My phone will not charge complaint thread

Comments

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

the amazon prime movie rentals like potato chips hard to stop

thinkin on watching Tombstone with val kilmer

was it any good?

• I gave the Face Transfer thing a whirl. I came out way tanner than I am, looking like I'm 12, my lips were super thin, I look confused, and the Daz tattoo is on my forehead rather than a tramp stamp.

So, where is the tramp stamp supposed to be?  cheeky

Rasberri said:

I wish I had a minor complaint complaint

Your wish is granted. You have a minor complaint complaint. 

You will be billed.

You're welcome.

Now THAT is entrepreneurial and well done!  How is it again that you're still looking for work?

Mystarra said:

craig's cat joke

is a little wait for it , laughing so hard can't get the joke out   tee heee wheeez

His crackup was funnier than the joke.  smiley

kyoto kid said:
    kyoto kid said:

Complaint:  Background...  My apartment is about 1/3 of the house, another family occupies the other 2/3.  My livingroom/office is near the left front of the house, but behind an enclosed porch to which I have no access.  The other family has the only door into the enclosed porch and through to the actual front door of the house.  My livingroom has two windows that open into the enclosed porch.  This means that any noise in my livingroom or the enclosed porch is easily heard in either area.  For 10 years I've lived here and none of the several other tenants ever used the enclosed porch for anything except storage.  Now this new family has used it as a playroom for their children.  indecision  Wise move on their part, the kids are out of sight, out of mind, and if the interior door is shut, out of their earshot.  But not MINE.sad

Fine, I can deal with that as long as they don't yell and scream, and as long as they come & go (as children are wont to do ) I'll eventually get my quiet back.  UNFORTUNATELY, a couple weeks ago apparently there is an now an electronic child hypnotic entertainment device (probably a DVD & TV) that has been installed in there and is turned on as soon as the older child (4 years old) is up and is left on all freakin' day playing the same freakin' child oriented program over and freakin' over whether or not the child is in the room.  Squeaky voices, rapid, giggley, freakin' voices over and freakin' over until the parents go to bed.angry

I combat this by playing my TV louder than I have had to do in the past.  But there are long periods where I am simply sitting in the quiet trying to read or vegetating or absent-mindedly browsing YouTube menus and I am assaulted by those freakin' rapid, giggley freakin' voices over and freakin' over.crying  The problem is especially troublesome when I'm at my desk using the computer because my head is literally two feet away from the window.  At those times I fire up my music system and put on something loud enough to try to drown out the noise.  Wagner works well.  I can also put on my headphones but that gets tiresome after 4 hours.

I've been trying to figure out how to approach the parents without becoming "that old fart" who is a complaining ass.  I haven't yet come to completely understand my new neighbors.  They seem quiet and civil enough but the guy is bigger'n me, 1/3 my age, has a big Harley motorcycle, a Mohawk haircut, and tattoos on his face!  Now, I completely understand the motorcycle, and the haircut.  I did that myself a lifetime ago, but the tattoos on the face tend to say too much.  Either he's badass or else he made a really bad decision once.

I could continue to battle the freakin' rapid, giggley freakin' voices with Wagner rattling the windows but that's a cold war I don't really want to get embroiled in.  I wouldn't mind so much if they could just train the kid to turn off (or even down) the freakin' rapid, giggley freakin' voices when he left the room.

...sounds like you need a pair of wireless noise cancelling headphones. Not inexpensive but well worth the price. 

Nice to listen to music without the interruption of frequent sirens, the drunk/drugged out people on the sidewalks below my window shouting & sometimes screaming at the top of their lungs, the "speed racers" in their "flatulence can" equipped kiddie cars or way overpowered exotic sports cars revving their engines at the stoplight waiting for it to turn green and then peeling out (much worse than the last neighbourhood I lived in), and the shrill yapping "mini-dog" in the flat across the hall and a door down.

The only thing they don't seem to work well for are those cars with sub-woofer boom boom speakers and thousand watt amps as I can actually feel the air vibrating when one goes by.

I have a pair of nice wireless headphones.  But still, wearing them all day gets old.indecision  Oh, you said "noise cancelling"...  never mind.blush

I guess incessantly playing kiddie programs is better than what you described.  Ah, city life.  I don't miss it.  Where I lived in Washington, DC (corner of 6th & P NW) was in the area home to the "'O' Street Gang".  A shot in the dark was not an unusual noise.  We even had someone get knifed and wander into our front yard to die.frown  Admittedly we were one street away from "O" street.  Additionally 6th St.(which is a  main N/S thoroughfare through the NW quadrant of DC. It's actually a fragment of US Route 1, which runs over 2000 miles from Key West, Florida to Fort Kent, Maine) which is a relatively busy thoroughfare and unlike the dark corner of 5th & "O" which is where many of the shots came from.  But despite the local wildlife it was home for us for several years and we never had any problem with the locals.  Although our car did get broken into when we were parked in a better part of the city while attending some function. Go figure!

