Post Your Renders like it's the year 2020!!!

Comments

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326

Cool! yes

It's been a while since I've seen this stuff from you. I love it! Man, those poor stunt actors, eh? I mean... no matter what safety precautions we might take, that's still gotta hurt!

Bravo, 3DAGE! I love the way you do that!

PhilW said:

Stezza - love it - the frog is a wonderful addition!

I agree entirely. I love a lot of Stezza's work - and it often has to do with the details. But the whole feel of his imagery is often very attention-grabbing.

• SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,970
    Bunyip02 said:

I thought I had asked you this already but obviously not!  How long did VA take to load for you?   Nice render!  yes Silene

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,988
    PhilW said:

I agree entirely. I love a lot of Stezza's work - and it often has to do with the details. But the whole feel of his imagery is often very attention-grabbing.

Thanks Phil & Dart

appreciate the comments yes

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 8,334
    edited May 2017
    SileneUK said:
    Bunyip02 said:

I thought I had asked you this already but obviously not!  How long did VA take to load for you?   Nice render!  yes Silene

Hello Silene, thank you.

It takes approximately 30 seconds to load. However as it's a large scene, navigation around the scene is a bit slow.

I also raised the Foreground to have it clear of all of the trees. Found inputting into the motion tab gave the best result for a slow response.

Regards, Bunyip

EDIT: I just deleted the Forest Detail Fill and that removed the trees in the foreground. Saves having to move the foreground.

Post edited by Bunyip02 on
  • stringtheory9stringtheory9 Posts: 411
    edited May 2017

Almost done with her eyes.

eyes.jpg
    1749 x 825 - 378K
    Post edited by Chohole on
  • evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050

Really nice workm on those peepers!

• UnifiedBrainUnifiedBrain Posts: 3,588

Really nice. You and Magaremoto are definitely on my "bug these guys for realism tips" list for when I finish Phil's basic course..

Thanks evilproducer and UnifiedBrain! 

Very, very nice, stringtheory!

Thanks Dart! 

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,988
    edited May 2017
    PhilW said:

Thanks Phil & Dart

appreciate the comments yes

This is so good I'm sure I can see my own reflection if I look closely yes

Post edited by Chohole on
  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125

Not only are the eyes great, but I am sold on the eyebrows.  Great job, Stringtheory9

Thanks Stezza and Diomede!

• magaremotomagaremoto Posts: 1,226
    edited May 2017

great work stringtheory, it could add more realism to my Misty's Janette (very first skin test) smileyyes

no postwork

Doc4.jpg
    2400 x 3200 - 491K
    Post edited by magaremoto on

w.i.p.  2 more tests on Janette lit by an hdr map and a soft area light:

on the left micro reflections with fresnel filter on, on the right micro shininess, no fresnel effect possible

endless possibilities with the shader editor smiley

52.jpg
    2400 x 3200 - 590K
    41.jpg
    2400 x 3200 - 508K
    edited May 2017

great work stringtheory, it could add more realism to my Misty's Janette (very first skin test) smileyyes

no postwork

Thanks magaremoto, your Janette is looking really good already!

The changes I've made are fairly simple. The first thing I did was pull the eye surface into the middle of the head to get rid of it. One less transparent layer to render!  I'm not sure if anything beyond V4 has that so it might not apply to newer models. Next I bulged the cornea. There is a cornea bulge morph for V4 but I wanted to make it more dome like. That's what make the reflections realistic. I then added refraction to the cornea which give the iris texture a natural magnification look. For the refraction I found water works well. It also fills the dome with the iris texture when viewed from the side, as it looks in RL.

I flattened out the iris aligned it with the inner edge of the sclera. I then extended the outer edge of the iris, at an angle, below the inner edge of the sclera. I then created an alpha mask to blend the inner edge of the sclera into the outer edger of the iris behind it. I also had to shrink the size of the pupil since the refraction of the cornea enlarges it quite a bit. I enlarged the pupil bulb to make extra sure it looked dark. I created a bump map for the sclera in photoshop by adding noise which i then blured and set the contrast so the the bumps were not too extreme.

