[Released] Character Converter from Genesis 2 Female to Genesis 8 Female [Commercial]

Comments

• RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,372
    edited March 2020
    Brugan said:

Callie 6 conversion. (detailed just in case it helps someone else :) )

I re-converted just the head last night at .03 tolerance and it came out really nice, however the eyes wouldn't close completely (I suspected this was to be expected with Callie's huge eyes) and her lacrimals (inner corners of the eyelids) wouldn't close at all, so I thought I'd backup my current conversion files and re-run the whole figure at .2.

(Note: my original full body conversion was at .06 default tolerance)

Fingernails were alos good, but her lower arms were a bit thicker, and torso detail wasn't as sharp as I'd like, so I wanted a tighter conversion pass anyways. :)

(NOTE: deleting or removing the old CONVERTED files makes re-conversion a LOT faster, apparently rewriting the previous files takes a VERY long time, so taking a few minutes to hunt down and delete the files literally saves 1-2 hours of conversion time, a fresh conversion takes about 15 minutes at .2 tolerance on an i5 intel chipset.)

Yes!  DS takes forever to safely delete morphs so if you do it outside of DS and then start DS, it is so much faster.  I usually turn off the Overwrite Morphs option.

Brugan said:

Process:
    Removed and backed-up Callie 8 files (just in case, I've since deleted the old results :) )
    (NOTE: Callie 8 will be found under DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Female\Morphs\3D Universe,DAZ 3D,Heysun Oh\Callie 6, NOT regular DAZ 3D characters)
    Re-ran Callie6 completely at .02 tolerance (15 mins-ish)
    Closed Studio and reopened
    Loaded Callie 8 into a new scene

Results:
    Lower arms and torso detail identical to G2 Callie, fingernails perfect and react well with 3rd party morphs that I tested.
    Face is spot-on. Eyes are nice round globes, no signifigant distortion except a tiny amount of vertical stretch in the iris, but not enough that you'd notice unless you really blew up her eyes and looked for it as I did.
    Body reacts very well to poses.
    Face takes G8F expressions very well, better than I expected especially around the mouth and brow. Eyes are a little tricky as they won't close completely with a normal G8F pose, but you can close them by cranking "eyes closed" to 125% with no trouble.
    Her eyelid shape was greatly improved by the .02 tolerance and her lacrimals now close naturally with the rest of her eyelids (when increasing "eyes closed" slider).
    I'm not positive, but it at least "feels" like the .02 tolerance complete re-conversion improved JCM's.

Material recommendations:
    Callies materials won't work unless you create a custom UV, and I'm not aware of this UV being available here or elsewhere, and I suck at UVs so I tried several different character mats discussed below.

3DU Page looks fantastic, unfortunately there's no make-up options with the figure so you'll have to use a makeup kit. NO eyeliner issue on this mat set at all.

Aiko 8 also looks very good, you will need to create a copy of her face mat and
    alter her "eyeliner" area due to Callie's eyelid shape (discussed below)

Sakura 8 looks good, but it's a lot of extra work to get the eyes working. Expect to spend some time getting her mats to work if you haven't done it before. Will have eyeliner issue.

Tess from Maelwenn also looked REALLY nice on Callie, and as a bonus had no detectable eyeliner issues.

Lara from Thorne looks very nice, very minor eyeliner issue.

Girl 7 for Girl 8: This is probably the closest mat set to Callie's original set, and will work on G8 without issues (you may need to reset the UV to "Base" in the surface tab), however it has a pretty pronounced eyeliner issue that is easy enough to fix. (see below)

Eyeliner issues:
    Callie has unusual eyelids, and the eyelash graft will be far from the edge no matter how many times you try to re-convert her. The original figure has this shape, so you're not getting rid of it without some modeling expertise.
    It's an easy fix though. Simply open the face map you are using in an image editor (SAVE AS AN ALTERNATE NAME so you don't accidentally overwrite the actual map like I did :| ) and black or brown out the tiny gap between the upper and lower "eyeliner" in the image. I did this for the Girl7 for Girl8 mats and it looks perfect.

