The completely gratuitous complaint thread

Comments

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

i dont wanna go to the eye injections no mores.  no more needles cryingcryingcrying

need to restock the jamesons

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,456
    edited February 2021

Mystiarra said:

the i love lucy town smiley

and remember to bring your parking pass. smileysmiley

??? Don't understand.  Who said anything about "I Love Lucy", or parking passes?

Which "I Love Lucy" town?  She and Ricky lived in NYC for the early shows.  Then they lived somewhere in Connecticut.  Ricky came from Havana, Cuba, and Lucy (and her mother) came from Jamestown, NY.  Fred and Ethel simply came from Vaudeville.indecision

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
    edited February 2021

Non-complaint:  Yay!  All my Amazon packages arrived today, a day early, and despite our mailbox being mowed over by a truck this morning,  I now have my cold feet covered by warm fleecy Muk-Luks, I have coffee again, I have 12 small cans of lima beans (mmmm... lima beans), and I spent the afternoon tearing my network cables and switches out, and relocating and removing old CAT-5 cables and replacing them with CAT-7 cables.  I really only needed to get CAT-6 cables but now I'm ahead of the curve for once in my life.  I've got all my equipment back together, all my tools are put away, and I've tested that all my computers and TV and Blu-Ray and other network stuff still has connection to each other.  And I've tested the transfer speed between computers and it's definitely much better.  Yay!  It was worth the expense.

Complaint:  However, I still have to go back around and start managing my cable neatness.  I had to cut the old cable-ties off all my old cable bundles but I bought a big bag of assorted cable ties a while ago.  Time to start using them up.

• SeraSera Posts: 1,675

LeatherGryphon said:

Ooh, excitement!:   The whole thing was over in 10 minutes but now we have no mailboxes at the end of our driveway and the ground is frozen and the landlord hasn't answered his phone in several days (I called a few days ago about heat problems).  I think he might be in Florida.frown

My landlord lives in Hawaii sad I dread ever having to ask him for anything, even though he is a nice guy and childhood friends with the hubs, as we are on a month-to-month agreement, and he can raise the rent at any time. Recently I locked myself out of the house in freezing weather. I resorted to breaking into the kitchen window. It is the hand crank sort. Prying it open bent something in the crank mechanism and now it won't fully shut. I have it boarded up and insulated. To be fair, the window was already kinda broken when we moved in. And it wasn't the only one. While the second window got fixed, the kitchen window could be coaxed into closing with a little force and a stern look. 

I am not going to tell my landlord about the window run-in until summer, if I even have to. I will try to bend things back into shape first. Just not right now. It's too cold to be playing with an open window for what might be hours. 

What do you do with all those lima beans?

Complaint: I am bored, broke, uninspired, and out of cereal.

I guess I can watch more Dollhouse today. It's full of plotholes and bad acting but I'm still kind of enjoying it. 

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,180

certaintree38 said:

LeatherGryphon said:I guess I can watch more Dollhouse today. It's full of plotholes and bad acting but I'm still kind of enjoying it. 

I'm from New England, Southeaster Massachusetts specifically.  When I read the above, my mind saw potholes!   laugh

Dana

• DanaTA said:

certaintree38 said:

LeatherGryphon said:I guess I can watch more Dollhouse today. It's full of plotholes and bad acting but I'm still kind of enjoying it. 

I'm from New England, Southeaster Massachusetts specifically.  When I read the above, my mind saw potholes!   laugh

Dana

Aaand, the quoting editor strikes again.frown  I deny ever talking about Dollhouse. 

edited February 2021

certaintree38 said:

What do you do with all those lima beans?

I stuff them in my orifices.  Mostly my mouth.devil  We always had lima beans at home when I was a kid.  I looove lima beans.  But recently they've been difficult to find.  I know there seems to be a stigma against lima beans kind'a like spinach but I like the small green lima beans better than the bigger yellow butter beans or similar kidney shaped legumes.  I can't get out and about since selling my car, and the pandemic has made it even harder to get someone to take me grocery shopping at a proper well stocked establisment.  So, Amazon is my goto place for lima beans and even they are out of stock too often.

More than you ever wanted to know about lima beans. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lima_bean and  https://www.camelliabrand.com/about-the-bean/about-large-lima-beans/

watching some film noir for change of pace.  asphalt jungle.  it always leads to the Big SLeep.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,948

TJohn said:

Worth a look.

