My phone will not charge complaint thread

Comments

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,932
    McGyver said:

I still smell like pork chops... took a shower right after I grilled, washed my hair twice, took a shower this morning... still smell delicious...

Don't get me wrong, I’d be all over “Pork Chop” or “Bacon” Axe Body Spray if it were a thing... (it’s not... right?)... but I’m afraid I’d start gnawing on myself... my arm hair smells pretty porky right now... very tempting... 

...though you'd likely gain a following of all the neighbourhood dogs. 

• Rasberri said:

I wish I had a minor complaint complaint

Your wish is granted. You have a minor complaint complaint. 

You will be billed.

You're welcome.

edited September 2019
    McGyver said:
    kyoto kid said:
    Mystarra said:

sounds like hockey starting

..ugh, hockey, longest season in sports.  They started pre season Hockey about a week ago and the Stanley cup Finals usually conclude sometime in the middle of June, 

I thought Curling had the longest season... well, I assumed... I knew someone who actually watched it and like five minutes seemed like twelve weeks, so I just assumed a season would take decades...

...popular in Wisconsin and Minnesota though. Of course during winters there (which can last 5 months or longer) what else is there to do for entertainment other than shovelling snow, drinking, and playing sheepshead?

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    Redfern said:
    Mystarra said:
    Redfern said:

Roombas are vicious!

Yet many cats seem to find great personal transports!  Trundling around like little Daleks.

Sincerely,

Bill

I'm imaging cats taking over the world in their war machines...  "YOU WILL PET US! YOU WILL!"

inside the dalek shell is a cat?

Given their sense of superiority, what else could reside in those armored casings? surprise

Sincerely,

Bill

...yes

DanaTA said:
    TigerAnne said:

Complaint!!!: I installed DS 4.12 via DIM, and now it's just... *poof* gone. All the files are there, but the program itself appears to be MIA, and I'm also getting weird messages from the site about time-outs and stuff.

Edit: The rascal was hiding in the DIM "ready to be installed" tab.

In my experience with the DIM, when something is still in there, it means there was a problem and the installation failed.  That is, if you have the checkbox checked that says Install after download.

Dana

..I keep that box unchecked as it does cause install fails sometimes, particularly when you are installing several products.

edited September 2019

Complaint:  Background...  My apartment is about 1/3 of the house, another family occupies the other 2/3.  My livingroom/office is near the left front of the house, but behind an enclosed porch to which I have no access.  The other family has the only door into the enclosed porch and through to the actual front door of the house.  My livingroom has two windows that open into the enclosed porch.  This means that any noise in my livingroom or the enclosed porch is easily heard in either area.  For 10 years I've lived here and none of the several other tenants ever used the enclosed porch for anything except storage.  Now this new family has used it as a playroom for their children.  indecision  Wise move on their part, the kids are out of sight, out of mind, and if the interior door is shut, out of their earshot.  But not MINE.sad

Fine, I can deal with that as long as they don't yell and scream, and as long as they come & go (as children are wont to do ) I'll eventually get my quiet back.  UNFORTUNATELY, a couple weeks ago apparently there is an now an electronic child hypnotic entertainment device (probably a DVD & TV) that has been installed in there and is turned on as soon as the older child (4 years old) is up and is left on all freakin' day playing the same freakin' child oriented program over and freakin' over whether or not the child is in the room.  Squeaky voices, rapid, giggley, freakin' voices over and freakin' over until the parents go to bed.angry

I combat this by playing my TV louder than I have had to do in the past.  But there are long periods where I am simply sitting in the quiet trying to read or vegetating or absent-mindedly browsing YouTube menus and I am assaulted by those freakin' rapid, giggley freakin' voices over and freakin' over.crying  The problem is especially troublesome when I'm at my desk using the computer because my head is literally two feet away from the window.  At those times I fire up my music system and put on something loud enough to try to drown out the noise.  Wagner works well.  I can also put on my headphones but that gets tiresome after 4 hours.