I'm really excited to finally have a good G8 version of this character, since she came out at the tail end of the G2/pre-iray era. I've run a few test renders with her and think I'm going to have a lot of fun with Callie (finally :D )

WOW.  Callie looks fantastic and your images are amazing!  Thank you so much for sharing how you did it and the images.  May I put the images with the others at the top of the thread?

Post edited by RiverSoft Art on
    edited March 2020

First try with "Belle 6" with 2020 method. Result had basically no neck. Did not alter anything. Ideas?

Hmmm... no neck?  That is not the result I got.  I am not sure how to help.  What scale does Belle 6 load at?  If you load the base Genesis 8 Female, does it load strange?  If either of these 2 load wrong, the script will load them wrong and there will be issues.

• BruganBrugan Posts: 365

WOW.  Callie looks fantastic and your images are amazing!  Thank you so much for sharing how you did it and the images.  May I put the images with the others at the top of the thread?

Sure thing :)

Question: what is the lowest tolerance you recommend using on the script? I assume that a lower value = sharper/more accurate conversion?

• evacynevacyn Posts: 960
    evacyn said:

@Riversoft - I tried converting Aiko 6 using both the 2019 and 2020 methods, and both times the final form is just the Genesis 8 base female. As you can see above, Ninive and Belle had no issues. I'll try another character now to see if there are any other issues.

I have a feeling the log will show that the script was unable to update the character file.  If you load Ninive/Belle for G8F and look for the morphs, are they there and can be dialed up?

Yes - I can see the Belle and Ninive morphs and can dial them in.

edited March 2020
    Brugan said:

Sure thing :)

Question: what is the lowest tolerance you recommend using on the script? I assume that a lower value = sharper/more accurate conversion?

Thank you very much!

With the older methods, really low (<0.0006) tolerances were good.  For the 2020 method, tolerance does not seem to matter as much.  There are differences, but it almost becomes a matter of taste.

evacyn said:
    evacyn said:

@Riversoft - I tried converting Aiko 6 using both the 2019 and 2020 methods, and both times the final form is just the Genesis 8 base female. As you can see above, Ninive and Belle had no issues. I'll try another character now to see if there are any other issues.

I have a feeling the log will show that the script was unable to update the character file.  If you load Ninive/Belle for G8F and look for the morphs, are they there and can be dialed up?

Ok, so it worked, just not the fixing of the files after the conversion.  If you want to convert again and post the log, I can try and figure out why that step failed.

edited March 2020
    evacyn said:
    evacyn said:

Ok, so it worked, just not the fixing of the files after the conversion.  If you want to convert again and post the log, I can try and figure out why that step failed.

Thanks again for all your help with this (and my many questions on the Content Wizard thread) :)

EDIT: It looks like the body morph works (and has the little Aiko 6 image next to the morph dial) but the head morph doesn't work (and is only a generic grey morph dial). Here's the log

16:56:42 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time): Adding Files...
    16:56:42 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time):    Adding "Actor/Character" file: S:/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 2 Female/Characters/Aiko 6.duf
    16:57:21 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time): WARNING: Forcing Conversion of Characters
    16:57:25 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time): Executing Script
    16:57:25 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time): Execution Complete.
    16:58:12 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time): Executing Script
    16:58:12 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time): Selecting Preset: S:/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 2 Female/Characters/Aiko 6.duf
    16:58:12 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time): Converting character from S:/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 2 Female/Characters/Aiko 6.duf to S:/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 8 Female/Characters/Genesis 2/Aiko 6.duf
    16:58:24 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time):      Aiko 6 is of type Actor/Character
    18:09:21 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time):      Copy Icons from S:/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 2 Female/Characters/Aiko 6.duf to S:/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 8 Female/Characters/Genesis 2/Aiko 6 Genesis 8.duf
    18:09:21 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time):      Copy Categories from S:/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 2 Female/Characters/Aiko 6.duf to S:/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 8 Female/Characters/Genesis 2/Aiko 6 Genesis 8.duf
    18:09:22 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time): Execution Complete.

Post edited by evacyn on
  • Hi . I have a problem with this program.

The "regular" conversion dont work. Dont convert nothing and no save nothing .

