[Released] dForce Magnet [Commercial]

Comments

• RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,376

Ok, I have submitted today an update that I believe fixes the crashes.  Hopefully, it will get tested and pushed out this week.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,224

I'll be watching for it. How were you able to finally reproduce the problem?

edited May 2020
    barbult said:

I'll be watching for it. How were you able to finally reproduce the problem?

Quite honestly, when I revisited it, it started happening easily.  I think a combination of different graphics card and different DS just made it appear easier.

Post edited by RiverSoft Art on

The new dForce Magnet update that should fix the crashes is live in the store.

I hope someone can confirm the updated dForce Magnet works. (putting link to product page in the thread so hopefully the web enhancement plugin finds it)

I'll check it tomorrow and let you know.

• frankrblowfrankrblow Posts: 2,052

Still not available for me using DIM, as of a minute before this post.

• galiengalien Posts: 136
    edited May 2020

No problem with crashes using the update, but there is an issue where, after positioning the magnet using the sliders, the position changes when the dForce magnet dialog is closed.

(Edit) I suspect that the problem is that the saved orientation values are not being added correctly to the calculations for the new value.

Post edited by galien on
    galien said:

No problem with crashes using the update, but there is an issue where, after positioning the magnet using the sliders, the position changes when the dForce magnet dialog is closed.

(Edit) I suspect that the problem is that the saved orientation values are not being added correctly to the calculations for the new value.

Can you give me numbers so I can repeat it?  Thanks.

• galiengalien Posts: 136
    edited May 2020
    galien said:

I have attached an image showing the behaviour I see.

The previous time I used the magnet, X and Y rotation were set to zero and Z rotation was set to -45.  When I added a magnet it uses these setting as shown in the top image (1).  I want to change the magnet so that it is perpendicular to the plane, but as soon as I change the Z rotation slider the magnet jumps down to be parallel with the plane so that I have to set it to 45 rather than 0 to move it to the perpendicular position (middle image: 2).  When I click on the "Accept" button, the magnet jumps to a new position which is correct based on the numbers in the dialog, but is not the position it displayed in the viewport before clicking the button (bottom image: 3).

I hope this helps.

dfmagnet.png
    483 x 1763 - 3M
    Post edited by galien on
    edited May 2020
    galien said:
    galien said:

I have attached an image showing the behaviour I see.

The previous time I used the magnet, X and Y rotation were set to zero and Z rotation was set to -45.  When I added a magnet it uses these setting as shown in the top image (1).  I want to change the magnet so that it is perpendicular to the plane, but as soon as I change the Z rotation slider the magnet jumps down to be parallel with the plane so that I have to set it to 45 rather than 0 to move it to the perpendicular position (middle image: 2).  When I click on the "Accept" button, the magnet jumps to a new position which is correct based on the numbers in the dialog, but is not the position it displayed in the viewport before clicking the button (bottom image: 3).

I hope this helps.

Ah, I see.  I will look at it, but may not update it right away since the crash behavior has been fixed.  I am updating 8 products right now (all the character converters, Content Wizard, and Now-Crowd Utilities); I don't want to get Daz QA too mad at me laugh

Post edited by RiverSoft Art on

It is no longer crashing for me. Thank you for updating to fix that. I do see the incorrect orientation behavior that galien reported. I think you shouldn't worry about Daz QA getting mad at you for submitting another update to fix that. They share responsibility for not testing it adequately.

I just had another problem. I created a magnet. The dialog box opened with rotation values that I had used in a prior scene. I clicked Reset and it created two more magnets in my scene. This happened to me earlier today while testing, too, but I didn't mention it, because I thought maybe I just made a mistake. This time I am sure I did not create any extra magnets myself. The Reset button did it. In fact, every time I click Reset, it creates a new magnet in my scene now. When I click Accept, it creates yet another one.

I am also getting some magnets in my scene with Visible in Render ON. I did not change them from OFF to ON. I don't know if this is related to the extra magnets when I click Reset or not. None of this strange behavior is 100% reproducible for me yet. It comes and goes. I haven't figured out what conditions cause these things. 

I am using DS 4.12.2.6 Public Beta, because release 4.12.1.117 is a UI nightmare with the view controls not working properly.

One time when I clicked on Cancel in the magnet dialog, Daz Studio crashed to desktop with no warning and no crash log. This is another behavior I cannot reproduce on demand.

barbult said:

I am also getting some magnets in my scene with Visible in Render ON. I did not change them from OFF to ON. I don't know if this is related to the extra magnets when I click Reset or not. None of this strange behavior is 100% reproducible for me yet. It comes and goes. I haven't figured out what conditions cause these things. 

I am using DS 4.12.2.6 Public Beta, because release 4.12.1.117 is a UI nightmare with the view controls not working properly.

