My phone will not charge complaint thread

Comments

• Complaint: I'm bored so I decided to track down the original complaint thread...got as far as "The Return of the Son of the Complaint Thread". So what was the name of the first one? And when was that? I assume the mountains were invented already?

This sounds like something I would do. Like relabeling all my renders, scenes, and images to follow a more uniform and strict naming structure. Or going through my facebook timeline and putting all the random images into albums, or organizing my shoe collection from a mound to categories of color, style, and wearability.

Maybe I should work on that...

• Complaint: I'm bored so I decided to track down the original complaint thread...got as far as "The Return of the Son of the Complaint Thread". So what was the name of the first one? And when was that? I assume the mountains were invented already?

This sounds like something I would do. Like relabeling all my renders, scenes, and images to follow a more uniform and strict naming structure. Or going through my facebook timeline and putting all the random images into albums, or organizing my shoe collection from a mound to categories of color, style, and wearability.

...or then again...maybe notlaugh

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,440
    edited September 2019

I don't know why but I suddenly had a memory of a discussion of Candide in one of my classes in college. At least I think it was Candide. I think that's the only book I remember from that class.

It's a book?surprise  The only viable thing I thought that was left from Candide was the overture.devil

Leonard Bernstein: Overture from "Candide"  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=422-yb8TXj8

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

Non-complaint:  Sitting here having morning coffee and reading DAZ forums.  Computer radio is playing one of the few operatic arias that I like.  It's usually performed as a vocal and it brings tears to my eyes every time.  However, this version is just the orchestra.  Beautiful in any form.yes

It comes from the Puccini opera "Madama Butterfly".

Giacomo Puccini: "Un Bel Di Vedremo"(Instrumental)  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVn0m_NCpGk

Giacomo Puccini: "Un Bel Di Vedremo"(Vocal; Maria Callas)  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-r2vu4t9-g

I always thought one was supposed to listen to the blues on Mondays. I thought opera was for Odin's day.

Maybe opera is a Monday evening thing...

Always doing things because one is "supposed to" is not thinking.

So I'm supposed to do things because I'm not supposed to do them? Taking notes... 

[enter pedantic mode]

Still not thinking.devil  Key words are "always" and "supposed to".  The actor has control of his "always", but does not have control of who defined the "supposed to".  Still taking notes?  Governments and Theocracies rely heavily on these imprecisions.indecision

[exit pedantic mode]

Says the squirrel with a mohawk and a whip! cheeky

I don't know why but I suddenly had a memory of a discussion of Candide in one of my classes in college. At least I think it was Candide. I think that's the only book I remember from that class.

And sometimes it takes a bit of pedantic mode to sail the denser seas.

It's a book?surprise  The only viable thing I thought that was left from Candide was the overture.devil

Leonard Bernstein: Overture from "Candide"  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=422-yb8TXj8

Aye,  it's a book,   and still available if you try hard enough to find a copy.   It appears there is even a Kindle edition   https://www.amazon.co.uk/Candide-Voltaire/dp/1503253791

• Non-complaint:  Sitting here having morning coffee and reading DAZ forums.  Computer radio is playing one of the few operatic arias that I like.  It's usually performed as a vocal and it brings tears to my eyes every time.  However, this version is just the orchestra.  Beautiful in any form.yes

Giacomo Puccini: "Un Bel Di Vedremo"(Instrumental)  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVn0m_NCpGk

Giacomo Puccini: "Un Bel Di Vedremo"(Vocal; Maria Callas)  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-r2vu4t9-g

I always thought one was supposed to listen to the blues on Mondays. I thought opera was for Odin's day.

Always doing things because one is "supposed to" is not thinking.

So I'm supposed to do things because I'm not supposed to do them? Taking notes... 