With the custom conversion I have the result showed in the file attached.

Thanks

• Hi. I could convert the characters in the normal way but the neck is still as in the picture

• davidpglezdavidpglez Posts: 9
    edited March 2020

Hi. The body works well (the dials are ok), but when i move the head´s dial the neck is stretched and the face morphs dont change

Post edited by davidpglez on
    edited March 2020

Sorry delete this post. Duplicated

edited March 2020

Sorry delete this post. Duplicated

• Hi . I have a problem with this program.

Thanks

Please put the Viewport in Smooth Shaded mode before takng a screen shot with a nude figure.

• DkgooseDkgoose Posts: 1,451

the genx morphs are just dials i believe, this doesn't work with the shaping dial morphs does it?

evacyn said:
    evacyn said:
    evacyn said:

Thanks again for all your help with this (and my many questions on the Content Wizard thread) :)

EDIT: It looks like the body morph works (and has the little Aiko 6 image next to the morph dial) but the head morph doesn't work (and is only a generic grey morph dial). Here's the log

16:56:42 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time):    Adding "Actor/Character" file: S:/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 2 Female/Characters/Aiko 6.duf
    16:57:21 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time): WARNING: Forcing Conversion of Characters
    16:58:12 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time): Selecting Preset: S:/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 2 Female/Characters/Aiko 6.duf
    16:58:12 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time): Converting character from S:/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 2 Female/Characters/Aiko 6.duf to S:/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 8 Female/Characters/Genesis 2/Aiko 6.duf
    16:58:24 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time):      Aiko 6 is of type Actor/Character
    18:09:21 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time):      Copy Icons from S:/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 2 Female/Characters/Aiko 6.duf to S:/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 8 Female/Characters/Genesis 2/Aiko 6 Genesis 8.duf
    18:09:21 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time):      Copy Categories from S:/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 2 Female/Characters/Aiko 6.duf to S:/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 8 Female/Characters/Genesis 2/Aiko 6 Genesis 8.duf

No problem.

I need the full Daz log of the conversion please.

edited March 2020

Hi . I have a problem with this program.

Thanks

For the regular conversion, I need more information:

1. You are unable to add a character to convert?
    2. The script returns and says it cannot convert?
    3. Or it does say it converts but you don't see anything?

The Daz log of the conversion would be helpful.

For the custom character conversion, the character you want to convert (and G8F) need to be at the origin (location 0,0,0).

evacyn said:
    evacyn said:
    evacyn said:

No problem.

Thanks! I'll just sent you the log.

evacyn said:
    evacyn said:
    evacyn said:
    evacyn said:

No problem.

Thanks! I'll just sent you the log.

As I expected, fixing the files is failing.  It is failing because the script builds a bad path to the file because the vendor name is missing for Aiko 6.  On my system, I get "-Yannek-,DAZ 3D,Heysun Oh".  You need to fix that.  The simplest way would be to save the Aiko 6 character yourself and convert that (as long as you have defined your Authorship information)

Do I just save it as a character preset?

evacyn said:

Do I just save it as a character preset?

Yes.

Thanks! I'll give it a shot.
  • This product looks great!

Does it work with custom G2F characters?

I have a G2F character, made with some G1/V5 morph (already using a morph converter), and I wonder if it can work with that. My character use V5 textures set for the skin.

Thanks for your future answer!

This product looks great!

Does it work with custom G2F characters?

I have a G2F character, made with some G1/V5 morph (already using a morph converter), and I wonder if it can work with that. My character use V5 textures set for the skin.

Thanks for your future answer!

Yes, it can work with custom G2F characters, though the textures will not work.  

• BarzoffBarzoff Posts: 97
    edited March 2020

Well, I was about to buy this product, but oddly it's not on sale anymore even if it was released a couple days ago. Looks like a store bug.

Character Converter Genesis 2 to Genesis 8 Female.png
    1579 x 996 - 1M
    Post edited by Barzoff on
    edited March 2020

removed

Post edited by evacyn on
  •  

Thanks

For the custom character conversion, the character you want to convert (and G8F) need to be at the origin (location 0,0,0).

