My phone will not charge complaint thread

Comments

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,172
    Mystarra said:

wondering if my ss would let me retire to Wales.  a nice b&b with resident cats and Corgis.  somewhere with no factories.  cows moo happily in pastures

Less than half of your average salary.  And when Medicare comes in, and you need the Part B, you lose even more...they take it out of your SS before you get it.

Dana

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,932
    Taoz said:
    Skiriki said:
    DanaTA said:

Hi!!!

Dana

Hi, hi, hi! So is it true what they say about hotdogs?

I prefer tacos...

I had tacos yesterday.  Prolly will make them at home sometime this week.  I think tacos might be the source of my super power, which is napping.

Napping is an admirable super power. I try not to advertise mine because I like that moment of realization when someone discovers them for the first time. The shock and awe of the moment.

I was being metaphorical with my tacos comment.

Well, if you get shock and awe discovering that your super power is napping, then you're doing it wrong!

I actually have more than one super power.  Cooking is one of them.  But I don't clean.  Often.  Hardly ever.  That's why we have machines!

Taoz said:

Email scammer mess up:

Subject:  Cheapest loans in your country
    Sender:  Two hot girls who love triangles

News flash.  That was NOT a "mess up".  They've got your number, brother!

Ah, now I get it.  These girls are so expensive that I need to take out a loan to afford them, geometrically speaking.

...I thought that would be exponentially, or maybe logarithmically. 

We will complain if this gets into politics, or accusations.

It's Tuesday. Which is kind of the anti-Thursday. I have no intentions of making it worse by involving politics, accusations, or any number of unsavory topics.

Now savory topics... I'm all in. wink

...I look it as a, analogue of Thursday as its two days removed from the weekend, but the one proceeding instead of following it..

I wonder what it would be like if we had eight days in the week instead of 7. Would we have a three day weekend or six day work/school week?

edited September 2019
    Mystarra said:

savory tidbits in gravy.

gravy and sauce, like, is it the same thing?

Hmmm... sort of... though i'm personally turned off by gravy and bits...

Maybe I'll have pop-eyes for lunch...

...pop eyes?  is that like bubble tea but with made with soda pop that has little gummi eyes at the bottom?

Or is it like pop rocks but shaped like eyes?

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • kyoto kid said:

It's Tuesday. Which is kind of the anti-Thursday. I have no intentions of making it worse by involving politics, accusations, or any number of unsavory topics.

...I look it as a, analogue of Thursday as its two days removed from the weekend, but the one proceeding instead of following it..

I wonder what it would be like if we had eight days in the week instead of 7. Would we have a three day weekend or six day work/school week?

We should have a fourday weekend and a three day work week. I think that is the only reasonable arrangement for a 7 day work week. In an 8 day work week we should have a 5 day weekend and a 3 day work week.

• kyoto kid said:

We should have a fourday weekend and a three day work week. I think that is the only reasonable arrangement for a 7 day work week. In an 8 day work week we should have a 5 day weekend and a 3 day work week.

Luxury I saycheeky

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,876
    kyoto kid said:

I havea 3-day work week...but I'm also super poor.

• kyoto kid said:
    Mystarra said:

savory tidbits in gravy.

...pop eyes?  is that like bubble tea but with made with soda pop that has little gummi eyes at the bottom?

It is fastfoodchicken... good food, terrible service.

• Gordig said:
    kyoto kid said:

I havea 3-day work week...but I'm also super poor.

I have a 0 day work week. Although, I write and render most days so that could be "workish" although it seems to be a negative cash flow...

edited September 2019

..'plaint:  I think my air fryer died.  Was making my garlic pepper tarragon roasted red potatoes in it last night when suddenly it went quiet with about 12 min left on the timer.  The power and heating pilot lights on it both went out but the timer was still working so it didn't pop a breaker (I checked that as well).  Had to finish "cooking" the potatoes in the nuker as it would have taken too long to heat up the oven as the fish and veggies were just about done. This was not a cheap one either so a bit surprised and dismayed (I use it maybe two times a week) and I cannot afford another.  Really not happy with the prospect of cooking french fries and such in the oven as it takes longer and more power (and fries usually turn our almost rock hard with little flavour).  Haven't deep fried anything in a long time and don't want to go back to that mess (as well as what to do with the used oil) again. Deep frying is also very unhealthy, particularly for us older folks. 