I've been trying to figure out how to approach the parents without becoming "that old fart" who is a complaining ass.  I haven't yet come to completely understand my new neighbors.  They seem quiet and civil enough but the guy is bigger'n me, 1/3 my age, has a big Harley motorcycle, a Mohawk haircut, and tattoos on his face!  Now, I completely understand the motorcycle, and the haircut.  I did that myself a lifetime ago, but the tattoos on the face tend to say too much.  Either he's badass or else he made a really bad decision once.

I could continue to battle the freakin' rapid, giggley freakin' voices with Wagner rattling the windows but that's a cold war I don't really want to get embroiled in.  I wouldn't mind so much if they could just train the kid to turn off (or even down) the freakin' rapid, giggley freakin' voices when he left the room.

...sounds like you need a pair of wireless noise cancelling headphones. Not inexpensive but well worth the price. 

Nice to listen to music without the interruption of frequent sirens, the drunk/drugged out people on the sidewalks below my window shouting & sometimes screaming at the top of their lungs, the "speed racers" in their "flatulence can" equipped kiddie cars or way overpowered exotic sports cars revving their engines at the stoplight waiting for it to turn green and then peeling out (much worse than the last neighbourhood I lived in), and the shrill yapping "mini-dog" in the flat across the hall and a door down.

The only thing they don't seem to work well for are those cars with sub-woofer boom boom speakers and thousand watt amps as I can actually feel the air vibrating when one goes by.

McGyver said:

I’m disappointed in all of you... just now it’s starting to dawn on y’all that cats* are secretly working together to take over the world?… For years I’ve been saying this... the ravings of a lunatic I suppose... humph... what did you think the Internet was for?  Advancing science and technology... bringing the world closer together? 

Cute kitty videos to lure you into a cuteness stupor.

* If you’ve been following my ravings, not all “cats” are cats... but that’s been explained already... 

..oh I've lived with cats, I know they've owned us for centuries, millennia, eons.  Crikey the ancient Egyptians even worshipped them.

• RedfernRedfern Posts: 1,593

Hmm...I didn't expect that silly lil' render (one I made years ago) to prove so popular.

Sincerely,

Bill

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,172
    kyoto kid said:
    DanaTA said:
    TigerAnne said:

Complaint!!!: I installed DS 4.12 via DIM, and now it's just... *poof* gone. All the files are there, but the program itself appears to be MIA, and I'm also getting weird messages from the site about time-outs and stuff.

In my experience with the DIM, when something is still in there, it means there was a problem and the installation failed.  That is, if you have the checkbox checked that says Install after download.

Dana

..I keep that box unchecked as it does cause install fails sometimes, particularly when you are installing several products.

I start it up now and then, not every time I get something.  And I check what I want downloaded, and I have that checked, and when there's a problem, it doesn't matter if that is checked or not.  The problem one will still get stuck in theReady to Install tab, but the others get installed.  I look at the log and usually there's a path problem with one of the components of the product, or a missing file.  So much for quality control, I guess.  But it happens quite rarely.

I wish I knew why the old dinosaurs happily install in DS 4, but don't show up when you load DS and look for them.  And what to do about that.  I started uninstalling them and installing them into a different runtime manually, a Poser format runtime.  But that will be a pain to do with all similar products.

Dana

• Observation: I sure do spend a lot of time setting up scenes... and still manage to have aggregious issues. 

Plus: I'm hungry.

• I accidentaly bought a USB part too early.  I meant to buy it next month.  Now I am out $15.  I was trying to save the $15 to buy something from Daz's Fastgrab. lol.  T'is life, I suppose.

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,441
    edited September 2019
    kyoto kid said:

Complaint:  Background...  My apartment is about 1/3 of the house, another family occupies the other 2/3.  My livingroom/office is near the left front of the house, but behind an enclosed porch to which I have no access.  The other family has the only door into the enclosed porch and through to the actual front door of the house.  My livingroom has two windows that open into the enclosed porch.  This means that any noise in my livingroom or the enclosed porch is easily heard in either area.  For 10 years I've lived here and none of the several other tenants ever used the enclosed porch for anything except storage.  Now this new family has used it as a playroom for their children.  indecision  Wise move on their part, the kids are out of sight, out of mind, and if the interior door is shut, out of their earshot.  But not MINE.sad

