Post Your Renders like it's the year 2020!!!

Comments

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    Stezza said:

Salvaged this one from the temp directory..... after a Carrara crash!!

how to train your pigeon?

tee hee, runs and ducks

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,988

doin' the pigeon ... lol

coo coo laugh

Chohole said:

That kid's nicked my spare club 

I knew you are of the older generation..... but..... prehistoric lol... devil

[runs and hides]

• magaremotomagaremoto Posts: 1,226

a quick comparison between cloudy fog mode (above) and distance fog mode (below), beautiful scene by Aako yes

Graphic1.jpg
    3000 x 2432 - 1M
  • UnifiedBrainUnifiedBrain Posts: 3,588
    edited October 2017

Nice!

Speaking of hyperrealistic, the current Challenge is looking for a few good ultra-real renders!  Can you contribute some some of your awesomely realistic textured characters?

Characters such as G8M, which you posted a few months ago:

Magaremoto G8M 6_30_17.jpg
    2400 x 2800 - 589K
    Post edited by UnifiedBrain on
  • magaremotomagaremoto Posts: 1,226

well UB, hard for me to drive out some elements of sexual attractiveness from G8M laugh

I see what I can do with one of my feminine heroines

tx for the invitation

Great Magaremoto, looking forward to it.

Either feminine or masculine is fair game.

Stringtheory8, DUDU, and other realism fans - you out there?

• JonstarkJonstark Posts: 2,738

Quick question: How do you post a pic so that it appears in the forum as something near full size?  Everything I post seems to always be turned into a mini-thumbnail.  At the same time I see lots of posts with renders that are much bigger than thumbnail size, so I know it must be possible...

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,910
    edited October 2017

Add the attachment then make your post. Then edit the post and get the url to that picture and post it into the body of your post. You can also put the picture up on the web or dropbox and just add the picture to the body by adding the link. You can also upload the image to the Daz gallery and get the url from there.

Post edited by frank0314 on
  • JonstarkJonstark Posts: 2,738

Thanks Frank, I appreciate the tip  :)

edited October 2017

Somehow, I thought that Dart had added a sticky about this, but I couldn't find it.

You may not need this level of detail, but others might.

There are some hoops to jump through.

Attach the pic, and save the post.

Edit the new post.

Go back to the pic at the bottom, right click it and select "Copy link location."  You've just copied the URL of the pic.

Click on where you want to pic to appear in the post, and select the "image" icon in the top of your editing toolbar - it's a square box with a landscape-looking thing in it.

In the Image Properties box that appears, paste the URL of your pic in the URL box

In the same Image Properties box, select the width (mods want you to stay at 800 or less for the width).

If you want the image to be clickable in the post (restored to its full size), then continue in the Image Properties box, and select "Link" at the top.  Put the same URL in the URL box.

No need to add anything else.  Hit save, and you should be good to go.

Post edited by UnifiedBrain on
  • TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584

If you post your original pic to the Gallery, you also have the additional advantage that other people can see and 'Like' it. smiley

• 0oseven0oseven Posts: 626

A fun Scene I named "Ratrace" [US vs Australia]. Made and rendered entirely with Carrara using objects and shaders from Carrara's built in library, a terraine and cloud

1_04_03_15_9_12_18.jpeg
    1280 x 720 - 452K

Oh forgot to say Rat's fur coat is Carrara Hair - very chic dont you think?

cool render... my money is on the rat of course.... gonna blow the other one away laugh

is that a firecracker with a stiff fuse at the pointy end of the rat's vehicle?

This is an escape capsule reached from inside the Ratmobile and the cracker is in fact a mini guidance system. - closer inspection will  reveal the adjustable jet nozzles . If this system fails then there is the bike  !!!

awesome.... we now expect follow up renders on their progress wink

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,144

Ooseven - Wacky Races!!

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125
    edited October 2017

Important to have a Plan B.  Long live the bike!  Great stuff.

0oseven said:

This is an escape capsule reached from inside the Ratmobile and the cracker is in fact a mini guidance system. - closer inspection will  reveal the adjustable jet nozzles . If this system fails then there is the bike  !!!

Post edited by Diomede on
  • DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326

Very cool, Ooseven!

Thank you one and all and thank you Dartenbeck for getting me to drag this out from the render closet and to inspire me to render something else as I think I still have the scene file.   I know made a couple of videos. Will see what comes of it when I get back from holiday. 

0oseven said:

Thank you one and all and thank you Dartenbeck for getting me to drag this out from the render closet and to inspire me to render something else as I think I still have the scene file.   I know made a couple of videos. Will see what comes of it when I get back from holiday. 

Awesome!!!

Two more from the archive. Mainly experimenting with oceans. Again ALL Carrara 

Licorne Fleet.jpeg
    1280 x 720 - 435K
    Licorne Fleet sunset.jpeg
    1280 x 720 - 333K

Wow. Very nice! I especially like this one, but both are great! I love tall ships!

+1 on that smiley

+1 on that smiley

Jonstark said:

Quick question: How do you post a pic so that it appears in the forum as something near full size?  Everything I post seems to always be turned into a mini-thumbnail.  At the same time I see lots of posts with renders that are much bigger than thumbnail size, so I know it must be possible...

When I attach an image,  yes it shows up as thumbnail but if then click on thumbnail it blows up full size.

• wgdjohnwgdjohn Posts: 2,634

When it blows up to full size you can use the URL for the actual image path... just add, not upload, a new image and fill in the blanks for URL etc. as UB outlined above.

0oseven said:
    Jonstark said:

When I attach an image,  yes it shows up as thumbnail but if then click on thumbnail it blows up full size.

Yup. So:

1. Right-click on the thumbnail and choose: "Copy Link Address" (link is to the full-res upload)
    2. Edit the post or start a new one
    3. Add an image to the post, which will ask for the image's url
    4. Paste the copied link into the field

While in that image tool, we can also set a specific size to show in the post. I try to not exceed a width of 900px. If I want folks to be able to access that full resolution, I go to the Link tab of the image tool and paste the link into there as well - so if someone clicks on the scaled down image (say I went from 1280 in width to 900), they'll pop up the actual size upload. Then we can select if that opens a new window or other options.

Also in the Image tool, we can cause text wrapping by selecting Left or Right in the drop-down at the bottom of the image tool. Just above that we can create some space between the image and text vertically and/or horizontally, as well as to put a frame around the image.

If we use text wrap as mentioned above, simply drag the image (within the post) to the point in the text you want the image to be placed, like before the first word in a paragraph, for example. If we've chosen "Right", even though we move the image before that first word, the image still wraps itself into the right side of the post - the text will form around it.

YouTube Videos - With the YouTube video playing, right-click in the video window and: Copy Video URL, then just Paste that url into its own line within a post. The video player will appear in your post, once submitted. So no need to copy embed codes or anything like that ;)

Tried to get a late 1950's early 1960's feel to this render.. The old shop in town..

This discussion has been closed.