My phone will not charge complaint thread

Comments

• TigerAnne said:

i'm too girlie for tents. i need a toilet that flushes and a hot tub. i think i've escallated the camping idea to a late summer/early fall weekend get away. cabin, castle, or hotel...

That's too bad. In a tent you would be relatively safe from axe murderers, because of the extremely small chance they'd actually find you. Axe murderers don't just roam around the woods, looking in random places for victims. They stay around cabins, because they know sooner or later someone will rent it again. Remote mountain lodges are also known to turn random people into axe murderers. The only safe option sounds like a castle.

And if you do go into the woods, make sure that you and all your companions are attached to each other with rope, even when just walking on a path. A lot of people vanish into thin air every year, when the people they're hiking with lose sight of them for as short a time as a second. They're never found!!! And if they are, it's hundreds of miles from where they disappeared, months or years later, and they look just like they did at the moment of their disappearance. Oh, and they're dead, like just recently deceased. Sometimes the bodies are still warm, despite lying in the snow. Usually they'll be missing socks and shoes. I've read about this on Reddit, so I know it's true!!! No one knows what's causing this to happen, but the most popular theories are time-gates and Sashquatch. You have about a 2000% better chance of being killed by a Bigfoot than by a bear. And the most important thing to remember when you go into any place that has trees: If you see random staircases in the woods, you have to pretend you haven't noticed them, and stay as far away as possible. If the path passes by near them, turn back and go hiking another day. Or never again, because that's even safer.

Have a jolly weekend, and enjoy your trip to the great outdoors! laugh

If you go down to the woods today
    You're sure of a big surprise.
    You'd better go in disguise!

For every bear that ever there was
    Will gather there for certain,
    Because today's the day the
    Teddy Bears have their picnic.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

watched a movie last night with Henry Fonda and Terry Hill

The wild bunch, a bunch of dudes on horses, were riding around to big music. i didn't understand it.

• TigerAnne said:

i'm too girlie for tents. i need a toilet that flushes and a hot tub. i think i've escallated the camping idea to a late summer/early fall weekend get away. cabin, castle, or hotel...

That's too bad. In a tent you would be relatively safe from axe murderers, because of the extremely small chance they'd actually find you. Axe murderers don't just roam around the woods, looking in random places for victims. They stay around cabins, because they know sooner or later someone will rent it again. Remote mountain lodges are also known to turn random people into axe murderers. The only safe option sounds like a castle.

And if you do go into the woods, make sure that you and all your companions are attached to each other with rope, even when just walking on a path. A lot of people vanish into thin air every year, when the people they're hiking with lose sight of them for as short a time as a second. They're never found!!! And if they are, it's hundreds of miles from where they disappeared, months or years later, and they look just like they did at the moment of their disappearance. Oh, and they're dead, like just recently deceased. Sometimes the bodies are still warm, despite lying in the snow. Usually they'll be missing socks and shoes. I've read about this on Reddit, so I know it's true!!! No one knows what's causing this to happen, but the most popular theories are time-gates and Sashquatch. You have about a 2000% better chance of being killed by a Bigfoot than by a bear. And the most important thing to remember when you go into any place that has trees: If you see random staircases in the woods, you have to pretend you haven't noticed them, and stay as far away as possible. If the path passes by near them, turn back and go hiking another day. Or never again, because that's even safer.

I've decided: we're staying home an playing Yatze.

• TigerAnne said:

You're sure of a big surprise.
    You'd better go in disguise!

For every bear that ever there was
    Will gather there for certain,
    Because today's the day the
    Teddy Bears have their picnic.

Well they should love me... I can't say why though.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,930

Oooh noooo.... And I'm going camping!

A tent collapsing on your head is less bad than a house collapsing on your head.

Awkward... I read that as "a horse collapsing on your head". My clever response was all geared to the probability of running into a random horse versus a random axe murderer. But houses... those things are everywhere! *cue scary music*

...ahh, let me introduce you to the Unflatable Pony....

oh bear.  not beer  smiley

non complaint  there'll be hot dawgs at the zoo tomorrow.  been the whole summer with no  hot dawgs/  or hotties or dawgies

• chaynawolfsmoonchaynawolfsmoon Posts: 675
    edited September 2019
    kyoto kid said:

Oooh noooo.... And I'm going camping!

A tent collapsing on your head is less bad than a house collapsing on your head.

Awkward... I read that as "a horse collapsing on your head". My clever response was all geared to the probability of running into a random horse versus a random axe murderer. But houses... those things are everywhere! *cue scary music*

...ahh, let me introduce you to the Unflatable Pony....

for some reason i read that with a scarface accent.

in other news my other computer seems to be having some difficulties. the fan seems to be quite loud.

sigh... i'm too poor to upgrade

Post edited by chaynawolfsmoon on
    edited September 2019

...FishFryDay the 13th. 

