Post Your Renders like it's the year 2020!!!

Comments

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326
    Selinita said:

Thanks Dartanbeck,

I made a mistake...

Set Wires to

• 30 (Hor.), 120 (Vert.), 50% (Width), 50% (Height), No (Gray)

Maybe... but it's all a matter of scale. They'll see when they start using it. I love those techniques! They work so well for taking almost nothing and turning it into... Oh - Wow! :)

With Gimp I open images as layers and export as file name gif and in the dialogue box chose animated 

That's Awesome!

other softwares might have similar options 

Yes! I use Carrara! LOL  :)

Selinita said:

Another beautiful Carrara procedural ...

I don't know if it's successful - but I was going to a fruit pastel shader applied to a blocky vertex model.

Yeah! Looks Awesome! :)

• ..and another

I'm going for dry clay...

• Persona Non GrataPersona Non Grata Posts: 1,365
    edited May 2019

..just one more

Plastic and concrete...

Post edited by Persona Non Grata on

Just one? :(

Looks fantastic... both!

Selinita said:

I'm going for dry clay...

It does... but it's not that often to see the deep dimples (the larger ones) - especially so uniform... but I've actually done something very similar... so.... :)

Please don't take that last as a negative... only something to say. On that note:

You truly build a Wonderful shader! I love them! They render amazingly well! Bravo to you!

Love the ice-pocked concrete!

• Thanks Dart, the dimples around the edge of the clay mat are modelled. I was going to do something with it - but didn't - LOL

Selinita said:

Thanks Dart, the dimples around the edge of the clay mat are modelled. I was going to do something with it - but didn't - LOL

Oh, not those... the ones in the shader, giving the clay a bit of a "Hand-Hammered" look, which is much more common on bronze sculptures

• First render of Howie Farke's scene! I purchased his content ten years ago and this day in 2019 is the first time I get to use it! It's gorgeous! I'm so over-the-moon about how phenomenal his work his!

https://www.daz3d.com/stoney-creek-bundle

howiefarkes.jpg
    500 x 650 - 365K
  • HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964

First render of Howie Farke's scene! I purchased his content ten years ago and this day in 2019 is the first time I get to use it! It's gorgeous! I'm so over-the-moon about how phenomenal his work his!

https://www.daz3d.com/stoney-creek-bundle

congrats, looking forward to more of your work here!!

I should come to this thread more often seeing all the beautiful and thought provoking works !

this was destined for the NPR thread but I'll stick it here anyways - "For those of us who have Flying Dreams" - I know you are out there.

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,988

I used to have those flying dreams all the time but not in recent years... it's more now on saving a cricket game or protecting us from the evils that are enveloping us. devil  smiley

surprise

Hivewire3d pussy cat

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,037

Poor kitty

needs to find a nice live mouse for her owner as the toys suck cheeky

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125
    edited May 2019

Howie Farkes scene Noble Pines.

HF_NoblePines01.png
    1538 x 2000 - 3M
    Post edited by Diomede on
  • DesertDudeDesertDude Posts: 1,235
    edited May 2019

Sorry I've been really absent from this thread - so much great work and tips from everyone. So I'll just jump in from a few pages back...

@Dartanbeck - love those spaceships and the lighting, fantastic. Sorry about your computer melt down. Hopefully soon you can get back up and running. 

@Wendy_Carrara - Those look way cool Wendy. Thanks for the explanations of your method for creating them.

@Mystarra - Wish my first Carrara render looked that good.  laugh

@Stezza_Carrara9 - Love that dragon/dino toy thing in the Kreepy Kid Easter Image. Also great lighting in the image: "used Howie's Country Lane with HWDeer and my FC Holden"

@an error has occured - what a brilliant concept! Thanks for sharing the screen grabs of the setup. And...you have an awesome screen name! yes

@McGuiver - what a great image. That lighting on the giant moon is awesome!

