Show Us Your Bryce Renders! Part 5

Comments

• Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited December 1969

Not been around at all recently (what! no one missed me? :D )

But been busy busy busy.

RetroDinerS.jpg
    554 x 800 - 108K
    RetroUrbanS.jpg
    554 x 800 - 169K
    RetroCountryS.jpg
    554 x 800 - 123K
  • TrishTrish Posts: 2,625
    edited September 2013

dangerlad ....Nice job blending the N.A.S.A images!!

and heres Dave to lighten the mood....man that girl has some reddddd hair...did you make the billboards??? great stuff as per usual !! The skies are awesome!!

Post edited by Trish on
    edited December 1969

Yes, I made the billboard. It's a new client of mine who makes retro clothing, I'm designing her branding. :)

• Fire AngelFire Angel Posts: 255
    edited December 1969

Dangerlad said:
    Another landscape render, this time a night time look. The image used as the background is from the NASA Astronomy Picture of the Day website (http://apod.nasa.gov/apod). It is a picture of NGC 7822 in the constellation of Cepheus (on the site 10/22/2010 for those interested. I do like how the render came out. I based the look on another picture from the APOD site (I've included it as a reference). I couldn't find a similar background for my attempt at it.

For all: the best place I know of for astronomical images that are copyright free is one of the official sites of the Hubble Space Telescope (yes there really are several of them). They all have all of the same images on them but the European one has better file-naming, downloading files from the US/NASA one they all have the same file-name! :bug: So here's the Web link.

edited December 1969

Great photos Fire Angel thanks for the link......I like this one best....

heic1107a.jpg
    1280 x 1297 - 167K
  • HoroHoro Posts: 10,529
    edited December 1969

@Dangerlad - backdrop is nicely blended into the scene.

@TheSavage64 - cool renders. I like the night shot best.

• GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited December 1969

@Dangerlad: Nice images.

@Dave: More real nice images. Just one question, a drive-in diner but she's wearing heels. What? No roller skates? Oh, and I'll take a burger, fries and a shake.

@Fire Angel: Thanks for the link.

@Trish: That's cool looking.

• JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791
    edited December 1969

Throwing some shapes: cones, pyramids, spheres and squares – a fun work. Pushed up all the Sky & Fog dials to high – seems to produce a nice effect (postcard-like?).

Jay

Cones-Spheres-Squares.jpg
    1200 x 608 - 250K
    edited December 1969

@Jay: So where's the "Wish you were here" verbiage? Or, "Having a great time, wish you were here?" Or, "Broke, send money!" It does look nice and resembles a postcard.

edited December 1969

@Jamahoney - simple yet beautiful. It has a cartoonish look to it but then, it hasn't. Out of the ordinary. I like it.

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,381
    edited December 1969

Dangerlad - The space scenes are very nicely done.

TheSavage64 - cool render, amazed and inspired by your work.

Jamahoney - I agree with Horo -simple yet beautiful "postcard".

edited December 1969

Jay I second what Guss said wheres the send money....LOL

Horo; Thank you very much I really appreciate your help and I am watching Videos and reading directions (I know don't faint or anything) LOL Trish

• JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791
    edited December 1969

So where’s the “Wish you were here” verbiage?

Thanks all...Guss, Horo, Mermaid and Bullit...just playing around with Bryce, as currently stuck in an animation that keeps on going and going...sigh.

Seeing it's a very angular-type work, the verbiage might go like "Wish you were...Square"...hahaaa ;)

Jay

edited December 1969

Thanks folks. :D

This is a lovely little tower. No editing the materials from me with this one.

Tower.jpg
    900 x 1300 - 324K
    edited December 1969

Tower is cute. Excellently lit!

edited December 1969

@Dave: That tower does look like it belongs in that setting. I expect to see our intrepid explores coming over the rise any minute, jumping for joy that they finally found this lost tower.

• goofygrmom3goofygrmom3 Posts: 160
    edited December 1969

This is a very inspirational thread. The work is awesome. The comments back and forth seems to be very helpful to everyone. I'll make it a point to watch this thread more often. Maybe I'll even post and image on 2. I've been working thru some tuts by Horo (I purchased them thru Daz.). I love the abstract art type stuff.

edited December 1969

GussNemo said:
    @Dave: That tower does look like it belongs in that setting. I expect to see our intrepid explores coming over the rise any minute, jumping for joy that they finally found this lost tower.

