My phone will not charge complaint thread

Comments

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    kyoto kid said:
    McGyver said:

Dang it... My stupid office chair is dying. I've had this thing for like fifteen years and slowly it's been headed to the rubbish bin, but I keep fixing it... much to my wife's chagrin.
    It's actually a rescue chair too... my friend's company was changing decor and he asked me if I wanted it, so of course I took it.

It was a decent chair, fairly heavy duty and had nice features, but one by one every thing has broken and been fixed multiple times... the thing that put it on my wife disposal radar was a rip in the corner of the seat... now something attached to the pneumatic piston has broken off and I'm not wielding that back on... too fiddlie and unnecessarily complicated. Megh... it had a good run.

Why am I sharing this?... because I leaned back in it and it went "snap" and now it's stuck in the semi reclining position and I can't reach my beer... so I'm siting here holding my iPad looking at my beer on my desk, next to my feet and I'm pondering how I should go about getting out of this position without knocking my beer over or falling out of the chair...

I guess I'm going with slithering out onto the floor... since the chair is slowly moving away from the desk anyway... 

Oh come on... of course it stops rolling back once I'm in the least comfortable position.

Really... I forgot I put wheels on the short filing cabinet next to the desk... if I try and roll it, microscopic dust particles will be too big for the wheels to roll over and it won't budge, but of course now it freely rolls over to me because I'm trying to use it as leverage.

Oooh... I forgot... I have monkey feet...

I just took my sneaker off and picked up my beer with my foot...

Too bad I didn't bring over more beers...

Well, I guess... 

Nevermind... It popped forward and I slid out onto the floor... didn't spill my beer either. 

Later peeps... I gotta go punish my chair and I totally forgot what I was going to write before this.

...I'm still using one of these with a pillow on it. Can't afford a proper "executive" desk chair, and don't have a vehicle (as well as don't drive) to get one cheaper at a resale or office surplus store. Once found a lovely, well maintained, and comfortable one with a nice high back for 25$ as a second hand store but had no way to get it home.

...The I Need a Comfy Desk Chair Complaint Thread.

cant trust one's caboose to any old chair  lol

ohh mann peapod delivery let me down

were out of stock on the gallon jugs of spring water

now what i spposed to do

make my tea and coffee from tap water?  uuuuugh

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,172
    edited November 2019
    Tjohn said:
    McGyver said:

I wonder how Tjohn is doing... If you are out there lurking, I hope everything turns out okay... be well.

Thanks all. I feel good, just waiting on test results and another test to be performed. This stuff is so S L O W. Hope all have a Happy Turkey Day!

Turkey Day?  Are the tests that slow?  I really hope they all come back with happy results!

Dana

Post edited by DanaTA on
    edited November 2019

gobble gubble obble, guzzle guzzle

oh bay beh tnite is mac n cheese nite
    adding some watered down tomato paste, real skim milk, no soy milk,

Started watching andromeda season 4, cuz i missed something important, like how does baecka have neecheean dna, wth?
    tee hee caught an episode where they ripped rhade's clothes off, hubba hubba hottie, they coulda made the scene more interesting

i dont want to eat turkey, triptefan straight up

potatoe takes longer to cook  than mac elbows
    tummy makin weird loud noises

watched potatoes dont boil faster

Post edited by Mistara on
    edited November 2019
    Mystarra said:

Started watching andromeda season 4, cuz i missed something important, like how does baecka have neecheean dna, wth?
    tee hee caught an episode where they ripped rhade's clothes off, hubba hubba hottie, they coulda made the scene more interesting

That tryptophan thing is a myth!  Tryptophan is present in many proteins, chicken, fish, beef, eggs, milk and cheese, and in many carbohydrates.  And it is more abundant in those other things than in turkey.  The sleepiness is a result of over eating, piling all that carbs high on your plates...twice or more.  Plus the added stress of the holidays some of us have.  See here: https://www.webmd.com/food-recipes/features/the-truth-about-tryptophan#1

Dana

Post edited by DanaTA on
  • Render engine is using 100% of CPU power. Virus scan decides to start in background and tries to use 100% of HD access time. Needless to say, things were going nowhere fast.