Hi. I could convert the characters in the normal way but the neck is still as in the picture. The body works well (the dials are ok), but when i move the head´s dial the neck is stretched and the face morphs dont change. For the custom the two characters (G2 and G8) are in the (0.0.0)

Here is the log:

14:54:01 GMT+0100 (Hora estándar romance): Executing Script

14:54:01 GMT+0100 (Hora estándar romance): Selecting Preset: C:/Users/david/OneDrive/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_16280/people/genesis 2 female/genesis 2 base female.duf

14:54:01 GMT+0100 (Hora estándar romance): Input Filename does not have "characters" in its path: C:/Users/david/OneDrive/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_16280/people/genesis 2 female/genesis 2 base female.duf

14:54:01 GMT+0100 (Hora estándar romance): Input Filename does not have "character" in its path: C:/Users/david/OneDrive/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_16280/people/genesis 2 female/genesis 2 base female.duf

14:54:01 GMT+0100 (Hora estándar romance): Selecting Preset: C:/Users/david/OneDrive/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_16281/people/genesis 2 female/characters/victoria 6.duf

14:54:01 GMT+0100 (Hora estándar romance): Converting character from C:/Users/david/OneDrive/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_16281/people/genesis 2 female/characters/victoria 6.duf to C:/Users/Public/Documents/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 8/Characters/G2/victoria 6.duf

14:54:06 GMT+0100 (Hora estándar romance): Victoria 6 is of type Actor/Character

14:57:02 GMT+0100 (Hora estándar romance): Copy Icons from C:/Users/david/OneDrive/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_16281/people/genesis 2 female/characters/victoria 6.duf to C:/Users/Public/Documents/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 8/Characters/G2/victoria 6 Genesis 8.duf

14:57:02 GMT+0100 (Hora estándar romance): Copy Categories from C:/Users/david/OneDrive/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_16281/people/genesis 2 female/characters/victoria 6.duf to C:/Users/Public/Documents/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 8/Characters/G2/victoria 6 Genesis 8.duf

14:57:02 GMT+0100 (Hora estándar romance): Selecting Preset: C:/Users/david/OneDrive/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_16376/people/genesis 2 female/characters/gia.duf

14:57:02 GMT+0100 (Hora estándar romance): Converting character from C:/Users/david/OneDrive/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_16376/people/genesis 2 female/characters/gia.duf to C:/Users/Public/Documents/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 8/Characters/G2/gia.duf

14:57:14 GMT+0100 (Hora estándar romance): Gia is of type Actor/Character

15:00:12 GMT+0100 (Hora estándar romance): Copy Icons from C:/Users/david/OneDrive/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_16376/people/genesis 2 female/characters/gia.duf to C:/Users/Public/Documents/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 8/Characters/G2/gia Genesis 8.duf

15:00:12 GMT+0100 (Hora estándar romance): Copy Categories from C:/Users/david/OneDrive/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_16376/people/genesis 2 female/characters/gia.duf to C:/Users/Public/Documents/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 8/Characters/G2/gia Genesis 8.duf

15:00:12 GMT+0100 (Hora estándar romance): Selecting Preset: C:/Users/david/OneDrive/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_16711/people/genesis 2 female/characters/fw monie.duf

15:00:12 GMT+0100 (Hora estándar romance): Converting character from C:/Users/david/OneDrive/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_16711/people/genesis 2 female/characters/fw monie.duf to C:/Users/Public/Documents/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 8/Characters/G2/fw monie.duf

15:00:22 GMT+0100 (Hora estándar romance): Genesis 2 Female is of type Actor/Character

15:03:13 GMT+0100 (Hora estándar romance): Copy Icons from C:/Users/david/OneDrive/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_16711/people/genesis 2 female/characters/fw monie.duf to C:/Users/Public/Documents/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 8/Characters/G2/fw monie Genesis 8.duf

15:03:13 GMT+0100 (Hora estándar romance): Copy Categories from C:/Users/david/OneDrive/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_16711/people/genesis 2 female/characters/fw monie.duf to C:/Users/Public/Documents/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 8/Characters/G2/fw monie Genesis 8.duf

