The completely gratuitous complaint thread

Comments

• RezcaRezca Posts: 3,393

Semi Complaint/Non-Complaint hybrid:
    So after spending an hour chasing around trying to find what the hecc was going on with my SubDragon morphs since things like the Dewlap option or Shorter Teeth option would override even it blinking. And visa-versa.  In the end, it was simply because said morphs were set to "Absolute"  instead of "Relative"  -  and since these are all geometry-based source morphs,  it wasn't blending the ones set to Absolute - which would as a result, override each other.

Next on the list: Figuring out why the Bridge only exports HEAD morphs and nothing else!  (Really. I export the Millennium Dragon 2 and Wyvern 2 and notice the only Morph targets that get exported are the ones from the Head.  Nothing for the legs, chest, tail, etc. Only the Head.)

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

the misfits song sooo stuck in my head

you cant fire me i quit, seems i dont fit in
    i'm a dear of a reindeer, why dont i fit in

Rezca said:

So after spending an hour chasing around trying to find what the hecc was going on with my SubDragon morphs since things like the Dewlap option or Shorter Teeth option would override even it blinking. And visa-versa.  In the end, it was simply because said morphs were set to "Absolute"  instead of "Relative"  -  and since these are all geometry-based source morphs,  it wasn't blending the ones set to Absolute - which would as a result, override each other.

Next on the list: Figuring out why the Bridge only exports HEAD morphs and nothing else!  (Really. I export the Millennium Dragon 2 and Wyvern 2 and notice the only Morph targets that get exported are the ones from the Head.  Nothing for the legs, chest, tail, etc. Only the Head.)

we really need a face rigged dragon.  i read that toothless has over 6,000 controls.

the red carpet has teeth

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,455
    edited December 2020

Rezca said:

"Ah, I see!" surprise Said the exhausted mountain climber who struggled to the top only to discover the road down the other side.frown  Where's a facepalm emoji when you need one.devil

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • Complaint:  Sigh!  I just had another spontaneous reboot.  I'd removed my 4-port USB3 card and so now I can cross it off the list.  The problem is not because of that card.  Wheee...

It's beginning to look as if I'm going to have justification to replace my motherboard/CPU/memory.  Although I still need to try a few more software integrity diagnostics, checks, scans & fixes to be sure that I'm not jumping the gun.

The only removable hardware not yet removed is the DVD & Blu-Ray drives.  I might have a spare powersupply to try but I really don't think it's the PS (yet).  The 1TB SSD and the 2TB Hard Drive diagnostics don't show any file system corruption or read/write errors.

I suppose it could be an intermittent RAM error so I could get a better RAM diagnostic and let it run for many hours to see if one pops up.

Wheee... this is so much fun.frown

LeatherGryphon said:

Complaint:  Sigh!  I just had another spontaneous reboot.  I'd removed my 4-port USB3 card and so now I can cross it off the list.  The problem is not because of that card.  Wheee...

It's beginning to look as if I'm going to have justification to replace my motherboard/CPU/memory.  Although I still need to try a few more software integrity diagnostics, checks, scans & fixes to be sure that I'm not jumping the gun.

The only removable hardware not yet removed is the DVD & Blu-Ray drives.  I might have a spare powersupply to try but I really don't think it's the PS (yet).  The 1TB SSD and the 2TB Hard Drive diagnostics don't show any file system corruption or read/write errors.

I suppose it could be an intermittent RAM error so I could get a better RAM diagnostic and let it run for many hours to see if one pops up.

Wheee... this is so much fun.frown

unlucky in computers, lucky in love? 

o the humanity?!  they cast non-singing actors in mama mia?

does thomas crown have no self respect?

richard kylie still the best of the impossible dreamheart

edited December 2020

Took that dragon scene and not only fixed a few things (And left a few mostly unnoticeable things as they were)  but changed to rendering it with Cycles instead of Cinema's native Physical Render.  I'd like to take a look at Redshift or Octane at some point, but I'm happy enough with Cycles right now. Redshift and Octane have a whole lot of 3rd-party support with plugins, resources,  and etc which Cycles doesn't yet have.

