My phone will not charge complaint thread

Comments

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,047
    edited November 2019

Gee whiz... I've missed pages of meanderings and musings because I couldn't stay logged into the site. Was I in a time out?

I probably missed out on some sales... then again, probably for the best.

It was the best of times, it was the not quite worst of times... Actually, it was pretty okay, but we were all like "where's chaynawolfsmoon, too bad she's not here..."

There were amazing sales and everyone got cake and we had lots of laughs... we saved you some cake, but I ate it the moment nobody was looking... it was pretty good too... Don't worry, I'm sure there'll be fun times like those again... I hope you don't feel like you missed anything.

You did.

But it'll be okay...

Probably.

Post edited by McGyver on
  • McGyver said:

Gee whiz... I've missed pages of meanderings and musings because I couldn't stay logged into the site. Was I in a time out?

It was the best of times, it was the not quite worst of times... Actually, it was pretty okay, but we were all like "where's chaynawolfsmoon, too bad she's not here..."

There were amazing sales and everyone got cake and we had lots of laughs... we saved you some cake, but I ate it the moment nobody was looking... it was pretty good too... Don't worry, I'm sure there'll be fun times like those again... I hope you don't feel like you missed anything.

You did.

But it'll be okay...

Probably.

I want cake... but I had pie.

Now I'm hungry. Wonder if there is any pie left?

• Subtropic PixelSubtropic Pixel Posts: 2,378
    edited November 2019

Meanderings, yes.  "Amusing", maybe.  But I don't think any of them would rise to the level of "a musing".  You're good.  cheekywink

McGyver said:

You did.

But it'll be okay...

Probably.

Wait...there was cake?

McGyver said:

You did.

But it'll be okay...

Probably.

...and pie?

Fine!  I'm just going to cook some steaks tonight, you all are going to smell the deliciousness, and then I will come back here for the next four days with reports regaling you with how delicious they were, and that's just how it's going to be!  cheeky

It probably won't be that bad for you since I live way over here and you all are well...up there, over there, waaaayyy over yonder, the other side of this pond or that pond, and freaking way the hell down that-a-ways.  Well, unless you actually smell steaks cooking tonight.  That would be kind of funny.  laugh

Post edited by Subtropic Pixel on
    McGyver said:

You did.

But it'll be okay...

Probably.

Nope, I ate that too... and the octopus pudding... sorry. 

Now I feel bad...

Not so much about eating everything... more like the pudding was unrefrigerated for several days and I probably shouldn't have eaten it.

First rule of Pudding Club- Don't talk about Pudding Club...

Second rule of Pudding Club- Don't eat pudding that even the seagulls won't eat.

I always forget that second rule.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

seaguls?

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,930

..the site's been particularly flaky over the weekend. with timeouts, 505 errors, & such.

McGyver said:

You did.

But it'll be okay...

Probably.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYgchYm0syg

didnt the flintstones have a cat? 

• Mystarra said:

They sure did!

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,440
    edited November 2019

Complaint:  Arghhh... Despite getting the software in my old primary computer back into proper working condition again(see previous kvetches), I was left with one nagging issue that I wanted to solve.  Somehow recently my internal wireless card in that machine stopped showing up in the "Network and Sharing Center-->Change Adapter Settings" dialog.  Just poof, gone! surprise  It doesn't show up in the "Device Manager-->Networks" dialog either. sad  I knew it might have problems because the last time I looked in the case, the antenna wire was disconnected (the wireless device is like the type used in laptops.  i.e. A small chip about the size of a postage stamp that plugs into one of those mini-sockets and lays flat against the motherboard.)  Although I have since gotten out my tweezers, magnifying glass and flashlight and reconnected the antenna wire.  But still no cigar.  I figured that the chip had just died of old age.  But that would likely have shown up as a boogered device in the Device Manager, not just completely disappeared from the listing.  I'm sort of anal about all the parts of my machinery working, or being capable of working.blush  So I did some research. 

