.

These eyes in the Genesis figures are not the same as the ones in my V4 character. For V4 I'm using the figure which contains both eyes and it just conforms like clothing, plus she's got the version which is remapped to use V4 eye maps. EYEdeas 3+ comes with many options for that, so it's good to read the manual before starting, and then using it as a reference as you work.

If we're using the remapped version, we don't have a need for the Naturals expansion. I bought that because, well... I like to have a lot of options. 

[cut ... see original post]

Thanks Dart,  For the explanation.  I should have just grabbed both yesterday... could have had both for under $6... they were on some sale but I didn't realize it.

No worries. The eyes that come on the figures are actually really nice. I'm just on a different path.

I'm doing an article on those too. Busy, busy! ;)

Gotta git outta here!

Ken's new frog

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964
    edited May 2017

thanks for the heads up :) it looks like a h... 'livewire'

wow I didnt realise they had such a great cat too

Post edited by Headwax on
  • magaremotomagaremoto Posts: 1,226
    Vyusur said:

test on skin micro-reflections in presence of diffuse lighting, no postwork

Do you use 3d.sk reference 3d scan with it's own premade skin?

I've been using the maps provided within the package (http://www.3dscanstore.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=535) and playing around with them trying to achieve the best realism I can within carrara smiley

DB, very realistic eyes and skin, maybe a bit of translucency or red transparency to redden the shadows on the neck imho

here another shot to test the skin maps

Doc3.jpg
    3600 x 2025 - 979K
  • VyusurVyusur Posts: 2,235

Thank you for the response! Yeah, 3dscan is a child site of 3d.sk

Magaremoto, your renders are unbelievably realistic. It's hard to believe that Carrara's internal render can give such realistic picture.

edited August 2017

Found out today is Irish Heritage Day at Nats Park.  Taking my niece to the game tonight.  So I did a quick render because I was in the mood.  Uniform modeled in the vertex modeler and draped using VWD.

Post edited by Diomede on
  • PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,144

Nice work!

Vyusur said:

Thank you for the response! Yeah, 3dscan is a child site of 3d.sk

Magaremoto, your renders are unbelievably realistic. It's hard to believe that Carrara's internal render can give such realistic picture.

oh, I didn't know that 3d.sk site

thanks for the kind words but I must admit that without good maps I can't achieve realism within carrara, that's why you will see same scenes of mine quite often cheekyblush

with good maps and the shader editor and all the lighting tools within carrara you can get very close to photorealism

Doc4.jpg
    3600 x 2025 - 3M

Thanks, Phil

PhilW said:

Nice work!

another try to test skin reflection with soft lighting (sorry for that, only to show up carrara potential devil)

poor de-saturation in post

121.jpg
    2570 x 3600 - 660K
  • UnifiedBrainUnifiedBrain Posts: 3,588

Another stunner, Magaremoto!

I will be bugging you about this in the future, no doubt.smiley

smileyyes

Country NSW

• KatLadyKatLady Posts: 38

Since its "Revenge of the 5th"  here's a space render I made earlier this spring in Carrara, with postwork in Paintshop Pro.

Antares11final.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 83K

Nice!

Rough Side of Town

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,144

Stezza - love it - the frog is a wonderful addition!

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311

Some fun stuff...

This discussion has been closed.