Show Us Your Bryce Renders! Part 5

Comments

• TrishTrish Posts: 2,625
    edited December 1969

Dave;LOL now the one you posted looks good, is it all about the lighting then???? Is that what I got wrong???

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited October 2013

Yes, with skin, it does very much depend on lightning, and how you have tweaked the skin settings in the mat room. This one was set up with quite a high degree of specualrity, (16.9) but also has a spec map fed into the spec channel. Unfortunately not all skin textures come with spec maps, but they are very useful when you do have them. ALso need to tweak bump settings as well.

Look Into My Eyes

keeper_of_dreams_cateyes_3.jpg
    540 x 720 - 274K
    Post edited by Chohole on
  • Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited December 1969

Dave;LOL now the one you posted looks good, is it all about the lighting then???? Is that what I got wrong???

I think the lighting is good.
    The "roughness" looks like it comes from 'noise' which is most likely down to render (or AA) settings.

Increasing your render setting will of course increase the render times too, but I'd have a go at Premium at 256RPP.
    Turning Max Ray Depth down to 3 will improve performance slightly. Try a plop render on a section around the mouth to check if it looks smoother and you'll also get an impression of how long the render time for the whole picture will be.

For the render I posted, I selected each individual mesh component and tweaked the specular and bump channels and the V4 model has one of my favourite skin textures (Fenrissa Be-la-rue, I think it's called), which has got some very nice imperfections in it. It is lit by three radial lights all with soft shadows enabled. IIRC it took about four hours to render. :)

edited December 1969

chohole and Dave ok thank you that gives me a project for today....I will check in later..Trish

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,530
    edited December 1969

@Dave - great improvement, I hoped you'll light up some windows and the lion fills an otherwise a bit empty space.

@goofygrmom3 - thank you. Your abstract looks interesting, I like the part that looks like cloth.

@mermaid010 - thank you. Sunset looks nice.

@Trish - what's wrong with the Bryce render? Though, yes, DS is usually better rendering characters. The Bryce render could be improved by a more elaborate lighting. The shadows are quite dark on the neck, soft shadows would help. The lip gloss is definitely better on the DS render but both skins look as powdered, thre Bryce render looks slightly better in this respect.

@Pam - green eyes are lovely but if they radiate, danger is ahead.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Horo said:
    @Pam - green eyes are lovely but if they radiate, danger is ahead.

I was trying for cat's eyes.

• edited December 1969

Heart shape downloaded from sketchup repository.
    rendered in bryce

hearts_1.jpg
    800 x 450 - 27K
    heart2.jpg
    800 x 450 - 36K
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    I was trying for cat's eyes

I think you've accomplished this quite nicely.

@saurabh.gayali - nice hearts. The first one is excellently presented, the second render has a toon look to it, which is also nice.

• goofygrmom3goofygrmom3 Posts: 160
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the comments everyone.

Mermaid - that's a pretty sunset. Thanks for the link.

Bullit - I like both models. The Daz one looks soft and smooth,, like a photo. The Bryce one looks more real to me. I didn't know you could render the models in Bryce. I've always rendered mine in Daz.

Savage - She's pretty. Smooth and shinny.

Chohole - Very pretty. I like the lighting. And I love the cat eyes.

Horo - that's the same shape as the others, but with a funky pattern and a good bit of bump height.

Saurebh - love the hearts. Especially the first one.

• edited October 2013

A look inside atom.
    A pic of electron with nucleus in background.
    The path of electron being solids :P

Atom_copy.jpg
    888 x 592 - 167K
    Post edited by saurabh.gayali_170a152edd on
  • edited October 2013

Some more science+imagination.
    1. atoms.
    2. Particles.
    3. Z-DNA
    4. Ion channels

GATES.JPG
    992 x 372 - 442K
    Molecular_Genetics.JPG
    1280 x 853 - 976K
    Particles.JPG
    850 x 637 - 73K
    1_copy.jpg
    864 x 580 - 243K
    Post edited by saurabh.gayali_170a152edd on
    edited October 2013

goofygrmom3; all you have to do is go ahead and dress and put the pose on in daz then export the file as a wavefront object....open Bryce go file import and she is there...now granted sometimes you have to fiddle around with some materials...but it works...Trish...If you need more directions please feel free to ask we all help each other in Bryce

Post edited by Trish on
    edited December 1969

@saurabh.gayali - very nicely done. I like the atoms best.

• Electro-ElvisElectro-Elvis Posts: 870
    edited December 1969

@Dave: The skin of your lady looks very very good. And her eyes, too. They have a nice shine (is shine the right word for the reflection in the eyes? Or is reflection the right word for the shine in the eyes?)

@chohole: Very nice skin, too.

@Trish: I also think the skin in the DAZ render of the lady looks smoother. But the Bryce render is not too bad. The problem is, and I am sure someone has already mentionned that, you have to tweak every singel part of your character, after you have imported it into Bryce. Have you ever tried to use a dome light around the head to brighten up the shadow regions? IMHO this gives quite nice results.

edited December 1969

Saurabh - Neat science and imagination. I like the dna and the atoms best.

Thanks Trish. I did render my witch in DAZ and export as an OBJ for my Halloween challenge. I thought maybe you rendered one of your ladies in DAZ and the other in Bryce. I see now it's basically a matter of lighting and stuff. I will surely ask if I have any questions. Everyone seems very helpful.

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,381
    edited December 1969

Thanks Trish, Horo and goofygrmom3 for your comments.