...yes 

Mystiarra said:

i dont wanna go to the eye injections no mores.  no more needles cryingcryingcrying

need to restock the jamesons

...thanks for the reminder (about the whiskey). It will be March in less than a week, that means a bottle of Paddy's is in order 

edited February 2021

LeatherGryphon said:

Fred and Ethel simply came from Vaudeville.indecision

...which is just down the road apeice from Burlesque a mile or so past old man Proctor's at the jumction of State Hwy 14 and county road C. 

LeatherGryphon said:

Non-complaint:  Yay!  All my Amazon packages arrived today, a day early, and despite our mailbox being mowed over by a truck this morning,  I now have my cold feet covered by warm fleecy Muk-Luks, I have coffee again, I have 12 small cans of lima beans (mmmm... lima beans), and I spent the afternoon tearing my network cables and switches out, and relocating and removing old CAT-5 cables and replacing them with CAT-7 cables.  I really only needed to get CAT-6 cables but now I'm ahead of the curve for once in my life.  I've got all my equipment back together, all my tools are put away, and I've tested that all my computers and TV and Blu-Ray and other network stuff still has connection to each other.  And I've tested the transfer speed between computers and it's definitely much better.  Yay!  It was worth the expense.

Complaint:  However, I still have to go back around and start managing my cable neatness.  I had to cut the old cable-ties off all my old cable bundles but I bought a big bag of assorted cable ties a while ago.  Time to start using them up.

...hmm, no CAT-8 there either. 

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited February 2021

DanaTA said:

certaintree38 said:

Dana

...yeah, we have a number of them in the streets here after our 5 days of "real" winter.  Not very enjoyable.

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,072

I find this very disturbing. Barnyard fowl don't do well with second-hand smoke.

edited February 2021

LeatherGryphon said:

Mystiarra said:

the i love lucy town smiley

and remember to bring your parking pass. smileysmiley

??? Don't understand.  Who said anything about "I Love Lucy", or parking passes?

Which "I Love Lucy" town?  She and Ricky lived in NYC for the early shows.  Then they lived somewhere in Connecticut.  Ricky came from Havana, Cuba, and Lucy (and her mother) came from Jamestown, NY.  Fred and Ethel simply came from Vaudeville.indecision

Oh, I finally get it.blush  I think.  Is it that you remembered that I live near Jamestown, NY?  (the Lucy town)yes  Although I don't remember anything I might have said about a parking pass.indecision  But then again, there's a lot of things I don't remember saying or doing these days.

Upon further memory excavations there was that incident where I forgot my parking pass when I went to the symphony in Pittsburgh.  If that's what it was, then I'm touched that somebody remembered anything at all that I've ever said.blush

iiec you posted a sad tale you went to the opera but you coidnt park cuz there was a parking permit thing you forgot.

Now I want succotash, but nobody makes it premade. sad 

I guess I'll have to settle for 3 bean salad. 

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,072

edited February 2021

Mystiarra said:

iiec you posted a sad tale you went to the opera but you coidnt park cuz there was a parking permit thing you forgot.

Yes, that was the story.  But it's worse than that.  In the crowded disorganized traffic around the concert hall and parking in downtown Pittsburgh when I finally reached the entrance to the parking garage I looked in my suit pockets where I had my symphony ticket and other show information but couldn't find my parking pass right away and in shock thought that I had forgotten to bring it.  Then as I attempted to go around the block to try to find another parking spot, any spot.  I got caught in a lane of traffic toward one of the many bridges that service downtown Pittsburgh (it's almost an island) and was whisked over the river on a long bridge, then through a long tunnel in the mountain, and my first opportunity to exit the highway was miles west of the city on the wrong side of the river.  A football game was happening in the stadium near downtown so there was oodles of traffic coming into town and the I saw that the tunnel/bridge traffic back into town was essentially a parking lot and I had already fought that traffic the first time I made it into the city, and wasn't about to attempt it again.  The symphony was about to start and I would be way late.  So I headed home, 180 miles away (that's like London to Liverpool).  On the way home I stopped for a snack, opened my wallet to pay for the snack and there was my parking pass.  Arghhhhh...crying

Two lessons learned that day.  First, always make sure you double check your driving plan, familiarize yourself with the city street layout, and know exactly where your ticket & parking pass are.  Second, never drive into Pittsburgh on a day when there is a football game happening. indecision

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449

Complaint,  Digiorno pizzas have shrunk again.  They where almost 14" then they shrunk to 13" and now the one I cooked last night was only 12".