I found that I can buy a replacement wireless chip of the same type for about $30 but I decided to dig a little further.  I don't really use wireless in this machine.  Yeah, I test it once in a while but I always have a wired LAN cable connected and the wireless is usually just turned off.  So I'm in no hurry.  I dug a little further and found that recent Microsoft updates for Windows10 are deprecating some of those old WiFi chips or early WiFi cards and are just ignoring them in its search for installed devices.  However, this machine is a Windows7 system.  Hmmm... but Microsoft has also been sending out patches attempting to make Win7 behave more like Win10 machines and I did receive a big Win7 update patch recently about the time that I noticed that my WiFi chip disappeared from the system dialogs.surprise  "Ah Ha!", says I.  My chip may be alive  but is screaming into a vacuum, or alone in an empty universe.frown  I guess the solution is to either try to find a more modern WiFi chip (and driver) that uses the same socket, or go ahead and get a typical PCIe-x1 WiFi card or a USB WiFi dongle (I have one of either of those in my boxes of scavanged goodies)yes.  The third alternative is to just not scratch my itch and not have wireless (that I don't use) in this machine.indecision  But my itches are very persistent.

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,072
    Mystarra said:

A sabretooth kitty.

Mystarra said:

They sure did!

..indeed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJu8RreAGnM

falling into a coma of christmas music

they messin with the radio station again.  too soooon noooooooo mooore mehhhh

The Way Too Soon for Holiday tunes Complaint Thread

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,172
    edited November 2019
    Mystarra said:

They had a report on the news last night...people are actually buying real trees already!  What's wrong with these people.  The things will be dried out and a fire hazard before Christmas even gets here!

Dana

Post edited by DanaTA on

Happy Birthday, LeatherGryphon!

Dana

DanaTA said:
    Mystarra said:

They had a report on the news last night...people are actually buying real trees already!  What's wrong with these people.  The things will be dried out and a fire hazard before Christmas even gets here!

Dana

Maybe brown is the new green?

oh no now i has to do a 4 hour course in 
    DOT Hazmat: Basic General Awareness

good night dohh

• Christmas has turned into a mental disease.

edited November 2019
    DanaTA said:

Happy Birthday, LeatherGryphon!

Dana

Wheee..., cake, ice cream and balloonsyes, and skin lotion, heating pads, liniment. granny blankets, Depends and scalp polishfrown

And since I didn't use the 70 candles I bought last year for the cake I didn't make,  I only need two  more if I decide to make a cake next year.

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,975

Well Happy Birthday LG !!

edited November 2019

Birthday complaints:  Well, fudge!  While still doggedly trying to increase RAM in my old old (10 years) desktop from 4GB to 8GB I ran into the trouble previously reported about newly purchased RAM not working and having to be returned, I now looked deeper into the issue and discovered that a matched pair of 4GB DDR2 (800) desktop RAM sticks from reputable sources ain't cheap and typically run $60 to $110.  The fact that I happened to find a pair for $29 and they didn't work, says a great deal! frown  (somebody saw a sucker) Apparently 4GB RAM sticks of DDR2 RAM were "state-of-the-art" back in the day and always expensive and rare.  I guess I could wait until DDR2 is so old that nobody wants it anymore and the price comes down enough to make the expense justifiable.  Or, I could just give up and live with 4GB in a machine now running Win10.  It works and since it now has an SSD for storage runs quite satisfactorily for somebody who just uses it for web browsing, email, and solitaire.  Might make a nice gift to somebody who is still using an electric abacus from the late '90s.