Well, definitely sounds like a bug.  I will investigate and submit an update.  I was joking about Daz QA getting mad at me thankfully smiley

I am seeing the issue reported by @galien but neither the Reset issue nor the Visible in Render issue @barbult

I am seeing the issue reported by @galien but neither the Reset issue nor the Visible in Render issue @barbult

The "User Guide Video" script does not launch a video for me. I get an error message and this in the log:

2020-05-26 17:48:03.805 Loading script: N:/DAZ 3D/Studio/My DIM Library/scripts/riversoft art/dforce magnet/dfm user guide video.dsa
    2020-05-26 17:48:03.806 WARNING: Script Error: Line 2
    2020-05-26 17:48:03.806 WARNING: TypeError: Result of expression 'MainWindow.getPaneMgr().findPane("DzContentLibraryPane").getSelectedContainer().getFullPath' [undefined] is not a function.
    2020-05-26 17:48:03.806 WARNING: Stack Trace:
    <anonymous>()@N:/DAZ 3D/Studio/My DIM Library/scripts/riversoft art/dforce magnet/dfm user guide video.dsa:2
    2020-05-26 17:48:03.807 Error in script execution: N:/DAZ 3D/Studio/My DIM Library/scripts/riversoft art/dforce magnet/dfm user guide video.dsa

Well, not surprising. It has been intermittent for me. Both the reset issue and the Visible in Render happened to me only twice in numerous tests today. If I can find a scenario that causes it consistently, I will report it. I wish I would have recorded a video when the reset was creating a new magnet every time, but I didn't. Since it was the second time it happened to me in the span of about 4 tests, I thought I would be able to reproduce it easily. That is not the case.

When you update it again, please put a version number in the script dialog box, so we can all verify that we are using the correct version. I assume that since I updated it with DIM, I have the latest version, but there is no way for me to tell in the dialog box that comes up. The only "confirmation" I have is that it doesn't crash when moving the sliders now.

barbult said:

The "User Guide Video" script does not launch a video for me. I get an error message and this in the log:

2020-05-26 17:48:03.805 Loading script: N:/DAZ 3D/Studio/My DIM Library/scripts/riversoft art/dforce magnet/dfm user guide video.dsa
    2020-05-26 17:48:03.806 WARNING: TypeError: Result of expression 'MainWindow.getPaneMgr().findPane("DzContentLibraryPane").getSelectedContainer().getFullPath' [undefined] is not a function.
    <anonymous>()@N:/DAZ 3D/Studio/My DIM Library/scripts/riversoft art/dforce magnet/dfm user guide video.dsa:2
    2020-05-26 17:48:03.807 Error in script execution: N:/DAZ 3D/Studio/My DIM Library/scripts/riversoft art/dforce magnet/dfm user guide video.dsa

Ah.  You are starting it from Smart Content?  Need to fix that too.  Sigh.

I will put a version number in the script too.  Good suggestion.

barbult said:

I see. The video guide link only works from the Content Library mapped folder. It does not work from the Content Library Product view or Smart Content. I didn't try Category view in the Content Library, but if the others don't work, that one probably doesn't have much hope either. 

Are you sure QA even looked at this update? devil 

barbult said:
    barbult said:

I see. The video guide link only works from the Content Library mapped folder. It does not work from the Content Library Product view or Smart Content. I didn't try Category view in the Content Library, but if the others don't work, that one probably doesn't have much hope either. 

Are you sure QA even looked at this update? devil 

Forget about Daz, am I sure *I* tested it?  Obviously not laugh  To fix the video script file, open it in a text editor and delete line 2 (path = )

• Hi,

in my Scenes on some Objects the Magnets are created way off the selected vertex like in the attached screenshot (note the yellow dot on the right). Happens on clothes as well as on the figure (just for testing).

Any idea?

2569.png
    484 x 580 - 263K
  • Hemi426Hemi426 Posts: 210

Have these issues ever been resolved? I am looking for a tool like set.

RenderDictator said:

Hi,

in my Scenes on some Objects the Magnets are created way off the selected vertex like in the attached screenshot (note the yellow dot on the right). Happens on clothes as well as on the figure (just for testing).

Any idea?

It's best to create the magnet when the figure is in zero pose and at 0-0-0 coordinates.  Otherwise, it can appear in what seem to be the wrong place.

Hemi426 said:

I must sincerely apologize.  I went to look and the latest update was never submitted to Daz.  blush  I just submitted it right now.  This update (v1.3) fixes

• Fixed error in dFM User Guide Video.dsa where it would not work from Smart Content pane
    • Added sVersionNum constant and display in dialog 
    • Fixed slider error where remembering last slider value would give incorrect results the next time dForce Magnet was used

• Mark_e593e0a5Mark_e593e0a5 Posts: 1,569

The update is now available in DIM

RiverSoftArt said:

Hemi426 said:

I must sincerely apologize.  I went to look and the latest update was never submitted to Daz.  blush  I just submitted it right now.  This update (v1.3) fixes

• Fixed error in dFM User Guide Video.dsa where it would not work from Smart Content pane
    • Added sVersionNum constant and display in dialog 
    • Fixed slider error where remembering last slider value would give incorrect results the next time dForce Magnet was used

Will you please ask Daz to add this information to the online readme file?