For the tears I made the outer face concave instead of a tube. I then created an alpha mask to make the part that intersects with the sclera transparent. Without that the HDRI lighting caused some black artifacts at the intersections.  For the lacrimal I extended the edge that touches the eye further into the eye and then created an alpha mask to fade the pink into the white of the sclera. I set reflection on the cornea, tears, sclera and lacrimal to about 15 but I think that value needs to be adjusted based on the unique lighting setup. 

I also created a morph that stretches the light part of the iris texture so that the dark ring in most of the iris textures can be hidden behind the sclera so that an eye without the dark ring is also possible.

irisring.png
    1400 x 602 - 990K
    Post edited by stringtheory9 on
  • MarkIsSleepyMarkIsSleepy Posts: 1,496
    edited May 2017

Wow @stringtheory9 those eyes look amazing!

This is a carrara render for the May 3- May 16 PC Inspiration challenge. I've been wanting to make a full medieval city from all the pieces I have for a while and decided to test part of it out for this render. The buildings are mostly from Favarel's Medieval City https://www.daz3d.com/medieval-city plus some extra town and castle pieces from other sets.  The mountains are from Valle Alpina https://www.daz3d.com/valle-alpina by Howie Farkes. laugh

Post edited by MarkIsSleepy on
  • wgdjohnwgdjohn Posts: 2,634

That is great looking and deserves to win.

MDO2010 said:

Wow @stringtheory9 those eyes look amazing!

This is a carrara render for the May 3- May 16 PC Inspiration challenge. I've been wanting to make a full medieval city from all the pieces I have for a while and decided to test part of it out for this render. The buildings are mostly from Favarel's Medieval City https://www.daz3d.com/medieval-city plus some extra town and castle pieces from other sets.  The mountains are from Valle Alpina https://www.daz3d.com/valle-alpina by Howie Farkes. laugh

Thanks MDO2010 laugh

+ 1 on you desrving to win. I want to visit your town!

thanks for sharing that stringtheory, really useful and neat yes

here the final shot of Misty's Janette, with micro reflection and micro shininess applied simoultaneously

a bit of contrast in post

1.jpg
    720 x 960 - 189K
    2.jpg
    720 x 960 - 245K
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

looks nice shader!!

if her hair were a lighter ginger she ready for a multipasssmiley

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584
    edited May 2017

Faveral's Licorne in PhilW's realistic seas. I had a go at Toon! Part III, but I was rather disappointed. I probably need to tweak the shaders on the ship too - this is how it imported. I'm after a painterly look, cos it's to go into a pub sign prop, so Filterforge in Photoshop is going to be my next stop. Anyway here too is the photoreal version mocked into my wip . . .

Doc6.jpg
    1280 x 960 - 511K
    Doc9.jpg
    1280 x 960 - 404K
    Sign1.jpg
    800 x 1000 - 532K
    Post edited by TangoAlpha on
    Mistara said:

looks nice shader!!

if her hair were a lighter ginger she ready for a multipasssmiley

thank you Mistara,

actually I just tweaked the P3D Cordia shader a little bit

here a wip:  the first try on your Johnaton with Anain's Erik skin applied

Doc3.jpg
    720 x 960 - 82K
  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125
    edited May 2017

Too busy to retire.    Wanted to play with Petipet's dominator dropship and 3DUniverse's toon Gramps.  Gramps's space suit fitted with VWD.

Unretired WIP.jpg
    800 x 1067 - 59K
    Post edited by Diomede on
  • MarkIsSleepyMarkIsSleepy Posts: 1,496

Here's another one with the Dominator Dropship.  I really like this model. laugh

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,144

That looks suitably menacing!

Johnathon's face skin almost done; G3 maps look workable within carrara to get subtle realism

a little bit more contrast in post

121.jpg
    1800 x 2400 - 394K
  • wgdjohnwgdjohn Posts: 2,634

thanks for sharing that stringtheory, really useful and neat yes

here the final shot of Misty's Janette, with micro reflection and micro shininess applied simoultaneously

a bit of contrast in post

What do you mean by micro?  You might, probably did, in - Post Your Renders - #6: 57 day to Halloween - are you ready

Since you cannot push the bump map beyond a certain limit to avoid unrealistic skin roughness, you need to simulate skin micro reflection and micro shininess (due to pores, puckers, sebum and bumps)  in another way, by enhancing the contrast of the related maps via the curve filter. The provided G3 maps are enough detailed to try this imo

This discussion has been closed.