The completely gratuitous complaint thread

Comments

• RezcaRezca Posts: 3,393
    edited December 2020

Looks like the NitroBlast 2 plugin's being updated for C4D R23, but it'll still be a while.  I wonder if the DAZ Bridge will ever be updated for 23 too or not :<

One of the staff at work called in sick yesterday. Hopin' it's nothing serious.
    Post edited by Rezca on
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

c4d has vray option.  

vray had the most gorgeous demo reels.

edited December 2020

isn't holidays til someone makes the rum cake!

i love a coconut rum cake! but absolute favorite is the peanutbutter cookie with the chocolate kiss melted on top

Post edited by Mistara on

went to the eye dr for injections yesterday.  she said the bleeding has stopped, now there is a chance the blood will drain out from my eyes.  it's a ray of hope.

i have my heart set on learning 3d coat.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,948
    ...{{{{{hugs}}}}}

there was a french restaurant outside of Penn station.  they made fillet minion in bear nay sauce.  dreaming of the memoriescheeky  i hope no bears were harmed in the making of bear nay sauce

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,128
    edited December 2020

kyoto kid said:

...oh, on the PSU front, have a new unit on the way, an 850w modular one. One thing this does afford me is an opportunity to perform some minor upgrades to,as well as some minor maintenance,and a thorough cleaning of my "Daz super system".

Appears to be a silver lining.  yes

Post edited by Diomede on

Mystiarra said:

went to the eye dr for injections yesterday.  she said the bleeding has stopped, now there is a chance the blood will drain out from my eyes.  it's a ray of hope.

Sending you all the positive vibes available.  Be well.

• Mystiarra said:

there was a french restaurant outside of Penn station.  they made fillet minion in bear nay sauce.  dreaming of the memoriescheeky  i hope no bears were harmed in the making of bear nay sauce

Béarnaise? Sauce in the style of Béarn.

edited December 2020

...ugh, tried to attach a photo directly from my phone but it insists on loading it sideways no matter how I rotate it in the phone images folder. Can't wait to be back on my system again.

On a brighter note, Happy 112th Birthday Mr. Messiaen.

Post edited by kyoto kid on

Mystiarra said:

<Hug hugs tightly>  Best of wishes for you.

And yeah Vray's nice.  When I subscribed to Cinema4D though I had to leave behind Vray 1.8 since it's not compatible with my new license or the release itself. I'd need to get a new vray license and they only do subscriptions now - $80 a month.   Eeugh.  So I looked at alternatives:
    Redshift for an extra $20 or so bundled with Cinema....
    Octane for $30 something, and its always highly recommended...
    Cycles 4D,  bundled with X-Particles at $150 something every THREE months, or for a one-time cost of $200'ish.  I went with a perpetual license and have been using it almost exclusively,  but I'd still like to look into Redshift or Octane at some point too...

i hate the subscripton rip off too.

thanks for the well wishes.heart

Richard Haseltine said:

Mystiarra said:

Béarnaise? Sauce in the style of Béarn.

is that  where the bears of nais live? 

cant believe how expensive tea cozy is.surprise is it hand made by faeries?

edited December 2020

Mystiarra said:

i hate the subscripton rip off too.

thanks for the well wishes.heart

I honestly don't mind subscriptions all that much, they have their own pros and cons.  Like I'd still be stuck on R13 Visualize if Cinema wasn't offering a subscription as an alternative, and $25 for Vue actually seems like a pretty good deal considering how much that program can do.
    It's the pricing though, that depends on if I feel it's worth it.  Octane and Redshift for instance, offered a better deal than Vray did. I liked Vray, but not enough to put down an extra eighty a month on top of my Cinema license and a subscription to GSG-U (a learning site + plugins and materials and more for C4D).   In addition to if/when I get Vue again and so on.  If I was doing 3D professionally I'd consider it, but as a hobbyist? Naw.

But when a product offers a choice of perpetual or subscription, that's even better.  One upside I think is if you only plan on using it for a limited amount of time.  Imagine if Adobe AfterEffects still offered a perpetual license, but you'd only need it for a few projects.  Subscription you can just put down $25, use it while you need it, then un-sub.  Compared to the (what, $500? I forget how much AE used to cost) would need. 

Of course you could also just look into DaVinci Resolve which they offer like 90% of the program for free. I had to look VERY HARD to find a feature that the free version didn't actually offer. A drawback though, is Resolve/Fusion's not compatible with things like Trapcode - but if that doesn't apply to you then Resolve seems like the better choice!