Fine, I can deal with that as long as they don't yell and scream, and as long as they come & go (as children are wont to do ) I'll eventually get my quiet back.  UNFORTUNATELY, a couple weeks ago apparently there is an now an electronic child hypnotic entertainment device (probably a DVD & TV) that has been installed in there and is turned on as soon as the older child (4 years old) is up and is left on all freakin' day playing the same freakin' child oriented program over and freakin' over whether or not the child is in the room.  Squeaky voices, rapid, giggley, freakin' voices over and freakin' over until the parents go to bed.angry

I combat this by playing my TV louder than I have had to do in the past.  But there are long periods where I am simply sitting in the quiet trying to read or vegetating or absent-mindedly browsing YouTube menus and I am assaulted by those freakin' rapid, giggley freakin' voices over and freakin' over.crying  The problem is especially troublesome when I'm at my desk using the computer because my head is literally two feet away from the window.  At those times I fire up my music system and put on something loud enough to try to drown out the noise.  Wagner works well.  I can also put on my headphones but that gets tiresome after 4 hours.

I've been trying to figure out how to approach the parents without becoming "that old fart" who is a complaining ass.  I haven't yet come to completely understand my new neighbors.  They seem quiet and civil enough but the guy is bigger'n me, 1/3 my age, has a big Harley motorcycle, a Mohawk haircut, and tattoos on his face!  Now, I completely understand the motorcycle, and the haircut.  I did that myself a lifetime ago, but the tattoos on the face tend to say too much.  Either he's badass or else he made a really bad decision once.

I could continue to battle the freakin' rapid, giggley freakin' voices with Wagner rattling the windows but that's a cold war I don't really want to get embroiled in.  I wouldn't mind so much if they could just train the kid to turn off (or even down) the freakin' rapid, giggley freakin' voices when he left the room.

...sounds like you need a pair of wireless noise cancelling headphones. Not inexpensive but well worth the price. 

Nice to listen to music without the interruption of frequent sirens, the drunk/drugged out people on the sidewalks below my window shouting & sometimes screaming at the top of their lungs, the "speed racers" in their "flatulence can" equipped kiddie cars or way overpowered exotic sports cars revving their engines at the stoplight waiting for it to turn green and then peeling out (much worse than the last neighbourhood I lived in), and the shrill yapping "mini-dog" in the flat across the hall and a door down.

The only thing they don't seem to work well for are those cars with sub-woofer boom boom speakers and thousand watt amps as I can actually feel the air vibrating when one goes by.

I have a pair of nice wireless headphones.  But still, wearing them all day gets old.indecision  Oh, you said "noise cancelling"...  never mind.blush

I guess incessantly playing kiddie programs is better than what you described.  Ah, city life.  I don't miss it.  Where I lived in Washington, DC (corner of 6th & P NW) was in the area home to the "'O' Street Gang".  A shot in the dark was not an unusual noise.  We even had someone get knifed and wander into our front yard to die.frown  Admittedly we were one street away from "O" street.  Additionally 6th St.(which is a  main N/S thoroughfare through the NW quadrant of DC. It's actually a fragment of US Route 1, which runs over 2000 miles from Key West, Florida to Fort Kent, Maine) which is a relatively busy thoroughfare and unlike the dark corner of 5th & "O" which is where many of the shots came from.  But despite the local wildlife it was home for us for several years and we never had any problem with the locals.  Although our car did get broken into when we were parked in a better part of the city while attending some function. Go figure!

US Route #1 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U.S._Route_1

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

craig's cat joke

is a little wait for it , laughing so hard can't get the joke out   tee heee wheeez

edited September 2019
    kyoto kid said:

I have a pair of nice wireless headphones.  But still, wearing them all day gets old.indecision  Oh, you said "noise cancelling"...  never mind.blush

I guess incessantly playing kiddie programs is better than what you described.  Ah, city life.  I don't miss it.  Where I lived in Washington, DC (corner of 6th & P NW) was in the area home to the "'O' Street Gang".  A shot in the dark was not an unusual noise.  We even had someone get knifed and wander into our front yard to die.frown  Admittedly we were one street away from "O" street.  Additionally 6th St.(which is a  main N/S thoroughfare through the NW quadrant of DC. It's actually a fragment of US Route 1, which runs over 2000 miles from Key West, Florida to Fort Kent, Maine) which is a relatively busy thoroughfare and unlike the dark corner of 5th & "O" which is where many of the shots came from.  But despite the local wildlife it was home for us for several years and we never had any problem with the locals.  Although our car did get broken into when we were parked in a better part of the city while attending some function. Go figure!