Thanks Guss (and Horo).
    I've been working a bit more on it and so, this is what it looks like. I'm now trying a darker one.... possibly night time:

TowerHill.jpg
    900 x 1300 - 364K
    edited December 1969

@Dave - looks already a bit secretive and that will be improved when it gets darker.

@goofygrmom3 - thank you for your interest and support. Abstracts have no end, the possibilities are at least infinite minus 1.

Having been inspired, I gave it a try. Here's an icosahedron from David, given the meshes a bit of colour and such. Lit by the HDRI from Inside and also rendered as backdrop. The camera is looking through the GWL (gigantic wide-angle lens) and covers 340°. Renders comparatively fast, the AA-ing is extremely time consuming, though.

IcosaGwl.jpg
    720 x 800 - 253K
  • RarethRareth Posts: 1,458
    edited December 1969

well its haystack-ish...

made with terrain lattice

haystack.jpg
    800 x 800 - 356K
    edited December 1969

@Rareth - I see how you made it. Smart idea!

edited December 1969

Semi darkness... with added ornament statue over the doorway. :)

TowerHillDark.jpg
    675 x 975 - 245K
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Semi darkness... with added ornament statue over the doorway. :)

Tis looking good

edited December 1969

@thesavage64 - Looks super. Love those birds. Makes it very eerie.

@Horo - I love the swirly liquid look to that abstract. Very colorful.

@Rareth - Neat haybale. Looks real.

edited December 1969

This what I ended up with after working thru the first set of Horo's tuts on abstract desktop wallpaper. Of course I had to keep playing with the numbers...

tks4lookin'

HoroTut9-15.jpg
    650 x 490 - 41K
  • mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,381
    edited December 1969

Dave –the nightfall tower is awesome, it will make a good entry for this month’s challenge.

Horo – that’s one beautiful abstract.

Rareth – nice hay

goofygrmom3 – lovely abstract.

A sunset cityscape using David’s sunset tutorial http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRUtuIk_z1c

cityscape3.jpg
    700 x 525 - 251K
    edited December 1969

Dave; really super ...Quick question ...why are you not using the real grass??

Betsy; nice

mermaid; like your sunset colors

rareth; looks like hay..wheres the horse??

Before I ask this I know the answer is no Trish there is no way to make her look as good as the one rendered in Daz...right???

compare3.jpg
    594 x 558 - 214K
    edited December 1969

Dave; really super ...Quick question ...why are you not using the real grass??
    Thanks... It's because these are only relatively quick 'between other work' renders. The real grass techniques make the render times too long for this type of thing. :)

Before I ask this I know the answer is no Trish there is no way to make her look as good as the one rendered in Daz...right???

"look as good" can be very subjective. :)
    What is it about the Daz render that you think is better than the Bryce one?

The obvious thing to me is the lip gloss. You can select the lips separately in the mesh within Bryce and add specularity to give them a gloss.

edited October 2013

Dave ;I guess to me its the smoothness of the skin and in the Bryce one she looks like she has dirt around her mouth. I guess to me she just looks pretty in the one on the right...ok something about the clothing material also...I don't know Dave your a guy which chick would you rather go out with...LOL The one with the blue hair...right??

Post edited by Trish on
    edited December 1969

Dave ;I guess to me its the smoothness of the skin and in the Bryce one she looks like she has dirt around her mouth.
    The smoothness can be sorted out by altering the render and lighting settings.
    But skin isn't usually smooth... It's the smoothness in daz studio that makes most renders look like waxwork dummies. :-)

I guess to me she just looks pretty in the one on the right...ok something about the clothing material also...I don't know Dave your a guy which chick would you rather go out with...LOL

I tend to go out with real ones... which is probably why all my relationships turn into disaster movies. :-)

But the clothing in the Bryce render looks more real than the DAZ one.

V4SkinCLose.jpg
    854 x 449 - 183K
This discussion has been closed.