Not a terribly bad day in and of itself, that is until you mix it with a full moon which makes the brains of motorists where I live cease to function properly so they drive exceptionally stupid and impatiently. Seems to have a reverse effect on the signals from their eyes as well as I saw several within a one block span just blindly drive through red lights (three at the same intersection).

I really need to hit a lotto so I can afford to move back to my former neighbourhood.  There is this nice two block complex of older single floor brick apartments on a quiet side street I'd love to move into (that even have front porches).  Sadly even the studios there are far more expensive (1,300$ a month) than what I could afford on my monthly SS benefit .  Beginning to feel living in the heart of the city maybe isn't a very good thing for someone like myself with creaky joints, achy bones, declining agility, and tinnitus.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • Complaint: I'm hungry but too lazy to fix breakfast. Or move. Or have coherent thoughts. Or check out today's sale.

• TheKDTheKD Posts: 2,677

I started playing my heavily modded skyrim, took me like 6 months to get it all working lol....  Legacy of the dragonborn is pretty cool! Now I got a place for all of the things, which means it will take a year or two to finish it lol....

Slim pickens these days for carrara users

usually by now i wouldve spent whole paycheqs

Waitin for the lil bussie  goin to manorville to feed the animal bambinos  goats piglets ducks camel llamas miniature ponies baby cows

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,440
    edited September 2019

Complaint:  Still learning how to use my new smart phone. (i.e. I'm not quite as smart as it is yet)  But I have been able to load many of my music files into it.  Unfortunately, despite all my careful organization into a heirarchy of folders, the phone just throws away the folders and gives me a list of playable files which works but I'm guessing when I try to find 2nd movement of X concerto vs the 2nd movement of Y concerto. frown  Maybe I need to get a better "app", rather the the default Samsung "MyFiles" mechanism?

Non-complaint:  While selecting a subset of my music library to load onto the phone (I need a MUCH bigger memory chip than the current 32GB chip I have in it) I reminded myself of a short little favorite by Marin Marais entitled "The Bells of St. Genevieve" (Sonnerie de Sainte-Geneviève du Mont de Paris).  There are several performances of it on YouTube.  I've listened to many of them and finally settled on one that has the quickness, bite, playfulness, good recording, instrument balance, and playing skill that satisfies me.  It's a very subtle sounding piece.  And I'm always looking for a better performance of it that reminds me of the wonderful recording of it that I'd heard over the radio in Washington, DC almost 40 years ago.  At the time, the announcer had said that it was a rare recording on vinyl no longer available.

Marin Marais:  "The Bells of St. Genevieve" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkbaTTNrOIs

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
    edited September 2019

Argh... almost duplicate post. blush

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,170

@LG, be careful of apps you download.  Some of them will try to get a lot of info from you.  Some have a lot of ads in them that you can't get rid of.  It should say in the description "Contains ads", so you're not completely surprised by it.  And remember to turn off location information if you don't want every app to know where you are.  

Dana

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,072

Complaint:  Still learning how to use my new smart phone. (i.e. I'm not quite as smart as it is yet)  But I have been able to load many of my music files into it.  Unfortunately, despite all my careful organization into a heirarchy of folders, the phone just throws away the folders and gives me a list of playable files which works but I'm guessing when I try to find 2nd movement of X concerto vs the 2nd movement of Y concerto. frown  Maybe I need to get a better "app", rather the the default Samsung "MyFiles" mechanism?

Non-complaint:  While selecting a subset of my music library to load onto the phone (I need a MUCH bigger memory chip than the current 32GB chip I have in it) I reminded myself of a short little favorite. by Marin Marais entitled "The Bells of St. Genevieve" (Sonnerie de Sainte-Geneviève du Mont de Paris).  There are several performances of it on YouTube.  I've listened to many of them and finally settled on one that has the quickness, bite, playfulness, good recording, instrument balance, and playing skill that satisfies me.  It's a very subtle sounding piece that can go wrong in so many ways.

Marin Marais:  "The Bells of St. Genevieve" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkbaTTNrOIs

There's an echo in here. devil

Mystarra said:

Waitin for the lil bussie  goin to manorville to feed the animal bambinos  goats piglets ducks camel llamas miniature ponies baby cows

And yes that's James Earl Jones piloting the plane.

Having a nice day at petting zoo

minuatute donkey, mot really ministure , stolemy heart.  Fed them absny bottle of milk and 2 buckets of zoo kibbles. Lllama didnt want milk botle

sittin down to too red hot dawgs smeared in mystard. Git mustard all over my face lol

• Tjohn said:

There's an echo in here. devil

Echo suppression installed and turned on.

edited September 2019
    Tjohn said:
    Mystarra said:

And yes that's James Earl Jones piloting the plane.

