Post Your Renders like it's the year 2020!!!

Comments

• UnifiedBrainUnifiedBrain Posts: 3,588

Well, I don't understand all the UV stuff, but this model looks a lot better to me now that you've shown what it can look like in Carrara. :)

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,989

very cool yes

• magaremotomagaremoto Posts: 1,226
    edited March 2018

Magaremoto - your normal excellence.  I hope that i can use your lighting techniques someday....

thanks UB, the journey will be exciting for sure laughyes

here a wip to tweak IL and G'MIC post processing within carrara; as you can see I succeeded in using both AO (first checked and then unchecked) and IL together

1.jpg
    3840 x 2160 - 6M
    2.jpg
    3840 x 2160 - 2M
    Post edited by magaremoto on
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

the tin pan carrara file has multipass set up  (not Leelu's mp smiley)

dunno how to use all those extra renders, looks interesting

posted this to the pc challenge smiley

infamous Tin Pan Alley, Charlotte 8 (toes invisiblewink)
    https://www.daz3d.com/forums/uploads/FileUpload/0d/242f6f8dcf3c96ebe8cf5b149ea5a3.jpg

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,037
    Mistara said:

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/uploads/FileUpload/0d/242f6f8dcf3c96ebe8cf5b149ea5a3.jpg

at least DAZ lets me see the image link even though it is in the PC forum yes

yes they all need footwear and hidden toes it seems

th3Digit said:
    Mistara said:

at least DAZ lets me see the image link even though it is in the PC forum yes

yes they all need footwear and hidden toes it seems

good to know. smiley  was afraid posting the image would disqualify it.

forum doesnt support newer monitor resolutions 2560x1080, forum wont let it u/p.

edited April 2018

added riding drakie to scene, converted blended weight

not really liking his head tho, thought he'd be cute like biguanna

Post edited by Mistara on

should we send out a search party to find Dart?

• kickajetkickajet Posts: 1

A long time Carrara user, I've been digging through my archives, and just want to share some of my better Carrara work, both from this year, and back through the last couple... be warned... I LOVE AIRPLANES!

These and other projects WIPs can be browsed at (https://imageshack.com/user/Japme)

Gloster Meteor

Fairchild Republic A-10 Warthog

Lockheed U-2

General Dynamics F-16 Fighting Falcon 

(A canvas print hangs in the 20th Fighter Wing Headquarters, at Shaw AFB, South Carolina.)

Chance-Vaught F4U Corsair 

McDonnell Douglas F-15 Eagle

Lockheed P-80 Shooting Star

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 8,341

Very nice !!!!!!

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

Umm,   excuse me,   those red planes are all upside down.

edited April 2018
    Chohole said:

Umm,   excuse me,   those red planes are all upside down.

doing syncronized loops

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on

the music stage set smiley

stageDoc6.png
    1920 x 1080 - 535K
    stageDoc7.png
    1920 x 1080 - 588K
    stageDoc8.png
    1920 x 1080 - 1015K
    edited April 2018

wip testing AO + realistic sky, provia filter in post

1.jpg
    3840 x 2160 - 3M

wip testing AO + realistic sky, provia filter in post

this looks real!

petals on the water are nice details touch. 

the sakura tree takes a long time to load. and save.  i like the way the tree rendered,
    did something wrong, looks like the horizon line on top of terrain.

just thinkin could put th petals in a particle emitter. project for another day

grassland terrain.  trying for a sprawling rolling pastureland, 

streets of the mediterranean, poser import.  surprised to see windows bricked up, or i messed it up, missed an opacity map

Doc12.png
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
    Doc8.png
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
    Doc4.png
    1920 x 1080 - 3M
    edited April 2018

thanks Misty, the set is the well-known forest lake by Howie Farkes, one of my all time favourite

here another shot, no post work

2.jpg
    2020 x 720 - 689K
  • I like the composition and Howie's set very much - but it still looks like a computer generated image maybe because the shadows seem too black. Either turn then down or add a very small amount of ambient lighting (with a touch of sage-green)?

Anyway beautiful image wink

• Mistara said:

streets of the mediterranean, poser import.  surprised to see windows bricked up, or i messed it up, missed an opacity map

I like the bricked up windows - adds a question in viewers' minds: "Why? Was there a windows tax? A battle? Vampires moved in (LOL)?"

Great images smiley

Selina said:

I like the composition and Howie's set very much - but it still looks like a computer generated image maybe because the shadows seem too black. Either turn then down or add a very small amount of ambient lighting (with a touch of sage-green)?

Anyway beautiful image wink

thank you Selina, very good analysis and suggestions, filmmakers maybe would add teal (or orange) filters but like I say often: good lighting is only a matter of good shadows

I'm going to try to use Indirect lighting instead of AO

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,989

a fly

edited April 2018

wip comparison between AO and IL, same lighting rig; about the render settings:

AO 300%, Sky Light 1%

IL 150 %, SL 7%

render time pretty the same but different resolution

AO.jpg
    3840 x 1370 - 2M
    IL.jpg
    2020 x 720 - 2M
  • These are beautiful images, but I can't help but feel that in the first the shadows are too dark (as I observed before) and the second the indirect lighting is too high perhaps and thereby lessening the impact of the mid-foreground figure.

Selina smiley

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584

The second image seems to have an overall greenish tint. I think it makes the trees look better, but the guy and the jetty look much better in the top one.

edited April 2018

thanks for the feedback, as for the shadows it's pretty hard to handle the softness in AO mode anyway on my main led monitor the first image looks the most realistic of the two, while on my laptop it looks too dark; here is the image with color and gamma correction pretty good for my laptop; I'm working on the second image yet, wanna try to put a purplish ambient light and see what happens

0.jpg
    3840 x 1370 - 2M

an Octane render when I was still trying out the volumetric clouds in Or3 for Carrara

only a few samples as was an animation 

B34C7D76-FB23-4490-8B87-C12AD3B5B7FD.jpeg
    1920 x 1080 - 783K

the video, probably shared here before as were the renders

different trees to Howies

• Persona Non GrataPersona Non Grata Posts: 1,365
    edited April 2018

Lighting - Old Style !

Some of the painting Masters of yesteryear started their epic works in black and white... I thought I'd do the same as an exercise !

The basic compostion with one direct light, two Poser manequins, one Poser stepped pyramid and a ground plane modified to add interest... Soft shadow and Camera depth of field too !

..now with indirect lighting (125%) and skylight (100%) using a bi-gradient in the Scene tab consisting of light grey (35%) through mid grey (65%) to black (100%) with basic ambient lighting set to 0%

Pyramic textured with a basic procedural shader consisting of a colour mixture with added 'Anything Goos' plug in and a bump mixture. The plane and manequins textured with Philmot's PBR plugin and texture maps tweeked by adjusting the tiling setting to achieve a believable result on the plane and changing the manequins' shader to cylindrical projections and altering the size as necessary...

This is a work in progress... and I would also like to thank magaremoto as a source of inspiration for my journey into lighting. I think I shall adopt the 'work in B&W first' approach it seems to add something... what do you think?

Selina

Post edited by Persona Non Grata on
  • Lighting - Old Style II

Still deciding what direction to take the image in... Sporting Theme !

I quite like the B&W as is...

​Selina

This discussion has been closed.