Post Your Renders like it's the year 2020!!!

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,037

this took 24 hours to upload to youtube surprise

it took a lot less to render and composite

I used the layers option in Octane on the room so it only recieves shadows which sped things up nicely considering is 8K x 4K pixels to get the HD 360 VR render

had to use Blender to composite the huge almost 6GB mp4 video needed to take Youtube metadata as nothing else I had could and that took longer than the render

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125
    edited March 2018

I haven't done much lately, but I picked up some bargains in the last V4/M4 sale DAZ had and wanted to try a render with a couple things I had just bought, or had and hadn't used. I chose to do a pinup because sometimes they work to break "writers" block for me in 3D.

Great to see you posting again.  By coincidence, looking at your pinups works for me.  wink​ Hope it took care of your writers block, and hope all is well in the heartland, especially theater folks.  

Here is a bit of siilliness from me. Some Daz sales occasionally involve getting to pick an old bundle.  So, somewhere along the line I acquired this skull queen outfit.  Thought I'd render something. 

pinup skullqueen 99 Poster.jpg
    800 x 1067 - 538K
    Post edited by Diomede on
  • evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050

I haven't done much lately, but I picked up some bargains in the last V4/M4 sale DAZ had and wanted to try a render with a couple things I had just bought, or had and hadn't used. I chose to do a pinup because sometimes they work to break "writers" block for me in 3D.

Diomede said:

Great to see you posting again.  By coincidence, looking at your pinups works for me.  wink​ Hope it took care of your writers block, and hope all is well in the heartland, especially theater folks.  

Here is a bit of siilliness from me. Some Daz sales occasionally involve getting to pick an old bundle.  So, somewhere along the line I acquired this skull queen outfit.  Thought I'd render something. TH

That looks great! I just got done directing a play. It went very well, despite the last weekend's horrible winter weather. Now I'm in the process of doing a related video job. I will be using Carrara to model some elements.

Despite lack of Daz development, there have been some exciting new plugins for Carrara.  Hope you’ve had a chance to look in on them even if you haven’t had the time to experiment. There is a new fluid plugin if you want to update your car wash render.  There is a plug-in to integrate GMIC postwork processes in Carrara’s scene tab and they can be stacked on top of each other. There is a plug-in to convert dynamic hair to mesh hair. Really amazing work.  

If you get a chance to reach out to Dart, pass on our greetings and best wishes.  The spirit of the zcarrarators endures even though y’all have a lot else going on. He hasn’t posted in a while and we thought he might have popped in to comment on some recent developments in PD Howler. 

Diomede said:

Despite lack of Daz development, there have been some exciting new plugins for Carrara.  Hope you’ve had a chance to look in on them even if you haven’t had the time to experiment. There is a new fluid plugin if you want to update your car wash render.  There is a plug-in to integrate GMIC postwork processes in Carrara’s scene tab and they can be stacked on top of each other. There is a plug-in to convert dynamic hair to mesh hair. Really amazing work.  

If you get a chance to reach out to Dart, pass on our greetings and best wishes.  The spirit of the zcarrarators endures even though y’all have a lot else going on. He hasn’t posted in a while and we thought he might have popped in to comment on some recent developments in PD Howler. 

Are any of the new plugins Mac compatible? What does GMIC stand for?

Dart has been busy watching his Grandkids and headbanging in not one, but two bands! He hasn't had much time for Carrara, and he's getting antsy to try and find time to work with it. Same with me.

• UnifiedBrainUnifiedBrain Posts: 3,588

EP, great to hear that you and Dart are both still hanging in there.  Life is complex.

The G'MIC filters in Carrara only work for windows users at this time, unfortunately.  The initials stand for GREYC's Magic for Image Computing, but that is greek to just about everyone.

Here is the website: http://gmic.eu/

The bottom line is that G'MIC is a collection of dozens of image processing filters in the same vein as those used in Photoshop.  It has been available to Gimp users for years.  In Carrara, you can stack these filters for even more unusual effects.

edited March 2018

EP, great to hear that you and Dart are both still hanging in there.  Life is complex.

The G'MIC filters in Carrara only work for windows users at this time, unfortunately.  The initials stand for GREYC's Magic for Image Computing, but that is greek to just about everyone.

Here is the website: http://gmic.eu/

The bottom line is that G'MIC is a collection of dozens of image processing filters in the same vein as those used in Photoshop.  It has been available to Gimp users for years.  In Carrara, you can stack these filters for even more unusual effects.

Sounds cool. So I assume they are added as kind of a post render effect then?

Here is a test of an old one lane, iron auto bridge that I have been building off and on. I wanted to see how well it worked for closeup shots, and to test the scale. I also wanted to see how the rust textures looked in a natural light. I used one of Howie's scenes and a car I DLed from ShareCG.

I call it, Admiring the View.
    Click image for full size view.

Admiring the view.jpg
    2000 x 1125 - 3M
    Post edited by evilproducer on
    edited March 2018

Good title! :)  With a few adjustments, you could easily turn this scene into an entry in the current Challenge.

For example, you could do this one by adding a guy and a caption.