US Route #1 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U.S._Route_1

...yeah not being able to drive (can't afford it) means I have to stay in the city. Out here in Oregon, if you are in a rural area without a car you really are up the creek without a paddle as even the nearest Walmart (where I don't shop) can be at 20 - 30 miles away.

My old neighbourhood had its issues, but was nowhere as noisy (and at times, sketchy) as where I am now.   Just tonight I was several questionable people who I didn't know milling about the front door of my building so I went over to the park across the intersection to sit and wait until they left   You need a special security key to activate the lock to get in.  Management changed the two other doors to "exit only" so you can only enter the front door or the garage (which requires a separate ID device to open the grate) now. 

Are you allowed to carry concealed in Oregon?

Were any of you aware it is Friday?

I was.  But it sure didn't feel like it.

kyoto kid said:

Were any of you aware it is Friday?

...normally FishFryDay for me, but my air fryer is dead and I'm not into using the oven again for roasting potatoes and carrots as it takes forever and still is messy (as well as makes for more clutter as I need to use my second large cast iron skillet for the potatoes and a smaller one for the carrots).

Can't afford the 80+$ to replace it and then what do I do with the old one as things like this usually end up in landfills? 

Your device might be recyclable.  You should check on that.  But if it's busted and not fixable or recyclable, then maybe it will go to the landfill.  That is NOT a bad thing because that's why we have sanitary landfills!  And that's why "sanitary" is part of the name.  Modern landfills are designed to accommodate some things that are not appropriate for other disposal methods, and sanitary landfills prevent waste from polluting the ground.

People feel guilty about things that they shouldn't.  You care and you're doing all the right things, so I give you permission to give yourself a break and let yourself live a little. 

But if it causes you to lose sleep, then why not post a Craigslist ad "free broken bippity-boop; you come get it and it's yours!"  You might even post it on Ebay and let 'em bid for your clutter; that's always special!  I guarantee some junk-man or junk-lady will come take it off your hands.  I had the "junk TV lady" take an old flat panel away from me.  Her SUV was chock full of old TVs of all vintages and form-factors.  We also have a "cat lady" who comes and takes away your cats and finds them new homes.  This is a GOOD thing.

There's always somebody who will take your junk off your hands, and some will even pay you for it.  How else would "Old Time Pottery" be able to stay in business?  cheeky

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,932

.....chilly day today, guess Autumn is really here. Barely made it to the low 60s I think we were still in the 80s  this time last year.  Next few days will see highs only in the 50s  There was even a frost warning issued for this weekend.

At least not as bad as Calgary, they have snow in the forecast through the end of this month.. 

• i've had a rather unproductive day... 

• kyoto kid said:

.....chilly day today, guess Autumn is really here. Barely made it to the low 60s I think we were still in the 80s  this time last year.  Next few days will see highs only in the 50s  There was even a frost warning issued for this weekend.

At least not as bad as Calgary, they have snow in the forecast through the end of this month.. 

Keep warm!

i've had a rather unproductive day... 

Heat it up!

• chaynawolfsmoonchaynawolfsmoon Posts: 675
    edited September 2019
    kyoto kid said:

Keep warm!

Heat it up!

It's already hot... probably why I'm unproductive.

Also:

Complaint: I just noticed that my converted to Genesis 8 Sunny 7 is jacked up. She was fine when I did her pinup (I think) but now she has seems. Genesis 3 version is still dandy still. Really just inconvenient since I generally convert clothes and characters to Genesis 8 so I have access to everything. I'll try reconverting her to see if that helps.

Update: Converting again did not fix the issue. RIP Sunny...

Post edited by chaynawolfsmoon on
  • Anybody else in the mood for pizza or chimichangas?  I'll buy!

...well with a broken air fryer, the market out of catfish (the only fish I can find there that doesn't fall apart in the skillet), and the only rice pilaf I could find there is from Rice-A-Roni (with an ingredient list that reads more like a graduate chemist's dissertation, ugh), pizza sounds like a go. 

Hate breaking with tradition though.

nothing wrong with that

Anybody else in the mood for pizza or chimichangas?  I'll buy!

sure!

kyoto kid said:

Keep warm!

Heat it up!

baked pasta tastes better next day reheated leftovers

• kyoto kid said:

...well with a broken air fryer, the market out of catfish (the only fish I can find there that doesn't fall apart in the skillet), and the only rice pilaf I could find there is from Rice-A-Roni (with an ingredient list that reads more like a graduate chemist's dissertation, ugh), pizza sounds like a go. 

We'll order you a smoked salmon pizza!  You'll love it.