Normally a 32 oz bottle of safflower oil (which is rather expensive compared to that canola or soy rubbish) lasts me months.  Still have about a quarter of the bottle left which I bought back in April.

• kyoto kid said:

..'plaint:  I think my air fryer died.  Was making my garlic pepper tarragon roasted red potatoes in it last night when suddenly it went quiet with about 12 min left on the timer.  The power and heating pilot lights on it both went out but the timer was still working so it didn't pop a breaker (I checked that as well).  Had to finish "cooking" the potatoes in the nuker as it would have taken too long to heat up the oven as the fish and veggies were just about done. This was not a cheap one either so a bit surprised and dismayed (I use it maybe two times a week) and I cannot afford another.  Really not happy with the prospect of cooking french fries and such in the oven as it takes longer and more power (and fries usually turn our almost rock hard with little flavour).  Haven't deep fried anything in a long time and don't want to go back to that mess (as well as what to do with the used oil) again. Deep frying is also very unhealthy, particularly for us older folks. 

Normally a 32 oz bottle of safflower oil (which is rather expensive compared to that canola or soy rubbish) lasts me months.  Still have about a quarter of the bottle left which I bought back in April.

I do not put fish in my air fryer.

RIP to yours... :(

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,876
    kyoto kid said:
    Mystarra said:

savory tidbits in gravy.

I think the only times I've ever eaten Popeye's were when KFC just wasn't available.

kyoto kid said:

I do not put fish in my air fryer.

RIP to yours... :(

...the fish was in the skillet on the stove, only the potatoe wedges were in the air fryer. I don't cook any meats poultry or seafood in it even though supposedly you can. . 

edited September 2019
    kyoto kid said:
    Mystarra said:

savory tidbits in gravy.

...lived in New Orleans back in the late 70s so am actually quite familiar with them.  Like Starbucks here, they were over the place.  Here in Portland though I think there are only three Popeye's, two out in the burbs and one somewhere in northeast area which takes two transfers to get to).

In the neighbourhood of Portland where I currently live everything is pretty much "hoity toity" except for the Subway on the 1st floor of the building I live in, and this new local burger joint a couple blocks away which opened in July which actually has really good burgers at very a reasonable price (instead of 13$ - 18$) and alternatives to the standard HFCS/Diet fountain drinks like draft iced coffee and real fruit smoothies.

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,872
    Mystarra said:
    Mystarra said:

I guess the truth doesn't matter anymore. 

oops tjohn already mentioned that one. smiley

i was watching a utube clip about how to spot a liar.

totally creeped me out.  they showed oj doing the doping smile.  eek, scary like dr giggles.
    then they showed bill clinton lieing.

i known doctors can lie straight to your face without batting an eyelash.  but i can partially sense it.  in those cases i jabber gibberish. confound them, i say!

Convincing liars are the ones that have sold themselves on the lie that they believe it is true.

I have known people who lie so much the only person they convince is themselves.

corporate gangstas in white smocks.

what is the root of the lieing psychie  what causes it.  never understood it.  in situations where the lie is completely unnecessary.  does it give an adrenalin lie high?

fear... fear is usually the motivator of everything.

fear is the mind killer...

It is said that on a fundamental level all actions are motivated by either love or fear, no exceptions. 

• I'm still trying to move some files to the new hard drive.  I'm going to buy an external USB hard drive for my photos.

• Gordig said:
    kyoto kid said:
    Mystarra said:

savory tidbits in gravy.

I think the only times I've ever eaten Popeye's were when KFC just wasn't available.

I prefer Pop-eyes. Though I'll stop in to KFC now and then.

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,872
    kyoto kid said:
    Taoz said:
    Skiriki said:
    DanaTA said:

Hi!!!

Dana

I prefer tacos...

I had tacos yesterday.  Prolly will make them at home sometime this week.  I think tacos might be the source of my super power, which is napping.

Napping is an admirable super power. I try not to advertise mine because I like that moment of realization when someone discovers them for the first time. The shock and awe of the moment.

Well, if you get shock and awe discovering that your super power is napping, then you're doing it wrong!

I actually have more than one super power.  Cooking is one of them.  But I don't clean.  Often.  Hardly ever.  That's why we have machines!

Taoz said:

Email scammer mess up:

Ah, now I get it.  These girls are so expensive that I need to take out a loan to afford them, geometrically speaking.