• DanaTA said:
    Mystarra said:

That tryptophan thing is a myth!  Tryptophan is present in many proteins, chicken, fish, beef, eggs, milk and cheese, and in many carbohydrates.  And it is more abundant in those other things than in turkey.  The sleepiness is a result of over eating, piling all that carbs high on your plates...twice or more.  Plus the added stress of the holidays some of us have.  See here: https://www.webmd.com/food-recipes/features/the-truth-about-tryptophan#1

Dana

He's right.  The tryptophan isn't what's making you sleepy.  It's that mountain of food you just mawed down in one breath.  And to make up for it, you parked your butt in the couch and watched two games and the lame lame lame "special comedy show" that the network crammed into your mind.  THAT is what's making you sleepy!

If Thanksgiving is the only time you oink out on food like that, I say live it, enjoy it, and own it!  God bless America!  laughcheeky

I'm thinking of grilling a turkey this year.  Over charcoal!

• Render engine is using 100% of CPU power. Virus scan decides to start in background and tries to use 100% of HD access time. Needless to say, things were going nowhere fast.

If your antivirus is soaking up system resources to that extent, you may need to consider switching to something more lightweight.  I just use Windows Defender and Malwarebytes.  I've never even noticed either one running.

Render engine is using 100% of CPU power. Virus scan decides to start in background and tries to use 100% of HD access time. Needless to say, things were going nowhere fast.

If your antivirus is soaking up system resources to that extent, you may need to consider switching to something more lightweight.  I just use Windows Defender and Malwarebytes.  I've never even noticed either one running.

That may give me pause.  

Dana

It's when it goes to active disk scan that the problem occurs, and it seems to do that at random times.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,930

Complaint: Major coastal storm setting in with high winds, flooding, and widespread power outages and expected to be as bad as a bad tropical storm. The Weather channel is at Jenettes Pier where I used to work.

..take care and hang tough.

Tjohn said:
    McGyver said:

I wonder how Tjohn is doing... If you are out there lurking, I hope everything turns out okay... be well.

Thanks all. I feel good, just waiting on test results and another test to be performed. This stuff is so S L O W. Hope all have a Happy Turkey Day!

....yes

..agh, PC+ membership lapsed.  Can't afford a full year and being short this month cannot even re-up the 3 month membership,  So much for the coupies.  Oh well.

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,440
    edited November 2019
    DanaTA said:
    Mystarra said:

Dana

And don't forget the effect of holiday grog.  Hopefully nobody ends up "under the table". https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djsFh-6DySg  (0:10 - 0:40)

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
    edited November 2019

Complaint:  Arghhh... My new SSD for my old primary computer (running Win7) has arrived, it's been installed and the old "C:" drive cloned onto it without trouble and I was exceedingly pleased with the performance improvement.  Wheee, zippy! smiley

HOWEVER, after a day of working with it I notice mysterious happenings.  A few icons disappeared from my desktop.  WinZip failed to run and had to be re-installed.  Internet Explorer sometimes just up and crashes.   I can't display the "MyComputer-->Properties" dialog, it appears for a second then dies.  The SSD management application from Crucial fails to run giving a "JAVA SE fails" error.   So I can't even see if the SSD itself is crapping out on me.  I upgraded JAVA and re-enabled it, but still no cigar. crying

Non-complaint:  I did carefully archive the original "C:" hard drive so if necessary (and it really looks like that it the most prudent course of action) I can simply replace the SSD with the original HDD and I'll be back in business except for the couple pieces of mail I saved this morning.  And the little tinkering I did while playing with the zippy new SSD.  I'm not sure I'll try again to install it in this old primary computer of mine.  I've got too many old old programs that I use that would be a bitch to have to again shoehorn into even Windows7 operating system.