US Route #1 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U.S._Route_1

...yeah not being able to drive (can't afford it) means I have to stay in the city. Out here in Oregon, if you are in a rural area without a car you really are up the creek without a paddle as even the nearest Walmart (where I don't shop) can be at 20 - 30 miles away.

My old neighbourhood had its issues, but was nowhere as noisy (and at times, sketchy) as where I am now.   Just tonight I was several questionable people who I didn't know milling about the front door of my building so I went over to the park across the intersection to sit and wait until they left   You need a special security key to activate the lock to get in.  Management changed the two other doors to "exit only" so you can only enter the front door or the garage (which requires a separate ID device to open the grate) now. 

• Were any of you aware it is Friday?

edited September 2019

Were any of you aware it is Friday?

gracias a dios hoy es viernes

Post edited by Mistara on
  • TaozTaoz Posts: 9,872
    edited September 2019

Thanks God.  Though I guess it only matters if you have a normal job.  I can work when I want, which usually means I work every day in the week.

Post edited by Taoz on
  • Mystarra said:

While I publish under the name Gina de Luna... I don't know Spanish... Well not much.

Me: "Did I ever tell you how I got de Luna as a last name?"

Person on Street: "Are you talking to me strange woman?"

Me: "It is a tale to chill the soul... To break hearts..."

Other Person on Street: "Who is she talking to?"

(This probably actually happened...)

Mystarra said:

While I publish under the name Gina de Luna... I don't know Spanish... Well not much.

isnt it your 1st pet's name and the street you grew up on?

is how i made my name de plume, e vero! true

mi espagnol very limited.  i hear it all around me, starts to sink in after a while  lol

• WinterMoonWinterMoon Posts: 1,904
    McGyver said:

I’m disappointed in all of you... just now it’s starting to dawn on y’all that cats* are secretly working together to take over the world?… For years I’ve been saying this... the ravings of a lunatic I suppose... humph... what did you think the Internet was for?  Advancing science and technology... bringing the world closer together? 

I know, right!?! Cats are evolving opposable thumbs, and despite all the "experts" telling you that no, those thumbs aren't functional in the slightest, I know what I've seen with my own eyes! One of my cats was a polydactyl, and he could bend his "thumbs" a good 90 degrees. He would curve them around the edges of what narrow piece of surface he was currently balancing on. I don't know how much it helped, since the thumb-claw would be positioned sideways, but his little furry brain definitely understood the concept. Sometimes, he would pick up a piece of food using his paw as a sort of cup, and eat while he was holding it. I wonder if he was trying out something he'd seen humans do. He certainly knew what to do with door-handles, so he must have paid more attention to our behaviours than we realised.

• RedfernRedfern Posts: 1,593
    TigerAnne said:
    McGyver said:

I know, right!?! Cats are evolving opposable thumbs, and despite all the "experts" telling you that no, those thumbs aren't functional in the slightest, I know what I've seen with my own eyes! One of my cats was a polydactyl, and he could bend his "thumbs" a good 90 degrees. He would curve them around the edges of what narrow piece of surface he was currently balancing on. I don't know how much it helped, since the thumb-claw would be positioned sideways, but his little furry brain definitely understood the concept. Sometimes, he would pick up a piece of food using his paw as a sort of cup, and eat while he was holding it. I wonder if he was trying out something he'd seen humans do. He certainly knew what to do with door-handles, so he must have paid more attention to our behaviours than we realised.

Well, if and when they evolve to this state...