46F out.  not too cold to go walking.  starting to think will survive this winter endless snowpocalypse

yoohootoob has a bunch of munster spisodes.  the dragula episode, lol.  a coffin turned into drag racing car.  Hurrmun dressed up like a pleather daddy.  in the original pilot, lillian was not yvonne de carlo.  dont wanna imagine anyone else in the lillian role.  

Yvonne, Carolyn Jones, Barbara Eden, Elizabeth Montgomery, Julie Newmar; were the women on tv when i was a munchkin.  Lone Ranger was still playing.  Lassie.  Timmy fell down the well again.

nother non stick failure.

last paan was ruined by tater totts.  latest pan ruined by shredded cheddar cheese.  

if is not good for the pan, whats it doing to my stomach?

my kidneys need a vacation.

• TheKDTheKD Posts: 2,677

Complaint: Great reinstall runtimes of 2021 taking long time. Just finished the last of the "hard part", the morph sets. I had to unzip and rearrange a lot of stuff in there, as I am adopting a new orginization method. The rest should be 98% of just unzipping. I am sure 2% I screwed up and must fix lol.

Noncomplaint:

2021-02-24 17:44:24.698 Finished Loading Character Addons
    2021-02-24 17:44:24.754 File loaded in 0 min 44.0 sec.

Loading my G8F Is not taking 10 minutes anymore lol

Noncomplaint: My tax refund came! And on a day Daz was offering discounted gift cards too. Now I am out of the hole, allowance-wise. I was able to pick up an oculus quest 2, some Daz credit, and some yummy yummy Thai food. Well, technically it was curried fried rice. I'm not sure if that is actually Thai food or just some sort of Asian fusion that passes for Thai. But the important part is that it was yummy. Now for some post-meal coffee. 

• certaintree38 said:

Noncomplaint: My tax refund came! And on a day Daz was offering discounted gift cards too. Now I am out of the hole, allowance-wise. I was able to pick up an oculus quest 2, some Daz credit, and some yummy yummy Thai food. Well, technically it was curried fried rice. I'm not sure if that is actually Thai food or just some sort of Asian fusion that passes for Thai. But the important part is that it was yummy. Now for some post-meal coffee. 

Complaint: My tax refund didn't come yet so I couldn't afford a gift card.

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,180

Complaint: I didn't see any gift card discounts!  Was it only a short sale?

Dana

DanaTA said:

Complaint: I didn't see any gift card discounts!  Was it only a short sale?

Dana

It ended at 4 pm mountain time, I am pretty sure. 

• I just paid all my insurances for the year, so I'm ready to stop spending money for a few weeks.  I don't even want to buy food right now, even though that's not a problem.  I just hate spending big amounts all at once.

I'm up for lasagna.  It's usually better when I make it, but I have a 3-serving premade box from Publix in the freezer, so that's what's going to be cooked tonight.

Or...I could make a burger or tacos with them's ground beefs that I had moved from the freezer to the frigergator 2 days ago.  Hmmm, decisions, decisions.  I'm kind of thinking tacos and maybe a Stella.

edited February 2021

...cooked up a big batch of my special teriyaki shredded beef steak tonight (that was marinating in the fridge since yesterday afternoon).  served it over rise noodles with stir fry mix of fresh veggies. Complemented with a tokuri of sake warmed to proper temperature.. 

This weekend will cook up a big batch of my signature burrito filling using 93% lan ground beef.

While I was simmering up the teriyaki, had one of those "wow I coulda' had a V8" moments that the shredded beef steak would go great in burritos as well so for the next batch I make after this weekend, going to give that try instead. 

....MM sale is coming, probably starting tomorrow or Friday. 

Wish I would have known about the gift card sale but had to do a grocery run before the wet weather comes back (not a fan of lugging groceries home in the rain). Was a really nice day, a bit chilly but sunny which helped and we won't see another dry day (maybe) until Sunday (weekends at the market are crazy anyway as that's when most people where I live decide to do their food shopping and checkout lanes stream back into the food aisles). 

This discussion has been closed.