My phone will not charge complaint thread

Comments

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,072

A developer bought a park and bulldozed it.  All the trees are gone.  :(  I guess the developer is building an apartment building or parking garage.   I can't wait to retire and move to a small city away from big construction projects and crowds.  That is all.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    carrie58 said:

Complaint :Try to download Studio 4.12  and after waiting a half hour it told me it would take 5 hours ...... WTW?

yeah d/ls are crawling.    had the spinners for a while

sounds like hockey starting

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,172

Still having trouble with the store...on two different browsers.  I give up.

Dana

• radiaradia Posts: 128
    edited September 2019

Yes - I'm trying to place an order with the nice blue suede 50% stacking discount, but keep getting a cloudflare error when I try to check out. Tried Firefox and Opera - no good with either. It's 3.30 in the morning where I live, so I need to go to bed!

Post edited by radia on

The Store finally settled and it worked!

Dana

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,932
    Mystarra said:

..ugh, hockey, longest season in sports.  They started pre season Hockey about a week ago and the Stanley cup Finals usually conclude sometime in the middle of June, 

• Subtropic PixelSubtropic Pixel Posts: 2,378
    edited September 2019

hmmm... so my deck is in bad shape. is it a good idea to cover it with a tarp for the fall/winter. or will that make things worse?

i'm sure my neighbors will complain... they complain about everything... when i would sunbath they would complain, when i entertained guests they complained, when raccoons walk through they complain (as if i want raccoons), and so on... i need to borrow a pressure cleaner from my mom and now i have a vine moving in...

argh!

If you pressure-wash, be ready to stain or paint it immediately after it dries, like within a week or two.  Stained or painted wood always lasts A LOT LONGER than untreated wood.

Gordig said:
    kyoto kid said:

We will complain if this gets into politics, or accusations.

It's Tuesday. Which is kind of the anti-Thursday. I have no intentions of making it worse by involving politics, accusations, or any number of unsavory topics.

Now savory topics... I'm all in. wink

...I look it as a, analogue of Thursday as its two days removed from the weekend, but the one proceeding instead of following it..

I wonder what it would be like if we had eight days in the week instead of 7. Would we have a three day weekend or six day work/school week?

We should have a fourday weekend and a three day work week. I think that is the only reasonable arrangement for a 7 day work week. In an 8 day work week we should have a 5 day weekend and a 3 day work week.

I havea 3-day work week...but I'm also super poor.

This is also why some countries with limited hours per week are also limited in their wealth generation.  It's nice to think about days off, but working is generally the more proven path toward overall success.  Of course, the second part of that is retaining what you've earned (not giving it up through taxes, regulations, or foolishness).

Non-complaint:  I think I've fixed my secondary computer's problem with its ability to recover from screen blanking and sleep.  It's an old machine and the motherboard's video circuits died long ago.  I bought a separate video card, GeForce GT-730 (specifically an MSI N730-2GD3V3 using PCI-Ex16 connector) and have been using it for the last few years.  But it would give me trouble when waking from sleep or screen blanking, requiring a forced powerdown.sad  Today on a brainstorm I took a look at the BIOS settings and discovered that the Principle Video card had automatically switched from "On-Board" to "PCI" when I had inserted the new video card so many years ago.  But there was a third option.  "PCI-E". surprise  Hmmm..., thinks I.  Could this be a simple solution?  Is there enough difference between PCI and PCI-E that it would confuse the computer or video card during recovery from lower states of consciousness?  So, I manually switched it to "PCI-E", rebooted and turned on screen saver to blank and permitted the machine to sleep after an hour.  I've woken it a couple of times and it has not yet given me any indication of problem.  In fact, the display seems to be much more responsive in general.  Perhaps it's just wishful thinking but another couple of days of testing should tell.indecision

You do know that writing on the wall you mentioned in a prior post...it's still there, right?

Mystarra said:

complaint: my will power collapsed... I spent too much money this week.

also complaint: the splash screen on 4.12 is ugly. I want something sexy on my splash screen.

we should render alternate splash screens enlightenedangel men in skimp yes

For all the money I've spent... I still haven't bought a male character. I'll have to check PC+ for someone. And clothes. And hair. I could just try putting my female faces on the male default model...A little facial hair and some could be quite good looking fellas.