Some changes I made though was the tail movement,  extending the "Jiggle Deformer" 's reach to the SubDragon's dewlap so it has a bit of motion when he moves his head,  and implementing some motion blur.

My only complaint is this took a long while to render~  Admittedly my fault since I pushed the sampling count up enough to get rid of the background splotchiness and flickering,  but still.  Had good time for  a single image, but multiply it by 144 and it adds up xD

Now though I'm kinda missing the feel that the other unintentional angle provided. Looking RIGHT at the camera for one!   But.... I don't really feel like re-rendering this for that hnnn...  I could leave it going overnight I guess but my poor laptop :O

Post edited by Rezca on
    edited December 2020

Continuing complaint:  Well, it's not the memory.  I booted into Memtest86-v8 and let it run overnight and not a single error appeared.

But the test uses only one of the on-chip processors for the test.  I guess I could run the test 3 more times selecting each of the other processors on the 4-core i5-2500S CPU.

I couldn't find a spare powersupply.  I guess I finally got rid of all those ancient 200w PS's.  I could get ahead of my game here and buy a new super PS for my new dream machine and use it to test the PS in this system.  PS's keep well and it's always nice to have one on hand for diagnostics like this.  At least I'll have a PS on hand if/when I have to buy parts for a new machine.  And it gives me an excuse to buy something that's useful and doesn't break the bank.  Buying things is fun.  It's the paying for them that hurts.

But meanwhile my sick machine still carries on.  About once a day though, it will spontaneously reboot and almost instantly (5 seconds) be back up and running at the login screen.  I just have to be diligent about saving my work frequently.  But I don't do anything except play solitaire, do picture puzzles, web browse, read/write email, keep my finances spreadsheet up-to-date, maintain my encrypted license keys & passwords database, and watch YouTubes on this machine.  Any serious long term DAZ or video work is done on my new DAZing machine.

Non-complaint:  And as for being "...lucky in love".  Why yes, yes I was.  For 13 years.  Then he died.  "Tis better to have loved and lost, than to have never loved at all." -- <Alfred Lord Tennyson>

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,180

Happy Birthday, Kyoto Kid!

• DanaTA said:

Have you calculated how far you and the Milky Way have slipped toward "The Great Attractor"?

DanaTA said:

+1 

DanaTA said:

Is a one-year-older Day??!
    Happy birfday and cakeday!

edited December 2020

jam it baby yeah kewl jazzie.  the other christmas songs are making me cry. doh,  except this one, is too happy a tune
    really happy the red baron didnt shoot snoopy
    trying not to imagine the horrors of wwi.  trenches. bayonets

ALVINN

Post edited by Mistara on
    edited December 2020

hitting a few high notes  lol  

Post edited by Mistara on
  • starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,670

For nine years I have been drawing in Gimp without "smooth strokes" option selected.  I wonder if I accidentaly reset the toolbox options while I was trying to troubleshoot my drawing tablet.  No wonder my lines were jagged all this time when I painted them using the paintbrush or ink tool.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,948
    edited December 2020

DanaTA said:

Mystiarra said:

+1 

Rezca said:

Is a one-year-older Day??!
    Happy birfday and cakeday!

...hmm, that was supposed to be a tightly guarded secret requiring Tier 5 clearance. wink

Thank you everyone.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,072

Happy birthday KK! Many more revolutions around old Sol to you!

..Thank you TJohn

Taking just the orbital circumference alone (not including the sun's movement through the galaxy and the galaxy's movement through the local group, my brain hurts too much  to deal with that tonight) and multiplying that by 67 years, I've logged a total of 39,128,000,000 miles if stretched out in a straight line.   No wonder I'm yawning so much today and my joints ache like mad,

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,072

Yes, that's right.

