Post Your Renders like it's the year 2020!!!

Comments

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

Just finished an animated render...a crude experiment but may spark ideas...no doubt easier to achieve in a 2D compositing app, but this is Carrara so, lots of possibilities because... we can!

Probably could be just a flat subdivided plane over the camera 'lens'

interresting.   is caustics on?

Stezza said:

No, platypuses are shy and like to stay in and around their watering hole... smiley

smiley

• DesertDudeDesertDude Posts: 1,235
    Mistara said:
    interresting.   is caustics on?

No, just a straight render. 

• GreybroGreybro Posts: 2,493

Experimenting with low lighting and IRay. Used some longer render times and larger image width and height to eliminae the fireflies.

A Working Dinner

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,988

@Mistara had me grooting in Carrara

so I had a go at modeling this guy ( Carroot )

Stezza said:

@Mistara had me grooting in Carrara

so I had a go at modeling this guy ( Carroot )

groot cuuute!

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964
    edited September 2017

hey Stezza, that's a coool character - thise birds ? Rons or that new flock model with crows and gulls, or something else?

greybr0 -didnt know you could use Iray in Carrara!

Wendy thanks for the tips on the possum poo :)

DesertDude  great idea, Brian (RIP) and I had a chat about it once - he was trying to get a wider angle in the horizontal meridian - he was kicking himself when I suggested making a lens - as he was a photographer I believe. I have a video somewhere , I;ll dig it up.

Post edited by Headwax on

here's one

• DesertDudeDesertDude Posts: 1,235
    head wax said:

here's one

Those are some cool looking effects head wax, thanks for posting!

head wax said:

hey Stezza, that's a coool character - thise birds ? Rons or that new flock model with crows and gulls, or something else?

they are the new bunch that flocked into the store the other day by DZFire

one of the few new things that will work in Carrara ....

I'm still using my xPeria z2 for photos... no need for any upgrades at the moment or foreseeable future..

Rendered and modeled, rigged in Carrara... was an exercise last night after chatting to Head wax on Facebook.... time taken was 2 hours from start to finish.. I didn't make the tail long enough..

Carrara Rocks!

Stezza said:
    head wax said:

they are the new bunch that flocked into the store the other day by DZFire

one of the few new things that will work in Carrara ....

thanks yes I didn't buy them cause I wasnt sure - cheers !

Stezza said:

I'm still using my xPeria z2 for photos... no need for any upgrades at the moment or foreseeable future..

Rendered and modeled, rigged in Carrara... was an exercise last night after chatting to Head wax on Facebook.... time taken was 2 hours from start to finish.. I didn't make the tail long enough..

Carrara Rocks!

heya Stezza, that's marvelous - impressed by the hair as well as the modelling

head wax said:

here's one

Those are some cool looking effects head wax, thanks for posting!

pleasure thanks for bring it up  - loved your example

The figure is M4 and I used Mec4d Hercules hair on him yes

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 8,334
    Stezza said:

Carrara Rocks!

Love it !!!!!

Stezza said:

The figure is M4 and I used Mec4d Hercules hair on him yes

edited September 2017

test failed sorry trying to share a facebook video

Most times you can find a video on FB will also be on YouTube if that helps....

edited September 2017
    Stezza said:

Most times you can find a video on FB will also be on YouTube if that helps....

thanks Stezza, its a video I uploaded to a FB account which has no public access - I store images of paintings on it I like etc - in case I want to go and steal their ideas ( ;) )

but one image I posted here from the FB account is accessible - so not sure about the access after all -

if that make's sense!

totally makes sense 

Stezza said:

totally makes sense 

you're just saying that to make me feel good,

great render, torpedo is prettty subtle - until it hits I guess :)

• magaremotomagaremoto Posts: 1,226

first frame of my next clip

slight chromatic aberration in post

24.jpg
    3000 x 2170 - 1M
  • wgdjohnwgdjohn Posts: 2,634
    edited September 2017

I had a random idea just now, don't know if this has been done before, but I created a 'fake' lens to put over the camera and distorted the 'lens' geometry. I'm sure it is not grounded in any optic reality at all, but might have some interesting applications. 

The 'lens' is just a default clear glass shader (selected geometry) and the cylinder part is black.

Edited to add: Don't understand why the background turns black looking through the fake lens, but I'm sure there is a work around.

Possible work around would be to not use Background??  Try Backdrop pic or large plane with pic or shader settings on it.  I suspect that it's the clear glass shader being "black" for it's colour,,,  I've tried to add a len's with no luck... probably me but I'm blaming it on the pain meds. :)  First day home from re-hab after breaking my hip... oh what fun. cool

btw:  really nifty idea!... nice anim!

Post edited by wgdjohn on
  • wgdjohnwgdjohn Posts: 2,634

Stezza never ceases to amaze me with them kewl chars and pics.

Great thread here... nice to finally be back at computer.

Thanks John... smiley

this weekend's Work in Progress... still lots to do.. like axles and stuff

Modelling in Carrara
    Chitty

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 8,334
    Stezza said:

Thanks John... smiley

Modelling in Carrara
    Chitty

Gorgeous - looking forward to the end work !!!!

• JonstarkJonstark Posts: 2,738

first frame of my next clip

slight chromatic aberration in post

Looks strikingly realistic (not surprising considering how I'm always astonished at how excellent your lighting and texturing work is).  But when you say 'clip' does this mean you'll be making an animation?  If so I would love to see the animation when it's done.  :)

Stezza said:

Thanks John... smiley

Modelling in Carrara
    Chitty

Stezza that's crazy good! I spent a little time this weekend modeling too, but I can only barely limp around the vertex modelling room, somewhere just over the 'mentally disabled beginner' skill level.  :)  I was inordinately proud of figuring out how to make and texture a round window (pretty dang basic stuff, lol).  Oh well, I figure it's like anything else, got to just keep doing it and practicing to get better and better, but seeing this kind of work is very inspiring.  

In the recent thread about Top 5 carrara plugins, I picked Architools as one of my top 5, because I think it's immensely useful and generally fun to use, but it struck me I haven't really used it in a long time.  I wondered if maybe it would all come back to me like riding a bike, or whether I would struggle to relearn it.  Turns out sort of both things are true, some parts came back to me quickly, others I had to relearn, and in the process of tinkering I learned whole bunches of new stuff I didn't previously know about how to use Architools to the best effect.  So I didn't have a lot of free time this weekend, but I went to google and searched on 'suburban house', picked an picture of an interesting looking house, and decded I would try to re-create something similar.  

I made a few misteps, but Architools is pretty easy to relearn and makes it pretty quick and easy to put together a pretty close likeness of the pic I found (well at least the front of the house, which is all I could see in the picture; I had to guess at the back of the house).

I also modelled the round window in the vertex modeller.  Architools lets me insert a round hole for a window, but Inagoni doesn't include an example object of a window that would actually fit in the hole, so I had to make my own.  Oh and I made a plane for the grass with soft select to pull up little hills and subtle variations, and a cube for the driveway, if that counts as modeling (yeah, not really) but everything else was done in Architools.  It's interesting metally, like putting together a puzzle, to use the various Architools modelling tools to make a house similar to the picture I was working from.

Architools House 9.png
    1280 x 720 - 1M
This discussion has been closed.