@Selenita - you are really rockin' the procedural shaders and testing out Carrara's rigs and weight painting. Wow! I can't wait to give the glowing windows a try. Thanks for the explanations.
    As a quick aside, I feel your pain for the lack of 'no specularity' option on lights. There is a work around: Save a duplicate of your scene, name it something like myscene_no_specularity, or whatever. Then, for the freshly saved scene set all Highlight and Shininess to 'None' for your textures. For a complex scene this could be a huge PITA, I know...But anyway, then render. Go back to your original scene and turn off all the offending lights showing up as unwanted spec hits, just leave your Keylight. In the Render Room add Specular as a Multipass Element, then render the scene. Discard the Beauty pass and composite the Specular pass over the myscene_no_specular render and use a Layer Mode like Screen or Add. You can even use a Curves or Levels adjustment on the Specular pass and dial it in to your liking. 

@MAJourney - Simply...beautiful! Feeling at peace now that school is out? smiley

@corinthianscori - That's a great render, thanks for sharing. I don't own any of his work...I really must invest in some someday so I can study from the master. I also hope we get to see more renders from you.

@Hedwax_Carrara - OMG!  "For those of us who have Flying Dreams" - that looks like a modern Watteau!! I love those trees and the leaves, they have that 18th century glazed look. Exquisite!

@Diomede_Carrara - Beautiful render! As I noted to corinthianscori above I really need to purchase some of Howie Farkes work. Thanks for sharing.

I'll try to stay more tuned in here. 

Post edited by DesertDude on
  • Thanks DesertDude,

But a simpler solution is to alter the shader's highlight channel to only affect the parts that need it for any given angle of the camera - voilà...

The false reflected light is a distant light applied to all objects except the plane. Here's what would have been rendered without the alteration to the shader's highlight channel...

Simples!

• de3ande3an Posts: 915
    Selinita said:

...alter the shader's highlight channel to only affect the parts that need it for any given angle of the camera...

???   How do you do this  ???

• Using Alberto's AreaLightX to graduate the fake reflected light and also experimenting futher with the hair shader...

I love soft, fluffy textures!

de3an,
    There's no magic to this just make sure that the areas that would otherwise show an unwanted specular highlight are black in your procedural shader's highlight channel - simples!

edited May 2019
    Selinita said:

Thanks DesertDude,

But a simpler solution is to alter the shader's highlight channel to only affect the parts that need it for any given angle of the camera - voilà...

The false reflected light is a distant light applied to all objects except the plane. Here's what would have been rendered without the alteration to the shader's highlight channel...

Simples!

Wow, yes simple indeed. But....

de3an said:

???   How do you do this  ???

Yes, how is this done???? Oh, wait...(puts on semi-functional thinking cap...)

Is it using Environmental Functions>Slope?

Selinita said:

de3an,
    There's no magic to this just make sure that the areas that would otherwise show an unwanted specular highlight are black in your procedural shader's highlight channel - simples!

Doh, I was experimenting when you posted the answer...but I'm still confused...how do you tell Carrara, using a shader, what areas to not show a specular highlight?
    Also - nice render and nice fake reflected light. 

Edit to say: this render uses two Distant Lights and the sphere has a Slope function in the Highlight Channel.

slope_highlight.jpg
    640 x 480 - 9K
    Post edited by DesertDude on
  • DesertDude,
    It doesn't really matter what method you use to colour part of your highlight map black where the spec would appear!  I used checkers to create a black strip around the base of the sphere and spherical projection mapping, along with UV to rotate it precisely into place. This is great for still images - when animation is introduced than it could become tricky especially if that animation is physics based - your attempt looks great!

image image

Cool, thank you Selinita for the explanation!

edited May 2019

I love your LightX example, and that freaking hair shader is Awe-freaking-some!!! Love it!

EDIT: I also really enjoy watching your enthusiastic and amazing experimentation... Bravo!

Reminds me of some experiments I did a few years ago making animated masks to get water to run down my character's skin as she ran through the rain. I did a kinda quick n' dumb render for YouTube at the earliest of these, then I played for a while with it before moving on to other experiments. Carrara and it's easy-to-use, yet complex possibilities drives me into a state of bliss. It truly is my favorite reason to turn on a computer! Hopefully soon I'll be back into it again! ;)

Post edited by Dartanbeck on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,037
    edited May 2019

I will miss Grumpy cat

grumpy.jpg
    1015 x 1063 - 328K
    Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • Poor baby was only 7 - that's too young! And to die from a UTI - that's just horrendous!!!

sad

surprise

This discussion has been closed.