Yes, GMIC is a post render effect.  Some of the filters are quick, while others can take a few minutes.

MA14_012_001r2.jpg
    1400 x 1456 - 153K
    Post edited by UnifiedBrain on
  • HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964

welcome back evil

@ UnifiedBrain: Sorry, no time to enter this time around. Thanks for the encouragement though.
    @head wax: Thanks!

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,989

Postwork with Ron's paint and rain brushes in PSE2018

Odd combination of elements, but really looks cool. yes  Also looks like you had fun doing it. :)

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584

Where do you get your plane models, Dave? You seem to have found some good ones yes

(I've been having thoughts about a little airfield set, somewhere down the road . . . )

Thanks guys... Tim, I get the majority of the planes from either Vanashing Point, Schell's armourworks, Renderosity or Neil Wilson's ( R I P ) models from ShareCG.. The Grumman I posted is from Renderosity and I have several Hurricanes the one above is from Neil Wilson.

Stezza said:

Thanks guys... Tim, I get the majority of the planes from either Vanashing Point, Schell's armourworks, Renderosity or Neil Wilson's ( R I P ) models from ShareCG.. The Grumman I posted is from Renderosity and I have several Hurricanes the one above is from Neil Wilson

nice looking flight suit too - you model that?

nope, that's from Renderosity as well... yes

Stezza said:

nope, that's from Renderosity as well... yes

nice to see :)

Here's one of my works in a fancy magazine called Art Almanac :) It's both printed and online

It's a homage to Jeffrey Smart.

http://www.art-almanac.com.au/andrew-finnie-enlightening-journey-mr-hugo-ball/

most excellent yes

The Fly Catcher

• I bought Carrar 8.5 Pro but I am shocked the average renders look like crap. I tweaked it as much as possible only to find out the renders are just bad, reality mimmicing rernders? NO WAY. What am I doing wrong?

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,037

I bought Carrar 8.5 Pro but I am shocked the average renders look like crap. I tweaked it as much as possible only to find out the renders are just bad, reality mimmicing rernders? NO WAY. What am I doing wrong?

without seeing your render settings or renders hard to say

certainly using the default settings won't give you anything special 

the best results I got were with using a HDRi in the background with sunlight, gamma 2.2 and if you want it to crawl use indirect lighting

it varies a lot depending on what you want to do.

I myself actually use Octane and it's plugin for Carrara so probably not the best one to give advice 

edited March 2018

quick visit to talk myself up ... some media stuff from my show - it's on till April 29th and I have eight free one way First Class air tickets to Oz to give away courtesy of Donald Trump's Hairdresser Renaldo Fernado Junior The Second   (now if only I could find his phone number)  Stezza Bunyip Wendy and other Ozstralians will be your flight stewards...

Post edited by Headwax on
  • Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 8,341

Looks fabulous Headwax - hope you get some commisions/sales out of it as well !!!!

awesome... and the bar is dry!

That is great.  Is there a pdf version of the program or weekender you can share?

edited March 2018

Wanted to put the moose from AM to work.  Changed the shaders a little with mixers to make him more visible.  Added a Garen 6 rider because, um, why not?  Have a plane and sphere as shadow catchers for the ground and the rock.  Also inserted a couple lights because the HDRI (Dimension Theory's Yosemite) seemed too dark considering that the moose seemed to be in the clearing to my eye.

Here is the straight render.  I've attached some render passes below if anyone wants to play around with the image.

Somewhere on my to do list I hope to bring this to Howler and play around.  Feel free to play with it in your own image editor, or apply GMIC in Carrara.

MooseRider 3a.png
    1200 x 900 - 2M
    MooseRider 3a_Background.png
    1200 x 900 - 1M
    MooseRider 3a_Diffuse.png
    1200 x 900 - 476K
    MooseRider 3a_ObjectIndex.png
    1200 x 900 - 13K
    MooseRider 3a_Position.png
    1200 x 900 - 80K
    MooseRider 3a_Shadow.png
    1200 x 900 - 224K
    Post edited by Diomede on
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

tee hee  g8f's toesies

makin a lil progress on vicki8

LTOE cap.JPG
    1778 x 586 - 95K
    lbigtoe2 v8.png
    650 x 500 - 130K
    lbigtoe2 v8a.png
    650 x 500 - 73K
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    Diomede said:

Wanted to put the moose from AM to work.  Changed the shaders a little with mixers to make him more visible.  Added a Garen 6 rider because, um, why not?  Have a plane and sphere as shadow catchers for the ground and the rock.  Also inserted a couple lights because the HDRI (Dimension Theory's Yosemite) seemed too dark considering that the moose seemed to be in the clearing to my eye.

Here is the straight render.  I've attached some render passes below if anyone wants to play around with the image.

Somewhere on my to do list I hope to bring this to Howler and play around.  Feel free to play with it in your own image editor, or apply GMIC in Carrara.

Bullwinkle?!!

searching the sky for sidekick flying squirrel

edited March 2018

Fixing up the toe jam.. yes

Hey Rocky wanna see me...........................................

Diomedes Moose.jpg
    800 x 600 - 387K
    Post edited by Stezza on
This discussion has been closed.