Edited to add:  I finally got the "Crucial Storage Executive" to work and report status of my SSD.  The quick diagnostic says it's OK.  I got the app to work by changing my default browser from Chrome to InternetExplorer.  Although I didn't have trouble with the Storage Executive interacting with Chrome on my other computers, but they were running Windows10.  Regardless, I feel a little better about the health of my SSD and now attribute the filesystem boogers to porting issues.  (*sigh*)  I so wanted to run this old Win7 system with a zippy SSD but I guess I'll just go back to HDD.sad

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,047
    edited November 2019

Had a question, but I figured it out... so never mind.

Post edited by McGyver on
  • Ah ha!  Irritated by my boogered system I was determined to diagnose the hell out of it.  I finally realized that this morning at 7:03 (before my coffee) I had noticed that the computer wanted to do about 5 Windows updates.  So, while I was doing breakfast I let it install 4 of the 5 updates having to do with graphics, card storage chip, and a couple of other things including some windows stuff and then issues started happening.  After realizing I'd done the updates I decided to backout to the "Restore Point" just before the updates.  Ta-da, everything seems to be working OK again.  Hmmm...

Why just 4 of the 5 updates?  Could one of them be dependent upon that one that you didn't install?

Dana

edited November 2019
    DanaTA said:

Why just 4 of the 5 updates?  Could one of them be dependent upon that one that you didn't install?

Dana

The one I omitted was an optional preview/beta of windows stuff that had not yet been officially released.  During my diagnostic process I did go ahead and install it while the others were still installed.  Didn't help.  But once I had removed all 5 then the problems went awayyes.  I guess I'll have to install them one at a time and test the hell out of the system before trying the next one.indecision  Although in my research on-line I discovered that at least one of the issues had been noted to be related to video driver updates.  One of the problems I noticed was failure of the Windows-7 periodic process that gives a numeric ratiing (1->10) of the performance of your system based on disk performance, video performance, RAM speed, network speed, etc.  That feature became obsolete in Win8.1 but is actually still available in Win10.  Go figure.surprise  The website that described a fix for it gave three options for fixing it, and a 4th option of simply completely disabling it. frown  I have not had any issues since I backed-off to the point before any of the upgrades.  I'm happy for a few days, continuing to run this old primary machine with a new zippy SSD.  Wheee..., wind in my hair. smiley

My intention in this recent spate of computer upgrades was to move my primary operations to the machine with the new modern motherboard, and modern CPU with more & better RAM, and a magic graphics card.  I still haven't moved all of my personal stuff over there yet, and I still don't have the magic graphics card for it anyway.  But I'm not worried.  I'm having great fun tinkering with and maxing out  my old machines.  I'll finish my new machine when I can afford a magic graphics card.  All the new parts I've bought for my old machines only add up to about half what I expect to have to pay for a magic video card.  And now that this old primary machine is also running like a horse instead of a cow I'm happy right where I am for the time being.  I'm in no hurry now.

Non-complaint:  Caught another mouse today.  Snap! devil  That'll teach 'im to poop in my tableware drawer and eat the corner out of my bread. angry

...yeah I've only installed the security updates/patches (finally got that one to install properly as it was indeed dependent on another update), none of the optional ones (found one of the "optional" updates to be related to upgrading to W10).

..ugh, site sent flaky again, got a Cloudflare time out and crash while entering the previous post.

I was getting those earlier today.

Dana

There's a coupon code in a purple banner for me.  It says it expires on Wednesday, Nov. 17th.  Today is the 17th, but it's not Wednesday!  Doesn't matter, I'm all spent out anyway.

Dana

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,975
    DanaTA said:

There's a coupon code in a purple banner for me.  It says it expires on Wednesday, Nov. 17th.  Today is the 17th, but it's not Wednesday!  Doesn't matter, I'm all spent out anyway.