I get that "over time you'd spend more though!"  and all that, but looking at Cinema4D's subscription that's $94 a month. It'd take thirty-seven months for that monthly subscription cost to eventually catch up with the perpetual license's cost, and around that time they'd be talking about the next release, which would be a further $1,500 or so to upgrade to it while the subscription you get bundled with that $94 a month.   On the other hand,  monthly subs is coming out of your monthly income for as long as you have it running,  which admittedly is why I didn't pick up Vray again ^^;
    So I think best-case is when a product offers both.  Go with what you feel more comfortable using! :D

Post edited by Rezca on
  • LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,455
    edited December 2020

Non-complaint:  Wheee... my renewed passport finally arrived.smiley  Now I can go places if... 1) there's anywhere to go,  2) if "they" will let me out this country, 3) if the other "they" will let me in to their country, 4) if I ever find a pile of gold.indecision  At the very least I could walk across the bridge at Niagara Falls to Canada provided point #s 2 & 3 are OK.  Yay I don't feel quite so caged anymore.yes

Complaint:  I don't have any way to get the 80 miles to Niagara Falls without needing at least a small pile of gold, and there wouldn't be much to do there, even on the Canadian side, because of Covid.  (*sigh*) I guess I'll just squirrel my spiffy new passport away for happier times.indecision

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on

LeatherGryphon said:

Non-complaint:  Wheee... my renewed passport finally arrived.smiley  Now I can go places if... 1) there's anywhere to go,  2) if "they" will let me out this country, 3) if the other "they" will let me in to their country, 4) if I ever find a pile of gold.indecision  At the very least I could walk across the bridge at Niagara Falls to Canada provided point #s 2 & 3 are OK.  Yay I don't feel quite so caged anymore.yes

Complaint:  I don't have any way to get the 80 miles to Niagara Falls without needing at least a small pile of gold, and there wouldn't be much to do there, even on the Canadian side, because of Covid.  (*sigh*) I guess I'll just squirrel my spiffy new passport away for happier times.indecision

Congrats to you.  I am still waiting on my renewal.  I am a little concerned.  My old passport has been expired long enough that if the renewal takes longer than January 1st then I might have to go through more steps.  

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,455
    edited December 2020

My old passport had not yet expired (but was close). The new passport processing time took 6 weeks, and another half week to mail it back to me.  The only thing that changed was that most of the gray hair on my head  from my old photo had evaporated in the new photo.frown  I never used my last passport at all, not even to Canada.  But without it I feel trapped.

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
    edited December 2020

...should have the new PSU by Tuesday. Finally can ditch this phone malarkey. Trying to google on the phone just isn't the same as on a PC. Also entering comments here requires inserting the HTML codes for any formatting, even paragraph breaks to avoid having a post end up as one huge block of text.

On the subject of Passports, Ive been considering applying for a Passport Card. My state ID expired and, because of Covid precautions, requires an appointment with about a two month wait. Furtermore, the cost is not that much more, the Passport Card has a longer duration than our state's, and it complies with tighter ID rulings for boarding domestic flights. Yeah, it is only good for travel to Canada, Mexico, and the Caribbean, but it fits in the wallet and can be upgraded to a full Passport Book.

Post edited by kyoto kid on

christmas is comingg, the goose is getting self conscious

a christmas card cam, i cant read whose it from

tee hee

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,180

Mystiarra said:

Did you know that you can zoom on any page...hold down the CTL key and scroll forward with your mouse's scroll button.  Not sure, but I think it will help.

Dana

tee hee heeee

DanaTA said:

Mystiarra said:

Did you know that you can zoom on any page...hold down the CTL key and scroll forward with your mouse's scroll button.  Not sure, but I think it will help.

Dana

the light fonts they use are redculous 

prometheus is a titan?  i knew about medusa and the kracken

alice in wonderland and Alice thru the looking glass, 2 separate Alices or the same Alice on different adventures?

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

Mystiarra said:

alice in wonderland and Alice thru the looking glass, 2 separate Alices or the same Alice on different adventures?

Same Alice  two different adventures. Slightly older Alice in the 2nd one.

Chohole said:

Mystiarra said:

Same Alice  two different adventures. Slightly older Alice in the 2nd one.

thanks.  i had suspisions 

how come its a pandemic and not an epidemic?  not epic enough?

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,582

Mystiarra said:

how come its a pandemic and not an epidemic?  not epic enough?

An epidemic could be occurring in a particular area, a pandemic covers a broader area (in this case, global).  It's gone beyond epic.

This discussion has been closed.