Trish – both your models are lovely, but I like the Bryce one. The skins on both Dave’s and Chohole’s renders are nice.

Saurabh.gayali - nice hearts. The first one is nice, I like the toon effect one more. The science ones are also nice, my fav the Atom one.

• DangerladDangerlad Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Here are two renders.
    The without text took well over a day and a half to render (including AA pass). My guess is the palm trees I used had a lot of transparencies in them and that slowed the render. I also noticed that some of the palm fronds did not render properly so I re-rendered just one tree (the one on the left) with a neutral grey background and it still had the issues with the fronds. So in the one with the text I deleted the trees and rendered the scene. Then I used the Tree Lab to create a Palm tree and rendered that against a grey background and saved the image. I went into my graphics program (GIMP) and changed the grey background to transparent. Finally I layered that on top of the rendered sunset background and added my humorous (to me at least) text.

Sunset3-2.jpg
    1400 x 700 - 1M
    sunset3-1.jpg
    1400 x 700 - 785K
  • Fire AngelFire Angel Posts: 255
    edited December 1969

Hey that sunset reminds me of a painting someone I knew used to have on the wall in his hallway! A strong monochromatic colour scheme alright.

edited December 1969

@Dangerlad - sunset is really nice. If you ever need to isolate parts in your render, you can just select the object you want to keep and Render Object Mask. It makes blending things easier.

• GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited December 1969

My, miss a couple of days and the world turns. If I can ever get my RW projects done maybe I can get back to Brycing.

@Dave: The greenery added to the temple scene really looks nice, though taking it into darkness really gives the foreboding look.

@Horo: That image really looks neat, along with your choice of colors.

@Rareth: That bale looks like many I've seen in surrounding fields.

@Betsy: That image turned out well, nice results following the tutorial.

@mermaid: Wow, nice results. Water and reflections are great.

@Trish: She doesn't look too bad. You could have ended up with something in the wrong place. ;-)

@Pam: Nice figure, though it looks like she has something sinister on her mind.

@saurabh: The first heart really looks nice, as does the lighting. The other images are great looking.

@DangerLad: Great image, clouds really help tie things together. And coastal Topeka is a real good tongue in cheek image.

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,381
    edited December 1969

Thanks Guss

Dangerlad - lovely sunsets, the clouds add a nice touch.

• DangerladDangerlad Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

@Horo - I tried to use an object mask for the palm trees but the as you can see in the attached picture the mask does not look like a palm tree at all. The palm tree I used initially was the one of the Bryce Object trees from the Create tab.

PalmTree_Mask.jpg
    1400 x 700 - 33K
    edited December 1969

Shroom Castle (available from DAZ Store), My own mushrooms and David's pre-rendered volumetric sky HDRI (With Bryce sky edited to suit the scene).

ShroomCastle.jpg
    1111 x 500 - 424K
  • srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241
    edited December 1969

@Trish, it's hard to compare because they aren't exactly the same (different pose/angle, etc.) The shadow of the hair strand on her chest does look a bit odd though. The hair should probably be touching, not floating above, or that shadow should be eliminated so you don't realize there is a gap. I know, that's a real pain to do, I was just struggling with that myself. I think I just cheated and didn't give the hair a shadow, which isn't accurate but the viewer hopefully doesn't realize that and it looked better than the other things I tried.

@Chohole, I think the cat-like eyes came out quite well.

@Dangerlad, Good sunset. Kansas will be a top vacation spot once global warming melts the polar ice caps and adds beachfront and palm tree growth zones, I can't wait.

@TheSavage64: Nice. the castle looks very mushroomy and blends in perfectly with the actual mushrooms, plus the scene is just a nice one overall.

edited December 1969

@Dangerlad - I see. So it's a palm tree made from booleans or so and the leaves are 2D faces or similar that need r^transparency from the picture material. Such objects do fail to render as object mask as expected. A Bryce palm tree would work.

@Dave - I agree with Sean: very mushroomy. The Shroom castle and your mushrooms fit nicely together and the sky is just the right shade of orange.

edited December 1969

Thanks Guss.

Beautiful sunsets Dangerlad. I love palm trees (have a lot to look at here in Florida) and I like the second one best.

Neat island Savage. Your shrooms blend so well with the shroom castle. Makes me want to finish working on my 'mushroom planet'.

edited December 1969

Sean; you are right that really wasn't too fair of me...the hair want to hide inside the outfit...LOL

Guss: What parts in the wrong place...LOL

Dave: I love your tower reminded me of one I did a few years ago.....( yours is a lot better than this one)...I had fun changing the materials though......Trish

mush.jpg
    879 x 591 - 330K
    edited December 1969

Nice one Trish.

edited October 2013

Thanks Horo !! This is something pretty goofy I just started playing with......I had to take out the window glass cause mouse nose poked through...but I had to keep his little hand and arm on the steering wheel....or somebody could get hurt....LOL trish

goofy.jpg
    884 x 751 - 348K
    Post edited by Trish on
    edited October 2013

Nicely done Trish... is that a different version of the Shroom building? Or did you pull apart the castle to make your individual towers?

I've worked on this version this afternoon: Based loosely on one of the scene files from David and Horo's Pre-Rendered HDRI Volumetric Cloud set. I changed the terrain around a bit and altered the lighting slightly after adding the Shroom Castle, Water Plane and Dragon.

ShroomCastleDragon.jpg
    1111 x 500 - 451K
    Post edited by Dave Savage on
This discussion has been closed.