• Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,267

@fishtales animation looks really good

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,043

Robert Freise said:

@fishtales animation looks really good

Thank you.

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited April 2021

@nonesuch00   I haven't been buying bundles for awhile, they just had too many poses or clothing I wouldn't use. I can't remember if the bundles had old products in them, I know several months back we were getting the ridiculous discount banners (like 70% off, or 50% off etc) when I owned all the products in the bundle except ONE. (And that item would go to something like $10-$12 dollars. Made no sense.)   

Perhaps they went with various combinations to qualify, such as overall money spent OR number of recent purchases (leaves me out) OR number of bundles owned overall (I would get in on that one as I used to buy bundles when there was a lot in them, no old stuff, and had a good mix of hair and clothes.) I can't believe how little I've spent for the entire month -what I normally used to spend in a few days. Fast Grab is the most attractive thing all month for me.

Example- Prices being 30% and having to buy THREE of the new items for that day to get what, a 50% discount or 60% discount in the stores? (But the new items prices don't drop?)  You'd be about the same or better buying only what you really want at 45% off the featured stores, depending on how many products you buy. So when I look at that, I just decide to wait.

Post edited by Novica on
    edited April 2021

So if you were the marketing team, what would you think would be a good, but reasonable marketing strategy for new items and featured stores?
    For me, it would look something like this- (new meaning new for THAT DAY)  Just playing with it, here's what I'd look for- or perhaps this would be too hard on vendors. So what do you think? When do you take notice and buy?

new items 30% off standard/minimum.  Featured stores 40%
    buy 1 new   30% new  / 45-50% stores  (so stores change)
    buy 2 -3 new   50% new  / 50%-60% stores  (two new items gets pricey, depending on what they are)
    but 4 or more new  55% 60% or more stores

Post edited by Novica on

Fishtales said:

Testing out my animation skills :)

Very nice! My animation skills would be doing cells like oldtime Disney LOL.  

• NathNath Posts: 2,713

Novica said:

So if you were the marketing team, what would you think would be a good, but reasonable marketing strategy for new items and featured stores?
    For me, it would look something like this- (new meaning new for THAT DAY)  Just playing with it, here's what I'd look for- or perhaps this would be too hard on vendors. So what do you think? When do you take notice and buy?

new items 30% off standard/minimum.  Featured stores 40%
    buy 1 new   30% / 45-50% stores  (so stores change)
    buy 2 -3 new   50%/ 50%-60% stores  (two new items gets pricey, depending on what they are)
    but 4 or more new  55% / 60% or more

Interesting pricing structure. What makes me take notice and buy would be if the new items are things I really want (and a 4 item buy-in would be unlikely to work out for that I think), AND if there's actually something from the featured stores in my wishlist.

Unless there are enough new items that I really want to trigger the third or fourth tier of your strategy, I might still be cheaper off buying fewer new/featured items for a lower percentage tier.

@nath   Yes, totally agree. I was thinking that on Wednesdays, there may be a PC+ item in the mix, and other days, poses or props in the lower price range. Also, Moussa gals are 50% so not all new items would be 30%. With all that in place perhaps getting 3 items isn't too far fetched. Without them, yeah, I don't usually buy more than 1-2 things when I buy. (And not lately.) 

My spending has been going down for a while now, and so far this year, it's the lowest it's been for years for each month. The funny thing is that I'm actually rendering more.

• DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,621

Nath said:

My spending has been going down for a while now, and so far this year, it's the lowest it's been for years for each month. The funny thing is that I'm actually rendering more.

For sure because were not spending all our time in the store trying to figure out Daz pricing schemes LOL.

Daventaki said:

For sure because were not spending all our time in the store trying to figure out Daz pricing schemes LOL.

You know, that's very true. Remember March Madness and the complexity of figuring out what was what? There were different sales going at differen times. I just stuck to the PC+ for a day section for a lot of it.  

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

Fishtales said:

Testing out my animation skills :)

Looks super!

Updated the Swing Ride with music.

Coolyes

Robert Freise said:

Coolyes

Thank you :) 

• I wonder if someone would be willing to show me how Faerwyn would look without Angharad. Love to have her, but the requirement for Angharad is a bit steep.

• RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,808

Fishtales said:

Even better! well done 

RGcincy said:

Fishtales said:

Even better! well done 

Thank you. 

• DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,621
    edited April 2021

RenderPretender said:

I wonder if someone would be willing to show me how Faerwyn would look without Angharad. Love to have her, but the requirement for Angharad is a bit steep.

Here you go!

Faerwyn.jpg
    895 x 935 - 597K
    Post edited by Daventaki on
  • Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,325

Be sure to check your messages. There may be some offers (including coupon codes) that are hidden by the current orange banner. At least I have some.

The one on top I have showing is the gift cards for today. :) 

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,325
    edited May 2021

Novica said:

The one on top I have showing is the gift cards for today. :) 

I have that and hidden under it is a "We're Gratful" loyalty one with a discount coupon.

Then under those is a "Save on Bundles" one  

Post edited by Charlie Judge on

Yeah, I'm seeing that too. The We're Grateful can be used three times up to Monday May 10th, so that's a rather fun one. 

I think the best price you can get for Jazz 8.1 is  36.37- my cart is saying 69%,  with the discount for owning those Michael etc bundles, then the discount code (20% new releases) banner. I'm not buying it because I am just not buying much anymore, but wondering if anyone got a lower price. (Folks with the season pass, not sure how that's working for you?) 

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,813

Ah, I didn't get the "We're grateful" banner. Wonder why, or why not?

I don't think I'll be buying Jazz either. Definitely not the bundle. (I wonder what this 70s kick they're on lately is about? It does seem to imply that the matched pair is Jazz and Jacqueline.)

I got the bundle for $28.79 

Robert Freise said:

So how is that season pass working? I've lost track how many new figures we've had released. Was this one of the ones you got a day early? I need to refresh my memory on how the pass worked, since I didn't get it, I just moved on and forgot about it.  

vwrangler said:

Ah, I didn't get the "We're grateful" banner. Wonder why, or why not?

I don't think I'll be buying Jazz either. Definitely not the bundle. (I wonder what this 70s kick they're on lately is about? It does seem to imply that the matched pair is Jazz and Jacqueline.)

I do like that Jazz is different, love the side profile :)  but yes, seems like the 70's is getting a bit repetitive.  

I've wishlisted Jazz and the hair from the bundle; I'm sure I'll buy them eventually some time down the line...

Novica said:

Robert Freise said:

So how is that season pass working? I've lost track how many new figures we've had released. Was this one of the ones you got a day early? I need to refresh my memory on how the pass worked, since I didn't get it, I just moved on and forgot about it.  

I'm still debating with myself as to how it's working out. It has some good and some bad. I think maybe it was worth trying it once but not sure about doing it again if there's a next time. Yes, it was, and hopefully I can kill the Microsoft bug that's driving me up the wall and be able to install this and use Studio sometime soon

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,750

I got the bundle to $17.74 with that coupon code and Season Pass discounts that were also buried.

I totally missed the Gift Card flash sale yesterday and have been hoping for one. Bummer. What time of the day was it on?