Well you have to draw a line somewhere.

• kyoto kid said:
    kyoto kid said:
    Mystarra said:

savory tidbits in gravy.

...lived in New Orleans back in the late 70s so am actually quite familiar with them.  Like Starbucks here, they were over the place.  Here in Portland though I think there are only three Popeye's, two out in the burbs and one somewhere in northeast area which takes two transfers to get to).

In the neighbourhood of Portland where I currently live everything is pretty much "hoity toity" except for the Subway on the 1st floor of the building I live in, and this new local burger joint a couple blocks away which opened in July which actually has really good burgers at very a reasonable price (instead of 13$ - 18$) and alternatives to the standard HFCS/Diet fountain drinks like draft iced coffee and real fruit smoothies.

I practically lived on Popeye'sheart in Florida but up here the nearest Popeye's is in Buffalo, at least two hours away if I had a car.  Perhaps I could have it delivered?frown

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,440
    edited September 2019

Non-complaint:  I think I've fixed my secondary computer's problem with its ability to recover from screen blanking and sleep.  It's an old machine and the motherboard's video circuits died long ago.  I bought a separate video card, GeForce GT-730 (specifically an MSI N730-2GD3V3 using PCI-Ex16 connector) and have been using it for the last few years.  But it would give me trouble when waking from sleep or screen blanking, requiring a forced powerdown.sad  Today on a brainstorm I took a look at the BIOS settings and discovered that the Principle Video card had automatically switched from "On-Board" to "PCI" when I had inserted the new video card so many years ago.  But there was a third option.  "PCI-E". surprise  Hmmm..., thinks I.  Could this be a simple solution?  Is there enough difference between PCI and PCI-E that it would confuse the computer or video card during recovery from lower states of consciousness?  So, I manually switched it to "PCI-E", rebooted and turned on screen saver to blank and permitted the machine to sleep after an hour.  I've woken it a couple of times and it has not yet given me any indication of problem.  In fact, the display seems to be much more responsive in general.  Perhaps it's just wishful thinking but another couple of days of testing should tell.indecision

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621
    edited September 2019

Speechless emoticon

Post edited by Sven Dullah on
  • i'm posting this before I forget again.  Some third party sellers on Amazon are so slow to ship!  Amazon budget shipping would be faster.  arg.  I'm still waiting for a USB cable that I ordered 10 days ago.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    Taoz said:
    kyoto kid said:
    Taoz said:
    Skiriki said:
    DanaTA said:

Hi!!!

Dana

I prefer tacos...

Taoz said:

Email scammer mess up:

Well you have to draw a line somewhere.

draw hyootenusees

i nver get offers of mail order brides.  dont think they caught on to same sex marriage laws
    or equal opportunity mail order husbands.

tis the season to start baking 

is there no such thing as ginger cookies withOUT molasses?

wanna try baking pumpkin muffns and pineapple upside down muffns. 

• i'm posting this before I forget again.  Some third party sellers on Amazon are so slow to ship!  Amazon budget shipping would be faster.  arg.  I'm still waiting for a USB cable that I ordered 10 days ago.

Yeah, if it's a choice between a 3rd party shipper or Amazon I'll pick Amazon even if it costs a bit more, with or without shipping.

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,172
    Gordig said:
    kyoto kid said:
    Mystarra said:

savory tidbits in gravy.

There's a Popeye's in my old city.  I like the Cajun flavoring, and the spicy fries.  I don't get fast food very often, though, and it's a half hour drive away.  So, don't go there very often.

Dana

• I didn't have popeye's... but managed to eat too much. BLARGH!

I have no idea what day of the week it is... They've all run together.

It doesn't feel like a Wednesday...

• chaynawolfsmoonchaynawolfsmoon Posts: 675
    edited September 2019

complaint: my will power collapsed... I spent too much money this week.

also complaint: the splash screen on 4.12 is ugly. I want something sexy on my splash screen.

Post edited by chaynawolfsmoon on

complaint: my will power collapsed... I spent too much money this week.

also complaint: the splash screen on 4.12 is ugly. I want something sexy on my splash screen.

we should render alternate splash screens enlightenedangel men in skimp yes

tears don't wash away the floater shmootz

Oldies flashback radio

Bill lee dont be a heer roh,  toot toot whistel

This discussion has been closed.