Men's fashion is kind of boring. How do you fellas survive? Though, it is probably cheaper for guys.

That depends on what you think of as boring.  I never get so many looks from the ladies as when I'm wearing a nice shirt and tie.  So to me that's not boring at all.  ;)  Oh, and let's not forget the shoes.  Shoes are more important than most of us guys know. 

Complaint:  Arghhh..., my secondary computer recently rescued from the shelf with minor hardware thwacks against the head, and updated software and tweaks to video card boot configuration has just pooped on the hard drive and is barely functional. Arghhh... crying

Cursory diagnostics to repair the boot process, and a filesystem scan both indicated that there is "unfixable corruption".  Ugh!  OK, so now what?sad

The "C" drive in that machine is a 1TB WD "Black" drive that was replaced only a year or so ago.  It passes the hardware diagnostics with flying colors.  But just in case, I've removed it and set it aside for archival purposes for now.  I've replaced it with a slightly used 750GB WD "Black" drive that had been used for a couple years in another machine before I erased it and replaced it with a bigger drive.  It should be OK.  I'm currently installing Win10-Home from a downloaded Win10 installation that has been burned to a DVD.  I'm using that machine's original Win7 license key that the free Win10 installation used previously during the free upgrade offer.  It seems to be working so far.  Lots of Win10 updates still to be installed but it's proceeding smoothly.yes  

However, the good news out of this affair was that before the disk failure and after I had changed the machine's BIOS setting to configure the proper PCI-E socket for the video card, everything related to video problems was resolved.  And this new Win10 installation is having no problems with the video card.  So, I seemed to have fixed one problem only to be stabbed in the back by another.  Are we sure we want to let computers take over the world?surprise

Okay, what I said above about that writing on the wall?  Nevermind.  winkcheeky

Post edited by Subtropic Pixel on
  • I gave the Face Transfer thing a whirl. I came out way tanner than I am, looking like I'm 12, my lips were super thin, I look confused, and the Daz tattoo is on my forehead rather than a tramp stamp.

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,047

I still smell like pork chops... took a shower right after I grilled, washed my hair twice, took a shower this morning... still smell delicious...

Don't get me wrong, I’d be all over “Pork Chop” or “Bacon” Axe Body Spray if it were a thing... (it’s not... right?)... but I’m afraid I’d start gnawing on myself... my arm hair smells pretty porky right now... very tempting... 

I don’t know if I made it clear that while I was grilling, I was caught up in that smoke tornado swirling around the grill... I steeped in it.

My tears probably taste like that salty Greek lemon pork sauce...

The pork chops weren’t bad... 

I do smell very porky...

To be safe I’m going to douse myself with Axe “Apollo” scent... which was very misleading as it smells nothing like any of the lunar mission vehicles or hardware (which is kind of a combination of old pc boards, hot wires, warm transformers, technology dust, warm Kevlar, machined aluminum and foam rubber... not necessarily in that order... more of a potpourri)...

Yes, I know Axe body spray is more for 18 - 25 year old bro dudes who want to smell weird on the bus, but it’s very convenient for me as I’m a very sweaty piggy... and hopefully it will forestall my temptation towards auto-canibalism today.

• McGyver said:

I still smell like pork chops... took a shower right after I grilled, washed my hair twice, took a shower this morning... still smell delicious...

Don't get me wrong, I’d be all over “Pork Chop” or “Bacon” Axe Body Spray if it were a thing... (it’s not... right?)... but I’m afraid I’d start gnawing on myself... my arm hair smells pretty porky right now... very tempting... 

I don’t know if I made it clear that while I was grilling, I was caught up in that smoke tornado swirling around the grill... I steeped in it.

I do smell very porky...

To be safe I’m going to douse myself with Axe “Apollo” scent... which was very misleading as it smells nothing like any of the lunar mission vehicles or hardware (which is kind of a combination of old pc boards, hot wires, warm transformers, technology dust, warm Kevlar, machined aluminum and foam rubber... not necessarily in that order... more of a potpourri)...