[enter pedantic mode]

Still not thinking.devil  Key words are "always" and "supposed to".  The actor has control of his "always", but does not have control of who defined the "supposed to".  Still taking notes?  Governments and Theocracies rely heavily on these imprecisions.indecision

[exit pedantic mode]

Says the squirrel with a mohawk and a whip! cheeky

And sometimes it takes a bit of pedantic mode to sail the denser seas.

Yes it is a book. By Voltaire no less. It is almost entirely exactly like but totally different from Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. In otherwords...

Complaint: I'm bored so I decided to track down the original complaint thread...got as far as "The Return of the Son of the Complaint Thread". So what was the name of the first one? And when was that? I assume the mountains were invented already?

...or then again...maybe notlaugh

I think the not is going to win.

edited September 2019

Reading people can be fun.  But sometimes they surprise you and are not at all like their covers.indecision

It is, however, much more socially acceptible than eating them. (in most societies)

• Reading people can be fun.  But sometimes they surprise you and are not at all like their covers.indecision

I'm a horror story wrapped In cute fluffy bunnies and kittens and pretty balloons.

• Reading people can be fun.  But sometimes they surprise you and are not at all like their covers.indecision

It is, however, much more socially acceptible than eating them. (in most societies)

Not long ago some scientist claimed cannibalism to be the solution for the climate changes...

edited September 2019

Reading people can be fun.  But sometimes they surprise you and are not at all like their covers.indecision

Not long ago some scientist claimed cannibalism to be the solution for the climate changes...

Quite probably, for a couple of reasons including rapid population decrease and ever increasing prion infection from consuming infected brains resulting in the exponential spread of  "Mad Cow(People) Disease".  OMG, it's the zombie apocolypse!  Runs for hills.

Spoiler ahead:

!ELPOEP morf edam si neerG tnelyoS

Quite probably, for a couple of reasons including rapid population decrease and ever increasing prion infection from consuming infected brains resulting in rampant exponential spread of  "Mad Cow(People) Disease".  OMG, it's the zombie apocolypse!  Runs for hills.

I feel like maybe this has already happened... in some areas. 

IIRC it was something like "All Complaints Answered Until the Top of the Hour" .

edited September 2019

Non-complaint:  Third movement of this.  yes

Johann Nepomuk Hummel:  Piano Concerto #3 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mm6dxBKAFag

1st movement: 0:00 semi-energetic -- meh indecision

2nd movement: 17:00  solemn -- meh indecision

3rd movement: 24:50  fun -- gets my juices flowing for 10 minutes.  Yay!  smileyyes  (not easily whistleable but it's still bouncing around in my head)

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,872
    edited September 2019

Spoiler ahead:

So that's what they mean by "go green" to save the environment...

Post edited by Taoz on
  • TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,072

I think the Complaint Thread and the Stupid Thread were started by our late friend Jaderail, and I believe those were the names of the first iterations.

• Taoz said:

Spoiler ahead:

Probably not... but *evil laught* it might just work. *more evil laughter*

edited September 2019

Learned a new word today. surprise  I've been watching the British TV series "Miss Marple" and saw (I have sub-titles turned on) the word "valetudinarian".  Never heard it before.  Was curious.

Used in a sentence similar to:  "The son still lives there.  He was a bit of a valetudinarian."  

• Taoz said:

Spoiler ahead:

Probably not... but *evil laught* it might just work. *more evil laughter*

˥O˥

Complaint: I'm bored so I decided to track down the original complaint thread...got as far as "The Return of the Son of the Complaint Thread". So what was the name of the first one? And when was that? I assume the mountains were invented already?

IIRC it was something like "All Complaints Answered Until the Top of the Hour" .

yes

Tjohn said:

I think the Complaint Thread and the Stupid Thread were started by our late friend Jaderail, and I believe those were the names of the first iterations.

yesyes

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

complaint: random people with no work posted who feel i'm interested in a critique of my work.

secondary complaint: the passive aggressive critique. example: "Great image, but I would have preferred..." gosh... i'll make note of that for when i start to cater to your desires.

angry

from my experience it is only men that do this.