...I'll be requesting to purchase a marriage license! wink

Sincerely,

Bill

• Mystarra said:
    Mystarra said:

isnt it your 1st pet's name and the street you grew up on?

is how i made my name de plume, e vero! true

mi espagnol very limited.  i hear it all around me, starts to sink in after a while  lol

The pet and street name would not work for me at all. That would be a jumble of nonsense and two many syllables... I usually use names I used in games. Chayna Wolfsmoon comes from playing Everquest with my dad and uncle. Chayna rhymes with Gina. I had a lot of characters with "moon" in their last name but like Luna. Gina Luna isn't bad but it need a little spice... Gina de Luna... Now that rolls of the tongue. I also used the name Goodbody which I stole from a comicbook character my dad and I created so I ended up with Gina Goodbody de Luna on Facebook, Chayna-Gina on Deviant Art, and all sort of variations between all the places I post.

Whew...  

edited September 2019

I chose "Anne Craven" as my alter-ego based on... deep-rooted issues? Anne comes from this old song my Dad used to sing to me as a lullaby when I was a wee one, a Swedish folksong titled "Pretty Little Anna." For a while it had me confused, because "Anna" wasn't the name people usually called me by, although I liked it heaps better than my real name. Being only two or three years old, I came to the conclusion that Anna must be another little girl who lived in our garden, and I would go looking for her among the shrubs and flowering bushes. x) Many years later, I gave the name to one of my original characters. A few years later still, I chose "Anne" for myself, in honour of my father being a good dad.

Post edited by WinterMoon on

not remembering something doesn't hurt as bad as half remembering.  is a pesky niggle all day, like song names tip of the tongue.

radio playing a mosh song, it's like ding a dng dng a dng d d d, is not beastie boys

somebody put on a monster radio station, for a change.  was some kinda trible wailing the other day. drove me out of the building for a extra long lunch break.  i trespass on the building across the street, they have a lovely fountain lil coourtyard.  i come out of starbucks, go straight to the fountain with my cappaccino and pumpkin scone. cheeky

non complaint found a large lettered back lit keyboard

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,047

Complaint... the forum software isn’t letting me upload images from my iPad or iPhone... if it’s a linked image, it works, but to just attach an image to a post it just hangs infinitely on “uploading”...

Annoying, since now with iPadOS (iPad’s new standalone OS equivalent to iOS 13), you can use external memory like a flash drive... So I was like cool, I can upload images from my flash drives... 

Pfffft... yeah...

Seriously, it’s like anytime I intend to do anything fun the forum software breaks or impedes me...

A couple years ago (5?)  I was gonna redo the “Glossary for Noobs”  but of course, all of a sudden the stupid forums kept signing me out in the middle of posts... that would have made such a long series of posts tediously impossible... so I decided to wait for it to get fixed... months later I ended up losing the document I was going to use... sucked, because there was A LOT of new CGI terms I had collected and refined, a lot of work put into that and poof it was gone... totally my fault, but annoying since I couldn’t do it when I was intending...

I tried to have a WIP thread in the Art Studio forum... couldn’t upload images at the time because the forum was wonky, so I uploaded images to a thread I made at HiveWire so I could link to those images... a few months later their forum servers got hacked and the images were lost... again, not the direct fault of DAZ forum software, but if it was working properly in the first place... I lost interest in doing a WIP thread because as it was it felt show-offish or braggy and I didn’t feel like uploading the images again and figuring out what went where... it’s not like anyone read the thread anyway...

Then maybe two years ago, (which point I primarily post from my iPad) I had collected and reassembled the stupid “New and Improved Glossary for Noobs”, this time backed up to Gmail, iCloud and in both Pages and Notes format...  and on cue the day that decided I’d experiment on how copy/paste from Pages works with the forum... Bam... I start getting signed out in the middle of posts again... That only lasted about a week, but I just shelved it for a while... and just lost interest while the problem eventually went away...

Now I find out I can use external memory, which makes accessing my images and renders easier and more convenient and I start thinking maybe I’ll do a new WIP/fun thread, the stupid forum software is like “Uh... noooo”.

Apparently this doesn’t affect very many people (and this time it’s specifically an iOS issue), I know that there is very little chance of this going away any time soon.

Bite me Magento, you suck more than a million billion Hypostomus plecostomus on Redbull... 

McGyver said:

Complaint... the forum software isn’t letting me upload images from my iPad or iPhone... if it’s a linked image, it works, but to just attach an image to a post it just hangs infinitely on “uploading”...