However,  I've been promised to get my money back for the bad RAM as soon as the slow boat back to China gets there.  We'll see.indecision

Birthday non-complaint:  As my last official birthday gift to myself I decided to make my mother's chocolate chip cookies.  Mmmm, cookies.yes  Haven't made them yet but I will make two batches.  One batch for the family Thanksgiving dinner, and another batch for another party I've been invited to during the 1st week of December.  It's a big deal for me to make cookies because I don't have ANY of the ingredients except salt and eggs.  I have to go out and buy cookie sheets, a cooling rack, flour sifter, Crisco shortening, brown sugar, white sugar, vanilla, walnuts, old-fashioned(non-quick) oatmeal flakes,   A couple of decades ago I won a "major prize" (very nice large crystal bowl) for my mother's chocolate chip cookies at a fancy party in Washington DC.  I guess all those city folk had never had real homemade country cookies before.  Or they had never been made by anybody who'd been taught my mother's secret to perfect cookies. (I'd tell you but then I'd have to kill you!)wink

DanaTA said:
    Mystarra said:

Dana

...the Fred Meyer (Kroger out west) store near me had Christmas decorations, lights wrapping paper and even candy on the shelves in the week before Halloween.

That said after the first week of July they already had "back to school" displays up.  Poor kids, when you're young, summer seems too short the way it is. 

kyoto kid said:
    DanaTA said:
    Mystarra said:

Dana

...the Fred Meyer (Kroger out west) store near me had Christmas decorations, lights wrapping paper and even candy on the shelves in the week before Halloween.

That said after the first week of July they already had "back to school" displays up.  Poor kids, when you're young, summer seems too short the way it is. 

They had Christmas decorations at Macy's 3 or 4 weeks ago!  

I saw sales like that, too.  Stupid.  Kids grow so fast, they might grow out of something bought in July by the time school starts up.  By then, many stores won't take a return.  So, they're stuck with it.  I don't understand how people think these days.  I uderstand the stores...it means probably more money for them.

Dana

Happy Birthday LG!

DanaTA said:
    kyoto kid said:
    DanaTA said:
    Mystarra said:

Dana

They had Christmas decorations at Macy's 3 or 4 weeks ago!  

I saw sales like that, too.  Stupid.  Kids grow so fast, they might grow out of something bought in July by the time school starts up.  By then, many stores won't take a return.  So, they're stuck with it.  I don't understand how people think these days.  I uderstand the stores...it means probably more money for them.

Dana

Home Depot had the Christmas stuff out a week before Halloween was over... Lowe's has it out before then.

You have to buy your Christmas decorations those first two weeks because they don't restock most of the stuff... once its gone you'll have to buy the stuff online or go without.

I'm making Pot Roast in the pressure cooker again... I actually wrote down the recipe so if it's terrible, I know which way not to make it again...

Somewhere under all those potatoes is 4 pounds of beef...

By the way, I'm teaching the rat to cook... it's like a reverse Ratatouille... 

So far he just keeps falling into the pot or dropping his little spoon into it... 

whiskers smiley 

i darned overcooked my dinner, cheesie garlic bread,  and no mozz to start over,

prolly even whiskers dont want overcooked cheese

mebbe the 3 blind mice 'll want it, hickory dickery dock,
    which makes no sense
    unless you desparate for a rhyme for clock

Trance Gemini so adorable

Tir trying to teach her how to punch.  she's like "hi Ho'  but she knocked him over  tee hee

• McGyver said:

Happy Birthday LG!

Thanks!

Wheee... Happy birthday to me at the end of a frustrating computer day.  A couple of days ago I got an email notice about an on-line mineral auction scheduled for tonight.  I perused the catalog and found just one little example of stone that I didn't have and was big enough to see without a magnifying glass (about 1x1x0.5 cm) and had a beautiful color that would fit in with my current display array of colorful single stones.  Beautiful little red Rhodolite.  It had a $3 reserve and a $3 shipping cost.  The current bidding was at $4.   So I made a $5 bid, then was notified that I was in the lead.  I forgot all about the auction until tonight when an email reminded me that my item was coming up for auction tonight.  I logged in just a few minutes before my item came on line and I watched it get no other bids and I won!  Yay,  another pretty stone for the price of a McDonalds meal.  Nice simple cheap birthday present.yes

Rhodolite77960925_1_x.jpg
    823 x 807 - 66K
This discussion has been closed.