Hahaha that's a strange thing to say!

Oh, btw, I visited your gallery...great stuff but I would have preferred some male renders...

LOL... I'm a gal that likes the ladies... That and I've not found a male character I like... AND working with dudes would require stuff for them and that would take away from the stuff for the ladies and... I need to set up a GoFundMe for my DS habits... *twitches in corner*

does that work?

funded i mean?

random strangers sending money for the render addicted?

Non-complaint:  Sitting here having morning coffee and reading DAZ forums.  Computer radio is playing one of the few operatic arias that I like.  It's usually performed as a vocal and it brings tears to my eyes every time.  However, this version is just the orchestra.  Beautiful in any form.yes

my favorite is the Oh bibi mio  (pardon moi spelling, seel voo play )

• Learned a new word today. surprise  I've been watching the British TV series "Miss Marple" and saw (I have sub-titles turned on) the word "valetudinarian".  Never heard it before.  Was curious.

Used in a sentence similar to:  "The son still lives there.  He was a bit of a valetudinarian."  

We all get that way from time to time.

• Mystarra said:

complaint: random people with no work posted who feel i'm interested in a critique of my work.

secondary complaint: the passive aggressive critique. example: "Great image, but I would have preferred..." gosh... i'll make note of that for when i start to cater to your desires.

angry

Oh, btw, I visited your gallery...great stuff but I would have preferred some male renders...

LOL... I'm a gal that likes the ladies... That and I've not found a male character I like... AND working with dudes would require stuff for them and that would take away from the stuff for the ladies and... I need to set up a GoFundMe for my DS habits... *twitches in corner*

does that work?

funded i mean?

Not so far. I think it would be a good cause for strangers to contribute to. I promise all fund go to rendering and not to random predicures... regardless of how much I need one.

i vaguely remember there was something about Voltaire's house.

• woohoo i'm up to 29 watchers on deviant art... when i get to 1000 i'll disappear for a year and see how many watchers i have when i return!

devil

the lady who used to wax my eyebrows, quit the salon and didn't leave a forward.

i had to let their new girl do my brows.

woes.  i was like, don't they look unmatched to you.

she said my left eyebrow was too thin, so she left my right eyebrow thicker.  

one shouldn't mock the lady wielding the wax, i couldn't stop my mouth.  i said in scathing tones, you were going to let me leave here  unmatching??!!  i cant wait for my left to grow new roots and hope it matches.
    mann i told her off

Mystarra said:

angry

does that work?

funded i mean?

Not so far. I think it would be a good cause for strangers to contribute to. I promise all fund go to rendering and not to random predicures... regardless of how much I need one.

mebbe total random strangers on the internet would fund a face rigged dragon

• chaynawolfsmoonchaynawolfsmoon Posts: 675
    edited September 2019
    Mystarra said:

the lady who used to wax my eyebrows, quit the salon and didn't leave a forward.

i had to let their new girl do my brows.

woes.  i was like, don't they look unmatched to you.

she said my left eyebrow was too thin, so she left my right eyebrow thicker.  

one shouldn't mock the lady wielding the wax, i couldn't stop my mouth.  i said in scathing tones, you were going to let me leave here  unmatching??!!  i cant wait for my left to grow new roots and hope it matches.
    mann i told her off

perfect eyebrows are a must

did i look at today's sale? i can't remember...

Post edited by chaynawolfsmoon on
    edited September 2019
    Mystarra said:

my favorite is the Oh bibi mio  (pardon moi spelling, seel voo play )

Yes, "O Mio Babbino Caro" that's great one from Pucchi's opera Gianni Schicchi:  Here's Maria Callas again performing it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAxfaO606Vk

And now for something completely different yet totally the same here's Mario Lanza as the crying clown. 

Reggero Leoncavalo:  "Vesti la Giubba" from opera Pagliacci  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRhmogBs-gU

This discussion has been closed.