15:03:13 GMT+0100 (Hora estándar romance): Selecting Preset: C:/Users/david/OneDrive/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_16743/people/genesis 2 female/characters/morris/aspen_gia/aspencharacter.duf

15:03:13 GMT+0100 (Hora estándar romance): Converting character from C:/Users/david/OneDrive/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_16743/people/genesis 2 female/characters/morris/aspen_gia/aspencharacter.duf to C:/Users/Public/Documents/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 8/Characters/G2/morris/aspen_gia/aspencharacter.duf

15:03:51 GMT+0100 (Hora estándar romance): Genesis 2 Female is of type Actor/Character

15:07:18 GMT+0100 (Hora estándar romance): Copy Icons from C:/Users/david/OneDrive/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_16743/people/genesis 2 female/characters/morris/aspen_gia/aspencharacter.duf to C:/Users/Public/Documents/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 8/Characters/G2/morris/aspen_gia/aspencharacter Genesis 8.duf

15:07:18 GMT+0100 (Hora estándar romance): Copy Categories from C:/Users/david/OneDrive/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_16743/people/genesis 2 female/characters/morris/aspen_gia/aspencharacter.duf to C:/Users/Public/Documents/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 8/Characters/G2/morris/aspen_gia/aspencharacter Genesis 8.duf

15:07:18 GMT+0100 (Hora estándar romance): Selecting Preset: C:/Users/david/OneDrive/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_16876/people/genesis 2 female/characters/girl 6.duf

15:07:18 GMT+0100 (Hora estándar romance): Converting character from C:/Users/david/OneDrive/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_16876/people/genesis 2 female/characters/girl 6.duf to C:/Users/Public/Documents/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 8/Characters/G2/girl 6.duf

15:07:27 GMT+0100 (Hora estándar romance): Girl 6 is of type Actor/Character

15:10:24 GMT+0100 (Hora estándar romance): Copy Icons from C:/Users/david/OneDrive/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_16876/people/genesis 2 female/characters/girl 6.duf to C:/Users/Public/Documents/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 8/Characters/G2/girl 6 Genesis 8.duf

15:10:24 GMT+0100 (Hora estándar romance): Copy Categories from C:/Users/david/OneDrive/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_16876/people/genesis 2 female/characters/girl 6.duf to C:/Users/Public/Documents/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 8/Characters/G2/girl 6 Genesis 8.duf

15:10:24 GMT+0100 (Hora estándar romance): Selecting Preset: C:/Users/david/OneDrive/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_18088/people/genesis 2 female/characters/beau.duf

15:10:24 GMT+0100 (Hora estándar romance): Converting character from C:/Users/david/OneDrive/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_18088/people/genesis 2 female/characters/beau.duf to C:/Users/Public/Documents/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 8/Characters/G2/beau.duf

15:10:31 GMT+0100 (Hora estándar romance): Genesis 2 Female is of type Actor/Character

15:13:24 GMT+0100 (Hora estándar romance): Copy Icons from C:/Users/david/OneDrive/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_18088/people/genesis 2 female/characters/beau.duf to C:/Users/Public/Documents/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 8/Characters/G2/beau Genesis 8.duf

15:13:24 GMT+0100 (Hora estándar romance): Copy Categories from C:/Users/david/OneDrive/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_18088/people/genesis 2 female/characters/beau.duf to C:/Users/Public/Documents/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 8/Characters/G2/beau Genesis 8.duf

15:13:24 GMT+0100 (Hora estándar romance): Execution Complete.

Thanks.