• hacsarthacsart Posts: 2,025

its snowing.... and we had to put the heat on -2C outside..

kyoto kid said:

...I'm actually allergic to salmon.  What's worse is I live in the Pacific Northwest where it is the most common seafood.

KInd of like living in Wisconsin and being lactose intolerant.

Now, scampi shrimp with a parmesan garlic white sauce, deelish.

edited September 2019
    hacsart said:

...with how quickly summer disappeared here, and the fact leaves were already changing colour a couple weeks ago (usually doesn't happen until October here) I fear we are in for a serious bout of "real winter" this year which likely will paralyse the city for a week or so.

Actually had to throw a couple extra blankets on last night.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • hacsart said:

We had to put the AC on because it got so unbearable we couldn't sleep...

• kyoto kid said:
    kyoto kid said:

...I'm actually allergic to salmon.  What's worse is I live in the Pacific Northwest where it is the most common seafood.

Salmon is about the only fish I eat regularly.  I love it, despite the cost.heart  It also helps keep me from getting mercury withdrawal symptoms.devil

• KK If the object is to do chips with the fish there ar always shallow-fried penny cips - slice the potato into thin discs and fry in a fying pan (I refuse to use a deep fat fryer).

kyoto kid said:
    kyoto kid said:

Salmon is about the only fish I eat regularly.  I love it, despite the cost.heart  It also helps keep me from getting mercury withdrawal symptoms.devil

Salmon, from Scottish farms, is relatively cheap here.

edited September 2019

KK If the object is to do chips with the fish there ar always shallow-fried penny cips - slice the potato into thin discs and fry in a fying pan (I refuse to use a deep fat fryer).

kyoto kid said:
    kyoto kid said:

Now I'm imagining a salmon speaking with a Scottish accent... Thanks Richard...

That at least has replaced "Hammer to Fall" replaying over and over in my head...

• 13 hours later my render finished, 8 missed calls from boss, i accidentally deleted instead of saved, want to cry but no napkin is sanitary enouph for me, i dont like any of my loved ones, my turtle hates me but i think he died two weeks ago but too tired to check again....

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,105

Complaint i miss my computer.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

KK If the object is to do chips with the fish there ar always shallow-fried penny cips - slice the potato into thin discs and fry in a fying pan (I refuse to use a deep fat fryer).

kyoto kid said:
    kyoto kid said:

That at least has replaced "Hammer to Fall" replaying over and over in my head...

Would you like another ear worm 

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,441
    edited September 2019

Reluctant Non-complaint:  Try as much I can, I can't justify $2000 or even $1300 for a new DAZing computer.  I really don't do that much high level DAZing.sad  I don't need an I9 or even an i7 machine with 64GB, or even 32GB.  Yes I need more cores (currently only have 2).  I could be happy with 4.  I do want a new motherboard but I could be happy with a mini-ATX instead of a full ATX size board.  I want a motherboard with modern features including the new small SSD formats (M.2 varieties).  I think I've settled on a nice board from ASUS and an Intel i5 with 6 cores.  I can put them into one of my old existing cases, add a couple fans, give it 16GB RAM, swap in a bigger powersupply and even get a new copy of Win10 Pro for about $750.  I also don't need a $500 video card because I don't now, or have any plans to, need one for hardware IRAY support.  A faster machine with 6 cores should suffice for any experimentations I might do with IRAY.   So, I think the $750 machine is the way I'm going to go.smiley

My current prime computer is an 8-year old i5 with 2 cores, and 8GB of DDR3 memory.frown  I could be very happy with my new choice.yes 

Last night I actually got as far as assembling a $900 order to Amazon for some of the pieces of the $1300 version system but as I clicked to go to the "Checkout" page my computer mysteriously boogered for many minutes and it was necessary to force a powerdown.surprise  I took it as an omen that I should not go the i7 route.  I've ignored these types of mysterious happenings before, to later find out that I should have heeded them.  Usually when I've been ranting online. blush

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,172

Reluctant Non-complaint:  Try as much I can, I can't justify $2000 or even $1300 for a new DAZing computer.  I really don't do that much high level DAZing.sad  I don't need an I9 or even an i7 machine with 64GB, or even 32GB.  Yes I need more cores (currently only have 2).  I could be happy with 4.  I do want a new motherboard but I could be happy with a mini-ATX instead of a full ATX size board.  I want a motherboard with modern features including the new small SSD formats (M.2 varieties).  I think I've settled on a nice board from ASUS and an Intel i5 with 6 cores(12 threads).  I can put them into one of my old existing cases, add a couple fans, give it 16GB RAM, swap in a bigger powersupply and even get a new copy of Win10 Pro for about $750.  I also don't need a $500 video card because I don't now, or have any plans to, need one for hardware IRAY support.  A faster machine with 6 cores should suffice for any experimentations I might do with IRAY.   So, I think the $750 machine is the way I'm going to go.smiley