Yes, I know Axe body spray is more for 18 - 25 year old bro dudes who want to smell weird on the bus, but it’s very convenient for me as I’m a very sweaty piggy... and hopefully it will forestall my temptation towards auto-canibalism today.

Ewww... I hate that left oversomeone cooked something and rubbed it in your hair smell. Then when you wash your hair it all comes back out. 

I gave the Face Transfer thing a whirl. I came out way tanner than I am, looking like I'm 12, my lips were super thin, I look confused, and the Daz tattoo is on my forehead rather than a tramp stamp.

I should DL the new version and try it out... I already have a DAZ logo on my forehead though... more of a scar... I got it battling one of those stupid DAZ Victoria 28 terminator robots from the near future... Which was very disappointing since they aren’t as naked as you’d expect when they time travel... that stupid purple “bikini” texture is so fake too... better than the angry Roombas though.

kyoto kid said:
    Mystarra said:

..ugh, hockey, longest season in sports.  They started pre season Hockey about a week ago and the Stanley cup Finals usually conclude sometime in the middle of June, 

I thought Curling had the longest season... well, I assumed... I knew someone who actually watched it and like five minutes seemed like twelve weeks, so I just assumed a season would take decades...

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    McGyver said:

I gave the Face Transfer thing a whirl. I came out way tanner than I am, looking like I'm 12, my lips were super thin, I look confused, and the Daz tattoo is on my forehead rather than a tramp stamp.

I should DL the new version and try it out... I already have a DAZ logo on my forehead though... more of a scar... I got it battling one of those stupid DAZ Victoria 28 terminator robots from the near future... Which was very disappointing since they aren’t as naked as you’d expect when they time travel... that stupid purple “bikini” texture is so fake too... better than the angry Roombas though.

Have an online friend who has just bought a roomba, a very angry and fierce roomba,  or at least that is what one of his dogs thinks.  Took him 2 days to stop telling everyone that there was a fierce angry monster around.  Now he is just hiding in another room hoping the monster will stay away.

McGyver said:

I do smell very porky...

sauce? not gravy?

Axe lol  the main man scent that has me trailing after a guy on the street is sandalwood.
    true story, i was outside a deli on Second Ave near 43rd.
    a whiff of sandalwood hit me, followed it all the way to 26th street

comm plainnt  vision woes woesier.  cant read the display on day job phone.
    pity cause part of my job is to answer the phone.
    i think they waiting for me to tell them i can't do the job no mores.devil
    i can rustle papers til the cows, the whold herd, comes home.

• Roombas are vicious!

• RedfernRedfern Posts: 1,593

Roombas are vicious!

Yet many cats seem to find great personal transports!  Trundling around like little Daleks.

Sincerely,

Bill

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    Redfern said:

Roombas are vicious!

Yet many cats seem to find great personal transports!  Trundling around like little Daleks.

Sincerely,

Bill

Yeah   but apparently Sheltie dogs are more suspicious of the scary stranger in their midst.

• Redfern said:

Roombas are vicious!

Sincerely,

Bill

I'm imaging cats taking over the world in their war machines...  "YOU WILL PET US! YOU WILL!"

Redfern said:

Roombas are vicious!

Sincerely,

Bill

I'm imaging cats taking over the world in their war machines...  "YOU WILL PET US! YOU WILL!"

inside the dalek shell is a cat?

• RedfernRedfern Posts: 1,593
    edited September 2019
    Mystarra said:
    Redfern said:

Roombas are vicious!

Sincerely,

Bill

Given their sense of superiority, what else could reside in those armored casings? surprise

Sincerely,

Bill

Cat-n-Casing-J-1.jpg
    600 x 600 - 110K
    Post edited by Redfern on
  • Redfern said:
    Mystarra said:
    Redfern said:

Roombas are vicious!

Sincerely,

Bill

Given their sense of superiority, what else could reside in those armored casings? surprise

Sincerely,

Bill

It is all so clear now. No one would suspect something so fluffy and cuddly inside something so cold and maniacal.