...ah, that means you learned somehing. 

• For Christmas, I'm thinking of cooking a big huge ribeye with bone-in.  It's bigger than my head and the bone makes it look like a meat-popsicle.  It's either that or grill a turkey or duck on one of my grills.

• kyoto kid said:

..Thank you TJohn

Taking just the orbital circumference alone (not including the sun's movement through the galaxy and the galaxy's movement through the local group, my brain hurts too much  to deal with that tonight) and multiplying that by 67 years, I've logged a total of 39,128,000,000 miles if stretched out in a straight line.   No wonder I'm yawning so much today and my joints ache like mad,

Yeah, but it's all relative anyway. 

edited December 2020

Subtropic Pixel said:

For Christmas, I'm thinking of cooking a big huge ribeye with bone-in.  It's bigger than my head and the bone makes it look like a meat-popsicle.  It's either that or grill a turkey or duck on one of my grills.

The "Eat more chikin" cows are watching you! devil

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,128
    edited December 2020

Happy belated, KK.

Complaint - I just had a render that took just over 12 hours and discovered at the end that I forgot to check an important render option box.  angry

Non-Complaint - just found a small stack of DVDs that I had not unpacked.  Includes several Christmas themed collections.  Includes classic versions of The Grinch and The Year without a Santa Claus.  yes

Post edited by Diomede on
  • I am so frustrated with not being able to see what I own in the searches!!!!  Anyone else?  Is this something they are going to be addressing?  I wanted to know a few moments ago if there is a manger scene to go along with the Nativity Poses.  If it is something I own it doesn't show up.  So I went to my product library where one must get the name exactly right for something to show up.  This is not helpful.  It is ok to buy all this Daz stuff but I need to use it to make money to buy more Daz stuff and it was a lot better before the update.  This has been very frustrating.  

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,975

Got a invite to my son's for Christmas day ,he and his wife are having a small get together with her family and a few friends ,it's gonna be outside and masks are required ,my issue is it's suppose to be in the low 40's and windy , which to me translates to achey joints ,runny nose and cold food, they have a propane heater but ...... that's not enough when it's too tall to sit on .......so ooo needless to say I thanked them very much for the invite and then turned them down ,I'll be having a ham steak ,brussel sprouts,and a sweet potato ,egg nog ,and Snicker Doodle cookies for dessert!! and be greatful for being warm.

edited December 2020

Non-complaint:  I just discovered that my spiffy new DAZing machine wasn't running at the rated speed of my RAM.surprise  I ran across a YouTube clip that explained "XMP" simply and clearly so I went and checked my system, and sure enough, my 2666 speed memory was running at the basic 2133 speed.  Simply by booting to the UFEI low level system manager I clicked on the "XMP" option and enabled it.  Ta-da! I am now running at the memory's rated speed of 2666 which is 24% faster and was actually a noticeable improvement over the already zippy performance.  Yay!smiley  I should have learned about XMP earlier.  I thought "over-clocking" was super complicated (like it used to be) but now with XMP standards having done all the hard work of determining optimum speed profiles, it's just a click of a button.  Wheee...yes

Now I'm thinking why did I stop at 2666, when memory speeds of 3200 and 3600 was an option compatible with my motherboard/CPU combination when I bought my memory.  Oh, I remember.  Price.frown  Won't make that mistake again.indecision

carrie58 said:

Got a invite to my son's for Christmas day ,he and his wife are having a small get together with her family and a few friends ,it's gonna be outside and masks are required ,my issue is it's suppose to be in the low 40's and windy , which to me translates to achey joints ,runny nose and cold food, they have a propane heater but ...... that's not enough when it's too tall to sit on .......so ooo needless to say I thanked them very much for the invite and then turned them down ,I'll be having a ham steak ,brussel sprouts,and a sweet potato ,egg nog ,and Snicker Doodle cookies for dessert!! and be greatful for being warm.

sweet potato pieheart  

This discussion has been closed.