Dana

That was my thought too .

edited November 2019

..same here particularly with my PC membership having expired.  At least it lasted through the PC+ and first couple BYO Fastgrab sales where I got some pretty extraordinary deals.  Wasn't able to use the PC+ DO coupon in time though thanks to all the other coupon deals I kept getting (can't stack coupons like you could with the old vouchers).

Have to wait until next month to renew.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • Complaint:  Arghhh... My new SSD for my old primary computer (running Win7) has arrived, it's been installed and the old "C:" drive cloned onto it without trouble and I was exceedingly pleased with the performance improvement.  Wheee, zippy! smiley

HOWEVER, after a day of working with it I notice mysterious happenings.  A few icons disappeared from my desktop.  WinZip failed to run and had to be re-installed.  Internet Explorer sometimes just up and crashes.   I can't display the "MyComputer-->Properties" dialog, it appears for a second then dies.  The SSD management application from Crucial fails to run giving a "JAVA SE fails" error.   So I can't even see if the SSD itself is crapping out on me.  I upgraded JAVA and re-enabled it, but still no cigar. crying

Non-complaint:  I did carefully archive the original "C:" hard drive so if necessary (and it really looks like that it the most prudent course of action) I can simply replace the SSD with the original HDD and I'll be back in business except for the couple pieces of mail I saved this morning.  And the little tinkering I did while playing with the zippy new SSD.  I'm not sure I'll try again to install it in this old primary computer of mine.  I've got too many old old programs that I use that would be a bitch to have to again shoehorn into even Windows7 operating system.

Edited to add:  I finally got the "Crucial Storage Executive" to work and report status of my SSD.  The quick diagnostic says it's OK.  I got the app to work by changing my default browser from Chrome to InternetExplorer.  Although I didn't have trouble with the Storage Executive interacting with Chrome on my other computers, but they were running Windows10.  Regardless, I feel a little better about the health of my SSD and now attribute the filesystem boogers to porting issues.  (*sigh*)  I so wanted to run this old Win7 system with a zippy SSD but I guess I'll just go back to HDD.sad

Man oh man, you're going through the wringer on this one.  All for a Windows 7 system, too.  frown

I know you're retired and right now you're digging this journey, but I've gotta wonder just how much longer are you planning to futz around with this stuff before you decide even your (somewhat more ample) time is better spent elsewhere?

I just don't want you to overdo it and end up feeling depressed and traumatized and just wanting to give up on stuff.  You've got a new system.  Go with that and recycle the old junk!  smiley

The Reinstall Blues Complaint Thread
    The Mushy Broccoli Complaint Thread
    The Subway Sammich Shop had no Cawfee Complaint Thread

edited November 2019

clouds flare up

guess is better tham a royd flare up,

Andromeda does brilliant techo-babble

light years ahead.  still no understanding of the bekka neechee dna thong

Trance met her moon avatar friend, ionie  pretty kewl.

sofar i backed up 118 pages of my 174 pages of content to usb 3 drive.
    and then i got 37 pages of rosty.  and gather my flash drive scattered rdna and cp stuff.
    i needed an intervention long time ago.

Post edited by Mistara on

...not getting a response on the Nuts & Bolts forum about installing Measure Metric so I ll ask here if anyone has it as a bit confusing downloading/installing.  In the Install Manager it shows three files: 

- Figure Metrics for Daz Studio 4.6+
    - Figure Metrics for Daz Studio 4.6+ Content
    - Measure Metrics for Daz Studio 4.12+ (Win 64 bit)

Are the the first two required even though they say ver 4.6+?  

As to the third one it sounds like software rather than content as it has "Win 64 bit" after the title so does this need to be installed to the <Programme Files> folder?

• Gee whiz... I've missed pages of meanderings and musings because I couldn't stay logged into the site. Was I in a time out?

I probably missed out on some sales... then again, probably for the best.

This discussion has been closed.