...he was the bombardier ("Lt. Lothar Zogg").  The co pilot, "Capt. Ace Owens" was played Shane Rimmer.

Here is the preceding scene of the bomb run.  Notice James Earl Jones at the bombardier's station on the lower deck as Maj. Kong heads to the bomb bay.

Post edited by kyoto kid on

I sit corrected. smiley

...yeah, that film is my #1 all time favourite.

watched a marathon last night of Terrence Hill, Bud Spencer films.

had to push to accept them in non-western films, started with They Call Me Trinity

whatever their names in the film, they were the same characters.  some of them were free streaming under amazon prime movie, some were 1.99 rentals.

running out of them to watch. 

Complainnnt. Came all the way ti sputino for an irish coffee and dessert

they out of the stuff to make irish coffee. What kind of restaurant is this?

i afraid to see how muxh a bottle of jamieson is. 

Complainnnt. Liquor store doesnt have st brenden irish cream. What kinf of liquor store is this??

mann iiving in dix hills area really sux

save yourselves. Dont bother visiting dix hills

edited September 2019
    Mystarra said:

Complainnnt. Liquor store doesnt have st brenden irish cream. What kinf of liquor store is this??

mann iiving in dix hills area really sux

save yourselves. Dont bother visiting dix hills

No idea where "dix hills" is. indecision  But at least you have a liquor store.   

I got a little list of what I need from a liquor store the next time I'm able to get to one.  The list keeps growing and the two bottles in my cupboard keep getting emptier.

But it's not a real problem.  I rarely drink and only like two things and when I do it's only one ounce at a time.  Vodka in 8oz of Kool-Aidfrown or when I'm feeling really celebratory,  a shot of peach schnappsyes   Wheee,...  

I make a drink at home perhaps twice a month and only go to a bar about once a year (prices too damn high, and I hate the ambience.  Drunk, loud, obnoxious men and screechy, cackling women)    Trouble is though, the only restaurant in town is in the bar.  I hate it because the restaurant part is only open Friday and Saturday nights and opens at 5:00 PM right when all the local alcoholics who've been at the bar, 10 unobstructed feet away since 2:00, are reaching their blotto state.sad

Truth be told, I'm waiting for NY State to legalize recreational marijuana. yes

•  

Truth be told, I'm waiting for NY State to legalize recreational marijuana. yes

Can't afford to wait, life's too damn short:/

so far, they made less than an oounce of marij in possession is a fine of 50 bux.  they releasing something like 80 000 people from jail on marij possession charges.
    so instead of the state spending money to house and feed these people, they'll be paying 50 bux a piece.

saw 4 types of jamieson at liquor store,  the one i calling basic was 32 dollars.  they had a black barrel version over 50/
    my taste buds not fine tuned for whiskey think the black barrel woulda been wasted on me
    next to it saw a 85 dollar bottle of glennfidinch think it was spelled.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited September 2019
    Mystarra said:

so far, they made less than an oounce of marij in possession is a fine of 50 bux.  they releasing something like 80 000 people from jail on marij possession charges.
    so instead of the state spending money to house and feed these people, they'll be paying 50 bux a piece.

saw 4 types of jamieson at liquor store,  the one i calling basic was 32 dollars.  they had a black barrel version over 50/
    my taste buds not fine tuned for whiskey think the black barrel woulda been wasted on me
    next to it saw a 85 dollar bottle of glennfidinch think it was spelled.

glenfiddich    Comes at various different prices depending which you go for.  The basic single malt is around £35-40 over here.

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited September 2019

Complaint:  Arghhh..., I think I've lost one of my 6 external hard drives. sad  Trouble is, I can't even remember what's on it, if anything. frown  I know I had a couple of the smaller ones that I had cleaned off by moving their data to one of the 1TB or 2TB drives.  But I also have fears that I moved something back on to one of the small ones "temporarily".

I can hear the drive spinning but I get no flickering lights and it never even shows up on my Computer Management dialog.  I don't know why it would booger out on me, it's a Seagate 350GB drive that is only 10 years old and is rarely turned on.broken heart  It's been a reliable trouper for a decade.  It's currently using FireWire cable to connect to my PC but it does also have USB, so I'll try switching to USB thinking that perhaps my FireWire interface board has gone wonky.  That drive is the only FireWire device I have and I only used the FW connection because at one time I was short of USB connections in the PC and had the FW board laying idle.  The FW interface board itself is at least 12 years old.indecision

Thing is, just last night I was thinking that I really need to think seriously about getting a 4TB drive or at least two more 2TB drives to merge into my backup scheme.  

Edited to add: 

Non-complaint:  Wheee...,  apparently it was the FireWire connection.  Because the USB cable works just fine and I can now see and use the drive and there was nothing stored on it.  Clean of data.  Whew.smiley

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rod_of_Asclepius

doesn't say what breed of snake it is 

This discussion has been closed.