Thanks

Hi. I could convert the characters in the normal way but the neck is still as in the picture. The body works well (the dials are ok), but when i move the head´s dial the neck is stretched and the face morphs dont change. For the custom the two characters (G2 and G8) are in the (0.0.0)

Here is the log:

14:54:01 GMT+0100 (Hora estándar romance): Selecting Preset: C:/Users/david/OneDrive/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_16280/people/genesis 2 female/genesis 2 base female.duf

14:54:01 GMT+0100 (Hora estándar romance): Input Filename does not have "characters" in its path: C:/Users/david/OneDrive/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_16280/people/genesis 2 female/genesis 2 base female.duf

14:54:01 GMT+0100 (Hora estándar romance): Input Filename does not have "character" in its path: C:/Users/david/OneDrive/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_16280/people/genesis 2 female/genesis 2 base female.duf

14:54:01 GMT+0100 (Hora estándar romance): Selecting Preset: C:/Users/david/OneDrive/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_16281/people/genesis 2 female/characters/victoria 6.duf

14:54:01 GMT+0100 (Hora estándar romance): Converting character from C:/Users/david/OneDrive/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_16281/people/genesis 2 female/characters/victoria 6.duf to C:/Users/Public/Documents/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 8/Characters/G2/victoria 6.duf

14:54:06 GMT+0100 (Hora estándar romance): Victoria 6 is of type Actor/Character

14:57:02 GMT+0100 (Hora estándar romance): Copy Icons from C:/Users/david/OneDrive/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_16281/people/genesis 2 female/characters/victoria 6.duf to C:/Users/Public/Documents/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 8/Characters/G2/victoria 6 Genesis 8.duf

14:57:02 GMT+0100 (Hora estándar romance): Copy Categories from C:/Users/david/OneDrive/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_16281/people/genesis 2 female/characters/victoria 6.duf to C:/Users/Public/Documents/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 8/Characters/G2/victoria 6 Genesis 8.duf

14:57:02 GMT+0100 (Hora estándar romance): Selecting Preset: C:/Users/david/OneDrive/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_16376/people/genesis 2 female/characters/gia.duf

14:57:02 GMT+0100 (Hora estándar romance): Converting character from C:/Users/david/OneDrive/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_16376/people/genesis 2 female/characters/gia.duf to C:/Users/Public/Documents/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 8/Characters/G2/gia.duf

15:00:12 GMT+0100 (Hora estándar romance): Copy Icons from C:/Users/david/OneDrive/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_16376/people/genesis 2 female/characters/gia.duf to C:/Users/Public/Documents/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 8/Characters/G2/gia Genesis 8.duf

15:00:12 GMT+0100 (Hora estándar romance): Copy Categories from C:/Users/david/OneDrive/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_16376/people/genesis 2 female/characters/gia.duf to C:/Users/Public/Documents/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 8/Characters/G2/gia Genesis 8.duf

15:00:12 GMT+0100 (Hora estándar romance): Selecting Preset: C:/Users/david/OneDrive/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_16711/people/genesis 2 female/characters/fw monie.duf

15:00:12 GMT+0100 (Hora estándar romance): Converting character from C:/Users/david/OneDrive/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_16711/people/genesis 2 female/characters/fw monie.duf to C:/Users/Public/Documents/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 8/Characters/G2/fw monie.duf

15:00:22 GMT+0100 (Hora estándar romance): Genesis 2 Female is of type Actor/Character

15:03:13 GMT+0100 (Hora estándar romance): Copy Icons from C:/Users/david/OneDrive/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_16711/people/genesis 2 female/characters/fw monie.duf to C:/Users/Public/Documents/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 8/Characters/G2/fw monie Genesis 8.duf

15:03:13 GMT+0100 (Hora estándar romance): Copy Categories from C:/Users/david/OneDrive/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_16711/people/genesis 2 female/characters/fw monie.duf to C:/Users/Public/Documents/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 8/Characters/G2/fw monie Genesis 8.duf

15:03:13 GMT+0100 (Hora estándar romance): Selecting Preset: C:/Users/david/OneDrive/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_16743/people/genesis 2 female/characters/morris/aspen_gia/aspencharacter.duf

15:03:13 GMT+0100 (Hora estándar romance): Converting character from C:/Users/david/OneDrive/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_16743/people/genesis 2 female/characters/morris/aspen_gia/aspencharacter.duf to C:/Users/Public/Documents/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 8/Characters/G2/morris/aspen_gia/aspencharacter.duf

15:03:51 GMT+0100 (Hora estándar romance): Genesis 2 Female is of type Actor/Character