Annoying, since now with iPadOS (iPad’s new standalone OS equivalent to iOS 13), you can use external memory like a flash drive... So I was like cool, I can upload images from my flash drives... 

Pfffft... yeah...

Seriously, it’s like anytime I intend to do anything fun the forum software breaks or impedes me...

A couple years ago (5?)  I was gonna redo the “Glossary for Noobs”  but of course, all of a sudden the stupid forums kept signing me out in the middle of posts... that would have made such a long series of posts tediously impossible... so I decided to wait for it to get fixed... months later I ended up losing the document I was going to use... sucked, because there was A LOT of new CGI terms I had collected and refined, a lot of work put into that and poof it was gone... totally my fault, but annoying since I couldn’t do it when I was intending...

I tried to have a WIP thread in the Art Studio forum... couldn’t upload images at the time because the forum was wonky, so I uploaded images to a thread I made at HiveWire so I could link to those images... a few months later their forum servers got hacked and the images were lost... again, not the direct fault of DAZ forum software, but if it was working properly in the first place... I lost interest in doing a WIP thread because as it was it felt show-offish or braggy and I didn’t feel like uploading the images again and figuring out what went where... it’s not like anyone read the thread anyway...

Then maybe two years ago, (which point I primarily post from my iPad) I had collected and reassembled the stupid “New and Improved Glossary for Noobs”, this time backed up to Gmail, iCloud and in both Pages and Notes format...  and on cue the day that decided I’d experiment on how copy/paste from Pages works with the forum... Bam... I start getting signed out in the middle of posts again... That only lasted about a week, but I just shelved it for a while... and just lost interest while the problem eventually went away...

Now I find out I can use external memory, which makes accessing my images and renders easier and more convenient and I start thinking maybe I’ll do a new WIP/fun thread, the stupid forum software is like “Uh... noooo”.

Apparently this doesn’t affect very many people (and this time it’s specifically an iOS issue), I know that there is very little chance of this going away any time soon.

Bite me Magento, you suck more than a million billion Hypostomus plecostomus on Redbull... 

having the same iphone woes

tried for 2 days to upload image of my hot dawgs from zoo trip

side note: i don't understand talking points.  where do the talking points come from?
    is wweired every new station newspaper saying the same things.  

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,441
    edited September 2019

Complaint:  Having decided to upgrade to a better primary computer for DAZzing, I've been doing my homework and piecing together various combinations, as assisted by a PC design software to watch for incompatabilities, and I've been watching many YouTube "So, you're an idiot that wants to build a PC" videos.  I've pierced the murky fog of techno geek speak and learned quite a bit.  

So, it comes down to this:  If I want a completely new system using a full size ATX motherboard I can either get great quality parts, lots of features for future h/w growth, and overclocking enough to fry eggs  for $2000.  Or I can get a functional system that doesn't overclock, has decent quality parts, and enough features and some ability to be upgraded as the need arises. for $1300.  Neither of which I can really afford.

The other option is to take one of my old Mini-ATX motherboard systems, and replace the motherboard and memory and CPU  for $600, then swap around my existing video cards, fans  and powersupply to get a "better" situation than I have.  Until I remember that I would still have to buy a new Win10 license. frown

So, the question is should I dive off a high cliff onto wooden stakes and broken glass or just break my legs and fall into a pit of nettles?sad

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on

So, the question is should I dive off a high cliff onto wooden stakes and broken glass or just break my legs and fall into a pit of nettles?sad

I guess just staying home and watching Inspector Morse isn't an option? If you go for one of the 1k+ options, does the price include stuff like the Win10 license, insurance, etc?

edited September 2019

...normally FishFryDay for me, but my air fryer is dead and I'm not into using the oven again for roasting potatoes and carrots as it takes forever and still is messy (as well as makes for more clutter as I need to use my second large cast iron skillet for the potatoes and a smaller one for the carrots).

Can't afford the 80+$ to replace it and then what do I do with the old one as things like this usually end up in landfills? 

• TigerAnne said:

I'd punch it in the face. I'm a violent girl sometimes. angel

Just be sure you use good form so as not to break your carpals or wrist, and good follow-through to put your opponent on his or her hamhocks so's you can make a fast getaway!

This discussion has been closed.