My current prime computer is an 8-year old i5 with 2 cores, and 8GB of DDR3 memory.frown  I could be very happy with my new choice.yes 

Last night I actually got as far as assembling a $900 order to Amazon for some of the pieces of the $1300 version system but as I clicked to go to the "Checkout" page my computer mysteriously boogered for many minutes and it was necessary to force a powerdown.surprise  I took it as an omen that I should not go the i7 route.  I've ignored these types of mysterious happenings before, to later find out that I should have heeded them.  Usually when I've been ranting online. blush

Hey, I still am working with a Core2Duo, two cores running at 3.0 Ghz, 8 Gigs of RAM, an older nVidia graphics card with only about 34 cores (rather than hundreds), and don't even have USB 3.

Dana

• Reluctant Non-complaint:  Try as much I can, I can't justify $2000 or even $1300 for a new DAZing computer.  I really don't do that much high level DAZing.sad  I don't need an I9 or even an i7 machine with 64GB, or even 32GB.  Yes I need more cores (currently only have 2).  I could be happy with 4.  I do want a new motherboard but I could be happy with a mini-ATX instead of a full ATX size board.  I want a motherboard with modern features including the new small SSD formats (M.2 varieties).  I think I've settled on a nice board from ASUS and an Intel i5 with 6 cores(12 threads).  I can put them into one of my old existing cases, add a couple fans, give it 16GB RAM, swap in a bigger powersupply and even get a new copy of Win10 Pro for about $750.  I also don't need a $500 video card because I don't now, or have any plans to, need one for hardware IRAY support.  A faster machine with 6 cores should suffice for any experimentations I might do with IRAY.   So, I think the $750 machine is the way I'm going to go.smiley

That's nonsense and you know it.  If anything, it's a sign that you may need to do more research, but NOT a signal to stop strategizing and planning.  It's not even a sign that an i7 would be bad.  I'm going to (maybe) do a new build around the holidays and it will be an i9, but if there are cost pressures (and there might be), an i7 is always a fine alternative.

So make some coffee or tea and get back to it, I urge you.  You'll thank me.

• Chohole said:

kyoto kid said:
    kyoto kid said:

Would you like another ear worm 

In the jungle, the mighty jungle the lion sleeps tonight~~~

edited September 2019

Reluctant Non-complaint:  Try as much I can, I can't justify $2000 or even $1300 for a new DAZing computer.  I really don't do that much high level DAZing.sad  I don't need an I9 or even an i7 machine with 64GB, or even 32GB.  Yes I need more cores (currently only have 2).  I could be happy with 4.  I do want a new motherboard but I could be happy with a mini-ATX instead of a full ATX size board.  I want a motherboard with modern features including the new small SSD formats (M.2 varieties).  I think I've settled on a nice board from ASUS and an Intel i5 with 6 cores(12 threads).  I can put them into one of my old existing cases, add a couple fans, give it 16GB RAM, swap in a bigger powersupply and even get a new copy of Win10 Pro for about $750.  I also don't need a $500 video card because I don't now, or have any plans to, need one for hardware IRAY support.  A faster machine with 6 cores should suffice for any experimentations I might do with IRAY.   So, I think the $750 machine is the way I'm going to go.smiley

That's nonsense and you know it.  If anything, it's a sign that you may need to do more research, but NOT a signal to stop strategizing and planning.  It's not even a sign that an i7 would be bad.  I'm going to (maybe) do a new build around the holidays and it will be an i9, but if there are cost pressures (and there might be), an i7 is always a fine alternative.

So make some coffee or tea and get back to it, I urge you.  You'll thank me.

Where you finding this deal at? (Says the woman with 5.5 computers and no job as if she can afford a new computer or justify it to for the household.)

13 hours later my render finished, 8 missed calls from boss, i accidentally deleted instead of saved, want to cry but no napkin is sanitary enouph for me, i dont like any of my loved ones, my turtle hates me but i think he died two weeks ago but too tired to check again....

..worthy 'plaint.

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,877
    kyoto kid said:
    kyoto kid said:

I’d be perfectly fine never eating salmon again, but it can be frustratingly hard to find trout. 

DanaTA said:

Hey, I still am working with a Core2Duo, two cores running at 3.0 Ghz, 8 Gigs of RAM, an older nVidia graphics card with only about 34 cores (rather than hundreds), and don't even have USB 3.

Dana

....wow, and I thought 4 cores/8 threads, 12 GB of memory, with a 1GB GPU (not enough for rendering in Iray) was tough to deal with (6 - 8 hour Iray render jobs).  Finally came into the memory and a CPU upgrade I needed as well as Titan-X.  Yeah, still "old tech" in these RTX days, but a vast improvement.

This discussion has been closed.