15:07:18 GMT+0100 (Hora estándar romance): Copy Icons from C:/Users/david/OneDrive/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_16743/people/genesis 2 female/characters/morris/aspen_gia/aspencharacter.duf to C:/Users/Public/Documents/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 8/Characters/G2/morris/aspen_gia/aspencharacter Genesis 8.duf

15:07:18 GMT+0100 (Hora estándar romance): Copy Categories from C:/Users/david/OneDrive/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_16743/people/genesis 2 female/characters/morris/aspen_gia/aspencharacter.duf to C:/Users/Public/Documents/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 8/Characters/G2/morris/aspen_gia/aspencharacter Genesis 8.duf

15:07:18 GMT+0100 (Hora estándar romance): Selecting Preset: C:/Users/david/OneDrive/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_16876/people/genesis 2 female/characters/girl 6.duf

15:07:18 GMT+0100 (Hora estándar romance): Converting character from C:/Users/david/OneDrive/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_16876/people/genesis 2 female/characters/girl 6.duf to C:/Users/Public/Documents/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 8/Characters/G2/girl 6.duf

15:10:24 GMT+0100 (Hora estándar romance): Copy Icons from C:/Users/david/OneDrive/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_16876/people/genesis 2 female/characters/girl 6.duf to C:/Users/Public/Documents/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 8/Characters/G2/girl 6 Genesis 8.duf

15:10:24 GMT+0100 (Hora estándar romance): Copy Categories from C:/Users/david/OneDrive/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_16876/people/genesis 2 female/characters/girl 6.duf to C:/Users/Public/Documents/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 8/Characters/G2/girl 6 Genesis 8.duf

15:10:24 GMT+0100 (Hora estándar romance): Selecting Preset: C:/Users/david/OneDrive/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_18088/people/genesis 2 female/characters/beau.duf

15:10:24 GMT+0100 (Hora estándar romance): Converting character from C:/Users/david/OneDrive/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_18088/people/genesis 2 female/characters/beau.duf to C:/Users/Public/Documents/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 8/Characters/G2/beau.duf

15:10:31 GMT+0100 (Hora estándar romance): Genesis 2 Female is of type Actor/Character

15:13:24 GMT+0100 (Hora estándar romance): Copy Icons from C:/Users/david/OneDrive/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_18088/people/genesis 2 female/characters/beau.duf to C:/Users/Public/Documents/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 8/Characters/G2/beau Genesis 8.duf

15:13:24 GMT+0100 (Hora estándar romance): Copy Categories from C:/Users/david/OneDrive/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_18088/people/genesis 2 female/characters/beau.duf to C:/Users/Public/Documents/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 8/Characters/G2/beau Genesis 8.duf

Thanks.

The way that head and neck moves it certainly looks like it wasn't at 0,0,0 during conversion.  If you reran the conversion, did you delete the morphs outside of Daz Studio first (they will be in data/Daz 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs... the root is specified in the first directory for Daz Studio Formats in the Content Manager)?  If you didn't, it could still be the first morphs.

The log you posted is the log in the script dialog.  However, for detailed analysis, I need the Daz log, available in Help->Troubleshooting...->View Daz Log

Once again, big thank you for all your help RiverSoftArt. Saving as a Character Preset worked like a charm.

edited March 2020

Thanks

Here is the log:

Thanks.

The way that head and neck moves it certainly looks like it wasn't at 0,0,0 during conversion.  If you reran the conversion, did you delete the morphs outside of Daz Studio first (they will be in data/Daz 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs... the root is specified in the first directory for Daz Studio Formats in the Content Manager)?  If you didn't, it could still be the first morphs.

The log you posted is the log in the script dialog.  However, for detailed analysis, I need the Daz log, available in Help->Troubleshooting...->View Daz Log

Hi. It works now . i deleted all the morphs and still the neck thing. I deleted the RSCloneGenesis2Female file and the morphs again and it works now with Victoria 6, Gia and the Girl 6 (only tried in the custom mode but is fine for me).

Thanks

evacyn said:

Once again, big thank you for all your help RiverSoftArt. Saving as a Character Preset worked like a charm.

Awesome!  I am glad that worked for you.  Thanks for sharing.