• WinterMoonWinterMoon Posts: 1,904
    edited September 2019

Complaint!!!: I installed DS 4.12 via DIM, and now it's just... *poof* gone. All the files are there, but the program itself appears to be MIA, and I'm also getting weird messages from the site about time-outs and stuff.

Edit: The rascal was hiding in the DIM "ready to be installed" tab.

Post edited by WinterMoon on
  • TigerAnne said:

Complaint!!!: I installed DS 4.12 via DIM, and now it's just... *poof* gone. All the files are there, but the program itself appears to be MIA, and I'm also getting weird messages from the site about time-outs and stuff.

I'd punch it in the face. I'm a violent girl sometimes. angel

TigerAnne said:

In my experience with the DIM, when something is still in there, it means there was a problem and the installation failed.  That is, if you have the checkbox checked that says Install after download.

Dana

Redfern said:
    Mystarra said:
    Redfern said:

Roombas are vicious!

Sincerely,

Bill

Sincerely,

Bill

yes  laugh

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,441
    edited September 2019

Complaint:  Background...  My apartment is about 1/3 of the house, another family occupies the other 2/3.  My livingroom/office is near the left front of the house, but behind an enclosed porch to which I have no access.  The other family has the only door into the enclosed porch and through to the actual front door of the house.  My livingroom has two windows that open into the enclosed porch.  This means that any noise in my livingroom or the enclosed porch is easily heard in either area.  For 10 years I've lived here and none of the several other tenants ever used the enclosed porch for anything except storage.  Now this new family has used it as a playroom for their children.  indecision  Wise move on their part, the kids are out of sight, out of mind, and if the interior door is shut, out of their earshot.  But not MINE.sad

Fine, I can deal with that as long as they don't yell and scream, and as long as they come & go (as children are wont to do ) I'll eventually get my quiet back.  UNFORTUNATELY, a couple weeks ago apparently there is an now an electronic child hypnotic entertainment device (probably a DVD & TV) that has been installed in there and is turned on as soon as the older child (4 years old) is up and is left on all freakin' day playing the same freakin' child oriented program over and freakin' over whether or not the child is in the room.  Squeaky voices, rapid, giggley, freakin' voices over and freakin' over until the parents go to bed.angry

I combat this by playing my TV louder than I have had to do in the past.  But there are long periods where I am simply sitting in the quiet trying to read or vegetating or absent-mindedly browsing YouTube menus and I am assaulted by those freakin' rapid, giggley freakin' voices over and freakin' over.crying  The problem is especially troublesome when I'm at my desk using the computer because my head is literally two feet away from the window.  At those times I fire up my music system and put on something loud enough to try to drown out the noise.  Wagner works well.  I can also put on my headphones but that gets tiresome after 4 hours.

I've been trying to figure out how to approach the parents without becoming "that old fart" who is a complaining ass.  I haven't yet come to completely understand my new neighbors.  They seem quiet and civil enough but the guy is bigger'n me, 1/3 my age, has a big Harley motorcycle, a Mohawk haircut, and tattoos on his face!  Now, I completely understand the motorcycle, and the haircut.  I did that myself a lifetime ago, but the tattoos on the face tend to say too much.  Either he's badass or else he made a really bad decision once.

I could continue to battle the freakin' rapid, giggley freakin' voices with Wagner rattling the windows but that's a cold war I don't really want to get embroiled in.  I wouldn't mind so much if they could just train the kid to turn off (or even down) the freakin' rapid, giggley freakin' voices when he left the room.

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on

I’m disappointed in all of you... just now it’s starting to dawn on y’all that cats* are secretly working together to take over the world?… For years I’ve been saying this... the ravings of a lunatic I suppose... humph... what did you think the Internet was for?  Advancing science and technology... bringing the world closer together? 

Cute kitty videos to lure you into a cuteness stupor.

* If you’ve been following my ravings, not all “cats” are cats... but that’s been explained already... 

• I wish I had a minor complaint complaint

This discussion has been closed.